LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers: Jan 18-24, 2010

BarbaraB
01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Wow, I've never started a thread before, being on the West Coast normally you guys get to it way before I get online.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Perhaps you all have the day off for Martin Luther King Day, no such luck for me.

I was less than stellar with my weekend eating. I think I need to go through and get rid of any remaining food that was there from Christmas, since just my deciding to not eat it is not sticking as well as I would like. I did good for a few weeks, but eventually the knowledge that there are chocolate covered macadamia nut turtles in the pantry in the basement overwhelms my better judgement.

green0923
01-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Happy Monday, ladies.

Pretty good weekend for me overall. I had 2 significant NSVs for me: (1) DH ordered pizza Saturday night for the kids, and I was able to SAY NO! Not even one little slice of thin crust cheese pizza. It was tough ... it smelled delish! (2) DH made blueberry muffins for the kids' breakfast. Again, I said no! This was REALLY tough. They smelled so good ... and only 120 calories/1.5 g of fat in these puppies. I know I could have had one and counted it as 1.5S, but I just figured it's the principle. I need to be able to turn this stuff down. No gateway foods for me!!!

8 days OP for me now. And my scale is showing me appreciation. Yay!

equinetcan
01-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Good weekend here as well. Now I have 2 job interviews to get ready for on Thursday. I hate interviews too. But maybe one of them will pan out and if not then at least it's some more practice for others.

Picked up a rotisserie chicken to have here for a few days. Easy sandwiches and such for me and I take the skin off so its not bad. I also made a simple lasagna tonight for supper tomorrow night. This way I can just throw it in the oven for supper tomorrow. easy peasy!

It is quiet here today. Hopefully it is just due to the holiday down there in the US as we were doing good for a couple of weeks here with people posting.

Have a good evening everyone!

Arkantana
01-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Green,
Way to stay strong, just the sound of pizza and muffins makes my mouth water. It doesn't help that I'm off today and wanting to eat out of boredom. My friend taught me, when you get a craving that you just cant shake, just chew on it for a while to get some of the taste and then get rid of it..dont swallow it. sounds crazy but it has worked for my toughest cravings.

JLem311
01-18-2010, 08:54 PM
just thought i'd stop in and say hello. :) i'm down another pound. still doing the Shred challenge with Nicole and doing well with journaling, eating on plan and getting lots of water in along with some green tea.
hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

green0923
01-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Just a quick post this morning. Exceeded my first mini-goal! Woo hoo! I need to up the ante a little to keep me going strong.

Happy Tuesday!

sweetandspicy
01-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Not so well on the eating front or exercising. I did well Saturday but not so well Sunday. It was my hubby's B-day and I made some new things and of course did quite a bit of sampling as you know with me that tends to end up more than actually sitting down and eating a proper serving. I did walk and do some yoga yesterday as it warmed up a bit over the weekend. I am back on plan today. I accidently brought my DH's lunch and not mine but I will not eat the starchs I packed for him.

so I have to admit something. Last night I went to WWE Raw(wrestling) with my DH. Not something I ever watch or would consider attending however he got seats for his B-day and you know what I loved it. It was so exciting. Yes not exactly "real" but certainly entertaining and the wrestlers were attractive. Don Johnson (miami vice) was the host and let me tell you he is really nice and still very attractive. He was so carasmatic. A nice suprise. So here is the funniest part as they were introducing them I come to realize that I myself will never be a WWE wrestler. Sure I could fake punch or throw someone over my sholder and hey I can cry at the drop of a hat, very realisticly I might add. But what really killed the dream for me was the fact that now or 50 pounds from now you would ever catch me walking out of a dark hallway with music blasting, smoke and fire leading my entrance and hear the words weighing in at 186 pounds The amazing AMMMMMMMMMMMYYYY!!!!!

Kimphin
01-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Amy - you are cracking me up!

Hey did you all see the note from Suzanne3FC? We are being demoted :) I remember when we were on the way UP and were given our own forum category because there was so much activity - how the mighty have fallen! I still very much count on you ladies - and I have made some wonderful friends here, which I never would have thought since I have not seen any of you in person.

This weekend was pretty good - had yesterday off, and it snowed, so I shoveled and then went to the gym. All night long my arms hurt so bad that every time I moved it woke me up! Darn that Body Pump class - the triceps routine is KILLING me!

The bathroom is almost done, there was a delay with the countertop/sink so that is not in - and the paint color I chose is taking 3 coats ( a dark chocolate brown on one wall) so Dh did not finish. But it looks nice! If I get a chance I will post a pic, w.o the counter.

Arkantana
01-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Good morning all,
After a weekend of despair I finally lost another pound! Yipee! That was the highlight of my morning, then I had to go back to work. Fun Fun, working my way through the last of October's and beginning of November paperwork. Gotta love working at the public assistance office.

Amy, thanks for the update on Don Johnson. Oh how I loved him in that white jacket:D

Hoochie
01-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone, its been a while since I have touched base. We were in Mexico for two weeks and then I came home in time to go to a hockey tournament in Northern Alberta for 2 days.
I am back at work now and the normal routines will start taking over again.
I definately gained weight over the past few weeks and I am not happy about it at all.
This morning I am determined to get back OP. I want to lose 10 pounds in the next 4 weeks. I will need all your support.....today is a new beginning!
Lots of water is number one. I have also decided to cut out all salt for the next 4 weeks. Wish me well!!! I will need it.
Hope everyone has a great week!

Joan

green0923
01-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Amy, you are hilarious!!!

Kim, I love the color chocolate. In our last house we painted our 1/2 bath chocolate, and it looked great. Can't wait to see the photo!

Arkan, Yahoo on the pound!

Joan, we'll be here. Sounds like you had an exciting last couple weeks. Mexico in January sounds lovely. Much more lovely than the freezing temps and 4+ ft snow drifts we've had here in Nebraska.

Kimphin
01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi Joan - Welcome back - how was the house?

SyracuseNY
01-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Sorry I was IMA since last Friday...

Amy, what a laugh. I can't see anyone stating my weight outloud (with the exception of those evil people at the doctor's office, I think they get off on doing that). So, there is NO WWB in my future either.

The baby shower was a blast and I did really, really, really good. I was the setup and clean up person at the shower, so that really helped me stay OP. I did take a couple licks of frosting but didn't eat cake (only because I'm not a cake person), put a cookie in my mouth and spit it out (gross I know, but no one saw me do it). Didn't eat any crackers or pretzels or any other snack. Well, I have to admit this. I used spiked punch as my 3 fruits for the day. It is yummy!

Back to work, and so far so good as far as being OP.

Green: Congrats on passing up on what I would call some of my trigger foods. What a great job! :carrot:

mj2007
01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Wow...demotion indeed.it is hard to find my fav threads now!Wonder how many people would actually take the time to search and post now onwards.

I love the "Amazing Amy" part...:D...really it seems unfair that those WWE guys can pack as many lbs as they want and still be cool...

Keep well everyone...and stay motivated!

Kimphin
01-19-2010, 03:44 PM
We will have to make sure that we call the threads LAWL Friends and Losers now. Bummer - I hope that when some of the other posters who haven't checked in in a while find us.

I guess 3FC needed the space.

MrsSassy
01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
i had a hard time finding this thread...so where will you all start a thread next week? the newbie is confused.

LOVE chocolate! we did my daughters room in bubble gum pink and chocolate...is so goregous. I wanna move in to it!

today is going GREAT...therapy was a freak'n B**** but it's my last week and i'm so happy! Once my foot is better I can really crank up the cardio to help with the diet. I really want to loose 15 more before florida in 7 weeks.

Someone posted yesterday the link to la to your door or something like that, and i printed the diary page they have. Been writing everything down today...and it's a big help! I've been so good these last three days. I hope the scale agrees on friday.

how often do you all weigh yourselves?

Arkantana
01-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I agree, This is hard to find and I had already been here this morning. Mrs.Sassy, I weight every 3-4 days but may start every 7 so I can see better results at once. Good luck with the foot. My best bud broke her ankle in several places several months ago and is also going to therapy. She found the bicycle is the best resort to her workouts for now. Still not comfortable but not excruciating as treadmill.

MrsSassy
01-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks!
I sprained both ankles and broke the fifth metatorsal in my left foot. Then in the midst of recovering I had a complete hysterectomy! looooong three months! so glad I'm moving past it. I swear it aged me 5 years with the 20 lbs i packed on. Oh well.... I'm doing something about it now!

about to make veggie meatloaf from the LAWL cookbook. I change it up a bit, but it's a family favorite!

green0923
01-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Ugh! I had a hard time finding this too. Hopefully it'll get better. Kim, you're right, guess next week we need to do LAWL Friends and Losers ... to differentiate.

MrsS, I weigh daily just for my own accountability. Weight does definitely fluctuate, and it's a good way to make yourself crazy, but for me, it works. I found that if I don't weigh daily, then it is easier for me to justify slipping b/c I'll have a couple days before I weigh again. I "count" my weekly weigh in; but I weigh daily.

Repo girl
01-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Agreed, this sort of sucks.

NEWBIES! Be sure to save this page in your favorites once you are here. It will be a pinch to find it next time!

SyracuseNY
01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey, I finally found you guys... Man, what's up with that? I would think that someone would have sent a PM to some of the recent posters to let them know about the change and/or how to find it again... :rolleyes:

The longer I staying OP, the better choices I'm making. I like being accountable again, it's been such a long time and I feel like I"m back in the swing of things.

Man, MrsSassy ~ you've had a **** of a 3 months. Hopefully you're over the hump and only good things are in store for you...

Repro: How are the parents taking your news?

Kimphin
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Sassy - yikes and wazoo! What a couple of months!

Sy - good point, although I did see a post from one of the moderators that we were being moved, but it wasn't up for very long before they actually did it! I just sent a PM to Joni, Nicole, Kristin, and AmyNJ so that they will know where to find us.

I have been to the gym almost every day for the past week! Yay me! I am mixing it up pretty well between cardio and weights, and I took Sunday off, and tomorrow will be an off day too. My muscles are finally settling down - two nights ago I could hardly sleep, they hurt so much, LOL. Still no progress on the sclae though, but that will come.

JLem311
01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
morning all.

Kimphin
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Hey Jiillian!

JLem311
01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
hello kim!

Joni135
01-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Kim - thanks for the heads up on the new location! I was wondering how long it was going to take them to demote us.....they really do run a good website so we can't complain.....we'll just have to put LAWL Friends in the thread name. I did re-save the "General Diet Plans and Questions" to my favorites.

Amy - cracked me up......

Made it to Zumba class on Monday, a couple miles on the treadmill last night and then killer spin class this morning. Two more gym days and I'll have met my 5 times this week goal!!

SyracuseNY
01-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Kim, you are a sweetheart for PMing others. I hope you know that my comment was not directed towards you, I was thinking moderator when typing my comment... ;) If I didn't read your message, I would have been lost. I wasn't quite sure what it meant, but I got it now. :dizzy:

juliemarie
01-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Good morning ladies! I thought I already posted once-but it isn't showing up. Anyway-I'm just kepp plugging away at this program-even though I slip-up-I'm getting right back on with minimal self-loathing! And now that TOM is over-I am showing another small loss-so yay!

It's really crazy at work today so i'm just going to do another burn day. Eating low carb/low cal is so much easier at work or on really busy days. Weekends are much harder. Especially lazy weekends like the one I just had!

We're getting into the time that New Year's resolutions are starting to go by the wayside so GEAR UP LADIES! Be strong. Plan. Concentrate on your goals.

Okay-that's all I've got! ;) I'll check back later.

BTW Erin-you're doing great!

green0923
01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
Woo hoo hump day, ladies!

Nice to see you, Katie. How are things going?

Kim and Joni, my idols of exercise!! Great jobs! I have been doing the elliptical almost daily (min. 5 days/week is my goal). I'm now up to just under 3 miles. I know it's not a marathon or anything, but it's huge progress for a (former) lazy bum like me!

sy, ikwym about the accountability. I am thinking back to when I did this in 2006. The weight literally fell off me because I stuck to the plan and held myself accountable. The other times I tried this since then were just half-hearted. I wasn't really into it. But I really feel like I am into it now. I was driving into work this morning thinking, "This isn't as bad as I made it out to be. What took me so long to get back into it?"

JM, thanks for the kudos. Back at ya. I'm so proud of your very healthy perspective -- no self-loathing. That's the tough part for the old me. Throwing away an entire day or week for one small slip up. Nonsense! If I want this to be a way of life, I need to deal with things like occasionally slipping up, right?

So, stress city for me at work right now. On top of that, the donuts and fancy schmancy bagels in the hall have been calling me. So far I've been able to say no. But goodness, EVERY DAY?? Next week will be a real challenge. I'm in this large group project where they're catering in breakfast, lunch and dinner all week. I HAVE TO STAY STRONG!!!

My guilty pleasure confession for today ... Netflix instant queue has made doing the elliptical oh so much easier! :)

sweetandspicy
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
yes the thread is hard to find. I was not sure what happened. I guess we really need to start posting regualarly so the thread is easy to find and Katie had a wonderful point to save it in favorites. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to post because I look forward to reading each and everyone.

Arkantana
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Happy Wednesday everyone,

So I find that I have a love/hate relationship with the snack machine in our breakroom. I miss it so! :stress: I also see it as the main contributer to my past sugar failures. It still teases me when I walk by so I've begun flip it off whenever I go by it :devil:

Hopefully no coworkers see me, or they'll know I'm off my rocker. Hee Hee Hee

SyracuseNY
01-21-2010, 07:59 AM
Green: I know exact what you mean. The first time I was on LA, the weight just fell off for me too. I know the plan works, and I can honestly say, that after several starts and getting frustrated that I didn't lose any weight the couple weeks when trying it alone, I know I only have myself to blame. Half the battle is a mind thing and I'm in the right frame of mind now too. It's slow going, but I'm not giving up.

Katie, where are you???

Arkantana: Great job at staying away from the snack machine. :carrot:

Hi to everyone else...

MrsSassy
01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm having a hard time remember who said what...so many posts since I visited last!!
but snack machines are the work of the devil! I'm convinced of it!... yesterday I cleaned out the fridge and pantry of all things evil to the waist line! Up until then, my pantry haunted me with salty snacks! Kids haven't noticed yet...we'll see how long that holds up. Hubby and I decided the whole house in on healthy eating. The girls are average sized, no weight issues, so it shouldn't give them a complex!

laundry and bill paying day, it'll be a struggle not to munch.

have a good day!

Kimphin
01-21-2010, 10:22 AM
OK, so last night I did my usual Body Jam class (kinda like zumba) but I was late to it and only got about 45 minutes of cardio, so I felt like I should do another class - and there was a Pilates class in the Yoga room right after, so I went to it - BAD IDEA! It was taught by a male Russian ballet dancer who was a drill sergeant (but with a much softer yoga-like voice). Holy cow - there was no rest periods, and let me tell you, my core is the consistency of jello to begin with. Yikes. I felt like Shrek compared to the rest of the class.

I'm still not seeing much in the way of weight change, but I am hanging in there - maybe my body is thinking WTF? I am already starting to feel more toned, which always helps me stay OP. That and the fact that my muscles hurt so much that I really can't reach for any food helps too.

Budget season is upon me at work - STRESS! This is the worst I've seen it in my 20 year career in government. Our states finances are a mess, and it is now going to seriously impact the school systems. As much as you read that school budgets are bloated, and some are, we have been very fiscally responsible, which is going to decimate our programs now. If the governor gets his way, we will be looking at having to make 8 million dollars in cuts next year! That's the equivalent of closing a school. Ugh.

MrsSassy
01-21-2010, 10:56 AM
first Kim.... you crack me up! I give you props for doing any class in a gym! NO way i'm get'n my cottage cheese tush in a room full of toothpicks.

Second...I keep hearing how the recession is over but I don't see it. Luckily my husband has been working steady but I fear that the ripple will hit us next winter. He's in construction and he's the superintendent of two jobs that were put into motion 2 years ago. this time last year there were 40 cranes in operation in the city of Chicago, meaning 40 high-rises being built. today there are TWO. Scary times across the board.

green0923
01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Hey, ladies. Not much time to post this morning. I'll try to get back on and post later. I agree with MrsS, Kim, good for you going in there and working your core in a new class! The weight loss will come!

MrsS, nice job clearing the house! That will make it so much easier. I have been trying to coax DH into the same thing. My kids are very fit, son's actually a little on the thin side, and DH has strange eating habits. He could probably afford to lose 10-15 lbs, but on a 6'3" frame, that's nothing. He doesn't do well with "diets" per se -- much better at his own strange combination of eating better. But his triggers are not the same as mine, so some of the things we have on hand for the kids' lunches are things that make me crazy but he doesn't have any issue with. So ... I'm working on it.

Happy Thursday, ladies. Tomorrow is Friday!!

green0923
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Forgot to post, I'm rewarding myself this weekend for meeting my first goal early ... hair cut and highlights for me! Yahoo! I think I'm going to re-set my 2/14 goal to 21 lbs since I already hit the 14 lbs. I'll update my ticker later.

Kimphin
01-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Congrats Erin!

MrsSassy
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
WTG Erin!!!

I am so glad hubby is supporting me...he put weight on right along with me and said if I was doing it, so was he. It makes it so much easier for me that he is doing it too.

Are you cooking two meals erin? one for you and one for the family?

JLem311
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
hello all. just wanted to stop by and say hi! :) not too much going on here, just a busy crazy life! still doing my workouts 5 days/week and keeping on plan. so overall, life is good. hope everyone else is well!

BarbaraB
01-21-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm a bit sad that our threads don't have their own special area anymore. It seems like the end of a era.

Mrs S. There is a big difference between the recession ending and the economy being strong. I guess that is why it took us so long into the recession to notice that it was happening, that the economy was just so strong in 2007 that it took a whole year before we noticed that things were slowing down, and then they got so very slow that even a small expansion still feels pretty dead. It might take a year of the recession being over before we really feel that it is over.

I've actually been doing fairly well, as DH has been calorie counting and that has made me more accountable with what I am eating. I suspect I need a period of weighing and measuring carefully to get me back to honest portion sizes. It is so dang easy to let them slip slight higher and higher over time.
Of course my DH has 3-5 pounds that are really upsetting him. HA! I wish I could get so worked up over 3 pounds, but I seem to reserve getting upset for much larger weight gains.

MrsSassy
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
:D Barb...agreed

Kimphin
01-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Barb - I would love to be worrying over 5 lbs. Well, since I heven't seen a loss in a few weeks, I guess I am! My DH has about 10 lbs to lose - not even lose, really, he just needs to tone up - and he will do it in about 2 weeks. Sigh.

Mrs S - Hopefully your DH's work will stay strong. With stimulus funds, there should be more construction coming,it just takes time to get everything set before the impact is seen, unless something was ready to be done right when the funds were announced. I know some architects that are planning on some busy years to come. The problem here is that governments usually lag about 1-2 years behind any recession recovery, so our next couple of years are going to be harsh.

Arkantana
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Hey ladies,
Just have a little something to add about the economy. I work at the public assistance office and I have yet to see a decrease in apps for food stamps, medicaid, or cash assistance. I have seen a few of my clients get jobs but not many and not with decent pay or benefits. It's kinda scary to see these families that really had a nice life before (nice homes, great income, own business) that have totally went under and had to sell everything. At the same time, this was a good wake up call to those living outside their budget, including myself.

equinetcan
01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Hey Girls!

I had 2 job interviews today so today was stressful to say the least. I don't do well on those things so I always stress over them. I am just starting my job search again so really if these don't pan out its no big deal...I just wanted the practice as I haven't had to do the interview thing for a few years.

Eating though not too bad lately. Not weighing myself though for another week. I wanted to get away from the scale for awhile.

I am still fighting the tail end of this dang tonsillitis too. I've got a third round of meds ready but I don't wanna take them if I don't have to. It feels like it may be getting better so I am going to hold out another day or two and see how it goes. If I never have another sore throat again it'll be too soon for me!

Did go get my passport photo done today so I can get that task done. I want to be able to go across to the US now and then where I am only an hour away but right now I can't where I don't have the passport. So got the ugly pic and now just have to print off the forms and fill em out.

Hope everyone has a good night and remember tomorrow is friday!

green0923
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
MrsS, DH is a stay at home dad, so fortunately he takes care of dinner most nights for the kiddos and him, and I take care of mine. When I wasn't dieting, he took care of dinner 1/2 time for all of us, I did the rest (or we just ate out quite a bit). When I do ground turkey (turkey burgers, meatloaf, or turkey chili) we all eat it together. if I do fish, DH & I eat it. But the rest of the fam can't get with my boneless skinless chicken breasts almost every day.

Arkantana, I just realized, you are only a few lbs more than my entire goal weight! Good for you! Are you small framed? 5'7 and 130 seems small for a large framed person like me. :)

equine, how did the interviews go? Nice job with the eating. Hope you feel better son!! ikwym about passport photos. it's like the DMV. There's an unwritten rule somewhere. Their cameras are not technically capable of taking a non-ugly picture!

Good to see you, Jillian, keep on going!

Arkantana
01-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Erin,
I am a small frame. I was always "that skinny girl" growing up and when I say skinny I mean like a stick, no curves. Ha Ha I hated it! Wish someone would call me that now.

Alannah,
I've thought about getting my passport as well. I'm just under Canada so a short trip out of the states would be nice. Good luck on the job search.

green0923
01-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Quick post this morning, ladies. I had fun playing with my signature last night.

Tonight I'm s'posed to go have a couple drinks with some pals. I'm a little uneasy. I haven't had ANYTHING to drink but water (with or without lemon) and 1 sip of milk in a couple weeks. I'm thinking tonite I will play it safe and do 1 drink and then switch to diet coke. It's just too early to fidget with alcohol for me. That messes up my water retention BAD usually.

Oh, btw, TGIF!!!!!

JLem311
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
morning all.

great job erin for meeting your goal! :)

i did a double workout today and don't have much on the agenda for today or the weekend since the weather is suppose to be pretty nasty starting tonight. thankfully, DH doesn't have to leave like he was originally suppose to on saturday for more training. :) so i'm excited about that. the darn army keeps steal all of our precious time together...which is dwindling by the second. :(

hope everyone has a nice weekend!

MrsSassy
01-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Erin...I'm glad you don't have to cook two meals. My motto is "if mom doesn't eat it mom doesn't cook it!" The kids are too young to cook so I guess they are eat'n with me :o)

I had a cosmo over the weekend....went straight to my head!! not sure if it's the healthy eating or what...but watch out with it. I think I'll lay off the cocktails until spring break! Have fun tonight!!

I have a busy day...lunch and snacks are packed! Lets home I can resist the drive throughs...boy i miss McDonald's sweet tea!!! I can't imagine how many calories are in that sucker *cringe*

have a great friday
~kelly

sweetandspicy
01-22-2010, 12:53 PM
I have got to do something to get back on track. I know what to do it is just a matter of doing it. I am not lazy just busy. I did find my 30day shred DVD this morning laying in the middle of the living room. I could not find it for the past 2 months. My youngest must I found it stuck somewhere but I thought if that is not a sign I do not know what is. Also it is suppose to be 60 degrees here tomorrow so I will walk/jog and go to the park with the kiddos. That should help.

So I am going to stop with the sweet treats and start exercising.

Ok so now I re-joined the dailyplate and will start loging all of my foods and keeping track of my calories and exercise that way. It should help. Today is pretty eye opening in that is it 2:30 and all I can have is about 319 calories for the rest of the day. Might be hard but I will try to manage.

Arkantana
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Hello all,
It was a sad start this morning as many people came out and lined Main St. with flags to honor a fallen Marine as the funeral procession drove by. Kinda silly that it takes a death to get that type of outpouring when there are many that complete tour after tour with little thanks at all.

My added goal for 2010 is to say "Thank you" to every service member I come in contact with. I know that it is a tremendous sacrifice for not only the service member but their entire family. So let me start by saying thanks to all of you who are sacrificing in some way on behalf of all the rest of us.

But the way people of all ages, and lots of Scouts stood out in 30 degree temps for over two hours waiting to show their appreciation.

Repo girl
01-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Arkantana, what part of Montana are you in?

Hi all, I am just lurking, still not really dieting or anything. I am making some huge changes in my life right now, and I think that I am going to have to just do my best for a little while until things settle down.

Arkantana
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Repo Girl,
I'm in Bozeman and I also have a friend who has a mom in Rexburg, small world.

Repo girl
01-23-2010, 01:53 AM
And I have friends in Bozeman! We come to MT several times each summer to dig for for crystals at Crystal Park above Polaris. If we ever leave Idaho, it will be to move to MT. I love the energy there. I really like Bozeman and Helena.

mj2007
01-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey all,
Stopping by to say hello.
Wish everyone a great weekend.

green0923
01-23-2010, 12:04 PM
woo hoo! Big loss this morning (1.6 lbs). Hope it sticks.

Had fun with the gals last night and stuck to my plan. 1 drink (jack & diet coke) and then water or diet coke. Did the elliptical and ate a light dinner when I got home.

today I get my first self-reward -- hair cut and high lights. Yay me!

Katie & Jennifer, we have close friends who live in Kalispell. They love it there (so do we). It's gorgeous!

Amy M, nice plan with the daily plate. It really is eye opening, isn't it?

Jillian, enjoy your time with DH. And like Jennifer said, thanks for your sacrifice.

MJ, same to you!

MrsS, I had the same reaction as you -- didn't take too much to feel the buzz last night. I agree, I'll lay low on the drinking for a while.

green0923
01-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Quick question: Anyone know anything about "orzo" (sp?) bread? I have a couple girlfriends who are lifetime WW maintainers, and they were telling me about orzo bread. (Or at least that's how I heard it.) It's about 4-5" across, about 100 cal/serving, and loaded with fiber. But I can't find it anywhere online.

Anyone familiar with this product?

JLem311
01-24-2010, 11:12 AM
erin and jennifer--thanks for the comments on thanking service members. being an military spouse is the hardest jobs i've ever had to do, but i love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. i'm so proud of my husband and what he does for our family and our country.

green0923
01-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Btw, talked to my gf -- "orowheat" sandwich crisps is the bread they were talking about. 100 cal, 6g fiber for 2 crisps. Anyone tried these?

Repo girl
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Yep, I like them. They make awesome mini pizzas or tuna melts under the broiler.

green0923
01-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Thanks, Katie. I'll pick some up next time I need some bread.

Arkantana
01-24-2010, 05:50 PM
Well it's day three of snow and I have not been out of the house since I arrived Friday evening. This really gets old. I did sneak a couple of sips of my son's hot chocolate...and had a couple of pieces of pizza Friday night. So hard not to eat when it's cold and snowing. I didn't completely fall off the wagon though, still plenty of veggies and other good for me stuff. I'll be glad when the snow stops and it warms up a little. I may just skip weighing until Wed:)

Weddingmom
01-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi all! I just found this website today when I was searching for information about Wendy Chant's "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" plan that I want to start tomorrow if possible. :dust:
I really could use this group to keep me motivated on my weight loss journey. I've tried it all but between health problems and now my oldest son just got engaged and they want to get married THIS SEPTEMBER! :o
I would appreciate any advice, help, and encouragement that you gals have to offer. Looks like a wonderful forum!!:grouphug:

Arkantana
01-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Hi Weddingmom,
You have come to the right place. I just started at the end of December and this site and every one in the Friends and Losers area have helped alot. There is plenty of knowledge and support to get you going and help you through. Sounds like you have a wedding to help plan as well. That's awesome! Sometimes it's best not to have too long of a time frame to plan a wedding. It means the bride has less time to change her mind. ha ha