Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Wii--Biggest Loser of EA Sports Active

Which one is better? I want to buy one, but can only afford one, so looking for advice as to which one is better? Looking for a better workout. I don't find that I get much of a workout from Wii Fit Plus so need to add something on. Thanks!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'd say EA active is better. Biggest Loser is ok, but I'd wait until you found it on sale. I wouldn't pay more than $19 for it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #3  

I have not played TBL, but am a huge fan of EA Active: More Workouts. It kicks my butt, but each exercise is easy enough to adjust the intensity.

There are a few exercises at the beginning where it wouldn't sense my leg motions quite right, but that is all but gone now that I have better form in the exercises.

The obstacle course, sparring, stepping, island run, follow the leader, are all awesome, and the muscle training moves are done well also. And there is a huge built in assortment of pre-set workouts, but it is also easy to build your own. The 6 week challenge is also really good

If you get it though skip the included resistance bands, and buy yourself a few decent ones if you don't already have some.

I still don't think I'd advocate any Wii game as a supplement to the gym on days you can't make it instead of a replacement. But EA Active has me sweating from start to finish
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #4  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Wii isn't an intense work out, but if you're just starting out it's something to get you off the couch and keep you interested for a while. We bought it in October and already I want to upgrade, I'm not ready for a full work out yet but I'm getting there.

Btw... is that your puppy? What kind of spaniel is it?
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote