100 lb. Club - so what's for dinner TONIGHT?

View Full Version : so what's for dinner TONIGHT?

cfmama
01-20-2010, 07:24 PM
We're having boneless sole fillets with salt free lemon herb seasoning. I'm having two large fillets at 180 calories.

We're also having baked cauliflower with Olive oil, cracked pepper and tons of salt free garlic seasoning. Mmmm... going to be sooo good! I'm having two cups of of the cauliflower mixture for around 200 calories.

So what are you having tonight? And what's the calorie count?

marigrace
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Curried chicken breast with onion, & tomato ginger and garlic on a bed of kasha.... 525 yummy calories

ToriLeigh
01-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Not too creative tonight. We had salad and a frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizza, came in at 501, but it was really good.

HeidiNicole
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Pan seared chicken breast chunks in homemade gravy (using cream of chicken soup) with mashed potatoes and baby carrots. 6oz of chicken, 1/3c gravy, 150 gm of potatoes and 125 gm of carrots came to 498 cal

ToriLeigh
01-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Pan seared chicken breast chunks in homemade gravy (using cream of chicken soup) with mashed potatoes and baby carrots. 6oz of chicken, 1/3c gravy, 150 gm of potatoes and 125 gm of carrots came to 498 cal

Yum, that sounds good. How did you make the gravy? Just the soup?

HeidiNicole
01-20-2010, 08:05 PM
This is a link to the recipe I used Chicken "tips" with gravy (http://greenlitebites.com/2009/03/09/simple-chicken-tips-with-gravy/) It's just the soup, 3/4 can of water (could use a little less), gravy master, instant coffee granules, and worcestershire (sp?)

DCHound
01-20-2010, 08:06 PM
That would be, chicken, and lettuce! The usual! I don't know the calorie count...probably fairly low I would guess.

calluna
01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Navy bean soup, vegetarian style. 1c is about 240 cals. May have 2c or have 1.5 and slice of whole grain bread at 145 cal.

FWIW, once a week we usually make a soup of some kind - split pea, navy bean, 13-bean, lentil, BRM Vegi soup, etc.. Sometimes with meat but often without. It makes a family meal or so and then I have solid lunches or dinners when the others are eating stuff I want to stay away from.

LizR
01-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Spinach salad with hard boiled egg whites and babybell light cheese in a whole wheat pita with snap peas on the side. The kids had the snap peas and mac & cheese. :dizzy:

bensempress
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Homemade veggie chili served over a little pile of brown rice- about 500 calories. I LOVE chili night, lol...

FitGirlyGirl
01-20-2010, 10:52 PM
I gave up my plan for dinner since hubby had his lunch at about 4 and didn't want dinner. I ended up having Weight Watchers Chicken Santa Fe and 3/4 cup of a brown and wild rice blend for a total of 276 calories (sooo yummy!). That was too little though and now I'm hungry so I am thinking of some PB2 on a whole grain sandwich thin and a few of the awesome cherries I found at the grocery today.

catherinef
01-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I've got a bunch of veggies I got at the greengrocer earlier this week that need to be used, like, NOW. So I am stir-frying, in a tiny bit of ghee, one small sweet potato, about 150 grams of baby white potatoes, lots of fresh garlic, a bunch of bell peppers, an onion, and some cabbage greens with various Indian spices. I may whip up a bit of cucumber/mint raita to go with it, and I'll probably make some quinoa or brown basmati rice to go with it. Not sure what the calories will work out to be, but I'll weigh everything and toss it into my recipe counter thingie before cooking.

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2010, 05:45 AM
Last night is was boiled potatoes with skin, lite cheese sauce, steamed carrots with ginger and cinn.
320 calories

dgramie
01-21-2010, 06:56 AM
My hubby ate a late lunch and didnt want dinner. I ended up having 2tbs of peanut butter on a thin bun. 290 calories

Beverlyjoy
01-21-2010, 07:13 AM
tonight

cheese toast, tomato soup, veggie strips

300 calories

Eliana
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Uh...P.F. Chang's. LOL! Chicken Fried Rice and Mongolian Beef (or chicken as my 8 year calls it :rolleyes:) But I now eat 1/3 of what I used to! I think it's around 300 calories. The whole dish serves 3 at 337 calories per dish. With the 1/2 cup of fried rice I had I'm probably looking at around 400 calories.

Passionista
01-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Tonight, I'm having baby broccoli with water chestnuts, onions, garlic, ginger, soba noodles, chilies, vinegar and tofu. 500 calories of YUM!

rockinrobin
01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Last night:

a big bowl of tomato/barley/cabbage soup
salmon, seasoned with homemade pesto
zucchini ribbons with onions and lemon

SO good!! Calories? about 425.. Each and every one scrumptious and healthy.. Life is good!

Kae
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Tonight will be my leftovers from last night... Lettuce Wraps. :)

I was improvising on the ingredients so I used ground turkey with garlic and onion, spicy garlic chilli sauce, low sodium soy sauce, low sodium chicken broth, and oyster sauce... Mix all that together, add other veggies if you like, and spoon it into lettuce leaves. Yum, yum!

time2lose
01-21-2010, 09:52 AM
Last night wasn't so good. We ate at a Chinese buffet to celebrate my son's new job. It was his choice. It was hard for me to know what to eat so I had Wonton soup, the broth only, beef and broccoli, and steamed vegetables.

I am looking forward to tonight. I am going to try a new recipe, Easy Caramelized Onion Pork Chops (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Caramelized-Onion-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx) (175 calories), steamed broccoli (35 calories), and hashbrowns (150 calories). My family love these hash-browns and they have not realized that they are low fat. I cube a baked potato, spray my skillet with Pam, add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and then brown the potatoes. So much better than the greasy hash-browns we used to have!

BeachBreeze2010
01-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Last night was steak night. There is a grocery here that sells great meats and will cut them however you want - and the price is really reasonable too! We had 6 oz lean steak (pre-cooking weight) per person and green beans. I used to make green beans with bacon and onions, but I came up with a good alternative to it that is very yummy. I bought 1.5lbs of snap green beans from produce section, snapped and cleaned them while sauteeing large chunks of sweet onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil. Then, I put the fresh beans in the pan and poured 1/2 can of beef broth over it, covered and simmered until beans are cooked. Drain excess broth and serve. Calories per serving: 320 for 6 oz steak, green beans (1 cup) 44 calories, onion 15 calories, olive oil 60 calories, broth negligeable (1/2 can had 5 calories). Total of 439 calories per person.

Tonight is grab bag. I will probably have leftover steamed veggies that I put in my pasta Tuesday. It's nothing but veggies (spinach, tomato, mushroom, onion, garlic, green pepper), a little olive oil and jenni-o turkey link slices (200 cals per serving).

Kae
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
My family love these hash-browns and they have not realized that they are low fat. I cube a baked potato, spray my skillet with Pam, add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and then brown the potatoes. So much better than the greasy hash-browns we used to have!

We do a variety of those potatoes at my house too. My mom calls them fried potatoes. We take an unbaked potato (or you can use a left over baked potato but they tend to break apart a bit more when pre-cooked) and cut them into thin slices before cooking them in the pan. Way better than the store bought hasbrowns!:hungry:

slai78
01-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Tonight, Lightly seasoned salmon (I love the taste of salmon!!) and grilled zucchini! Not sure on the calorie count, but one serving is 5 WW points!

L R K
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I am making a chicken stir-fry.

4oz Chicken breast, about a 1/4 cup cooked brown rice, carrots, red peppers and a homemade marinade / sauce. Approx. 400 cals

CanadianCutie
01-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Last night I had homemade beans with frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and carrots), canned no salt diced tomatoes, and a little mushroom soup to mix it, added some garlic powder and spicy steak spice.

Tonight we're going out for dinner since I'm heading home to Canada tomorrow evening. We're thinking gyros from a local family owned greek restaurant after a bit of shopping.

david
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
tonight is what ill call "portion night"...im making cheese enchiladas, rice and beans...ill have to be careful

Nikki6kidsmom
01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Tonight I will have at home a small sirloin grilled and a bunch of steamed broccoli , dessert will be a 1/2 cup Sugar free pudding.

The kids will have mac and cheese with their steak/ or grilled chicken for my kids who don't eat much red meat.

calluna
01-21-2010, 04:17 PM
4 oz Red (sockeye) salmon baked with lemon ... we never have a shortage of fabulous salmon, as I live in Alaska near the mouth of the Kenai River. Last July, one evening after work we netted 61 reds in 2-3 hours, of which I kept about 30. Of course, we were cleaning and freezing fish for the **entire** next day...

Also green salad and perhaps a smattering of wild rice.

Michelle98272
01-21-2010, 04:27 PM
A ton of stir fried veggies / chicken with a tiny bit of teriyaki sauce over it. I'm making jasmine rice for myself and sphaghetti noodles for my 9 year old son. He hates rice but loves the pasta. I find regular pasta to be a trigger food, so I'm trying to skip it more often than not.

FitGirlyGirl
01-21-2010, 05:05 PM
calluna - I am soooo jealous of the salmon. DH and I are both some SERIOUS salmon lovers.

I'm making turkey noodle soup. We have a bunch of frozen turkey from Thanksgiving. I'm going to take a couple of the single servings that I froze and a bit of the broth add some carrots, mushrooms, onions, celery, dreamfields pasta, some extra herbs and some pepper and mmmmmmmm! We had the same thing a few weeks ago and it was yum.

ETA: A huge 700g bowl for just 423 calories.

Arctic Mama
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
I have a low- oil recipe for fried rice, so I am making chicken fried rice with broccoli :)

SNMomof1
01-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Subway. I'm sick and am trying not to expose everyone. My daughter is very medically fragile and the last time she had a cold, she almost ended up in the PICU. She has surgery on the 3rd and we've been waiting a year for it... so I'm pretty much hiding out and avoiding everyone. SO... I'm having a toasted subway club on wheat with lettuce and pickles.

KCMom
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM
It's just me tonight, so I'm having a tossed salad and an Amy's Organic Enchilada Casserole and Black Beans bowl with a Tb. of light sour cream on top. The bowl comes in at 380 calories and is pretty darned good for a frozen dinner.

rakel
01-21-2010, 07:12 PM
I had sauteed green beans, mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing and a 4oz chicken breast sauteed with spices. It all came in around 600 calories. Not bad for a filling meal with half the calories (or more) then what you'd order in a restaurant!

marigrace
01-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Whole wheat angel hair, with shrimp,olive oil, parsley, and garlic. 500 calories

mojolove05
01-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I had Chipotle Glazed Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes (http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/quick-recipes/dinner/6-quick-chicken-recipes/) for 407 calories per serving.

shcirerf
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
90/10 ground beef, salsa, light cheese and some great 100 calorie, whole grain tortillas I found.

david
01-22-2010, 05:13 PM
leftovers....theres some roast, salad stuff, soup

LizR
01-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Turkey sausage and peas scrambled in a porabella mushroom with roasted cauliflower.

time2lose
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
It is leftover night at my house. I am having baked chicken, cabbage, and green beans.

Beverlyjoy
01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
pot roast, ketchup, corn & tossed salad & lite salad dressing
370 calories

marigrace
01-22-2010, 07:16 PM
OK...chicken breast again, but boy it was good. sauteed in olive oil with shallot, oregano, and lime juice. Served with leftover kasha and greenbeans. 525 Calories

Teresa2010
01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
spaghetti/wheat pasta and a salad (baby mix, craisins, grape tomatos and lt newmans balsamic). about 400 calories

this is the first time i have tried the wheat. I like it. The DH and DD do not. So, I made regular for them.