Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 10:29 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#201

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:37 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning all! Just thought I would pop in and start a new thread this morning. You guys went way on to a second page so if you haven't read there on the last thread, please go back and catch it.

I hope you all have a great day!

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #3  

Angry G'day Mates!

Weigh-In Wednesday! I'm down 3 pounds this week for a grand total of 48 pounds lost! I would have been happier to make it to the 50 pound mark this week... but that'll have to wait until next week. Bah... listen to me! I'm impossible to please!

J-ann... Is it okay if I walk through my kitchen to get to the bathroom?

Baylee... Wow! Raising 6 kids on your own! You deserve those awards they hand out to awesome mothers on Oprah! I really respect how you've come through all the hardships that have been thrown at you. I completely agree... people who don't want children shouldn't have them. That's the problem with me though... I THINK I want children eventually but I'm SCARED that I won't know what I'm getting myself into! At least since I'm losing weight, I won't have to worry about the complications that being overweight can have on a pregnancy!

ANYWAYS... crazyiness that 3FC will be unaccessible this weekend, eh? Fortunately, I think I'm actually going to be away this weekend at a cabin. To make a long story short, I used to work as a nanny for a very rich family while I was in university. As a favor, I'm going up to their summer cottage for a few days to take care of their kids while they are away on business. They don't actually NEED me until Sunday but they said my hubby (Reg) and I were free to come up on Friday and spend the weekend in their guest cabin. At the end of the weekend, Reg would make the few hours drive home and I would stay and take care of their kids until Wednesday when they would fly me home on a small private plane so I could teach all my rescheduled piano students on Thursday! Whew! All that said to say, I think I'm going away this weekend, so it won't be that bad for me that the sites down!

Well... I should get a few chores done but I'll be around today so post, post, post and I'll pop back in a bit!

Toodles,
Sara
Old 08-14-2002, 12:30 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Wow...we really zoomed though #200, didn't we? All that talk about good, hard men...

Well, Dh and I both got off work the same time this am...dropped my car off for a tune up, and went out for breakfast at Perkins. I had a really crappy night last night at work...REALLY CRAPPY! Boy, were those blueberry/banana pancakes callin' my name! (pssst....Kat....pick us, PICK US!!) I managed to resist somehow and ordered the fruit salad (which came with a gigantic muffin, WHICH I ate every last morsel of!) The fruit salad was enormous, I ate a lot of it but brought the rest home. I'll have that for lunch with some cottage cheese. After breakfast, he dropped me off at the gym...I did a 30min walk on the treadmill, some upper body weight machines, shot the breeze with the girl I'm supposedly going to be working with (I should know definitely on Monday...I gave them my cell number, we will be on the road.)

Here comes the unbelievable part...I walked home! In the heat. Already sweaty, so what's the diff? It only took me 30 minutes to walk home, and that was in extreme heat and humidity...Oh, I'm going to LOVE walking to work!

I feel wonderful, still buzzing on that endorphin high! When I first got on the treadmill...I told myself that I only had to do 10 min...that first 10 minutes was extremely hard to do with heels dug firmly in. But as I got past the first 10, I thought, I can definitely do 10 more...and 10 more minutes after that. Why is it so hard to get there when it feels so good when we finally do?

I found a great recipe on Allrecipes.com...had it for lunch and dinner yesterday...mmm...

Asian Coleslaw
Makes 10 servings

6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root I didn't have any
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic

5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
2 cups shredded napa cabbage didn't have, just increased green cabbage
2 carrots, julienned
6 green onions, chopped used 1/2 regular onion, sliced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro didn't have, didn't miss!

Directions
1 In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic.
2 In a large bowl, mix the cabbages, carrots, onions. Toss with the peanut butter mixture just before serving.

Nutrition at a glance
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Calories 182
Protein 4.1g
Total Fat 12.6g
Sodium 498mg
** Cholesterol 0mg
Carbohydrates 15.8g
Fiber 3.6g

***I halved the recipe, just to test it out...I LOVED it! DH did not...good, more for me!

Gotta grab some sleep...my endorphins wore off...getting dozy now...

Have a good day all...
love ya!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-14-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Phew <wiping brow>, It's 100° and still rising here on the Erie Canal. This can stop any time. The "trade winds" are blowing so it's semi-bearable but hot is [color] HOT[/color]. This fat lady is not doing ANYTHING tonight. Just gonna sit in front of the fan with a fruit juice pop. :

Sara: THREE LBS! WOW, You are Cookin'. 50 is one of those special numbers so be sure to have a celebration when you get there. I've eaten at Swiss Chalet's too. GOOD FOR YOU - making thin choices. It showed on the scale. Yes. you CAN go throught the kitchen to get to the bathroom, as long as you don't stop and "pick". Otherwise you'll just have to go behind a tree in the yard.

Thin: Don't work too hard in this heat. We need you healthy here. BTW If you go looking to visit the Countdown group in WW 100's; we've changed the name to "In It For The Long Run".

Baylee: SIX BOYS !!!! Wow! Sounds like you did an excellent job with them tho. My hat's off to you for being a good Mom. Glad the Doc found out the machine was busted. You had me worried there for a while. Great aticle. Thanks for sharing it.

I've to go refill my ice water.

Catch you later,
Old 08-14-2002, 07:45 PM   #6  

hi ladies well the weather here is brewing into something big so I will make this quick the power has already gone off a few times. Glad to hear all your successes I have been with WW since mid Feb 2002 and to date I have lost 56.4 lbs I was hoping for my 60 this week but it just didn't happen but there is always next week. It is so nice to have a place to come share thoughts and ideas. good luck to you all.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:13 PM   #7  

CONGRATS you losers.....

I still feel panic over not being here all weekend and then all those warnings. Geez.

Monday this place will be s l o w with everyone trying to catch up.

Kat, you go girl.....you are an exercise machine. Good, I can use your hard body to lure men over and then snatch them for myself.

So, what about the rest of you....how will you survive a 3FCless weekend?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:22 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Zoom through 200 is right............I completely missed the whole
thread! Just stopping in to say that everything is ok, for the most part. First of all, Tony won the race on Sunday, so that is always a good thing. Second, I went to WI (not Wisconsin) yesterday and I have gained 19 pounds. Yep, that was not a typo. Gained 19 pounds But here is the good news, I didn't gain it all back. I came to my senses before all of my hard work went down the toilet. I remember how happy I was to finally be in the twos............and how miserable I am to be back in the threes.......but don't feel sorry for me for long, because I will beat this. I will get back in the twos. I needed a little pick me up, so I went out and got my nails done today. I feel like I am typing horribly slow with them. This is a big change from the little nubs I normally call my nails. One week a month I have to go downstairs to the Womens Center at the hospital and help the pt's that actually come in to discuss their bill instead of calling and I feel really embarassed because my hands looked so crappy. They look really nice and I feel much better.
As a side note, I would like to let you know the last time I went to WW was on 7/9/02, so it took me a little over a month to gain back that glorious 19 lbs. Why doesn't it come off that quick? Oh well, I'm gonna hop off for now and go cook dinner. Chicken fajitas! I am on the road to recovery.

And by the way.........I think we should all give Mr. Stewart a hand! What do you think?
Old 08-14-2002, 08:57 PM   #9  

Hi everyone. I am very new to this whole system because up until a week ago, my home computer was a MacIntosh classic about 12 years old and only good for word processing. Now that I have upgraded, I am exploring the Internet and the first site I had to come to was 3FC.
I joined WW today for about the 104th time (but only about the 3rd time this year) and weighed in at 344lbs- not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm really motivated now and hope to make some changes and I plan on visiting this site OFTEN to help me do so. It really helps to read about all of your successes and to know I am not alone. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2002, 08:59 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all just a quicky (post that is)
hope all of you ahd a good day.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:07 AM   #11  

Angry Late night quickie!

Hi Ladies,

I was SUPPOSED to play tennis tonight but the rainy weather wasn't cooperating so we ended up playing some boardgames at a friend's house instead. It was fun but I really HAD wanted to get that tennis exercise.

Oh well. At least my eating was AWESOME today... maybe that'll make up for it!

Janet and Dollar... Welcome to our thread! The ladies here are SO supportive and GREAT motivation so come back often. I find that posting everyday has made a HUGE impact on my committment to see this thing through! Dollar... 56 pounds is GREAT! You're beating me by 8 pounds. Wanna race? Janet... Congratulations on going back to WW! Like I ALWAYS say "A year from now, you'll wish you had started today!" Not us!!! A year from now, we'll be SO happy that we made the choice today!

Tina... Welcome back on the road to recovery! You've been through a lot lately... I'm just glad you made it through and you're back on the wagon.

J-ann... We live in one of those new subdivisions that HAVE no trees. Peeing in the backyard is gonna be embarassing! Hope you survived the heat!

Kat... You put me to shame! Really though, it's great that you're eating well AND working out. I bet it's gonna be really noticeable on the scale in the next few weeks!

Well, I've got to get myself to bed. See everyone here tomorrow!

TTFN,
Sara
Old 08-15-2002, 08:01 AM   #12  

Whew...after my awful eating habits over the last two weeks I am thrilled - I stayed the same!!!!!!!

Welcome Janet and Dollar....make sure you don't lose us over the weekend while the server is down. I think I will "post" in Word over the weekend and then copy it to here when Monday comes.

Sometimes posts are "scarce" on weekends but KNOWING I can't post makes it an obsession to post.

Baylee, Are you sneaking to Chaska to watch Tiger? It's all that is on the news....PGA, PGA.....Sounds like the traffic is pretty congested around there. Is your machine fixed now?
Old 08-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Good Morning, my pretties!

/'m so happy to have lots of posts to read! Welcome back, Tina...we sure have missed you! Your posts always touch my in some way, whether it's to laugh or cry or commiserate...I'm glad you're back. And going in the right direction. Good for you!

Welcome, welcome, welcome newbies! Hi Janet and dollar! Good luck to both of you...I think you'll like our blend of humor, pathos, and....hmmm...something else...oh yeah! Weight loss! That's the ticket, THAT'S why we're here! A nicer group af women you will never meet! I see we have ANOTHER Minnesota gal with us...keep an eye on the Minnesota man scene for Baylee and Lucky, will ya?

WHERE THE HECK IS 2CUTE????

Mary...just a quicky, huh? Take your time, there's no rush! (post, whatever!)

Thin, you whirling dervish, you! You are one busy woman! When do even find time to eat?

oops...gptta run...back soon
Old 08-15-2002, 08:03 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Boy I'm really going to miss you guys while the site is down.

Welcome to our little corner Janet and Dollar. These ladies are great..

Work is going ok but food isn't I stay so hungry but I do stay busy so I can't stop and eat every few minutes.

It looks rainy out this morning weather man says we are going to have thunder showers today and tomorrow.

I love the Mall of America guys. When we were living in Minnesota Peter took me several times. Lots to buy.

Hope all of you have a good Thursday. I'm off to get a shower, eat and then off to the library. Catch you on the flip side.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:12 AM   #15  

Where and when did you live in Minnesota, Mary?

Are you celebrating Elvis down there today?
Closed Thread