Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:51 AM   #1  

Smile 2 years into my lifestyle change

Hello all, I am 39 and have pretty much struggled with my weight my whole life. It will be 2 years in Feb. that I finally "got it". After years of crazy diets and playing the yo yo game, I am now educated about how to change my lifestyle. It's never a diet! I have finally learned It's about eating right and exercising and it's for life.

Richard simmons sweating to the oldies is the exercise I started off with. When I first started I could could 5 to 10 minutes TOPS. I could feel my pulse racing in my ears and it was just a scary feeling. I couldn't use my arms and that really scared me, so I went to the Dr. to find out why when I tried to do the arm exercises they would tingle and just not feel right and the ears throbbing. He said to me "You use it or lose it" and you my dear have lost it. When he said those words my face got really hot and flush and I just couldn't believe the place I had let myself get to. He said take it slow and it will improve. Have patience and don't give up. In the past these reasons alone would have made me quit and revert back to who I had let myself become. This time it was different, some pictures I looked at was my wake up call and I knew I had to do this.

I started off at 214 and I am 5'6" and today I am 143. I did not quit and everyday I could do a little more of my videos and that was my motivation. It has took me 2 yrs to get where I am, but it was worth it. I still do the sweatin tot he oldies, but I also do the wii fit, weights and any exercise I can do in my schedule.

I watch everything I eat like a hawk. I eat chicken mostly and have learned how to get creative with cooking it. My favorite is I get the whole grain wraps and have it with chicken, lettuce and a little low fat shredded cheese. I gave up sweets for the first year. When I eat something sweet now it's ONE piece or a bite and it does me. It was not easy at first,but now it's just not something I even think twice about. Usually I do not even want it now. I have finally learned how to tell myself NO, stick to it and mean it.

Everything else is in moderation. Moderation is the key along with exercise. It took me this long to finally learn. Nothing comes fast and it takes effort, the want to do it, determination and the most important is PATIENCE. I was stuck on many platues, but I kept on. I learned that while I was on these the scale wasn't moving, but my inches were. I would feel a bone I had not felt in YEARS.

I am always looking for support, new ideas, recipes, and exercises. It seems this is a good place for that! Anyways if you have made it this far through my rambling, hello!

Karen~
Bluejelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #2  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

welcome and congrats at the sametime!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #3  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Come see us in the Maintainers Forum!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #4  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Welcome. See you in maintainers and around town...
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Karen!
WOW, congrats on all your success - you have evidently found what works for you and have stuck to it , making health your priority and not just a diet - good for you!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them, sharing your story and the lessons learned and giving support to those of us still on the journey. Try the Maintainers Section and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a constant source of inspiration.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote