Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #1  

Default New to Fat Chicks

This is my first post to this forum. I am 51 years old and need to lose about 30-40 pounds. Currently I am trying to keep my calories under 1500 (1800 on the weekends!) and working with a low GI type diet. My progress is slow but I don't feel deprived. I have lost 8 pounds since the middle of November. My goal is to be another 30 pounds thinner by May when my daughter graduates with her Masters degree.

Wish me luck and keep me motivated!
JJCaraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #2  
The best is yet to come!!

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm new here, too, and if you lost weight over the holidays, KUDOS TO YOU!!!

I haven't really begun anything as I've been sick for a number of weeks....the only "real" illness has been a bad cold, but I also am having trouble with severe fatigue, dizziness and nausea if I don't eat enough!! Great time to diet, huh??

Best to you...
MsJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi JJ and welcome!

I'm 57....and a half. Will be 58 in June. I had 60 lbs. to lose...well, 50 to be my normal weight but 60 to be my dream weight. I'm within 2-3 lbs. of normal and about 8-9 lbs. of goal/dream weight.
AND I started the diet to be at goal by my son's wedding in NYC this coming August.
I started last spring....so you could very possibly do this by May. I can't wait to go and find a sexy outfit for the wedding. Well, not TOO sexy....have to maintain dignity as mother of the groom, of course.

By GI diet, I'm assuming you mean low glycemic index diet, right? I've used Atkins, which I love. Are you familiar with that diet? Low carbing? Atkins would probably fall into the category of low-GI diets....but is much more militant, I'm guessing....as most, if not all, of the foods are probably the lowest there are on the low-glycemic index.

And yes, these types of diets do really control appetite and cravings, etc., don't they? That's one of the things I love about Atkins. Appetite control, increased energy and fantastic results.

I will be cheering for you to reach goal by May.

deena

Last edited by Deena52; 01-16-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #4  
The best is yet to come!!

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Go Deena, Go Deena!!

I am inspired by you!! You've done it right...not too fast and with a goal to boot! Sure hoping I can get on board, too. Angela
MsJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Welcome, JJ! I'm so glad you are here! Congrats on losing weight over the holidays - that's a great achievement! I know you will reach your goal!

I'm a newbie here too, and I'm hoping to lose enough weight to look and feel better by May.

I hope we both have a happier and healthier 2010!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi JJ!
Sounds like you've found what works best for you and are sticking to it, good for you - as they say, slow and steady wins the race - the support you need is here - here's to being an even more fabulous proud mom in May!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote