Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #1  
On my way!

S/C/G: 257.8/250.4/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Kim-a few questions about veggies

I have seen you mention a few times that you didnt count salad veggies very closely bc no one ever got fat eating too many salads. Im wondering how did you keep youself around the 20 carbs per day and not count veggies? If 12-15 carbs need to come from veg im just not sure how to count them. I agree with you by the way i cant imagine getting fat from too many veggies. Thx for your help.
katieloumagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieloumagoo View Post
I have seen you mention a few times that you didnt count salad veggies very closely bc no one ever got fat eating too many salads. Im wondering how did you keep youself around the 20 carbs per day and not count veggies? If 12-15 carbs need to come from veg im just not sure how to count them. I agree with you by the way i cant imagine getting fat from too many veggies. Thx for your help.
Hi Katieloumagoo,
Let me clarify that its not that I didn't count salad veggies persay...I didn't measure my portions of salad. Actually, I still don't. I eat large salads everyday for lunch and usually throw in some cooked or raw broccoli florets or some cooked green beans. If you are basically eating meat, eggs, a little cheese.....all of those are low carb so, the veggies & salads make up the majority of your total 20 carbs for the day. IMO, if you go over on veggies, I don't see it as anything detrimental since the first rung of the carb ladder on OWL is additional veggies.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-14-2010 at 11:07 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #3  
On my way!

S/C/G: 257.8/250.4/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks!
katieloumagoo is offline   Reply With Quote