Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 08:55 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Oh Sweet Friday, Aug 16th - Daily

Good Morning All,

The show begins (Linny ) but first my coffeeeeeee.

I leave at 12:00 pm today goils so if I don't get back in have the best weekend.

You know what I did this morning, I went into the grocery store at 7:30 am to get a bagel for breakfast.....well..... I had to pass the cookie isle (SORRY LINNY) and low and behold, I saw those Chips Ahoy creamwich (chocolate of course) cookies...YUP I bought a bag OH THE SHAME, well I took 2, and gave the rest to a girl here at work. DON'T BUY THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are soo good. And you can't stop at 2 (150 calories), I did only because she was right here and I shoved the bag in her arms and told her to get out NOW.... haaaaaaaaaaa

Mila, glad you can join us, actually I'm glad your not hiding your feeling and sharing them with us....You can say just about anything to us, we won't run away, actually I think we've heard just about everthing (hopefully ). You've definitly come to the right place. Tell us about you? where are you from, how much weight are you trying to lose ? I need to lose 80 HUGE ONES Are you on any special diet plan ? exercise ? you know girl, details

Tippy your a gas ! I was cracking up reading your post about being stuck w/ poor ole R..... hey at least he tries (they all don't listen, why should your's be different ? ). When its all over, you'll sit back and laugh. Good thing for R you didn't have your shot gun with you haaaaa HEY !! How's your BF ?

Cathy, glad to hear the kids are doing well and you too. The reason you are losing weight is simple, if your not hungry (like you were) naturally your not eating as much. And once the weight starts to come off, the mental feeling it gives you is awesome and that will also keep you from picking when you shouldn't. HEY Don't analyize it, just go with the flow and love every minute, or should I say every pound that goes bye bye.

Lizzzzy are you gone on vacation yet ?? if not have an excellent one and enjoy...remember what I said in yesterday's post....cause I can't

Charlene ???????? Lady did you forget about us, hope to see you soon

Meg, are you still drunk from the wedding or did you pass out before you even got there

Everyone else have a good one.

Okay kids gotta do some work, TTYL,

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 08-16-2002 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:45 AM   #2  

Talking Hitting the dusty trails

I am outa here!

Liz has left the building!

Take good care people!

LizBiz

Old 08-16-2002, 06:30 PM   #3  

Hi gals,
I've been reading your posts this week, you all sound great.
I love the husband stuff for getting the cupboards.
I too have been heavy all my life, struggeled with the weight loss and the weight gain back plus some extra. Now I'm just trying to eat healthier and get in some exercise. Just starting out slow with the walking everyday, next week I'll try to get on the bike.
Then I'll see what happens after that.
Oh those cookies sounded really good. Would like to hang out with you guys, have a good weekend.
Deb
Old 08-16-2002, 07:54 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

hey Deb !!

Welcome, we'd love to have a new face around here, not that the old ones are getting old and decrepid or anything like that

Just to let you know 3FC's site will be down for the weekend, hopefully back up on monday. Also I usually don't post during the weekends cause the bambino and house keeps me hoppin.

I'm so glad you can stay.
TTYL, Love Leens

HEY ! Congrats on the slow changes, thats what I'm doing too! Guess I'm just tired of dieting.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:12 PM   #5  

Default Boy am I late today

Hi ladies,

I got busy doing other stuff and just now remembered I hadn't yet posted for the day. Thanks Leens for starting the show

Cookies.. you taunt me with COOKIES!! You are a bad bad woman. I have convinced myself that store bought cookies suck (which most do) , but I do not even go down that aisle at the store.. I am not crazy.

Deb, glad you found this little nut house. Hope you'll hang around.

Well, I bought Preparation H for my face, so the great experiment begins today. I spoke to the pharmacist about my doctor's idea and she had never heard of it b4.. so we'll see what happens.

Today was my day off exercise and I thouroughly enjoyed myself. Of course I was up at 6am this morning!!! I did manage to go back to sleep around 8am, so I did get a few more hours. Tomorrow is heavy yard duty and then Sunday, the aerobics starts all over again. I ended up running all over again today,.. ended up at Macy's. They are having great sales on summer clothes. I tell ya, I like buying clothes now a lot better than I did 30some pounds ago. I may be impossible after I lose more.. No comments from any of you smarty pants' that I already AM impossible

Anyway, I'm going to go start dinner.. chicken something on the menu.. either fajitias, honey nut stir fry,or sour cream chicken.

Have a nice Friday Night.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:21 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

LINNY !!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT

NOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOO

Preparation H is for the cheeks you sit on, HONEY are you sure you didn't go to a proctologist ? (sp??).

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Just bustin yer chain.
Thats a new one, what is it supose to do ?

Oh well better get back or someone will realize I'm gone

Love, Leens
Old 08-19-2002, 09:58 AM   #7  

Hi everyone,
Thanks for welcoming me into your group. Weighed in this morning, 4 lbs. down. I even cheated yesterday and had some macaroni & cheese, the velveeta gooey good stuff, and some zuccini bread I made. At least I only had 2 slices instead of the whole loaf.
I.m sure you all know each other. I will tell you a little about me. The rest can come later.
47 years old
3 kids 24 year old girl - single
22 year old boy - marrried 2 years
20 year old spoiled girl - married on the 20th of July, then
left me with her husband to Colorado to start a new life. I
am happy for them. Do it while your young and able.
They are the kids from my first husband who passed away 11 years ago.
I have been married to my present husband for 4 years. He has been great. He has no children, but he loves mine.
I live in a small town in Minnesota ( with a billion mesquitos )
Love to garden.
Have been a bartender for 27 years, Just started the kithcen a year ago, got burned out of the bartending. I loved my little kitchen. Have been off work for 6 weeks tore my rotator cuff and fractured the bone it connects to. Just started some therapy last Fri. going in today & fri. And he sure hurts me, but it's working.
I want to lose 60 lbs. Am on a eat healthier weight loss plan, watching calories and fat. Getting some exercise in. Well that is a little about me. I'd like to know more about all of you. Well I better get ready for my therapy session. ouch
Check in later
Have a great day
Deb
Closed Thread