Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #1  
CMC

Default Hey

Just joined this forum.

I have recently lost 4 stone to bring me down to 13st. I have been maintaining that weight for 3 months now but I am hoping to get down to 10.5 eventually but Christmas was not good to me! I have put on 8lbs over the Christmas period so really need to get on track!! I'm from Ireland (Co. Antrim) and a student.

I am wondering if any of you have any experience with calorie counting? I have tried it in the past and I am fine with weighing portions etc but my short fall is with home made meals like soups, casseroles, curry (which I do quite often) in the evenings... how do you count for them?
CMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

I am not a calorie counter, but many here are, so I am sure you will get some good advice.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #3  
CMC

What weight loss method do you use? Calorie counting doesn't seem to work for me so I need to find something else.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

I use a meal delivery plan 5 days a week and count calories on the weekend. It has worked well for me so far. If I wasn't doing a meal delivery plan, I would probably be a calorie counter, though.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi CMC!
Congrats on all your success so far -the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the weight loss support forum and of course, the UK CHicks forum, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. There's info and first hand advice on just about every eating plan to help you choose the right one for you

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-13-2010 at 01:11 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #6  
here we go again

S/C/G: 154/145/126

Height: 5'4

hey CMC

I just wandered about this meal delivery plan and how it works? Is it quite cost efficient?

Im a student too and its soooo much harder to be on a diet as a student. Theres always nights out, the junk food, inconsistant schedules etc and obv. money is always a big issue. Ive been lucky to find a cheap gym (£20pcm - student discount) which is actually cheaper than my uni gym- but i have to be around chavs and steroid abusers lol.
cheercoach0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #7  
CMC

Hey, It wasn't me who mentioned the delivery plan, that was jrmohr. I understand what you mean - it's my varying schedule that puts me off track!! My gym is £15 a month but I've not signed up for membership just yet.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #8  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I am a calorie counter and I'm doing well with it. As for home made meals, what we do is count as we gather the ingredients and once we total them we calculate the calories per serving. There is also a web site www.caloriecount.com that you can get help determining the number of calories that are in the meal.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote