100 lb. Club - Not weigh?!

View Full Version : Not weigh?!

LizJ
01-11-2010, 04:51 PM
I am one of those compulsive weighers and sometimes I get really hung up on the number on the scale. I am thinking of challenging myself to stick to my diet and exercise and not weight myself for a month. I am wondering if maybe that will help me to just mellow out and not constantly think about my diet, weight loss etc. Is there anyone who has done this?!

Gracie789
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Weighing vs. Not Weighing really depends on the person. I didn't weigh myself for several months after I started my lifestyle change. It really worked for me because I able to focus on getting healthy rather than the numbers on the scale. Plus, when I hopped on the scale for the first time it was a giant woosh (I lost a lot more weight than I predicted), and I was extra motivated because I did so much better than I thought. Not weighing myself really worked for me...of course I now weigh myself daily (I'm pretty much obsessed with my scale, lol). Good luck! :)

marigrace
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
I am reluctant to dish out advice on this topic...because everyone is so different. For me it is better to not weigh often. I don't own a scale, because in the past it made me so nuts, that I lost it. I have been using a friend's from time to time just to check that I am not off track. The way I know if I am doing well is to stay vigilant with calorie counting. I have joined that 2010 Challenge, though so I will be weighing in once a month for that.

Amber1011
01-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Personally, I have to weigh often because if I don't I'll lose track. Weighing keeps me in line.

matt_H
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
BTW, there is another active thread on this very same topic :)

If daily or even weekly weighing causes you problems, you should definitely weigh less often. I like to use a measuring tape and how my clothes feel as a better indication progress than the scale anyway (as so many things make you weight more even if you've lost fat/ inches).

LizJ
01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the replies and I will check out that other thread! I think I am going to try not weighing for a month and see how I feel and if it helps me!