Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default Returning!

Ok, well I used this site years ago when I was trying to lose the weight I had gained after my pregnancy. It did wonders and I had lost almost every pound I wanted to! Well...another kid came, I got lazy as a stay at home mom. Weight is back So here we go again. I am aiming to lose 100 pounds. I managed 60 pounds last time out of the 70 I had wanted. Gained it back and then some. However, I have only myself to blame, not the diet program since the last 3 years I have done nothing but sit around, literally, and eat junk food.

My mother died quite obese from steroids she had been taking for more than 25 years and her asthma making exercise just a dream. She was always sad, lonely and withdrawn because of it, having been very used to thinness growing up. It's been a year since she passed and she made me promise not to allow myself to get into the same rut. I think I have moped about losing her for long enough- time to keep my promise.

~Kenna
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

Hi, Kenna, welcome! I am so glad you are here.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom eight years ago and the first year I was just crying all the time. It's so hard.

I know she must be so proud of you, watching from heaven, as you start your journey to better health and a happier you.

I know you will succeed!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, Kenna, and welcome back! I am glad you are joining us.

I wish you the very best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Kenna!
Hey, we've all done it, lost only to gain it back (& sometimes more) and add the loss of your mother, grief plays out in various ways and in its own time - but it sounds like you're back on track for a healthier and happier you - no looking back, no beating yourself up, just moving forward - the support you need is here.

Glad to have you back with us! There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome back - you're in the right place - jump right back in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-16-2010 at 09:37 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote