Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 01-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #1  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Default Odd-Looking Fat Loss

Clearly, I wasn't sure what to title this post

I have lost about 35-40 pounds over the last year through diet and exercise. I'm working on the last 25-30 using cardio/weights/nutrition. I am happy with my results so far, but I'm wondering if anyone else who is building muscle and losing fat has experienced what I am. For example, as the muscles are becoming more defined and the fat is diminishing my legs sort of look weird. The tops of my legs are still lumpy and the bottom part is more toned. I know you can't spot reduce, but my legs almost look like I'm losing pockets of fat here and there. It's just kind of odd.

I'm not sure that I'm really explaining this that well, but I'm hoping things even out.
catgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #2  
Mel

Don't worry- I think all of us went through some form of this. It wasn't realy until I lost the LAST pound that I felt I looked proportionally lean. Unfortunately, putting back on 3 can change all that at my height (of lack of). At least you have alot of length to spread it out.

Give yourself time.... There's no way to know what the outcome will be until you are there

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #3  
Cat

S/C/G: 198/T/135

Height: 5'9"

Thanks, Mel. It is just a weird thing that I've never really been able to understand. I'm sure it's also my impatience at having the weight come off!
catgeraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 179/146/125

Height: 5'0''

My legs are like that too - I have these massive german thighs even at my skinniest. Right now, my lower legs look great, but my thighs are still a bit lumpy and overly large. They're getting better all the time, though.
scowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

I have slender thighs, comparatively speaking--they are, at their smallest point, the same girth as my monster calves at their widest point--but I have developed this weird muscle pack at the front top of each thigh. I assume it's from running/walking/pedaling. I assume it will look better when I lose a bit more. In fact, I already think it's looking more normal, though perhaps I am just used to it now.

My belly is where my weight loss is WEIRD. It's like it's caving in from the sides, coming to an every-more-pointy spot in the middle. I really, really, really hope that evens out.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #6  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I am noticing that too. My arms and legs are looking very odd! I have a new little fat roll above each knee because the surrounding fat has decreased and it looks very odd, like a second knee LOL. I hope it evens out more by summer. I have weird dents under my arms now too. Hang in there, I am sure it will get better for all of us. I would still rather look dented than fat
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:01 PM   #7  
Sammie Fields

S/C/G: 90kg

Height: 182cm

keep losing more fat, and eventually it will even out
sammiefields2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry chicks, I am laughing with us at this one. I described this phenomenon on another forum a few days ago as "molting" of fat, just like when my dogs shed their winter or summer coats in clumps. Sounds like we'll all get better/even out over time.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

yup... weird fat here too...
my thighs are relatively slim, but the little saddle bags at the top used to just blend in, instead of sticking out... but the tummy is the worst-- I'm getting slimmer from the rib cage on down and so my tummy looks bigger even though it's actually a lot smaller...
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #10  

I noticed that while I was losing weight, my stomach, thighs, and arms got these pockets that you speak of. It almost looked as though the fat would come from one concentrated spot at a time! (My stomach has pockets like a huge sponge or something. I'm grossly fascinated with it!) I'm sure it wasn't like that, but I'd be interested in knowing exactly how it comes off. If it goes on in different areas in a concentrated fashion at times, I'm sure it does the same thing coming off.

Last edited by joyebb; 04-16-2010 at 10:59 AM.
joyebb is offline   Reply With Quote