Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Default Book Suggestions?

I started reading "The Weight Loss Diaries" by Courtney Rubin at the beginning of last week to get me motivated and ready for this journey. I have flown through the book and found it to be so helpful. Not only is it nice being reassured that I'm not the only one out there who struggles with my weight and food (thanks also to you wonderful 3FC members!) but it made me look at my weight loss differently than ever before. It's not all about the scale from week to week...as much as it feels like it...it's about learning how to take control, learning how to love and accept ourselves, learning how to get back up when we fall, learning how to commit to treating ourselves better for life.

Unfortunately, the book is now over and I'm looking for another book to inspire me as I head into week 2. Do any of you have any suggestions for motivating and/or inspiring books?
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #2  
Motivated for 2010!!

S/C/G: 245/175/120

Height: 5'4"

I will have to check out that book! I liked the book, 'Half-Assed: A weight Loss Memoir'. It is funny and inspiring!
LizJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I've only read half to 3/4 of it -- but I enjoyed The End of Overeating. The reason I found it inspiring is because it talks about how food is manipulated to exploit the weaknesses in our body chemistry.

Basically, it's really odd to read about food execs talking about trying to get you to eat their stuff and knowing that extra sugar, fat and salt will do it.

Also -- never finished (I'm awful at that sometimes) -- but Jillian Michaels Master your Metabolism was also really interesting.

Last edited by chickiegirl; 01-11-2010 at 05:09 PM.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote