Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 06:56 AM   #1  
American Chick!

Default Thru Thick & Thin #149

Hi Everyone,
We're a group of folks in various stages of weight loss, and we're quite friendly, so come and join us!
(I've forgotten how to start a thread, so please go with this one!)
Anyway, I lost 2.5 pounds last week (FINALLY) so now my weight and my age are at least in the same decade!
Love you all, and I need to go get the kids ready for school---first day went really well for them; they start gymnastics classes tonight, but Papa has to take them to that; I just have to pick them up...we were both instructed that they did NOT want anyone watching them during class. I guess we've got to get some blinders!
Love to everyone,and happy Wednesday!
Sally
224/148.5/120ish
Old 08-16-2002, 08:39 AM   #2  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Ladies~~Checking in just to make sure you all know I'm still around. Not a darn thing going on here except the usual work. Still haven't got my food where I want it, but I keep trying. Hubby is going to be off for the first Sat. in about 9 weeks so we are going fishing. Would you all believe that we had 5 and 3/4 inches of rain day before yesterday and the weather has cooled off. My pool is too cool to swim in already. My sister and her daughter is coming for Thanksgiving so that means I have pressure to lose weight and finish some jobs around here.
Skeeter~~no we didn't get the trolling motor. After we got home darned if he didn't start wondering if he wanted the one we picked out or not. I give up, I guess he'll make up his mind soon. Boy he ain't like me...when I went after a puter I come home with one. You know I thank I will apply for a Walmart Credit card, I could use it once in a while just to get my credit going again. It's kind a bad, when you keep several thousand $ in a checking account and can't get a credit card. Live and learn. I've got other credit cards on the spot. I got one from garden ridge not over 3 months ago. Of course I don't use it, I just signed up to get a free gift. Hang in there on that food plan.

Sally~~CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS. I tell you girl you got to be getting close to your goal. How much you like???
Going to run now and get my day started. Have a great day and a wonderful week end. And here's wishing all of us could get on a good food plan and stay there.

Last edited by Marlana; 08-21-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 09:45 AM   #3  

Hello everyone. I've had trouble with my puter again. Pages don't want to load. Its so aggrivating. I just wanted to come in and say hi to you all now and I'll try to get here after work. According to the announcement, they are switching servers this weekend so we may have trouble getting in here.

Not alot going on with me. I've got a headache this morning and my jaw is bothering me to. I'm going to work a couple hours late. I almost feel like staying home all day but I've got some stuff I've got to finish up.

I'll try to get back here later. Have a nice day.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:24 AM   #4  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Just seen the notice about the move. It's about as clear as mud to me. I hope I can find my way back. If not I have email address's. See you later.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:13 PM   #5  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I hope everyone us doing good this week. I have done pretty good with food all week except yesterday. We had a work day at church and we had salad and spaghetti for lunch. We were sorting and sizing clothes that were donated recently to another ministry that our church helps. There was a tremendous amount of clothing for this small rural community. Today was a smaller work day at church cleaning up after vacation bible school and only a little from yesterday.

Marlana~I need to get some of this weight off before we go on vacation in October. Let's get our acts together and join the others in losing some weight. I want to lose 20# before I see my family. If I tried really hard and used this treadmill, I could do it. Is your niece going to your sister's first then the two of them to your house? That will be a great visit since you haven't seen them in so long. Are you and your hubby going shopping again or is he going to order out of a catalogue? I like the convenience of a catalogue but I like to see what I am buying and I usually want it right now not later. That's a cool avatar that you have now.

Sally~WTG on losing more weight and getting into the 40's. When are we going to get to see a picture of the new and skinny Sally? Have you bought a whole new wardrobe yet? Thanks for starting the new thread. I have been getting all my chores done in the morning and then getting knocked out of my computer time by afternoon storms. At least we have gotten a lot of rain and the drought of three years is over. Of course, now we have the mosquitoes in swarms and the viruses that they carry. I just stay indoors most of the time.

JoJo~Hope your headache is gone and so is the pain in your jaw. It is Friday and close to the end of the work week so you need to start feeling better to enjoy your days off. Hope that you have a good weekend. I am starting to hear people talking about the cooler nights up that way. That is unheard of here until late October. Oh don't mention computer problems to loudly. Mine is still doing okay. I won't hesitate the next time to run that recovery disc. It is worth having to reinstall everything because it works so much better. I bought a whole box of floppies to be prepared for it the next time.

Well ladies, we are going to have to get through a weekend without this site. Might be hard on us. Even though we don't post daily, I'm sure that the rest of you read on the forum daily like I do. Have a good weekend and see you all when the site comes back up.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:24 AM   #6  

Hi there. I managed to get in here today by going to the home page of the site. Now I've got to remember to re-save the support page in my favorites. So far everything looks ok but I'm not exactly sure what changes have been made. I posted a short reply Friday but it looks like its gone.

Marlana, I love how you've got your name (and Skeeters to). Do you think you could make me up something like that? Its cool. Is that something you learned in your classes?

Skeeter, headache is gone and my jaw is feeling better. I had bought some taffy at the fair and I think that is what got my jaw going. It doesn't take much, sometimes just brushing my teeth with get the TMJ to flair up. I ran my Norton diagnostics last night and it said I had some missing files (where they went, who knows) and hopefully that problem is fixed as I just clicked what Norton told me to click. But.....everything is loading much faster so I did something right. Well, I also defragged. That always helps.

Well gals, the state fair ends today. I've been so bad this past week. I've had so much junk its not funny. I am hoping to get myself going on a food plan this week. Anything is better than this past week.

I'm going to scoot out of here now. Take care everyone.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:40 PM   #7  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I can finally get in here. Haven't had time to look around yet. Just wanted to check in really quick to let you know I'm still around.
Skeeter~~I wish I could get my act together and get on a food plan and stay there. It's hard to overcome an addiction, which is what I have. I'm never going to give up. I'm doing really well today so for, of course it's just noon.
Jo Jo~~I've already made your name for you. I hope the size isn't too big, and yes I didn't learn how to make those is the class. If it is let me know and I'll make it smaller. How in the world would a person ever go to a state fair and not eat. The smells a lone is enough to break you down. Glad it's over. I haven't been to a fair in years. I just don't like to be in the middle of a bunch of people anymore.
I said this is quick, have a good day everyone.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:08 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone.

I'm so relieved. I signed papers for our home insurance today and got it at an excellent price. I'm not going to be totally relieved until I get the official policy from them but I got this done with just 3 days left on our old insurance.

Dh & I are going to the gambling boat Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to that. We almost did it last Sunday on a whim but I was worried that we'd have to come up with a full years insurance premium so I thought we should wait until I knew for sure. The only thing is when your playing slot machines, your money seems to go so fast so keep your fingers crossed that we win some money.

I'm fixing diet cola chicken tonight for supper along with some of the instant "roasted garlic" mashed potatoes. Those potatoes are downright yummy with the sauce from the chicken. Can't wait.

Dh had to see the dr today for his arm. Its probably carpal tunnel and for now the dr is just trying to settle the pain and swelling down with anti-inflammatories and a brace. I hope it helps but I'm sure somewhere down the line he is going to need surgery.

Marlana, thanks again for doing my name for me. I've not downloaded it yet so I'm not ready to re-do my profile yet. I just think its so cool your doing your own avatars. Oh, I saw Eric, he liked the one you did for him and said to tell you thanks very much.

Gosh, just noticed only one has written since the last time I wrote. Guess everyone is busy.

Skeeter, I keep meaning to ask you if you'd send me an email to work. I've tried to email you but it keeps coming back. If you don't have my work email, let me know and I'll give it to you. The email at work is kinda picky and doesn't work for some email addresses for some reason. Its kinda aggrivating.

Well, I'm going to play a game for awhile and then get supper started. Take care and I hope your having a good week.
Old 08-22-2002, 07:02 AM   #9  
American Chick!

Hey Ladies,
Need to get going, but wanted to say Howdy do--how're you all doing today? Have a happy Thursday!
JoJo, I'm so glad you got the insurance mess settled! That's such a relief for you I bet. The fair sounds like fun! I haven't been to one in ages; they have the local one the last weekend in September.. almost always on my littlest daughter's birthday--it's the end of September, so if it's not on the actual day, it's the day we're having the party. Maybe I need to plan to take her and a few buddies to the fair for the party one year.
Mama, how's it going? I want my name with a quill pen! Do me, do me! That's cute! Is it still hot in Oklahoma? It's horribly hot here.
Skeeter, you finally got rain, didn't you? It's about 10 inches below normal around here...just very hot and dry. At least next weekend is Labor Day; it has to end sometime!
I'd better run and finish getting the mutts ready for school. Oldest mutt made fifth grade Glee Club yesterday, and they both like gymnastics, so let the activities begin! Also, I registered for college Tuesday--I'm going back to the local community college and get my medical transcription certificate--I want to work at home. My boss is taking it also, so we're going together; she has a teenager and a three year old, so we figure we'll suffer together with our busy schedules! But it should only take a year of courses since I already have a bachelor's degree. We'll see how good I do! It's been a long time since I was in college.
Love you all, and I'll try and get in sometime this weekend.
Sally
Old 08-22-2002, 09:22 AM   #10  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to everyone. Waiting on the school bus for my oldest and I am planning to get a trim this morning before going to work. Things are going great. The day job and the night job are working out. My Dh and grandma think I am going to kill myself working so much. But I don't think it is that crazy of a schedule. I go in to my day job at 11am, get out at 2pm, come home get things a little situated, greet the kids at the door, then leave at 3:30 pm for the evening job, clock in at 4pm, work until 11:30pm with breaks and dinner in between. I am up by 6am to see the kids off on the bus. It was hard in the beginning and now it seems to be getting better. DH says it will all catch up to me in a few days. I don't know?

I see everyone is doing well. That is great. That is good Starkeepr that you were able to land that insurance. I don't know much about home ins. since we rent this house from my parents. Marlana you are awesomely talented that is great. You learned that in a computer class? Wow I wish my teacher had taught me that. Shoot! I had to figure out how to use PowerPoint on my own because she ran out of teaching time. Sally going back to college after how many years? I am in college. I am going at a very slow pace though. I returned after many years and I was so scared the first semester. DH was totally against the thought of me going to school. I guess he was still in the frame of mind that his X-wife had left for him many years ago. She would go then drop out, also all she was doing was looking for other men to fool around with. So I had to fight tooth and nail to get myself back into college. But then really I just had to say "Well you know I don't need your signature to get enrolled and I don't need your support either." Because I knew I had qualified for financial assistance to pay my tuition. So it wasn't like I needed my husband to sign any checks or anything. NOW...I try to quit and he is like "OH no you don't. You're going to go and you're going to like it." It is funny how life seems to just make a full circle. So I am glad to say he is very supportive and loves me for the fact that I have proven myself in the most effective way...determination. Good Luck in your classes and learn to juggle would be my best advice. LOL Juggle kids, school, chores, work, and maybe a social life, heck maybe a breath or two if you're really good. hahahaha.

Many smiles to all of you throughout your day. bye.
Kina
Old 08-23-2002, 07:50 AM   #11  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I guess they aren't sending emails to let you know someone has wrote on the board, at least I haven't seen any. I'm about blind this morning, I've been working on one of my PI lessons for 3 hours. I like 5 and I'm through. I've been spending all my time trying to figure out which cell phone I want. I don't have a lot of choice where I live. Three is it. One of them seems to be pretty local and I've been warned time and time again not to choose them. The other two is Cellular1 and Cingular. I've had a Cellular1 phone out here and it don't work worth a darn. If I sign a contract with Cingular and bring their phone out here it will end up costing me 36.00 for nothing if it doesn't come in good. I may not be able to have a cell phone out here. We would like to have one when we travel. JUST WANT TO LET YOU ALL KNOW SKEETER IS REALLY SICK. She's gone to the doctor and is on pain meds. It's her sinus's.

Jo Jo~~ I hope you enjoy your week end gambling. Sure hope you win a bunch. That isn't one of my things, I want a sure thing. Well not really, we do fish a lot, that sure isn't a sure thing. Glad you got your insurance too, I know thats a relief off your mind. We are spending all our money on getting cars fixed is seem like to me. We spent 350.00 yesterday on the air on his car. Summer is almost over, but we figured we better get it done before we retire. Oh Lordie, you talked about food. I don't know how to fix the chicken or potatoes. Send me the instructions if you don't mind.

Sally~~Yes girlfriend it's still hot here. We are having cooler nights though. I would love to make your name for you. Know what, I don't have your email anymore. Maybe I can post it on the bottom of one of my post and you can copy it and file it that way. OK? I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Kina,Kina,Kina~~What are you thinking working so much. I know your young, but it will make you old before your time. No wonder your losing weight girl, you don't have time to eat. Lordi...I just read that your going to school too. Super Women. I hope you don't burn out. I've worked a lot myself, but mostly at home. I like doing my own thing here at home. I'm proud of you working on the next 10 pounds. You'll get there. I'm going to make you an avatar with your name too. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. I just don't want you to be left out.

Girls, I've got to run, I've got names to make. Have a good day, and get on a food plan and try to stay there. I said I would post the names I make on here. We'll see if I can. I talked to 2cute for about an hour yesterday and she told me that we could post gifs again.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:33 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Sally~~Here's your avatar. I had to make it twice. The first one was too big. You know how to right click and copy don't you? I had to try it out by changing my avatar and then when I went to put mine back in, it wouldn't take it...said it was too big this time. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 08-23-2002, 09:51 AM   #13  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Kina~~Here is your avatar. If it's a little bigger or smaller it's because of the name itself. If you don't know how to put it in. Ask! You don't have to use it unless you want too.
Old 08-23-2002, 03:48 PM   #14  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

I know it's been forever since I've visited, the new job got off to a slow start due to computer issues. But I've now gotten somewhat of a handle on things again. Besides it's Friday with less than an hour to go...The girl I'm to cover while she is on maternity leave is now out for about 2 weeks. The baby moved and she has a pinched nerve...my training isn't complete so I'm hoping she makes it back or this could be a disaster in the making. Although I'm glad I got this extension, the state budget here is really bad and the Governor announced the week a hiring freeze and possible lay-offs...so the all ready tight job market here in Richmond is getting worse.

Food has been good this past week and I'm back to exercising at lunch 3 to 4 days a week. I lost what I gained while I was at the Longaberger Bee so that's good. If I didn't tell you all, I had a GRAND time and came home with several awards. They really reward you for your accomplishments...something you don't get many places.

Jo Jo, glad to hear you finally got homeowners insurance again...who'd you end up with?

Sally, don't have to worry about me catching up with you now, if I ever get out of the 80's for good the best I'm looking at is the high 50's or low 60's...I'm just too tall for the 40's can't maintain it.

If anyone knows a good dance, can you start and have it directed to Virginia. We are now considered to be in an extreme drought and some areas have gone to mandatory water restrictions including no outside watering at all. I've noticed leaves turning already and some have just dried up and gone brown like the tree is dead. Acorn’s are falling that are not mature...it's going to be a ruff winter for the wildlife for sure. The only thing around here doing well is the mosquito with the West Nile Virus.

Well I have no idea how this will turn out as I've not really looked at the changes to the site yet...Hope everyone has a nice Weekend and will catch you later.

Marybeth
241/184.2/160
Old 08-25-2002, 01:27 AM   #15  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Default Thank You Marlana

Of course I am going to use it. It is beautiful. Thank you! You are just one of the smartest computer person I have ever met. That is great. I love it .

Wow did you see all these new smilies? I guess I have been lost in the loop for so long that I hadn't realized that life had been passing me by.

Oh gosh! We had potluck at work the other evening and I was so bad. But even worse is that this girl made some different colored pasta with chopped olives, chopped cucumbers and grated carrots then tossed in Italian dressing. :hypno2: OMG! I fell in LOVE. That pasta was to die for. I ended up taking all the left overs of it home and then practically ate all of it over a period of 2 days by myself ! I know I am going to have a hefty price to pay for that one. I haven't had any time to exercise so there is no way out for this one. It's going to be bad. O well I guess I just have to stand up, dust myself off, and don't look back

Well I am managing the 2 jobs quite well. I already bought my books for school and have started reading one of the books required for English. I am loving it. It is called "Nickel and Dimed on getting by in America" . The other one is "Hiroshima" I read that one back in High School, years ago. So I wasn't too interested in reading that one right away. Classes start September 3. I am looking forward to it. It is always exciting to get back into school until they start loading us with work...then the excitement just fizzles out.

I better go. Hello to all of you. and may you share many smiles with your loved ones tomorrow and everyday. Tomorrow (Sunday) will be my first day off since 2 weekends ago. What do you do on your day off? I don't know what that is anymore. It has been so long that I don't know what to do with my time . I think we are inviting my parents over for dinner since they help us out so much with the kids. I love my mom & dad. I thought I would share that with you all. Oh didn't I say I was going now! OOooops well talk later.

Corina
Closed Thread