WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters--Second Page of Happy New Year 2010

Tina
01-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Hello :dance:

We are a great, talkative group this month. We had to begin another thread as the other one was getting too long for the forum.

Mimi has received her 10% pin. :bravo: :carrot: :dance: That is fantastic!

Susan, we hope your dad is out of ICU and doing well.
Tammy, are you swimming this time at the Y? How is Maurice doing? Of course, how is Tim doing? :D

Jeanne, you are doing so good with your journaling. Keep it up.

Maureen, is it still too cold for roller blading? Is your new floor all down now? I want to see pictures.

Sis and Dori, y'all can do this. Just keep coming here to talk.

We have several new members. I hope they can find this second thread.

Today the realtor will speak with the builder to go over the inspection report. Hopefully, he'll do most all the repairs. Our option period ends tomorrow. Time is going by fast!!!!
I've been journaling but not drinking as much as I should.

Everyone have a great day.
Tina
:flow1:

jar1965
01-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Happy Tuesday!

Mimi - :cp: GOOD job girl!

Susan - Hope things are well at your end! :hug:

Tina - Great job on journaling for you as well!:carrot: So exciting about the townhouse!

Tammy - I think you started something here with these Zumba classes!;)

Maureen, Dori, & Sis - hi! Hope you are having a great day!

Drink your water, eat your veggies and try Zumba! (haha) Just thought I'd through that in there to be funny! I start tomorrow!

exquisitern
01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Good Afternoon all!

Found the thread after I had posted on the other one.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I stayed on points all weekend except Friday night when I went to the movies. I ate about 1/2 a bucket of buttered popcorn. I hope my 35 extra points covered it! Anyway, otherwise, I've done good. I even walked twice for 25 minutes. My legs are sore, but I know it will get better. I used to walk 3-4 miles at a time. I did good to get over a mile. I made my goal to walk 3 times this first week.

Everyone take care.

Donna

Tammy
01-19-2010, 03:40 PM
Boy, we really talk alot!!!

Tina, I'm doing the step aerobics on M-W-F mornings. Thought about signing up for the water aerobics, then I thought about how cold it is outside, and how the water is already too cold let alone when it's cold outside. Maybe later in the spring. Maurice is great! He is napping right now. Maybe I should be too. I think I might after I finish on here.

Tim is good. He took the EMT class this morning. Praying he passes it. He'll find out late tomorrow or Thursday he thinks. He is at Arby's working right now. Still busy with his classes too.

Let us know what you find out about the new place & the inspection stuff.

Jeanne, I've been journaling too, but just online at Sparkpeople. Hope you enjoy the Zumba class! I need to talk to the woman that teaches at Studio Zumba, and see when her classes are. I would like to go a couple times a month if I can.

Went to the rheumatologist this morning. That is the first that I have been there since August, 2008, the month after Bob died. She was pleased with the 17 pounds that I had lost since then, glad to see me looking better and feeling better. She's still concerned about the left knee making crunching noises, but since it hasn't been bothering me, I'll just continue with the same meds. (no mention of surgery)

I might take a short nap, then run to fill some prescriptions, go get my oil changed, and then go bug Tim at Arbys. I'm sure that would make him happy.

Hope everyone is staying OP!

Tammy
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Donna, we must have been typing at the same time! Good for you for getting out and walking. Doesn't it make you feel better after you have done something? The soreness will go away, so that's a good thing.

In my aerobics class yesterday, we used weights alot. I can really feel it in my armpits and upper arms today. Hoping that we don't do them as much tomorrow.

Tina
01-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Hi,

Donna, I am very impressed with your walking, too. Wow, you did over a mile in 25 minutes. That is great!!!

Tammy, my fingers and toes are crossed for Tim. I am certain he will pass with no problem. Please let us know.

Jeanne, thanks for the dancing carrot. :lol:

I had a message on the machine from our realtor. The contractor called her saying he was still looking at the list of things to be corrected. He didn't see any reason why all things couldn't be addressed. Addressed---I hope that means fixed. :)

My sister and I went looking for living room furniture at several stores this morning. We ended up at a Chinese restuarant. I hope I don't have water retention from it. I should start drinking lots and lots of water.

:hug:

maureen kempster
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
good evening all

well, I sure haven't been on program lately-I just came back from buying a dining room set-not the one I originally saw, but I like this one a bit better I think-they'll deliver it saturday. my brother took my to look at them and we stopped for Tim Horton's coffee and donuts-I had a large Ice Cap!! just what I needed -oh yeah & I had a Boston Cream donut-boo hoo(but it was good)
tomorrow's another day

maureen

Tammy
01-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Quick note. Tim just found out about the EMT test. HE PASSED!!!!! We were dancing around the house!

auntie
01-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Hi,
I'm back home! Dad got out of ICU Sunday morning. Then moved to rehab today. I hope he isn't there a long time. He has a roommate so mom can't stay the night!!! Thats good!!! I want you to know I have cried more tears than I should have!!! It really hurts my heart and Pat doesn't seem to understand. He thinks I'm over reacting! That is my Daddy!!!

Tina, yea I think that means everything will be fixed!
Tammy, a happy dance here for Tim!!!!
Maureen, how exciting!!

I think I have plantar facitis. My heel really hurts and especially in the morning! I went to buy a boot to sleep in but it was $65. I figure I could wear the boot I used when I had surgery. It my other foot.

Off to bed! Thanks for all the prayers and please continue with them. We have a long way to go!

Ladybug2680
01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm having another rough day. I don't understand why I make bad food decisions and then feel bad for eating the "bad" stuff. You would think I would do what I need to do in order to get this weight off. *sigh* However, there is hope on the horizon. My best friend and I have decided that next Monday will be our official start date for our new lifestyle. I will follow WW's while she does calorie counting. We will also walk every afternoon after school plus do some exercising with our lovely spouses. I think it will help me stay on track. I'm also thinking about keeping a picture diary of my journey along with a blog. At this point, I need all the support I can get.

Catching up on the previous posts. Talk to you gals later.

Tina
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Hello, hello, hello :carrot:

Dori, you can do this!!!!! That's a great idea to do it with a friend. And, exercising is a must at getting that metabolism going again. I think you will see results in no time. The inches will fall off. :hug:

Tammy, I am so happy for you and Tim. Happy dancing everywhere.

Susan, of course you are upset. This is your daddy. It's hard for us children. I'm so happy that he's out of ICU. You take care of yourself.
About that heel--my right heel did the same thing for a couple of months. I found that if I walked every day, the pain finally just disappeared. Why don't you try that before investing in a costly boot. Oh, Advil helped me, too.

Maureen, that is great about your dining room set. We have a bedroom set on layaway. At least you can eat and I can sleep. :lol:

Mimi, how are you doing?

Sis, mt girl, Donna, keep OP.

Jeanne, tell me more about those WW little bars. I have some Special K protein bars that are good.

I just returned from the exercise room where I walked for 30 minutes. I'm really going to miss this place when we finally move out. I hope my old treadmill will still work. It's in storage right now. :)

jar1965
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
hi everyone! Ahhhhhhhh, tonight was my first Zumba class! It was an hour class and I only made it through the first half hour. Then I jumped in for the cool down! I'll be on line tomorrow......if I am able to CRAWL out of bed and WALK down the steps! haha! Loved it! It was a full house and the little girl instructing was amazing!
My daughters and my friends all did great and loved it! Soooooo, we will be back next Weds.:fr:

Have a great night and we made it over the hump! 2 more days till the w/e again!

jar1965
01-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Good Morning!:coffee:

Have a TERRIFIC THURSDAY!

Tammy
01-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Susan, glad to hear your dad is out of ICU, and also glad to hear he has a roomie so your mom can't stay there. She needs to take care of herself too.
You are not over reacting! I was the same with with both of my parents and Bob when they were ill. If you hold it in, it makes it worse for you. Trust me. Is it the bottom of your heal? They thought that I had p.f. and discovered that I had a heel spur.

Dori, that will be good to have a friend to work with you. I think having someone else to help keep you accountable is great.

Tina, Tim is still flying high over passing the test! Those Special K bars are good. Have you tried the Fiber One Bars? YUM! I usually have one in my bag for when I finish my class at the Y. good for walking on the treadmill. I hope yours works when you get it out of storage!! I know how often you used it.

Jeanne, LOL to you and Zumba! I felt the same way the first class, but I loved it. The music was so much fun, and I grinned like a goof through the whole class. Our class was 45 minutes of Zumba, then we did 30 minutes of toning. It was great. Guess I should still be taking it, but when the doctor and Tim tell me they think I need to back off on things, I guess I'll give it a try for now.

Ice this morning. All the schools are on delays. I was going to go with Tim to get books for his classes, but he called and said we'll go later this afternoon.

Ok. Here is the scoop on Tim. He failed 2 classes first semester. I know he worked hard, and he really enjoyed the classes. He was devestated. He has never been a good test taker, and since Bob died, he has really struggled with school. For this semester, he had 3 classes on Mon. and Fri. and 4 classes on Wed (same classes from M & F, but an added class). We were glad that he didn't have to drive over an hour every day this semester. In order to graduate in May, he had to pick up a couple more classes. It scares me that he won't be able to do well with all the classes. He talked to his advisor, and he was able to get 2 classes at the local community college, and those credits will transfer. He is taking an English class and Sociology. English is Tues. and Thurs. mornings, and the Sociology is on Tues. night. Please keep him in prayers that he can handle all these classes, plus working at Arbys and running rescue squad. Arby's and the squad have been so helpful with his schedules, so that is helping. He wants me to play the "teacher mom" this semester, and help him with things (making sure he is getting things done on time, helping him study, etc.). He knows that if he wants to graduate on time, maybe I can help a bit.

Just took Maurice out, and we slid across the walk. I held on to the door handle to keep standing. Oh my. I should have stayed down south!!!

auntie
01-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Hi,

Dad got sent to rehab Tuesday. Today they got him up and had him eat in the cafeteria. Momma ate with him. They also are checking him for all kinds of things and are really on top of things. He is getting really confused periodically. I think it's the medicine again. He called 911 last night because he heard a fight in the hall. Luckily 911 checks if they receive a call from a nursing home. Daddy knows something isn't right but he is getting stronger daily. It's so hard..... I know ya'll understand!

I'm going down on Feb. 4 weekend because the 5th is Momma's 75th birthday. Plus we are going to have a little party at the rehab place. I guess we will call it the hotel again! :)

I'm having my abalation on Feb. 18 and taking off on the 19th.

Get this, they told the teacher next door to me that they were not renewing her contract at the end of the year. I was floored! Even though I know I'm doing what I am suppose to, it makes you nervous!

Tina, yea on the house!
Maureen, how's the move coming?
Tammy, I know it's been hard for Tim! He will do fine with all his classes!!! He is a strong young man and has a wonderful mother! I'm glad that he is willing to let you help. He will be in my prayers!
Jeanne, how's it going for you?
Dori, when do you get out for summer? I'm already for it and we have a long way to go!

Oh, I'm doing the 30 day shred in the mornings and swimming at night. NO LOSS!!!!! I do know that I'm firming up so maybe it will start sooner than later.

auntie
01-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Ya'll are going to think I've lost my mind but I'm going to do a triathlon at Lifetime (my gym) It's an indoor 1 hour triathlon. You do 10 minutes in the pool, 20 minutes treadmill and a 30 minute bike ride in the cycling room. I'm going to DO IT!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I don't know what has gotten into me, but I know I can do an hour!!!!

Tina
01-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Susan, that sounds like fun. Can we all come do it with you!
Tammy, I'm so sorry Tim has had problems. You are a good mother and will help him.

Everyone have a good Friday.

auntie
01-22-2010, 12:24 AM
I want you all to do it with me!!! It would be so much fun!!!

maureen kempster
01-22-2010, 06:39 AM
way to go Susan-we'll be there with you-I bet you didn't know you've been corresponding with "Time Travellers" all these years-good for you though-you'll do it-when's it happening?

maureen

jar1965
01-22-2010, 08:15 AM
:coffee:TGIF!!!!

Hi everyone!!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Susan - :woohoo: I think that sounds wonderful! I'd love to do it with you too!

jar1965
01-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi! Me again! I was just thinking......I told you guys about the 1 Point Chocolate Carmel WW Bars.......Well today, my new order came today and I just had the 1 Point Peanut Butter Bar! OMGosh! So good! So, I know that they are pricey, but for those of you who go to meetings - you should treat yourself to a box!

Hope you all had a great Friday!:carrot:

auntie
01-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Maureen and Jeanne, I'd love for ya'll to come do it with me. I keep thinking about how excited and I am and then in the next minute I think well....... maybe I shouldn't! I think it would be an accomplishment. I'd only be competing with myself because I don't care if I came in last just as long as I finished.

It's Feb. 28. I just have to make sure that I can do it after the abalation. I asked him last time if I would have any restrictions and he said no. I was wondering if I could swim. I'll have to double check when I go for my pre op appointment.

Tina
01-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Happy Saturday!
Susan, yes--double check about that. You'd be moving a whole lot.
It sounds like such fun. :D

Jeanne, I'll have to get some of those bars at a meeting.
I threw away the chocolate smoothie mix. After one serving, I just couldn't go it. They've changed something about it since the last time I bought some. :(

Tammy, I haven't tried the Fiber One bars but will look at them in the store.

Maureen, I know you are tired. Be sure to eat lots of protein to help keep yourself going.
Donna, how are you doing? Did you have a good weigh-in? (I'll look on that thread.)
Mimi, how are your sons?
Dori and Sis, how's it going?

jar1965
01-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi! And....Good Morning!:coffee2:

Tina - yes, you should treat yourself to a box! I tried the dark chocolate raspberry 1 POINT mini bar yesterday. Mmmmm! I really liked it too! Better than the peanut butter one! I just had a chocolate smoothie Friday. Unfortunately I had to make it in 2% milk so it was actually 4 POINTS by the time I drank it!:o I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't have anything to compare it too! It wasn't wonderful tho! haha!

Have a great Sunday everyone! I love Sundays, they are my lazy family day! Although we have Rigatoni or Spaghetti and meatballs every single Sunday.........:devil: However, I have learned to MEASURE the entire meal out to stay OP!

Drink your water, eat your veggies and shake those bootys girls!:hug:

Mimi4fun
01-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Sorry looks like I haven't been here for a bit. Everythings still good around here, tomorrow I have the big MRI at 6 in the morning so I am a little nervous about that, but all other tests looked good (even my heart ones).

Susan; I wish we all could be there with you too, as soon as my toenail is healed (almost there) I will be back in the pool. and no you were not reacting to your Dad's hip, it is a very serious life threatening thing for an older person, the main complication being blood clots and pneumonia, that is why it is so important for them to get active as soon as possible. I'm glad they have him up and active.
Maureen;don't worry about sticking too much to points right now, after the move you can get back at it.
Tina; make sure that list has everything, I'm glad they are going to fix it up.
Jeanne; those bars are great but so expensive boxes are $8 at our meetings up here at that price, I'll pass. Sometimes they go on sale so I will check them out then.
Tammy; great the school is giving him the opportunity to make up what he missed, perhaps its better this way, and I'm sure you can help esp with the organizing.
We got a smoothie freebie at this weeks meeting (Vanilla) but I sure didn't think it was anything special, and so many ingredients. Here is my favourite drink:
1 cup orange juice (110 cal)(I use the calcium enhanced one)
1 banana
1 scoop whey protein powder (12 gm protein)
1 heaping tsp benefibre (3 gm. fibre)
4 or 5 points depending on banana size
Its really filling.

Tina
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Happy Sunday!
We went by the townhouse today and saw that they had begun making corrections to things. Yea!
I am sooooo excited. But, then I realize that I have to pack up all the "delicates"--again!

Mimi, I'm so sorry you are having problems that need an MRI. I have never had one but Larry had one before his spine surgery. I got to sit in there with him.
Jeanne, I will definitely buy some of those chocolate/raspberry bars.
When I drank the smoothie drink, I just put water in it. It probably tastes a whole lot better using milk.

Tammy, what's going on today?
Susan, how is your dad? How late were you and Pat out last night? :)
Maureen, get some rest at work tomorrow. :lol:
Donna, keep OP. You are doing good.

Tammy
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Susan, yikes to the school not renewing that teacher. Here in Ohio they have until April 30 to notify them, but I think most of them are told before that. Tell me about the 30 Day Shred. I"ve heard of it, but know nothing about it. I can relate to all of the exercise and no loss. Been there, done that! You will be buying smaller clothes though! I think it is great you are doing the triathalon!!!! some of my friends did one last summer, but it was outside. They could do it where they could have 3 people, 1 on each activity.

Tina, there are different kinds of the Fiber One bars. I know one of them has Caramel, and it's yummy. They are filling, and they are great for right after my class at the Y (when I remember to take one).

Jeanne, I will be over next Sunday for a yummy meal.

Mimi, have fun at the MRI! Whenever Bob would have one, he would fall asleep! Those things are noisy! They would have to wake him up because he would snore and start moving. lol Your smoothie drink sounds good.

Went to church this morning and met the new pastor. I wish the old one was staying, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I plan to give him a chance. I've only gone to this church a couple of years, so I wouldn't have any problems packing up and moving to another one in town. I know there are a couple where I would be comfortable.

doing some laundry. Need to go balance the checkbook. Oh boy!
Today has been so dreary. I want sunshine.

auntie
01-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Nothing exciting here. I've had the stomach bug my mom and nephew had. We went to get pizza yesterday and I said my head hurt. The closer we hit to the pizza place, I thought I would be sick but not enough to not eat. We came home and I laid down & went to sleep. Pat would check on me. I finally said I can't go withhim. I slept and was in bed by 8:30. I have done nothing but sleep on and off today.

Dad was better today. More with it! Very grumpy and frustrated. Had one if my sisters take donuts to the nurses.

Oh my Internet is down, will probably be tuesday before it's working again. I'm on the phone typing this.

Tina, very exciting about the townhouse.
Tammy, I thought it was early to let people know too, it's strange!
Mimi, good luck with the MRI.
Maureen, how's your new place?
Jeanne, I will be there for lunch too. :)

well I'm heading to bed! Night!

jar1965
01-25-2010, 09:31 AM
OK Ladies....my house ....next sunday! Be there!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

Tina
01-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Happy Monday!!!

I don't know, Jeanne, are you having snowy weather? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll be there!
Susan, hope you are feeling lots better today. Internet problems.....Grrr...
Tammy, It's hard when another preacher comes to a church. I hope it works out okay. Did you get that checkbook balanced? I don't like doing that, either.
Mimi, I hope the MRI was uneventful. Let us know.
Maureen, how are you? Are you buried under boxes?
Donna, MtGirl, Sis, Dori--what's planned for this week?

So far, I've had 5 points---2 mini English muffins, 1/2 cup buttermilk, and a cup of hot tea. Onward and upward. :cp:

Mimi4fun
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Hi ladies just a quick reply as my head is still buzzing.
MRI was pretty much uneventful, except when I looked at the size of the tunnel I thought WO!! good thing only my upper body had to go in otherwise I would have been touching the walls.
Mike drove me down this morning at 530 and I was home by 730.
Only slept about 3 hours last night so I am really fuzzy today.

nikkic718
01-25-2010, 02:31 PM
hey all i hope this is the thread you all invited me too lol. how is everyone today???

Ladybug2680
01-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Things are going well. I'm staying OP today and I'm very proud of myself. So far this is what I've had:

Breakfast
24 Strawberry Delight Mini Wheat
1 cup Strawberries

Lunch
Angel Hair Marinara
Broccoli/Carrots with Italian Seasoning
Broccoli with Cheese

Doing well with my water. Dinner is going to be grilled pork chops, carrots, and rice. Nummy. Gotta get this weight off.

Tammy
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Susan, hope you are feeling better!

Tina, I have 2 checkbooks. 1 is right, and the other one is off. It was right last month, and I have reworked it several times, and I can't figure it out.

Mimi, glad that the MRI is done. I've had 3 of them, and I always have to take something to relax me before I do it. Don't like being closed in like that. I know there are places now that have open ones.

Nikki! You found it!!!! I'm from near Dayton, OH. I'll wave across the state to you.

Dori, good for you for staying OP! Your meals sound good. I'm planning grilled salmon, broccoli, and maybe a baked potato for supper. I think. Tim gets back to town about 4:00, and he has to be at Arbys to work from 5 to closing.

Class was great this morning! We used weights through most of the class. I used 3 pound ones and 5 pound ones, depending on what we were doing. there are a couple women in the class who used 8 pound ones for some of the exercises, but that was the highest anyone used. I really love my heartrate monitor. Last week's classes it showed that I burned about 550 calories during each class. This morning I didn't really think we were working that hard, but I knew my heartrate was up and I was sweating all over the place. When I checked the calories burned, it was 701! Pleasantly surprised! We weigh in on Friday morning. The last time I had the little gain after my trip, so I'm hoping for a loss this week.

Great news here. Before Christmas I received a letter from IRS stating that I owed almost $500 for taxes from 2007. I cried. It was something that they said wasn't turned in. I went through everything and made copies of all of Tim's college expenses and the money that we used from the Ohio Tuition Trust fund that we started for him when he was in elementary school. This was stuff that our tax preparer had but didn't turn in I guess. Anyway, I received a letter today that I don't owe the money!!!!!!!!!! I cried again! lol
It is such a relief.

Recipe update - I have my friend's recipes almost completely organized in a binder. Still have some to type and put in the binder, but I think she'll be happy with it. Tim said that he thinks we should come up with a title and design something fancy to put on the front. I think she'd love it! I told her that I have to buy a new keyboard because I keep drooling on this one as I type all of the yummy foods!

Yesterday it was over 50 degrees here. Today it is in the upper 20's and snowing.

nikkic718
01-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Tammy~ yay ur a buckeye!! ya this weather here is insane!!! im sitting at work and just saw more snow flurries (which i think are disgusting......pretty but disgusting) lol........so just some info for you all to get to know me better im going to copy and paste my original mini blog.......WARNING- its quite lengthy so i apologize in advance lol

~
Hey everyone! My name is Nikki and I am 26 yrs old. I am extremely overweight and have recently made the decision to make a change! I am consumed by so many emotions right now. I'm excited, scared, the feeling of overwhelming doubt, happiness, disappointment, but the most important feeling to me is the feeling of FINALLY being ready to do something about it. I was blaming everyone but myself. I was the one who did this nobody else. I was never ever a lil girl i was always the "thicker" one. I have gone from "thick" to "crazy thick" lol. I'm always called the cute one or people will say "you have such a pretty face" or "if you lost the weight you have no idea how pretty you would be". I'm extremely outgoing and have never let my weight discourage me from my social life or anything like that. I was in a very abusive realtionship for 10 yrs (yes, i said 10 yrs......almost half of my life), we lived together for 5 yrs and it all went down hill from there.

He was extremley abusive mentally, physically,emotionally. I gave him complete control of my life. The only thing I THOUGHT i had full control over was EATING, so I ate and ate and ate. Not to mention I'm an emotional eater anyways. He called me horrible names and after time I began to believe him. Long story short I worked up the courage and I left. I moved home with my mom. Still depressed I continued to eat and eat and eat! Burger King was my BFF lol. Oh ya did I mention I am a Sprite addict?! So the pounds kept packin on!

That was 3 years ago, let me fast forward to today. I am currently in another relationship, have been for about a yr and a half. It is a "normal" healthy relationship and he is supportive of my decisions. I still live at home with my mom. I have a good job that I have been at for 3 yrs. NOw to the problem......Ive gained around 30 lbs in 3 yrs!!!!!!!!!!! I have come to a point in my life where it is NECESSARY for a change! I am willing to stick to it! I am willing to do anything I possibly can to loose this weight! I have decided to do the points system with weight watchers (not officially bc money is tight at the moment) but follow it the best I can without joining, and cut pop COMPLETELY out of my life! I REFUSE to drink my calories anymore I was drinking close to 90 oz of pop a day which is roughly around 1400 calories in pop alone!!!!! O my goodness what was I thinking...........well I'll tell you what I was thinking........"I wont gain weight, I'm active enough that it wont affect me" ummmmmm ya I was WRONG!!!!!!! It definatley snuck up on me and attached itself to my booty, my belly, my arms, my thighs.......lets face it EVERYWHERE lol. I want to be healthy. I want to be toned. I want to be beautiful inside and out. I want to live , and thats the bottom line I want to live. I hope to one day have a family and being this overweight that dream seems far far away! So I hope to become accountable and learn how to do this the healthy way. If anyone has any advice I am like a sponge (no pun intended) I'm ready and I am willing to accept any help anyone has to offer. I look forward to meeting all of you and hearing your stories as well!!!! **Spreading pound shedding dust on all of you!!!!!!!

jar1965
01-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone~ You do know that I will be very very disappointed if ya all don't show up sunday, right?! haha!

Nikki, Nikki, Nikki.....hi & welcome! You sound like me when I was your age! exactly actually! You really sound like you know what you and you are ready to grab it, so you go girl! Yay, for giving up all that pop! Look how much money you will save there!

Susan - hope you are feeling better~ How's your dad?

Tammy - So glad you got your IRS thing straightened out! Yay on the recipe duty!

Tina - So excited for you on the townhouse! Have fun packing up those delicates! Let me know what you think of the 1 Point Rasp./Choc. bars! And yes, I'm sure the smoothie with water is less tasty than with milk. I did buy a pint of skim. So I'll try it that way.

Dori - good job with your water! I love porkchops! mmmmm!

Maureen - hope things are going well with the unpacking!

Mimi - Hope you got some rest today! What was your MRI for?

Last Monday I had a mammogram done. Tuesday morning they called me and said there was a mass in my left breast!:?: I had blood work done this morning and I meet with with the radiologist on thursday to review the findings and tell me what is next. Prayers appreciated!!!!! Oh & I haven't mentioned this to the kids so please don't post anything on Facebook. We are waiting until after Thursday!:^: Very nervous!

Have a great night!

Tina
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Jeanne, I am so sorry about the results. I've already prayed about it for you. More prayers will follow. :hug:
Maybe they will find it is only a large cyst. We will remain positive that all will be okay.
Love you,
Tina

Tammy
01-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Jeanne, I pray that everything will be fine. Will be keeping you in prayers. Keep us posted.

nikkic718
01-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Jeanne my prayers are definatley with you!!! Just keep thinking postive thoughts!!

maureen kempster
01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Jeanne-my prayers are with you too-
Nikki-welcome-you've come to the right place-these are a super bunch of special ladies-be positive-you're worth the effort
Tina, I'm ready to move are you? I'm so tired of boxes

Tammy I'm tired-you just have so much energy

Mimi-glad the MRI went well-
everyone have a great rest of the evening and I good day tomorrow

maureeh

Mimi4fun
01-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Jeanne, my prayers too, and you are right about the heart, I just felt I had to send it when I saw it, and my client asked me to remind everyone to get their Papp test so I thought I would do a 2 in one.
Lots of hugs
Marion

Mimi4fun
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Nikkic : You ARE beautiful and I am glad to see you will be loving yourself more by taking care of yourself,
:hug: Marion

auntie
01-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Oh Jeanne, my heart goes out to you!!! I will say extra prayers!!! Remember we are all here for you!!!

Mimi, I've had one MRI when I was pregnant. Hated it, they had someone on call to sedate me just in case!!

Tina & Maureen, I know y'all will be ready to move!

Tammy, you make me tired:)

Niki, welcome to the group

Dori, you are doing great!

News on Daddy!! They were giving him 2 pain pills at a time. We said "no more" He is slowly returning to Daddy!!! He has been seeing things, grumpy and just out of it. He is much better. They stood him somet
today. Yea!!!

I finally feel better. 48 hour bug I guess! That's when it was over! Thank goodness!

Hugs!!

nikkic718
01-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Mimi ~ thank you so much , u 2 are a beautiful woman!!!

Maureen~ u guys do def seem like a great bunch of ladies!!!! i cant wait to go on this journey with ya!

Auntie~ Thank you its feels great to be here!!!

So i had my first boca burger tonight with fat free cheese......not too shabby. im so excited to finally be making this change in my life. im kinda scared to see what ill look like at a healthy weight.........

Tammy
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Maureen, today some of us were ready to crawl out of the aerobic room when we were done.

Susan, I couldn't do all this exercising if I was working. After class, I can just relax the rest of the day for the most part. Great news about your dad! Also glad you are feeling better.

Nikki, I tried boca burgers once, and I ended up throwing them out. I eat ground turkey or chicken or lean beef.

Went uptown to bug my friend while she worked tonight. Didn't like coming out and having to scrape my windshield. Ice! Yuck! And WHY didn't I stay in the south a little longer?????

auntie
01-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Hi,
Nikki, we are a great group! We laugh together, cry together, celebrate together, and much more! Some of my very closest friends are here and I've never seen them face to face! It's great! So please join us!!

Tammy, I guess during the summer I do have more energy! I'm ready for summer! You should have cone to Texas!!!

Tomorrow night we are meeting my brother in law for dinner. He is up for a conference. This is my big sister's husband.

Pat said who knows how long Internet will be down. They ate sending a new box but the phone line is down. We are getting paved roads soon and they are starting work!

Well off to bed! Sweet dreams!

Ladybug2680
01-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Jeanne - Sorry to hear about the results of your mammogram. You will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:s

Nikki - Welcome. Great to have you with us. You are beautiful and so worth the effort. Excited to have you with us on our journeys.

Tammy - Wow on the calories you burn. You go girl. We are having a bit of what we consider cold weather, but it's not too bad. No scrapeing ice for us.

Susan - Glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

Mimi - I've never had an MRI, but I hear that aren't the most pleasant thing to experience.

Tina and Maureen - I can so relate with you about moving. Keep it up and eventually you'll be settled in.

Have a wonderful day and remember to shake those booties. :)

Tina
01-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Ditto what Dori just said. :)

Everyone have a great day. Do something just for YOU.

nikkic718
01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Morning everyone!!! So here in Ohio I woke up to snow yet again on the ground, I mean I know its January and thats the norm (well its pretty much the norm Nov-March) lol.......right Tammy?! lol you shoulda stayed in the south lucky girl!!! HAs anyone else experienced as they are loosing weight their shoes become bigger??? weird but whooo hoooo shoe shopping lol........I need advice on working out I just a got a gym memebership even though i work at a clinic that basically is a gym im already here almost 11 hrs out of the day and i cant bring myself to stay any longer so I bought a pass to another gym. My problem is Im not a morning person AT ALL!!! lol adn i get off work at 8 and dont get home till like 830..........WHEN DO I WORK OUT??? how do i overcome the feeling of being tired and lazy??? im at a loss lol its either that or im just too darn lazy..........any ideas????

So do you all ever meet?? Talk on the phone? Facebook?

jar1965
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone!

Susan - you brought tears to my eyes!!!:dizzy: I feel the same way! Like I can't wait to get on and see what everyone is up too!!! In all aspects of life, not just dieting!

EVERYONE - Thank you so much for the prayers! I will so keep you posted after my appt. Thursday! I'd be lying if I didn't telll you that I was afraid! I have googled and googled and googled! We shouldn't do that you know! haha!

Nikki - I have a LAZY side too when it comes to exercise! haha~

Have a great day everyone!

Mimi4fun
01-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Susan thats great news about your Dad, and I am glad you put your foot down about the pain meds.

I HATE THE ICE; had a big fall today when I was rushing to catch the bus. I'm ok but plenty bruised (good thing I landed on one of my generous sized hips).
A young man going by in a car stopped to see if I was ok, and helped me up.

Jeanne; wish we could all come for sunday dinner then we could do the group hug.:grouphug:
Love Y'all
Marion

nikkic718
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
OMG Marion are you ok??? I fell last week in the only teeniest tiniest piece of ice in my driveway o my goodness did it hurt. i busted up my elbow really bad, dislocated it and i actually have a bone chip and its still crazy bruised. i didnt know if i should laugh hystarically bc had i not landed on my elbow i would have definatley face planted and of course my boyfriend was in front of me thank goodness he helped me up and didnt laugh................until he knew i was ok. im glad you are ok!!!! and p.s how nice of someone to stop and help you!

Mimi4fun
01-26-2010, 04:33 PM
One thing I have learned over the years 99% of the people are good at heart, its too bad we hear about the 1% all the time.

auntie
01-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Jeanne, yes I am bad about googling too much! I sometimes wish I couldn't. Know we will ALL be there in spirit Thursday.

Mimi, are you ok? It was very nice of that person. Doesn't it make you feel good when someone does something nice?

Nikki, I exercise before work and then swim after work.

Y'all get this..... I called the drs office because insurance messed up something, so I asked about the triathlon. I figured he would say yes, I hot a "no". I was so upset! Silly I know but I was ready!!!! I guess I'll just do it next time they have it. The dr said not until I have my 2 week check up. It would be 10 days later, what's a few days! Darn!!!!

Ladybug2680
01-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Mimi: I hope you are okay.:hug: I remember falling in Alaska when I was 7 months pregnant. Thank goodness the baby was okay, I on the other hand busted my eye open and had to have 3 stitches. Take it easy.

Susan: Sorry to hear about the dr saying no to your triathlon. Better luck next time.

Yesterday started out fine, but during the middle of 1st period I developed a migraine headache.:( I took my medicine hoping it would subside and I could stay, but by 11:15 I wasn't feeling any better so I went on home. I slept from 11:30 until 5:30. I felt tons better and was so happy because Justin (DH) had cooked dinner. It was a healthy dinner too. The only problem was I had to be a little piggy after dinner because I still had 12.5 points left. I figure the apple, orange, and Jiffy Pop helped diminish those. Sorry for rambling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :carrot:

Tina
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Jeanne, we are all thinking and praying for you today. You know we would be there if we could.

Grrrr....I'm so tired of not getting alerted to posts!!!

Mimi, I am so sorry about your fall. Wow, that was a very nice person to stop and help you. It does surprise us some times to know there are still nice people in this crazy society.

Nikki, you are a special person and we are so glad you're here with us.

Susan, you know that I'm upset for you! But, you have to know that the doctor is doing this in your best interest. (We'll keep telling ourselves that anyway.)

Tammy, I can't believe you are having ice, snow, cold weather STILL. I say that and just saw that there will be snow in north TX tomorrow. What happened to Global Warming!!!:dizzy:

Dori, your after dinner snack was perfect! I need to replinish our fruit supply. The apple and orange sound good.

Maureen, you are quiet. Maybe you don't know people are talking, either.
Tell us more about your move.

Okay, have I left anyone out? I'm sorry if I have.
Everyone---Please be careful and be sure to stay OP.
Love y'all :hug:s

nikkic718
01-27-2010, 11:49 AM
G'morning all!! Nothing new on my end, kinda boring lol sorry. Although there is SUNSHINE today which makes me in a better mood only bcim the type of girl that NEEDS a lil sunshine in her life to feel good. lol. I feel like im just to darn lazy to work out only bc i get off work at 8pm :( i ordered a treadmill though so i guess thats a step in the right direction lol. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!

Tina
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Nikki, wonderful idea about the treadmill. You can walk a little in the morning when you rise.

Tammy
01-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Nikki, I am tired of winter. LOL I know I should have stayed down south. Yes to the shoes. I am wearing smaller sizes in my workout shoes, dress shoes, and running around shoes. What time do you have to be at work? Maybe you could go to the gym before work? I used to go after school to classes. Lots of times I had friends who were also in the class, so that was an incentive. We kept each other accountable. I do think all of us are on Facebook now. A few of us chat on the phone, but not real often.

The class I'm taking now starts at 9, but for almost 2 years it started at 8. I rarely miss a class because of the friendships I've made there, and I can see the workouts paying off. I haven't lost lots of pounds, and I have many to lose, but the clothes sure fit better. That's great about a treadmill! Wish we still had ours. Sold it when we moved to a smaller place.

Marion, so glad to hear you are ok after the fall! A fall on the ice in March of 2004 is what triggered my Fibromyalgia. That was nice that someone stopped to see if you were ok. The same thing happened with me. There are great people in the world.

Susan, boo to your doctor saying no! That's what I thought about the rheumatologist telling me No about running. Today during class, we went to the track. About 1/2 the class was running/jogging. I thought "What can it hurt?" Well, my knee! I didn't even run that much, but the knee started swelling and hurting. It still hurts, but not as bad as this morning. Maybe our doctors do know what is good for us.

Dori, I hope today has been a better day and no migraine. I liked the sound of your snack!

Tina, sometimes February is the worst winter month. The year that I fell on the ice, it was St. Patrick's Day. The day Tim was born (March 5), I had to call the rescue squad because I was home alone, and the squad got stuck on the ice in our driveway. I definitely wonder about Global Warming too. We are up to 30 degrees earlier this afternoon. when I went to the Y this morning it was 20. Brrrrr.

Burned a little over 600 calories this morning. Part of that was from the throbbing knee! LOL

Things have happened over the past 1 1/2 that I think are Godincidences. I went to the bank today because I had received a form from them with Bob's name on the account. The woman at the bank wasn't sure how to go about getting his name off and just my name on there. She called the main branch and talked to someone. She took down my phone number, and she said that someone from the main branch would be calling. About 30 minutes later, the phone rang. Out of all the people at the main branch, it was one of Bob's good friends who called. I hadn't talked to him for a few months, so if the woman at the bank would have known what to do, I wouldn't have talked to hime for who knows how long. We ended up talking for 20 minutes - 5 minutes about banking, 15 minutes about Tim and his kids. It was great. It was good to talk to him on the phone, because every time we talk in person, we both cry.

I have to tell you about my dinner last night. I know it is weird, but I wasn't in the mood to cook. 1 cup frozen strawberry yogurt, 1 banana sliced up on it, chocolate syrup drizzled on it, and popcorn. Is that balanced???? lol
Tim just looked at me and shook his head when I told him what I ate.

Mimi4fun
01-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Hey I like that phrase godincidence, gotta remember that.

Well I have to tell everyone that I dropped out of the Zumba class, what with taking the bus I was gone over 3 hours, and I figured I could walk and do a bunch of studies in that time. So sorry to everyone! But on the good side I have upped my apartment hall walking to 40 lengths and I do every third one pumping. My butt is a little bruised but it bothers me more when trying to sleep than anything else. I can believe falling would get your fibro going I am pretty much aching everywhere today especially my shoulders.
Susan; there's no rush to do the triath. and your health is more important right now. so I agree with the doc, I hope you do too.
Everyone have a good day tomorrow
Love
Mimi

auntie
01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Howdy,

We are suppose to have rain tomorrow then freezing rain during the night. Go figure!

Tammy, I remember that fall in 2004!!! And I do believe in Godincidences!! That is neat that it was Bob's friend who called! Ouch to your knee!!!

Mimi, I don't think I could do zumba! Don't worry about dropping it!
Nikki, I like the sunshine too!
Dori, I get migraines too. Ugh!!!!! I wish I didn't. What a sweet hubby to fix dinner for you.
Tina, how's the townhouse going ?
Maureen, are you settling in your new place?

Ok confession time, someone brought donuts today & I think I ate 3 of them! I don't even love them! What was I thinking. I have eaten way out of control today !!!

Thanks for the support about the triathalon. I was so excited! I'll do it next time. :)

maureen kempster
01-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Glad everyone is doing well-sorry you're so sore Mimi-the apartment hall walking is a great idea-
Susan next time for the triathalon-you'll do it
Well, I'm in the middle of apartments-most of the boxes got moved over last saturday-now it's just the left over things-like clothes that I had to wear etc-the last of my food-one of my brothers will come over tomorrow evening & we'll bring the last of the boxes and my TV & computer over-I'll be sleeping over at the new place because I have the cable coming in between 7:30AM and noon. Another brother will be over saturday morning early to bring the last of my furniture over to the new place- last night after work I went over and gave my bathroom a second coat of paint-my floors are finished just have to finish the quarter round.
So things are moving along-I don't know if I told you my street where I'm moving is at the top of a hill!! when the realtor took me to see it of course I was in his car-well the bus stop is at the bottom of this hill so I'm expecting to be in excellent shape by the end of the summer!!!

have a great day

maureen

jar1965
01-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Morning Ladies!
I went to my 2nd Zumba class last night. Ahhhhhh, I'm so sore!

My appointment is at 9:45 today! Urgh!:(

Have a good day everyone!

nikkic718
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Hi ladies!! So today its snowing like crazy and its super windy......i feel like im in a giant snowglobe lol. I've def had better days though. Todays a tough one. People at work are stressin me out to the point i want to just eat......im an emotional eater so you can just imagine. Thank goodness i had a huge ziploc full of veggies......so i binged on them and feel a lil better. Im doin my wiegh in on sat so keep your fingers crossed bc i NEED to see a loss after the week ive had! Jeanne~ I have been thinking about ya today and I hope your appt went well. your in my prayers!........i feel like im going through withdrawls......the boyfriend and i got in a argument last night all bc of me and i admit that lol he is def not happy with me :( HMMMMM now i have to do some damage control lol

Mimi4fun
01-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Snowing like mad here today too, then it will be nice and sunny in between the streamers.
Jeanne please let us know we are all on edge with you
Love
Mimi

Tina
01-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Sorry y'all are having such yucky, snowy weather.
Here, it's cloudy and sunny (takes turns). Tonight we expect rain and then cooler temps.

Jeanne, please let us know about your appointment.

jar1965
01-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok ok ok.....I'm home and with some really good news........
So I had another mammogram and an ultra sound. It came back showing that I have "overlapped tissues" which give the illusion of a mass. It was Benign. aka - a non - cancerous tumor. Ahhhhhhh, sigh, such relief!:carrot:

Thank you girls for being there! You are the best! Love you all!
jeanne

nikkic718
01-28-2010, 05:14 PM
O Jeanne THATS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! that is the best news ive heard alllll day long!!!!!!!!! whooooo hoooo

Tina
01-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Jeanne, that is such wonderful news!

maureen kempster
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm so happy for you Jeanne
great news
maureen

auntie
01-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Yea!!!!!!!! Jeanne!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!! Last year, I had to have an early mammogram and ultrasound. They found the same thing! Glad it's all over!!!!

Ok I HAVE to get it under control again!! I am spinning!

Oh we have rain. Should freeze and then who knows!!!

maureen kempster
01-29-2010, 06:53 AM
well, I'm packing a few more boxes before I head out to work-tonight my brother will help me move the tv & computer to my condo-and what ever last boxes(food etc) I have left-I'll sleep over at the condo because cable is coming in tomorrow-so that's it-my sister said she'd come over tomorrow after my other brother moves my furniture and just wipe up but I think I'll have my brother bring me back here tonight & I'll do it-I think you know I have a cat & my lord the cat hair is horrible-so I'll dust etc
well have a great day and I'll maybe be back up tomorrow evening

maureen

Tina
01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Yea Maureen---great news you getting to your condo. That will be so sweet to be able to finally sleep there. Congratulations. :carrot:

Jeanne, I'm still so happy about your results. :dance:

Everyone have a great day and be careful out, if it's bad weather. We are having yucky rain.

Tammy
01-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Jeanne, wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen, you'll be breathing a big sigh of relief soon.

Tina, it's cold here, but no snow or ice. Yucky rain doesn't sound good either.

Mimi4fun
01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Jeanne, thats great news.
Everyone have a great weekend!

Tina
01-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Happy Saturday,

I can't believe it---I just wrote a very l o n g post and it's GONE. I hope I can remember what I said.
Mimi, how are you feeling? Has most of the soreness gone away.
Tammy, I'm so glad you took it easy at the Y.
Susan, are your headaches gone? How is your dad's rehab going?
Jeanne, did y'all go out and celebrate after your wonderful news?
Donna, what's going on this weekend?
Nikki, you are doing great. You can do this. It will not happen over night like on TV,
Maureen, I know you were excited to sleep in your new home. Wow!

I went to the hernia surgeon a couple of days ago....for a check-up. I've still had soreness in one spot near the incision. Well, he pushed and poked me. Then, he shot the area with Lidocane. That shot about did me in.
I've been on mega doses of Advil ever since. I might have adhesions.
Monday I'll find out when I can have a CT Scan.
I do not have time for this!!!!!

jar1965
01-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Hi everyone! :dance:Yes! Still excited!:dance: And Tina, yes, we did go out and celebrate! We went for Italian with Bobs parents. They were the only other ones that knew. His mom was so relieved she cried. awww! I was so relieved I cried too! I hugged the technician! She said I made her day and she loves days that she gets the outcome like mine! ;)

Tina - sorry you had to get a shot and I'm sure you were sore when he got done poking around! I heard you guys got some crazy ice storm the other day?!?!?

Maureen - that is exciting about your condo! You'll be all settled in and comfy cozy before you know it!

Susan - hows your daddy? How are you feeling?

Tammy & Nikki - whats new in your neck of the woods? Are you having these cold temps.?

Dori - Hi! Hope all is well with you!

Marion - I think the hall walking is a great idea too! Whats new with you?

Have a great saturday! :dust:

auntie
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well. Yea... internet is back. it was hard using my phone to post! :carrot:

Tina, I'm sorry about the CT scan. That's no good. and no you don't have time for it. :) I'm sorry it hurt so much.

I'm going to the pool today. I havent' been in a few days since it's been cold and my swim suit got stretched out from the chlorine. I had to wait until my new one came. It did.

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm going to try HARD to stay OP.

jar1965
01-31-2010, 03:58 AM
Urgh......3:00 a.m....... got up to go to the bathroom......water pipes are frozen!!!!! AGAIN! So I came downstairs and turned on the space heater in the basement where it is usally frozen. Problem.....yea, I can't sleep with the space heater running. Haha! Makes me nervous. EVEN though it is clear from everything and it is one of those "water heater" ones. Oh well. Good thing I'm off Sunday and will be able to take a nap!

Talk to ya all later. Like, when you're up! :dizzy:

maureen kempster
01-31-2010, 09:22 AM
Good morning

Tina, sorry about the CT scan but I'm sure all will be well-we seem to be a tough group here.
Jeanne-not good with the plumbing-we're having some cold weather here too-hopefully today will be a bit better

Well, I moved - and I'm sore all over-I'm too old for this-I got quite a few boxes unpacked so I'm not going full tilt today.
I hope we all stick fairly close to program today

have a great Sunday

maureen

Mimi4fun
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Jeanne; do you have to pay for your water? My mom and Dad always left the tap running just a little to keep their pipes from freezing.
Maureen; Glad the move is all done now you can take tons of time to make it your home.
Tina; It doesn't sound too urgent or the adhesions would have been bothering you more, I hope they won't want to do anything until after you are moved and not picking up and unpacking boxes.
Susan; Don't you wish they made pools that don't digest your bathing suit. Even though I always wash mine out (and rinse at the pool) the damage seems to be done. They aren't the cheapest things to buy either.
Nik; Good luck with the boyfriend and staying on points this weekend.
Everyone else: Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!

Tammy
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
Tina, ouch to the shot! I've had a couple of those over the past few years. Keeping you in prayers that you will feel better!

Jeanne, yummy to the Italian! Neat about the technician. It's 12 degrees here this morning. BOO to pipes being frozen!!

Susan, I laughed about the swimsuit! Mine did the same thing. I climbed out of the pool one night after water aerobics, and the crotch of my suit was down by my knees!! The other women wanted to get a camera! I have one now that is more chlorine resisitant.

Maureen, hope you can just have a relaxing day today.

Mimi, agree with you on the price of swimsuits!

Today was our pastor's last day, and I didn't make it to church. This sinus stuff is awful. I've had a headache since Friday and now my temp is up. Tim even stopped on his way home from Arby's last night (1:00 am) to check on me. I think it's time to hit the couch and cover up to stay warm.

Have a good day ladies!

Tammy
01-31-2010, 03:14 PM
PRAYERS NEEDED! Susan's dad has been taken to the ER. He has an infection, high white blood count, fever. Waiting on the surgeon now. Please keep all of them in prayers!!!

Tina
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Yes, prayers are with all that family.

maureen kempster
01-31-2010, 03:57 PM
same here

jar1965
01-31-2010, 05:10 PM
In my prayers!:hug:

nikkic718
01-31-2010, 09:11 PM
hey ladies!! Sorry i havent been to talkative kind ahad a busy weekend! So all is good with the boy! This weekend was def another challenging one!!! Its abnormally cold here in Ohio today its like 5 degrees I feel like im living in the arctic lol back to work tomorrow and i bought a sports bra yesterday lol so now i dont have an excuse to go to the gym.....bc i found out my treadmill wont be until the 25th!!!!!! I dont know how it takes a month to ship something but o well......hope you ladies have a wonderful sunday night and great monday!!!

Mimi4fun
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Susan, praying for you and your family.

jar1965
02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
It's just another manic Monday! ooooooo, how I wish it were Sunday, cause thats my fun day!!!!.................hahah! There, I serenaded you guys on this Manic Monday morning! For those of you who have never heard that song, that is what it is, a song. I really didn't lose my mind!!!!

Tammy - Hi! Any word on Susans dad? I feel so bad for her!:hug:

Marion - Yes, we do pay for our water. Usually ..... we do leave it drip. But, everyone fell asleep before getting to it! Urgh! We rem. last night tho. Water this morning! yay!:carrot:

Tina - How are you feeling girl? I hope better! *hugs*:hug:

Maureen - Hope you are getting all settled! I'm sorry you were so sore! Relax now!

Nikki - Where did you order your treadmill from? Glad you and "the boy" are doing good! It makes life a little easier when everyone gets along!
It's COLD here too! I only live a few hours from you & Tammy!

Susan - if you check in......big hugs to you girl! Praying for your dad and family!

Dori - Hi!

Have a good day everyone! Stay OP, drink that water and shake that body!

Tammy
02-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Nikki, good for you for getting the sports bra. I need to go buy a couple of new ones. The ones I have are older, and they just don't do what they should anymore. lol Does your gym have a running/walking track or a pool? You'll be glad when you get that treadmill. Wonder why it takes so long to ship it to you?

I'm headed to the Y. Hope I don't fall over. This sinus stuff is for the birds. I started alot of coughing with it yesterday. I'm sure the gals in my class this morning are going to love me hacking all over the place.

Have a great day and a great week everyone!!

Tina
02-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Manic Monday is right!!! Jeanne, thank you for that beautiful serenade. :D
We were awakened at 5:45 a.m. to the lovely sound of the fire alarm. My goodness, that thing could wake the dead. And, it's a good thing, I'm sure.
It was a false alarm.
Larry and I stumbled out of bed. I should've had a movie of this----I was trying to put on my bra and kept putting it on inside out. Finally, I got another one and got it on correctly. :lol:
We got outside and there weren't that many out there. I wondered if some just stayed in their apartments.) But, there were sooo many doggies. They all were enjoying seeing other dogs.
Fortunately it wasn't too cold and no wind. After the firemen got there it wasn't long before the alarm stopped. The strobe lights are still going in the hallway.
What a way to wake up.

Everyone have an uneventful morning.

Ladybug2680
02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Boy oh boy. Things are going well overall. My students are a bit off this morning and I'm at my wits end already. *sigh* I must implement some effective classroom management or I may not make it to the end of the year. Yikers.

Weighed in the morning and I'm happy to report a 1.2# lost. Yippers. Hope everyone has a great day.

By the way, any word on Susan's dad?

Mimi4fun
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I hate it when that happens! but why were you stopping to put a bra ON?????
Speaking of bras I hate buying them, do you remember when people were suppose to post their bra colour on facebook a few weeks back?? I wanted to put old dingy grey but didn't want to spoil peoples fun. I suppose I have a somewhat glamorous one somewhere but my favourites are well worn.
Have a great week everyone! Weigh in for me tonight!!

nikkic718
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
G'Morning ladies!!!!! Hugs to you all!!! :hug: lol I'm in a really good mood this morning for some odd reason bc like Jeanne sais it definatley is a Manic Monday lol So I think I made a mistake and went out and bought a scale.........SO i told my bf (his name is Ray btw) he needs to keep it at his house since I only stay there like one or twice a week and the rest of the time he's at mine lol. We had a great weekend, I think he's realizing Im really serious about this and I'm stickin to it!! We went to the bar on Sat and I dont really drink a whole lot, but he was like you can have a sprite if you want bc you have done so good! I felt like the whole bar went into silence and the jeaopardy theme was playing lol bc it felt like a huge decision!! lmao I politley declined though and got crazy with lemon water! lol :dancer:.......

Jeanne~ thank you so much for the song!!! I think we were singin a duet lmao, as far as the treadmill goes I ordered it from Reebok :woops: . I'm glad you can sympathize with us on the "arctic" temps were having lmao.

Tammy~ Sports bras are SUPER expensive!!! I paid 17.99 at Target. ugh. I have no idea why it is taking SO long to get the treadmill, lol its just another obstacle i need to overcome.........God was prob thinkin........."hmmmm lets make this whole work out thing a challenge, she always tries to do things the easy way lets see how BAD she wants to do this, she needs to get her butt up and GO to the gym first THEN the treadmill will come" LOL :tread:
& at my gym there is no track or pool.........BUT inthe summer I have a track in my back yard (behind our fence is a park) and I have an inground pool......SO def no excuses!!!

Susan~ you and your family are def in my prayers. My heart goes out to you!

Tina~ o my goodness I woulda FREAKED out!!! lol but Mimi's right WHY WERE YOU WORRIED ABOUT A BRA lol (dont worry I prob woulda done the same thing) hahaha

Dori~ Congrats on the loss!!!!! :cheer:

Mimi~ you def made me laugh out loud lmao!!!! i did see that on facebook lol speaking of if you wanna friend me search me Nikki Carrillo OR let me know how I can friend you!!! that goes for everyone!!!!

Ok well I guess I should get back to work I;m chatty cathy this morning so forgive me lol......O ya so I made a chocolate cake yesterday......a healthy one.....all you do is take a reg cake mix and add diet pop NOTHING ELSE and bake as it says on the box......ITS DELICIOUS to my surprise its a lil more moist but other than that tastes just like regular chocolate cake and its 1 point per slice and a 13x9 in pan makes 15 slices.........good for a quick fix!~

you ladies have a wonderful monday and i will back later on tonight ( after the gym of course bc I brought my clothes to work) thats the first step!!!!!!! lol

Mimi4fun
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
That cake sounds like a good idea, I have a white cake mix, wonder how it would be with diet 7up?
You are a chatty cathy this morning! look for my friend request on facebook.
Marion Cook and congratulations on only lemon water in the bar, most of the bars here give free non alcohol drinks if you are the designated driver, do they do that there??

Tammy
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Haven't heard any more from Susan. Hope all is well.

Oh Tina! What a way to wake up!

Dori, good for you on the loss! Hang in there with the students. Don't let them get you down.

Marion, my bras are pretty boring. Maybe we should go out and buy ourselves some fancy ones.

Nikki, LOL to the lemon water. Yep, no excuses once the weather is warmer with the track and the pool. The cake sounds yummy! I would like a piece right now. I'll go to facebook, try to find you, and send a friend request.

nikkic718
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Tammy & Marion its now official...........We are Facebook friends!!! whooo hoooo lol........this def officializes our friendship lol j/k :cb::dancer::broc:

Mimi4fun
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Come on over to February Line now, Thanks!!!!!