Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #1  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

Default surgery question!

hi all! as you may or may not have read, i'm going in for surgery on my leg--a procedure called a fasciotomy--on thursday, and i am hoping for some advice from others who have undergone surgery while on plan. did you find that eating OP slowed your recovery at all? did your doctors recommend adding any calories or types of food? i'm just hoping to make a plan of attack. thanks in advance for any advice!
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

I had my gall bladder taken out. I stopped taking the MRC6 and all of the supplements the week before. I had a meal replacement shake after surgery and some HNS later that night and was back to eating normal the next day. Everything went well until 2 days after surgery when I had complications (not due to food) and ended up back in the hospital. They wouldn'tg let me eat for 24 hrs and then put me back on a clear diet, then a normal diet later that day. I chose healthy food that was still OP (chicken, veggies, sugar free jell-o) that the hospital served. The week after the operation I didn't really lose the weight I gained from the operation, literally 10 lbs of water (I weighed myself right before surgery and right after.) One week after I dropped 6 lbs. You can stay OP or at least make healthy food choices. Don't let the procedure be a reason to cheat or go overboard. You can do it!
E4FEwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3''

I just had that surgery in Dec. Its not so bad! My doctor kept my foot numb for 24 hours and that was awesome. It went so much better. My only issue now (5 weeks after) is that I feel like me arch is flat now. Sometimes I stretch my foot out and I can still tell where they cut it.

I was not doing MRC then but basically I stayed off my foot for like 4 days or so and my mom was here taking care of me. I don't think you will have any issues with food. I would ask the dr though, he never asked me about my diet.

I would love to hear how it is going for you just so I have someone to compare to!

Good luck
Cassondra00 is offline   Reply With Quote