Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Guilty Pleasure?

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasure?

northcarolina RN
01-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Is there one guilty pleasure that you have just not given up?? For me its Cream in my coffee. I only have one cup in the morning, but I just have to have cream in it. I have switched to a low fat version, but I can't do that Fat free one. It's just gross.:nono:

ThicknPretty
01-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Sweet Tea. I'm too southern to give it up and won't even consider it!

(Sweetened with sugar, yes)

alexandraT
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I agree with your North Carolina RN - I will not give up cream in my coffee! If I just use skim milk I need some sort of sweetener, but with the 1/2 and 1/2 I don't, and I'd rather incorporate a little more fat into my diet than sugar.

SkinnyGina
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
OMG I have a bunch its bad to admit :D but I try to get smaller portions when I do give into my guilty pleasures. I love chips (honey dijon by Kettle chips) but I buy the double serving bags and try to split them up.

northcarolina RN
01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
well, I glad to hear that I'm not the only one. and OMG, I got the sweet tea thing. I don't make it at home (cause every time I do, it tastes terrible) but I do get it out when I eat out.......oops

charlottekelsey
01-14-2010, 02:19 AM
peanut butter. i gave up chocolate because i cannot control it....peanut butter satisfies my sweet craving except for it is only for use in such small portions with oatmeal otherwise i screw over my intake so bad before it is even 9 am...i cannot tell you the number of times i'll just keep adding another tsp until BAM i've had about 3/4 the day's calories. im getting in the habit of taking a spoonful...and screwing up the jar before i think twice.

babygrant
01-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Tea with sugar and cream. I only have one cup in the morning. I was drinking it in the evening, but all day I would think about the tea. So now I drink it in the morning, it's gone and I'm happy! Then the rest of the day it's water.

squishysquirrel
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I have two. Love chips in icecream. For the chips, I buy the 50 count variety pack from Sam's and make sure I only have one individual size bag. As for the icecream, I love Skinny Cow. It's 140 calories with 1.5-2 grams of fat depending upon which one you get. Oh, not to mention that the icrecream sandwiches are delicious!

valley
01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Is there one guilty pleasure that you have just not given up?? For me its Cream in my coffee. I only have one cup in the morning, but I just have to have cream in it. I have switched to a low fat version, but I can't do that Fat free one. It's just gross.:nono:
yup, me too. I also have a whole tbl of sugar in mine, as well as half and half. I'm on weight watchers so its 2 points for my morning cup...but its the only thing that I allow myself thats not a lower version of full-fatted, low-sugar of something else. I think thats the way eating is meant to be...its ok to have a splurge (within reason), even once a day , as long as your overall eating habits are healthy. :)

sweetnlow28
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I still love my coffee mate but I use it in tea instead. I gave up drinking coffee when I quit smoking, I craved cigs so bad when I had a cup. I use more Splenda in my tea than I should but it does the trick :)

I also can't give up buttery popcorn. Plain air popped corn just tastes, well it tastes plain LOL. I try to go for smart pop microwave popcorn but I usually end up sharing a bag of the buttery kind with my hubby.