100 lb. Club - Slinking back into the fold...Hello everyone. New again.

irishsarah
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone. :wave: I thought, perhaps, I should re-introduce myself. I've seen many faces I remember (though, some are MUCH thinner! :carrot: ), and a few new faces. I have been gone a few months, trying to deal with health issues, family issues, financial issues...you name it, I've been dealing with it. I just figured, I didn't have the time or the energy left to deal with me, so I sorta just stopped. Let me tell you, it hasn't been fun. I've seen about 10-14 pounds come back and my self-esteem is in the toilet. I made the decision that there are always going to be issues, so that is no longer an excuse to neglect my health, happiness and well being. I have a family to take care of; 4 little boys, and a husband and they need me. On the road I am going, they won't have me for long. So I am starting anew; I will not lie, I will be needy and whiny at times, but I hope to be a friend to others here as well.

So here I am, AGAIN. I hope to be here (and successful) for a long time. My mom is trying to lose weight again, so that will sorta help. (Though, she is the QUEEN of unhealthy dieting.) I wish she'd come here...:(

I am also going back to University tomorrow!!!! I am excited and nervous! (Like I don't have enough on my plate.) I am taking online only classes but it is all part of my plan for a happier, healthier me. I have a short term goal of Onederland by my next birthday. I quit right when I was so close to Onderland's gates that I could almost smell the success. This time, I plan on entering those gates and LOCKING them behind me. :D

Thanks. I am a bit long winded...sorry. Its lack of grown-up conversation. :o

LotusMama
01-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Hello and welcome back!

Cheers,

J

TJFitnessDiva
01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Welcome back!!!! :)

Summer2010
01-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Welcome back! And congrats on starting University! That's so exciting!! Time to put yourself first!!!

Romance Diva-I love your quote: "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse" That's so true!

bluebutterfly
01-18-2010, 05:49 PM
I haven't been here long - so I'm saying "hello" instead of "welcome back"! It sounds like you've really thought through why you quit before and what's going to be different this time....that's so important.

Good luck!! (I'm a Buckeye also)

marigrace
01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi Sarah Welcome to the flock !

traci in training
01-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Welcome back, but don't slink! Walk in with your head up - everyone here has confidence in you so you should, too!

CLCSC145
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
I made the decision that there are always going to be issues, so that is no longer an excuse to neglect my health, happiness and well being.

This is such an important realization!! I don't know why, but it's so much easier to view taking care of ourselves as more overwhelming than being fat and unhealthy - when the opposite is the real truth.

Welcome back and good luck!

time2lose
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome back!

cfmama
01-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh I am soooooo happy to see you back! I've missed you :)

LaurieDawn
01-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I so relate to your post! I have 5 kids and am starting a new semester of classes tomorrow as well, and I am paranoid about getting so overwhelmed that I neglect to plan meals and scheduled exercise - and I CANNOT do this unless I do both of those. I am excited to have someone else along on a very similar, challenging journey!

VickieLou
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
:welcome3: back Sarah! Good Luck!

PeanutsMom704
01-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi Sarah, glad you are back!

momof5k
01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Welcome back! I still feel "kinda new" and I don't post TONS but I feel inspired by so many here. So glad you're back!

Arctic Mama
01-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Awe, don't slink in, run in here with a big grin! You are so strong to confront your health issues and work to change them, especially with a family and school on your plate (I sympathize!) and if you can sensibly lose weight through this (and you CAN!) then nothing is impossible for you.

It is GOOD to see you again, welcome back!!!

HeidiNicole
01-18-2010, 08:18 PM
So happy to see you back!!

ToriLeigh
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but it's great you realize there will always be issues. I always made that excuse too, "I'll lose weight when..." Well, the when never came and I'm still a fatty :) Good luck in school, I just started back last semester and it is great. I only took 2 classes to get started, but it is great.

Ophelia31
01-19-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm a newbie here so I'm just going to say hello instead of welcome back.

So...Hello! It's great to meet you!

:-)

activeadventurer
01-19-2010, 03:39 AM
Welcome back Sarah!

ubergirl
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Welcome back, Sarah! You have a LOT to be proud of. No need to slink!

Good luck with your studies-- that is a huge undertaking, but SO worth it!

Kae
01-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Welcome back!!! It's nice to see you again! :)

I made the decision that there are always going to be issues, so that is no longer an excuse to neglect my health, happiness and well being.

That is so true... This is a lifestyle change. We all need to learn to adapt so that we can be healthy and take care of ourselves, especially in times of great stress!

My mom is trying to lose weight again, so that will sorta help. (Though, she is the QUEEN of unhealthy dieting.) I wish she'd come here...:(

I can relate to this too... My sisters want to lose weight too but I think both of them struggle with doing it in a healthy way. My older sister is driving me nuts with talk of diet pills and miracle vitamins and my younger sister struggles with eating healthy instead of eating junk food and exercising more... So I just have to stick it out for myself and eat lots of veggies. ;)

I am also going back to University tomorrow!!!! I am excited and nervous! How exciting! I'm jealous... I'd love to go back to school again... I am trying to get out of debt this year and I'd love to take some classes later this fall or next year.

This time, I plan on entering those gates and LOCKING them behind me. :D I'm with you! LOL... there's no turning back this time. It's almost like there is no longer an option but to keep moving forward because I am not the same person I used to be.

Great to see you back... I look forward to reading more posts from you!

irishsarah
01-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and/or welcome back! Yesterday I was sorta in "read only" mode because there is just SO much going on! I've got bronchitis pretty bad so that makes even easy days (whatever those may be) are in short supply!

I appreciate the support. I am still trying to convince myself that I can do this and the 50 million other things I need to do. I've got to learn how to prioritize better...okay, that's not true, I need to learn that I am a priority too. That's the real truth.

School is a bit stressful as there was a delay in getting my textbooks (they arrive tomorrow) and my first assignments are due TOMORROW. I also have appointments for my oldest, while dragging the younger three and some decisions are going to have to be made that will cost a lot of money. I don't even have money for a cup of tea right now and we are going to face having to come up with a couple more THOUSAND dollars pretty soon...LOL! Now if all of THAT doesn't drive me to the fridge; I'd say that was a successful day!

;) Thanks again everyone!