Calorie Counters - Give me strength!

View Full Version : Give me strength!

ncuneo
01-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Tonight we're going to a basketball game and the stadium has the yummiest huge chocolate chunk cookies. I always get one...but I'm really trying to do this right and get that last 50 lbs off. The best I can figure, the cookie is worth 500 cals and while I know it wouldn't blow my diet (today is a high cal day) I really want to be good and skip it, but it's only just after 2:00 here and I can't stop thinking about it. Give me the strength to just say NO! It's bad enough I'm having to eat out tonight and do it in 800 cals (totally possible, but I can't find info on the restaurant we're going to) so I'll be just guessing. On top of that it's been raining here this week and my workouts have been less than steller because I usually hike or jog outside. But it's only Wednesday and I've lost 1/2 a lb this week, so if I can just hang in there I'll probably have a 1-2 lb week which I really need right now to keep me motivated.

Thanks for listening!

beachbabe8406
01-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I hope you kept your strength! I lost a little bit of mine and has a slice of chocolate pie this afternoon. I think I am still within my calories though, so I don't feel completely horrible.

mariamherrera
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
you can do it girl! it's all about will power... try keeping your mouth busy doing something so you don't think about eating the cookie like chew some gum or slowly sip on a diet coke .. if you do cave.. try splinting it with other people.. like at least in half or even 4ths! tell people "this tastes so good you gotta try this" thats what I do when I don't want people to know I'm dieting. I get what I'd normally do and then offer half of it to other people right away.

BatgirlAmy
01-21-2010, 01:25 AM
i felt the same wayy! I passed up Fried Chicken today....sooooo close.

canadianwoman
01-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Obviously the basketball game is over but for next time you could get the cookie and share it with people around you.