Faith Based Support Groups - If You DIED Today.....

View Full Version : If You DIED Today.....

EZMONEY
01-17-2010, 11:03 PM
As a husband, father, son, brother, uncle, son/brother/father in law and friend I sometimes think of how I would respond to the loss of a loved one.

I am sure of my eternity and of my immediate family because of the belief in the person and Work of Jesus Christ and what He has done for me.

I often wonder and pray for some of my family that may or may not be believers.

I read a comforting article this evening in a magazine I get. A father lost his daughter at a very young age. I cannot imagine the pain he felt but I can barely imagine the comfort because of his beliefs.

Do you know where you would go if you died today?

I will share the story and wish all of you eternal peace :hug:

One Of Those Years ~

http://www.lcms.org/pages/wPagex.asp?ContentID=696&IssueID=40

Bootsie
01-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Well first of all Gary my dream when I die is to bow down in front of Jesus and just touch his hand. WOW! That would be awesome! I hope he does not put me in a palace because i just am not that type, I am not no fancy kind of gal. I pray he puts me where I can take care of his animals that go to heaven and a garden I can take care of, for him.

EZMONEY
01-17-2010, 11:43 PM
LOL BOOTSIE....I am sure you will be tending to the animals that were at the Manger!

Gelene
01-18-2010, 12:54 AM
What a lovely article and the perfect close to this day of worship.
I do know where I would go if I died today, into the loving presence of my Heavenly Father. I also know I would be so comforted at seeing and being able to have my own father wrap his arms around me again. He is about the only close loved one I have lost(going on 7 years ago) and he was and still is my best friend. I miss him so much but I have such a comfort in knowing he is there watching over me also.

I also found it interesting that the author of this article called the service a celebration, in my faith and our small knit group, we always refer to the service as a graduation. Because we know they are moving on to an eternal and beautiful life. Which truly is a celebration or graduation.

Thank you EZMONEY for sharing :)

BatgirlAmy
01-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I don't like to assume that I am going to heaven or ****. God will judge me, I will not judge myself. I am the best that I can be, and always working towards a better life in Christ's name. I dream about heaven sure, but I know it is so great and beyond my understanding that I can only dream.

Justwant2Bhealthy
01-19-2010, 04:45 PM
BOOTSIE ~ I'm with you -- I'll see you there in the animal menagerie ... and I was dreamin' of a quaint little cottage by the sea with lots of gardens and flowers to tend, so I can walk and talk with JESUS there ...

... I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses; and the voice I hear, ringing in my ear -- the SON of GOD discloses; and HE walks with me, and HE talks with me; and HE tells me I am HIS own; and the Joy we share, as we tarry there ... none other has ever known ... :hug: