General Diet Plans and Questions - 9 pounds in 9 days with Fat Smash

View Full Version : 9 pounds in 9 days with Fat Smash

DEDIKAYTED
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM
I did Fat Smash a few months ago, lost my 9 pounds in phase 1 and went to EXTREME and lost more. I went on a muscle building program for a little while and have definitely made some change in my body, but though I gained muscle, I gained a little fat too..but that was to be expected.

As of late, my appetite has been a little out of control, so I am going to restart Phase 1 to DETOX and get my appetite/cravings in check...and to lose some of this weight. I always get all my exercise in and still do moderate weight training..

So.. here is to Day 1!

My Weight as of today? 151.0 Goal: 142.

I'm going to do it! I'm really pumped and will post daily to be accountable.

DEDIKAYTED
01-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Tuesday Day 1 - 151lbs.... Down hill from here baby! I think I can make it into the 140's by tomorrow!

Gym - 30 minute jog. 15 minute walk incline

7am - Meal 1
1/4 cup oats w/ 3/4 cup frozen peaches
1 apple & 1/4 grapefruit

Between Meal: unsweetened peppermint tea

10am - Meal 2
1 cup bean (lima and black)
tomato/cucumber/onion mixture
lettuce
Walden Farms 0 Everything dressing
1/2 cup egg whites

1pm - Meal 3
1 cup 0% Fage yogurt plain no sweetener
1 apple & 1/4 grapefruit
1/4 cup puffed rice

Between Meal: unsweetened peppermint tea

4pm - Meal 4
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup frozen peach slices

7pm - Meal 5

broiled brocolli spears
cherries
2% Fage unsweetened

Red Diablo
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Good luck! It sounds like you already have the motivation to do it, so I'm sure it will be easier than you think! I've been doing the 4 day diet since last Monday. I lost 5 lbs in the first phase-4 day detox. Then I took Fri, Sat, and Sun off from following the required foods lists--and I still lost 2 lbs over the weekend just from watching what I eat and going to the gym for 2 hours on Sat. Now I'm on Day 2 of Phase 2, and I'm another .6 lbs down from yesterday morning. So, a grand total of 7.6 lbs in 8 days. Wooohooo! I gotta try not to get on the scale every morning...BUT its a great motivator for the day when I see even just a .6 drop!

DEDIKAYTED
01-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I am a daily weigher as well. Congrats on the loss so far! ..Just a few ounces away from 8 pounds in 8 days is AWESOME! Keep it up! Keep pushing!!!

Weighing daily is not that bad, you just have to be able to handle fluctuations.. But more importantly, it keeps me from waking up one day wondering how the heck I put on 25 pounds. As soon as I see it going in the wrong direction, I'd tighten up my diet. Period.

Yes, I am very motivated about this round of fat smash. I'm hoping to see great progress by Sunday! Around this weight, every pound makes a huge difference on me, so I am super-exited to shed them!

Scatterheart
01-12-2010, 05:24 PM
I started fat smash ten days ago, was doing really well, but then fell off entirely. I think the reason I didn't stay determined throughout was that I was not working out and I wasn't giving myself enough of the allowed foods.

I decided to start again today, too. I'll try and check in with you each day if I can! Your plan for the day looks perfect. We can do this!

My day:

Water: one gallon (5 bottles @ 710mL each) :dancer:
Meal no. 1: a cup of yogurt and an apple :dancer:
Meal no. 2: an apple and a tangerine :dancer:
Meal no. 3: chickpea and eggplant casserole (so delicious) :dancer:
Meal no. 4: a cup of yogurt and a tangerine :dancer:

Meal no. 5: a vegetable stirfry with beans and steamed broccoli
Meal no. 6: a fruit smoothie
Workout: Day 1, Level 1 of the 30 Day Shred

P.S. :dancer: = complete

Stay strong!

DEDIKAYTED
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Hello!! I am glad you joined! Yes, we can do this and will do this! I just remembered that when I was around this weight is when I switched to the Extreme Version (which is harder).. I think I am going to switch to that as of tomorrow. There is more exercise involved and the food is strict, but I want to just do the strictest possible to get the weight off now!

I didn't get back to the gym this evening. I actually like going to the gym, but sometimes its just so hard finding enough time in the day to do EVERYTHING! So I came home to prepare some more beans and veggies for the rest of the week. Got my Extreme book back out.. so this is great! Technically, I had been doing the Regular Smash since Friday... starting at 154...but just starting journaling today... so I was going to extend it another 9 days. Monday weighed in at 148 and then today 151.. what a bounce.. but I understand how the body holds water, etc... so I know that the bottom line is - the scale is moving in the right direction. I'll see what things look like (as far as weight is concerned probably Friday morning.

Let me go and re-read the Extreme book again to get myself ready to be super strict. I think I don't need the freedom of unlimited anything (including beans) at this stage... so EXTREME it is!

Thanks for being my Fat Smash buddy!

DEDIKAYTED
01-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Oh yes! I am glad that I switched to this one already! I forgot that I have more protein on the Extreme (like Whey shakes) and I want that to keep the muscle that I have worked so hard to get pumping iron! So this is good. I am glad I did the regular version for a few days though because I was kind of tired of eating meat! I just couldn't stomach it! I will still journal everything as well.

Ahhh and the beloved 2-a day cardio sessions! Oh yes, now I remember!

Ok. off to read the rest and see exactly how my weight moved the last time. I have to try to get the most weight off as I can before the 29th because I am due to start a new workout plan which will require me to eat a certain way but for now... this is still the way to go because I need to work through these food demons. I think this will be good to set me up for my new plan. My body needs this detox. I wasn't eating Bad foods prior to this but just too much of good foods (peanut butter and nuts)...which still can result in more intense cravings.. and when I see that happening... I quickly stop that cycle!

DEDIKAYTED
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Today, Wednesday, January 13th

Tuesday 151
Wednesday: 148.4!!!!

Ok, so I am happy to be back in the 140's and DO NOT want to see the 15's again! No way!!! I am pumped and will keep my motivation high. My weight is going to move down, down, downhill from here!

Alright. No work for me today.. Slept in LATE! Went to the gym late this morning.... and now just eating my first meal at 1pm.. But sometimes you just need to let the body rest....and your mind too ;)

So anyway... Cardio. Walked on the Incline Trainer for 85minutes. Switched Day 1 and 2 around. The book suggests that you start the program on whatever day that makes your 2-a day session on the weekend. I just decided to swap Day 1 with Day 2 so I will follow the meal and exercise still by the book. So today is supposed to be 75 minutes of cardio...broken down into 2 sessions 40 minute & 35 minute...or something like that but you can see that I already did more than I needed.. so anyway, I will probably still go back later and hit another session (probably a little weigh training session) and then that's it.

(Menu from Cycle 1 Day 2)

Meal 1
6 oz - 2% Greek Yogurt
1 mango and 25 cherries

Meal 2
1/2 cup beans
4oz chicken
lettuce / fresh tomato cucumber salad w/ Walden Farms 0 Everything Dressing
*Combo of meal 2 and 3 because since I woke up late I dont have enough time to get all the meals in and since I burned 1000 calories this morning in the gym... Gotta eat! :)

Snack
1/2 (3oz)Greek yogurt
1 tsp flax
mango & 20 grapes

Gym: 35 minutes - Upper Body weight training

Meal
2 Protein Pancakes: whey & egg whites
1/2 cup brocooli

Scatterheart
01-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Dedikayted you are indeed! Congrats on the loss! Woo! Youre doing great, amazing how much exercise you are getting in. I need to keep on top of that myself. Keep it up!

Im down too, from 215.8 to 214.6 - so a little over a pound already so far :)

Just wanted to update quickly (not a lot of time on the computer today): I did stick to everything I said yesterday, including day one of the 30 day shred - which totally kicked my *** (surprising for a cardio dvd) I need to get some weights so I can do it more fully, I also want to get to the actual gym sometime soon, too. At least I have a home workout option for days as busy as these have been.

So, today:

745am, meal no. 1: real oatmeal :dance:
1045am, meal no 2: an apple and a yogurt cup :dance:
1245 am, meal no 3: chickpea and eggplant casserole :dance:

Should have eaten at 345, but a work meeting went late.

Tonight:
Day 2 of the 30 day shred - right when I get home
Meals at 6pm and 9pm - will update when I know what they are.

I want to keep our scales going down! :D

DEDIKAYTED
01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Scatterheart! You are doing well! Glad you got in the 30 day shred! That's great! I know that those videos are no joke. As long as you get that exercise in...that's all that matters! I just keep telling myself that I want to be as effective as I can during this time. If I am going to be devoted to eating this way, I want the MOST progress that I can get. So I make sure I work that body!!! Never sell myself short! Plus, I have an office job, so the most physical activity I get is when I am in the gym --- so my body definitely needs it!

Well, I am on here deciding now what my workout is going to be.

... Almost time to get my clothes on to go in for Workout #2! :)

Let's Keep Those Pounds Dropping!!!!

Let's Get The Most That We Can Out of This Next Week!

Get Hype!! :)

DEDIKAYTED
01-14-2010, 07:33 AM
sitting here drinking my coffee that Extreme allows (thank you).

Planned meals for today (will update if they change):

Meal 1 will be:
Egg whites & apple

Snack
Fiber One, grapes, Fat Free/Lowcarb Calorie Countdown Milk

Meal 2
salad w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion
Walden Farms Dressing

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans (lima/black)
2 brocolli

At work early today, so will get my 60 minutes of cardio in once I get off today! Woohoo! Go DOWN SCALE!!!!!

Scatterheart
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
You're doing great! 60 minutes of cardio is intense, but it will certainly pay off. It looks like your diets perfect too.

Its day 4 and I'm still going strong. Down to 213 this morning, that's 2.8 pounds in three days. I just want it to continue. Ive done three days of the 30 day shred, and stuck to fat smash (except for coffee! haha) Ive been super busy these past couple days, I don't even really have time to be typing this right now, but I will keep checking in over the weekend.

Weekends are always the most difficult for me in terms of sticking with it. I have to be on top of it.

Lets keep those numbers dropping!!!

DEDIKAYTED
01-15-2010, 05:31 PM
ITS FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY!!!!!!!

Things are going well. Dragged myself to the gym LATE last night to get my 60 minutes of cardio in... Boy, I did not want to do it. I love going to the gym in the morning.. not so much at night but I didn't want my exercise to get behind. NO WAY! I am in it to WIN it! I will weigh again this Sunday more than likely. I want to see GREAT things too when I do weigh on Sunday, so I must give it my all - and that is EXACTLY what I plan to do! UP late last night cleaning the house...so got a LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE start today.... but the first thing I did was throw on my workout clothes to complete the exercise....Actually did 70 minutes of cardio on the Incline Trainer. Should see some great drops in the scale very soon! By Sunday or Monday I am going to see a GREAT number on the scale - I am promising myself!

Well, let me go get a couple bottles of water in. Feeling thirsty. Will check in later

Meal 1
Yogurt & 2 mangoes

Meal 2

DEDIKAYTED
01-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Scatterheart!

I am so happy the scale is moving in the right direction for you as well! Stay strong this weekend and be REWARDED with another drop!

Stay focused! Just remember that you can be just THAT MUCH CLOSER TO YOUR GOAL!!!!

PUSH IT!

DEDIKAYTED
01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Still here! Still pushing it.

Cardio - 60 minutes & Upper Body weight training

Will weigh in on Monday! ;)

tryinghardtolose
01-16-2010, 09:12 PM
This is sooooo inspiring! :D Just finishing up my first day.

I opted out of the 55 minutes of exercise for 10 minutes of strenuous dancing due to the fact that I was running errands with my sister. I found my food to be pretty bland, especially my frozen spinach. I was a little afraid to season it, I didn't want to go over board. My energy was pretty steady and I decided to eat (3) pickle slices throughout the day to assuage any hungry pangs.

For my snack I had two graham crackers (beds) twice 5 hours from each other.

Tomorrow I plan on including my exercise (in full force.) My family made fun of me throughout the day because of the type of food I was eating. I told them it should get better with time considering Day 1 has the most "non-exciting" choice of foods.

Lastly, my grocery bill was $145 for two weeks worth of food. Although I'm sure I over did it and purchased food for three weeks or more.

My cheat moment: Which really isn't a cheat, however I know I'll be up quite late so instead of having two servings of veggies for Meal # 4 I had one, and will save the other incase I get a little hungry later, it's only 8:12m (EST) now. :^:

DEDIKAYTED
01-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Tryinghardtolose,

Looks like you are doing great with your meals. The food is a little strict, maybe even a boring to some, but as long as you're losing...then GREAT! Get the exercise in and you are golden!

I am just checking in now before I go to the gym. My sleep has been horrible lately. Got a new friend (blush) and we have been saying up all night onthe phone. I must get my sleep in though because when I don't my weightloss temporarily stalls. So I must get my sleep in tonight!

Off to do my cardio! Will check in later.

tryinghardtolose
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Tryinghardtolose,

Looks like you are doing great with your meals. The food is a little strict, maybe even a boring to some, but as long as you're losing...then GREAT! Get the exercise in and you are golden!

I am just checking in now before I go to the gym. My sleep has been horrible lately. Got a new friend (blush) and we have been saying up all night onthe phone. I must get my sleep in though because when I don't my weightloss temporarily stalls. So I must get my sleep in tonight!

Off to do my cardio! Will check in later.

Thanks! :D I just finished my cardio (26 minutes) going later to finish the last four minutes, and additional 30 minutes.

I also have a new friend and we are bad with the phone. We stay on the phone until 4am at moments and I then have to get up at 8am.

I told him I can no longer to that. I was in the bed by 9pm last night. ;)

DEDIKAYTED
01-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Tryinghardtolose,

Its great having a friend, but BOY... between trying not to go out to eat/drink and staying up all night... I dont know what I'm going to do! Haha..
I will learn to balance it out though. :)

Completed 55 minutes of cardio. Got it in, but was really fighting for every minute of it. Sweat like a dog but I think the lack of sleep made me want to get the heck out of there!

Have a get together to go to tonight at one of my best friend's house. Gosh, I hate to be a bummer, but I hate when stuff like this comes up when I am on a strict plan! I know he's going to have some bbq, probably mac and cheese, chips, cookies, and all the works, but I am just going to have to kindly say no and focus on having a good time without feeding my face! It will be hard, but I will reminding myself how empowered I will feel if I leave out of there without endulging in the forbidden foods! What I think I will do is go ahead and bring a bottle of wine with me. You can have 2 glasses a week on Extreme. I would rather have something that I know I can have then worry about drinking sugar filled pomegranate martinis that he makes! :)

..The life of a dieter!

I will get lean, I will get lean!

tryinghardtolose
01-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Tryinghardtolose,

Its great having a friend, but BOY... between trying not to go out to eat/drink and staying up all night... I dont know what I'm going to do! Haha..
I will learn to balance it out though. :)

Completed 55 minutes of cardio. Got it in, but was really fighting for every minute of it. Sweat like a dog but I think the lack of sleep made me want to get the heck out of there!

Have a get together to go to tonight at one of my best friend's house. Gosh, I hate to be a bummer, but I hate when stuff like this comes up when I am on a strict plan! I know he's going to have some bbq, probably mac and cheese, chips, cookies, and all the works, but I am just going to have to kindly say no and focus on having a good time without feeding my face! It will be hard, but I will reminding myself how empowered I will feel if I leave out of there without endulging in the forbidden foods! What I think I will do is go ahead and bring a bottle of wine with me. You can have 2 glasses a week on Extreme. I would rather have something that I know I can have then worry about drinking sugar filled pomegranate martinis that he makes! :)

..The life of a dieter!

I will get lean, I will get lean!

I'm sure you will stick in there. I know it can be quite hard with temptation all around you.

I finished the 35 minutes of cardio today (total of 61 minutes.) My second day on EFS wasn't as bad as I thought.

My problem is taste. Today I decided to "mix" it up a little. I took the chicken from Meal # 4 and combined it with my salad, and exchanged it for rice with beans (instead of the chicken and beans) for Meal # 3. Leaving me with just three servings of veggies for my final meal which should be fun :D

Going out with friends [who aren't dieting] definitely requires disciple. I explained to family and friends that for the next three-six months I will not attend any functions that involves drinking and heavy eating. The drinking part isn't hard for me due to the fact that I rarely drink. However the food.... lmao.

The pickles are helping a lot. Glad I have a "free" snack to eat should I get hungry in between meals.

Well much support to you!!! :carrot:

SandyJas
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Great job on Fat Smashin it. I want to post my progress with Fat Smash here, but am a little afraid to get criticized because I am not following it to the letter. I started on on Extreme, then realized I wanted more meals, so went back to regular. I lost weight!

1/10/10 - 162
1/17/10 - 157

Sandy

DEDIKAYTED
01-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Sandy... post away! No criticism here. Everyone is different and if something is working for you - then why should anyone else be concerned that you aren't doing it to the letter. The book gives a guidance, but it is always great to be able to just be educated enough to do a Fat-Smash style way of eating and still get progress. The foods that are included in the book aren't magical foods...and by no means the only foods that will allow you to lose weight. So if you are able to take the concept and still work the plan, then by all means WORK IT :) !!! You are doing a great job!

DEDIKAYTED
01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Party last night -- I ate off plan. I had only one meal before leaving for the party. Brought my mangoes though, brought my own wine... so I tried to be somewhat prepared.. but I should have brought some veggies, egg whites, beans...something!

Stayed out late and did not weigh this morning! I must get my sleep together. I will weigh in some time or another this week. may not be until Friday becase I go back to work tomorrow.. and I hate weighing at 4 in the morning. I still consider that "night" weight! LOL!

Anyway, keep pushing everyone. Its late.. I have not been to the gym yet. Actually, I was going to take a rest day (which is hard for me to do). We'll see. I think I will go ahead and get a nap in and then later tonight I still may go. I dont know. I better rest though because I don't want to keep any bloat on me.

I just boiled some chicken breast and I think I may pick up some of those ready to eat brown rice cups for the week. Pure laziness but whatever... its good for on-the-go eating. I think I have enough yogurt and apples for the rest of the week. I gotta go and check out the menus for the upcoming days.

Will check back!

Keep up the motivation!

DEDIKAYTED
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Let me do a quick log in of my meals

Meal 1
0% fat Greek yogurt & 1 cup strawberries

Meal 2
lettuce/tomoato/cucumber salad w/ 0 Walden Farms Dressing

Snack: (wondered why I was so hungry and figured out I missed my meal 2 earlier
1 apple & 1 cup Fiber One
.25 cup Barley Oats

Meal 3
1/2 cup beans

Snack 2
yogurt

Meal 4
couple ounces of chicken breast
small salad

Cardio - 85 minutes.. until the treadmill indicated 1000 calories burned.

DEDIKAYTED
01-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Trying to give up coffee again. I need to do it anyway because the new plan that I will be on will not include any creamer, and I WILL NOT drink my coffee black.

So right now.. sipping on unsweetened peppermint tea. :(

Meal 1 - trying not to start eating until 8am
1/2 cup oatmeal
peaches

Meal 2
Yogurt
Strawberries

Meal 3
salad - lettuce/tomato/cucumber/onion/beets
1/2 of 0% Greek Yogurt with 0 calorie Rasp Vinagrette mixed for dressing

Meal 4??

Will update the exercise later.

Only have 10 days left to continue this style eating... so I want to lose as much as possible. Keep pushing!!!

tryinghardtolose
01-20-2010, 07:27 PM
This is great!!! In five days I lost seven pounds, hoping to lose ten in the next two weeks (that's when I'll finish phase 1 on the EFS)!

I was feeling down today, didn't want to work out BUT stepping on the scale gave me motivation. This is AWESOME!!!

SandyJas
01-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Clap clap clap. Nice going, Tryinghardtolose, what a feeling, eh? Dedikayted, great job! But why try to not eat until 8 a.m.? The idea is not to starve yourself, right?

After my 5 pound loss last week, I snuck a peek at the scale, and in 3 days, the scale has not moved at all. Not surprising, so I shouldn't be upset, although a teensy weensy part of me wants to keep losing 5 pounds a week! I actually would be thrilled with 2 pounds a week. I think I am eating too much, but I am not going to change anything until after Sunday weigh in. I am on Phase 2 now, and may need to go back to Phase 1.
Sandy

tryinghardtolose
01-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Clap clap clap. Nice going, Tryinghardtolose, what a feeling, eh? Dedikayted, great job! But why try to not eat until 8 a.m.? The idea is not to starve yourself, right?

After my 5 pound loss last week, I snuck a peek at the scale, and in 3 days, the scale has not moved at all. Not surprising, so I shouldn't be upset, although a teensy weensy part of me wants to keep losing 5 pounds a week! I actually would be thrilled with 2 pounds a week. I think I am eating too much, but I am not going to change anything until after Sunday weigh in. I am on Phase 2 now, and may need to go back to Phase 1.
Sandy

I'm on my way to work at 8am, I don't have a blender at work and my roommate and I share the blender so that means my smoothies have to be made in the morning before work (so it becomes my Meal # 1).

I've never tried making more than enough and freezing until the next day, not sure how that would taste.

The hunger develops more so when I work out in the morning. However I prefer to work out in the morning because my energy is HIGH, after work I'm exhausted. I don't want to risk the possibility of me "skipping" my workout.

I'll try to figure something out with my eating schedule. :dizzy: Having dinner at 5pm isn't that bad especially if I go to bed at 8pm or 9pm (just means I have to cut out my talking on the phone, which I have.)

thePetNanny
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
What is fatsmash? Is it a book or paid program? Thanks!

Red Diablo
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I've been doing the 4 day diet--just finished my 3rd week. However, I haven't followed it to the T. I've been strict, but I just made my own improvisations for what was going to work best for me. As of today (my "official" weigh in day) I'm down 9 lbs!! Woohooo!

You are supposed to do each of the 7 phases in days of 4 consecutively. There are specific foods you need to eat each day in each phase. Since its hard for me to eat those specific foods on the weekends, I've just been going to the gym, cheating a wee little bit (a girls gotta live! haha), and being careful of what I ate. Also, I did the first phase (detox) then I went to phase 2, and then just finished doing phase 1 again. I actually liked the detox phase, and I like to put the stricter phase in between each of the other phases. For me, this is working great! I couldn't be happier to lose 9 lbs in 3 weeks and in a way that didn't really seem all too much like "dieting"! I highly recommend this for anyone!

tryinghardtolose
01-22-2010, 05:29 PM
What is fatsmash? Is it a book or paid program? Thanks!

Fat Smash is a Diet and lifestyle change formulated by Dr. Ian Smith (Celebrity Fit Club).

Google Fat Smash, unfortunately because I'm new I can't post urls (links).

misskitty
01-23-2010, 09:32 PM
you guys are doing so well!! i did the detox of FS, lost 5.5 in the 9 days, then didn't go off of it (a mistake?) into phase II and gained 2.5.:( i had great results when i did this two years ago. but i am older and pre-menopausal - i hope that won't be my life statement when i'm 80 yrs old!

suggestions are welcomed.

PS, how do i get the weight tracker to go on with my posts?

thanks everyone! fingers crossed, legs pumping on the treadmill, fridge closed. :p

thePetNanny
01-23-2010, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=tryinghardtolose;3110874]Fat Smash is a Diet and lifestyle change formulated by Dr. Ian Smith (Celebrity Fit Club).

Thank you, I'll def check it out..

tryinghardtolose
01-25-2010, 05:18 PM
I ate Wendy's (Saturday) and a candy bar yesterday. But I walked two miles to get the Wendy's LMAO! I felt bad cheating, but I hopped back on the diet today.

My co-workers are saying I'm their inspiration! That really is my motivation as I've been tempted to "give up." I fight with my self daily, but I know it's worth the fight.

I'm confused though, my scale reflects 290 however I weighed myself three days ago I was 312 there is no way I could have lost that much weight.

I'm going to weigh myself at the gym. I cleaned out myself with Super Dieter's Tea (and YES IT WORK eck!) the days I had that junk...I'm going to do one last "cleansing" tonight with the tea.

I'm starting Cycle 2 and so far so good!

mermaid1
01-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I am getting ready to get serious on either fatsmash or extreme fatsmash and could use some buddies. Does anyone want to start fatsmash and compare notes and such? I want to lose 30 lbs.

DEDIKAYTED
01-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I ventured off from Fat Smash ... doing my own thing, but my new plan which is mostly vegetarian is derived from fat smash. If you are starting, I can help support you along the way. Just either post here or start a new thread and I will check in with you. No problem. I know the plan and can give you tips. I would recommend starting with original and see how that works for you before doing Extreme.

Good luck!!

mermaid1
01-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi there, thanks for the 411 and support. A few questions: I am a coffee drinker and CANNOT drink it black, but I have no problem drinking it with skim milk. On the fastsmash, can I drink coffee and use some of my allotment of skim milk for coffee? I really cannot give up my coffee. Period. Even for 7 days or whatever I just don't want to do it. I can do everything else on that diet though -- I like egg whites, brown rice, beans, etc. fruit veggies....yogurt and oatmeal....My problem is with coffee and also I use stevia sometimes. What is your take on the coffee and the stevia sweetener part of it? I may do the extreme smash whenever I get the book from amazon. My goal is to lose 30 lbs as quickly and as healthily as I can. Working out I normally do anyway so I just have to step it up a bit.

Let me know and thanks,!!!!:):)

DEDIKAYTED
01-01-2011, 10:58 PM
Coffee!!!

I laughed when I read your post because I never wanted to give up coffee either. Yea, I did it when I chose to do Fatsmash the first time but guess what??? If I ever did it again, I wouldn't give up my coffee either. I believe that if you use skim milk and stevia, you will be fine. I honestly thing that its easier for Dr. Ian to just say NO coffee because there are so many ways that people drink their coffee that if you let it be one of the "allowed" foods....people can easily get the wrong impression and the next thing you know they are drinking flavored creamers that are full of sugar or coffee drinks from Starbucks that are full of fat/sugar/.. The bottom line is - its just easy for people to think that they are drinking an innocent cup of JOE when they are really downing 100-200 calories per cup.

AND for the fact that the first 9 days are supposed to be detox... and all detox plans try to get people off sugar, caffeine, junk food etc.

However, I believe that detoxing off of caffeine is not a huge deal unless it tends to make you hungry (which is never does to me).

Have your coffee. But follow everything else on the plan. Its not going to kill your weightloss. I went back and did the Orignal a couple of times, and I remember adding the coffee and it was fine.

OH! Not to mention on the EXTREME FATSMASH he allows a cup of coffee a day anyway, so I didn't feel bad about having my coffee on the original version.

The bottom line is - you have to make the plan work for you. :)

P.S. I drink my coffee almost everyday now and I dont ever plan to give it up again..unless I just dont want it anymore... Coffee actually HELPS me through my journey. It acts as an appetite suppressor for me and in the morning, it helps hold me off until I am ready to eat my first meal.

Ok. I guess I've rambled enough!!

mermaid1
01-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Allrighty then. I am happily sipping my java with skim. I used to do 1/2 and 1/2 and finally realized that I was adding hundreds of calories a day (I like my coffee lite). It took years to get me off half and half. I'm one of those that has to hit my head against the wall, like until its oozing blood and then I still go back and do it again.

Do you like EFS or FS better? Which one did you lose more weight on? What is the most weight you have ever lost on one of these initial phases?
What's your favorite exercise to wipe away the calories? Is that your favorite diet?

Thanks,

Leslie

This is day number 2 but I actually forgot to weigh in yesterday so I am officially starting today.....184, 5'9" girl, size 10. Picture one of those bottecello photos and you pretty much got me.....goal 30 lbs. I was at 156 around 10 yrs ago and I looked great, size 6

DEDIKAYTED
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Do you like EFS or FS better?

I liked both, actually. I liked that I did lose the 9 pounds on the original fat smash. I was ecstatic that it finally got me out of the 150's ( a place where I had been stuck for years).

After I did the detox and lost that weight, I didn't want to plateau and I already workout so I was ready to tackle extreme. You have to be ready for that plan though because he tells you exactly what to eat for 3 weeks and exactly how much exercise you need. It can be a little hard for some but because I was just cooking for me and I had total freedom of my time - I just worked the plan!!!! Believing that I was going to lose the 12 pounds Dr. Ian promised just motivated the heck out of me. The lightest that I got down to was 142 and that is the smallest I have been in my adult life.. So that was grrreat! I owe it all to the plan. :)

The things I eat now are pretty much fat smashable foods, I just dont make myself eat certain things on certain days. I actually up'd my cardio even further for a few weeks to get things going again. So now, I just try to keep my calories low /exercise high and so far so good.

Jogging is what really pushes my weight down the fastest. Right now I have been doing elliptical, walking, and jogging but I really want to do some more longer distance jogging again. I used to jog 3-4 miles at a time. Recently I have been mixing it up.. Some jogging, some incline walking, speed walking, sprinting, etc. But I really want to get in a 30 minute run in the mornings like I used to do. Its time for me to change up again to shock my body so I've been thinking of what I am going to do next. Getting under 145 is my top priority right now...

P.S - I love fat smash