Old 01-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247.6/241.0/224

Height: 5.8

Post Calories burned...

So I have been walking on the tredmill this week for 60 minutes and I have been keeping track of the amount of calories burned with the walk. I have found that in the beginning of the week I hit about 200 calories burned in an hour. But now that I am on the 4 day I noticed that I hit over 200 calories walking. I am pretty stedy at 2.2 miles an hour but find that I am losing more calories. Dont get me wrong that it is great but kind of weird.

I also noticed that it is easlier to do the walking all at once verses breaking it up. Yesterday i did 30 in the morning then in the late afternoon I did another 30 but in the afternoon it seemed to be harder to do. I didnt feel like I wanted to keep walking. I felt after about 10 minutes I should be done. Does anyone else have that problem working out later in the day verses the morning?

I will keep at it though and keep walking every day except sundays that day I give my body a rest. My next weigh in is saturday. Looking forward to seeing what the results will be.
flyingwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #2  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

The calories burned are just an estimate really so don't get your heart set on that number. The descrepency probaby has to do with your heart rate, if you are using the HRM feature.
If your just walking you don't really need to take day 7 off. Taking a day off is recommended for people who are doing strength training and cardio/aerobic level exercise. Making your 60 minutes of walking everyday a routine is great. I agree, I work out better in the morning, but rarely have time until the evening to get it done but I've noticed I can work longer and harder if I'm at the gym in the AM. Keep up that motivation, it sounds like you are doing great.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote