Mini-Goals - The first 5 pounds!

View Full Version : The first 5 pounds!

Raichu
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
So today I walked to the inner part of the city to find a scale. I eagerly booked it home to my apartment, only to open it and find that it was in kg (although I don't know what I was expecting.. this IS Europe after all.)

And that it only went up to 115kg. I was terrified, because I had no idea what I'd weigh in kg. It didn't help that when I stood on it, it made a loud cracking sound.

But I centered my weight on it and it evened out at 107kg - or 236. I started at 241 two weeks ago. I was estatic because it's slightly higher than my goal of 2 pounds per week. But part of me feels upset, like it should be more. I know I'm right on track, but I'm still caught in the middle - maybe because it's so early in the game? Does anyone else experience this?

This weekend, Raichu is buying herself a new shirt to celebrate! :carrot:

leeway
01-22-2010, 01:38 AM
:carrot::cp::broc::cp::cb:
YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like you're off to a great start and you lost 3 more pounds than you'd planned on!:woohoo:

Hey, we all would like the scale to show a bigger loss but have to remember to take it a day at a time and a pound at a time - the idea is to just keep moving forward. Be proud of what you've accomplished and go get that shirt!

:bravo:

LovebirdsFlying
01-22-2010, 05:39 AM
You are off to a great start. Two pounds a week is considered quite fast for a woman, because she has monthly hormonal issues. Congratulations to you for losing five.

Judy Lynn
01-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Way to go on the first 5 pounds! That is awesome! Not all scales weigh exactly the same. Now that you have your own scale it will be easier to track your weight. Happy blouse shopping!

yossarianlives
01-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Yay! What a great start! I lost about 4lbs my first week, but after that it evened down to ~2lbs a week. Here's to the beginning of a new you! :D

thelastmartinis
01-22-2010, 12:17 PM
That's great!! Don't you just love little surprises like that.

drivingwithbooks
01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Don't let the weight loss number get to you and remember that every single pound you lose is something hard fought for and a victory. We all started our journey and watched those first few pounds come off. As the pounds come off you'll just feel better and better about it and know that if you do have a setback (and you will because we're all only human) to not give up. You just get back up on your feet and move forward again.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

mytime2Bsuccessful
01-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Congrats. Keep it up.

thundahthighs
01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
You earned that shirt!!

:carrot:

Oshaberi
01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Congrats!! I was thrilled with my first 5 too. It's so exciting. :D Like you finally realize, "This is working!"

So good for you! You deserve that shirt. ;3 Keep it up!