General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #1  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default from resolutions to rescue efforts

I gave up diet soda as a New Year's Resolution. I'm doing it for health reasons, not financial ones. Nevertheless, I am saving about $50/month off my grocery bill. (Did I mention that it was a bad habit?)

I've decided to donate $50, what I would have spent on diet soda in January, to the Red Cross to help with relief efforts in Haiti.

If you've also eliminated something from your diet, whether it's soda, a daily frappaccino at Starbucks, or a $4 dessert on your Friday night "cheat" meal, please consider joining me in donating the savings from January (or longer, if you feel so inclined) to a relief organization of your choice.

It's a little thing, to be sure, but if everyone does just a little thing, we can chip away at the big things.

be strong //
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #2  
Hoping for motivation

S/C/G: 267/258/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow that's a great idea. Good for you! Food for thought
DCeattle is offline   Reply With Quote