Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6

Default Pregnant - Don't know how much to eat

I am 8 weeks pregnant and I'm not sure how much I should be eating. I do eat when I am hungry, but this week I seem to be getting hungry all the time. Here is what I ate today:

B - 2 C cheerios with 1 C soy milk, small juice box
L- lean cuisine chicken meal, yogurt, banana, 100 calorie pack
S- pear
S- granola bar
Dinner - planning to eat turkey breast with mashed potatoes

I've been doing weight watchers for so long that it's been hard for me to know how to plan meals now that I am not trying to lose. Obviously I don't want to gain too much either. I will have to talk to my Dr. about it, but my next appointment isn't for two weeks, so I thought you guys might have some advice...
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Of course talk to your own Dr, but mine recommended around 2000 calories for me (which I translated to 40 points.)
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I eat about 2,200-2,400 calories each day (20 weeks, single baby). I'm 5'5 and now 134lbs (starting 123lbs). I exercise 1-2 hours per day (like I did before).

Generally, you need about 300 calories extra in the 2nd tri (I'm not sure about 3rd tri).

Just gauging from your meal plan, I don't think that's enough for a preggo girl. However, the 1st tri is really variable with weight gain. Many girls lose a lot of weight because of sickness, some gain a lot because of cravings.

Eat to be comfortable. If you want more, have more. You might find it helps your stomach too.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote