South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default What to bring to potluck get together...

Ok I am not doing SBD anymore. I did for a short amount of time 2 years ago. I calorie count now but my biggest struggle is social events. If its there I want it.

Sooooo......my "plan" for tonight is to stick to proteins or low carb foods only and only have 1 dessert.

So I'm trying to come up with something I can bring that not only is weight loss friendly but that I will actually think is yummy (cuz its hard to eat blah food when everyone else has yummy food) Can you help?
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #2  

I have this problem all the time and am looking forward to some ideas. A few ot the things I have taken: Fruit plate, KFC grilled chicken, Subway sandwiches (get a few and cut them into small finger sandwiches and arrange them on a plate). I took vegies and dip once but brought them back home since no one ate them ;-(
fitby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The Taco Bake is one of the most versatile and popular recipes here on South Beach. You can serve it hot or cold, and with raw veggies, whole wheat crackers or pita, and tortilla chips for the non-dieters.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 01-17-2010 at 08:07 PM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #4  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

I love love love hummus and veggies... sometimes I bring spin dip, I have also made black bean brownies, and most crap eaters won't appreciate them but all my dieting friends think they are awesome and can't believe they are made of just beans!

If you need an entree I like brown and wild rice rissotto with mushrooms and asparagus- thats not the lowest calorie thing though! also a mexican layered dip is always good with ff rf beans- people can eat with tortilla chips, veggies, or triscuits...
rdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/179/160

Height: 5'9

How about South Beach friendly cabbage rolls??

Here's my recipe!!

1 pound extra lean ground beef or turkey ( i use both together it makes for a moister meal)
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup bell peppers
3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp splenda
1 small head cabbage, chopped
1-15 oz can diced tomatoes
1-15 oz can tomato sauce

Directions

Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble the raw meat on the bottom of the crockpot. Add the onions, peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and cabbage. Pour the diced tomatoes over the top. Mix the splenda into the tomato sauce and pour over everything. If you use 1 pound beef and 1 pound of turkey add another 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. When done remove the lid and stir well to combine all ingredients.

This is one of my favorite dishes being mennonite and it doesn't throw me off my diet plan!
a cheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Veggies and super yummy dip is good, because you can almost eat as much as you want, if you use very little dip on each piece.

I often bring a dish that is technically a "side dish" but could pass for a meal if I need it, like 3 bean salad.

What about bringing a really yummy Thai-oriented salad, with peanut sauce or something, full of cabbage and lots of veggies. That sounds really yummy to me, but very filling, as well.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Wow, some great ideas. I go to these things at least once a week so this is really helpful. So it went well on sunday. I brought the kfc chicken. Someone else had brought an AMAZING green salad and I had that with the chicken. I even didn't have dessert. The next morning I was down .6 lbs!!! Yippee!
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote