Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #1  
Cake Lover

S/C/G: 270/207/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Schadenfreude and weight goals

Even though I want to eventually weigh 160, I made the goal to myself that I would try to get down to 180 by my daughter's birthday in July. I really want to take her out and have a girls day with just us, clothes shopping, mall walking, whatever she wants just her and I for her birthday.

I know it's a pretty lofty goal, and if I don't reach it, it's okay. But I've always been better at reaching goals if they're more difficult than easy, I guess it encourages me to try harder and stay on track.

The thing about my goal is now it seems like it has an extra benefit besides my daughter's birthday... cause I just found out today that her dad (my ex husband) and his gf are having a baby that is due in July! I'm good friends with him still, and his gf is a sweetheart. So is it a bit mean of me to be excited to be thin again while she's going to be all big and worn out?

This girl has been thin the entire time they've been together, and I know one of the reasons my husband and I didn't work out was her, and even though I don't blame her, I know he is far more attracted to thin girls. So maybe a small part of me is taking pleasure in her future misfortune and I feel like it's so negative, I want to move past that!

I just want to be glad I'm getting healthier and better looking for me, not to spite anyone else. Anyone else get this ever?
Kellye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Well, I think it's human. We all have emotions like that, whether we admit it or not. But that's not the same thing as choosing to nurture it!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.6/145

Height: 5'7"

It certainly shouldn't be your driving factor, but it doesn't sound like it is. I agree that it's just human.
MotoMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #4  
Results Are Typical

S/C/G: 232/217/180

Height: 5' 1.5"

My father used to say awful things to my mother. She kicked him out for a lot of reasons. He remarried but his new wife had to lose a lot of weight first, which she did, and became a life memeber of WW. Then years later for whatever reason she packed on quite a bit of weight in a short period of time. Obvioulsy it was something medical and I did not want anything to be wrong with her but the irony of the situation did not escape me. He ended up with the one thing he did not want--a fat wife. So I do understand your position. We women are competitive and snarky. As long as you don't teach your daughter that the only reason to maintain a healthy weight is to rub other peoples' noses in it I think you should revel in your success hehehe but then again I have been accused more than one of being evil hehehe. Think about it--don't you think deep down he feels like he is more of a stud because he scored a hot thin chick? Well now you are hot and thin and you should feel like a stud too.
honeybjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #5  

We all have feelings that can be a little mean at times, in my opinion it's best just to acknowledge them and move on.
and, a little extra motivation never hurt anyone.....
hanawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 PM   #6  

It sounds like your original goal was made with your heart in the right place. If it just so happens that his girl friend is heavier, oh well! You just keep being the best you can be!!
nitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #7  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Am I the only one who immediately thought of Avenue Q?

It's natural and human. As long as you're not being nasty and mean with it, accept it and move on.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #8  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 250/250/125

Height: 5'10"

sidhe - you are not the only one who immediately thought of avenue q!

& like the song says, it's human nature, perfectly normal! of course, as a student midwife, i think pregnant women are gorgeous and not big and worn out
seidlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #9  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Well she may not got big and worn out. I lost weight when I was pregnant. I wish I had kept the momentum going. But don't get excited until you see how pregnancy shows on her. The feeling of thinking you are going see her all swollen and she stays thin and just get a little belly. Will really suck.

Last edited by jigglefree; 01-22-2010 at 03:41 AM.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote