Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 11st -12ib/

Height: 5feet 3inc

Smile Hi, i am new

Hi, my name is Carol and i live in England.I am 46 years old and going threw the menopause. I have 3 children 2 are adults and a 14 years old daughter. In the last 6 months my weight as increased by 39lb,s. I am desperate to reduce this as i have gone up from a size 12 to a size 18 in such a short time. Greed as taken a part in this and now i am looking for some help, advice and support for the journey back. Tunning in on this site as given me hope as you are all doing so well. xcarolx
carol4104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/294/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi Carol,

You can do it. Wishing you the best.

hali
hali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi Carol! Help, advice, and support are some of the things this site does best. I'm glad you stumbled on us here! Good luck!

CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 PM   #4  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Carol!
Sounds like you're ready to get started - the support you need is here to achieve your goal of a healthier and happier you - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try the 40 somethings and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - there's a great forum of UK chicks as well - also the Success stories are a must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals ,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 11st -12ib/

Height: 5feet 3inc

Thankyou for your helpful replies from carol
carol4104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  
Getting Better Every Day!

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'9

I too am new. I am excited about putting my weight and food issues out there for everyone to see. I feel like this might be just what I need to help me be more accountable.
I don't have a lot to lose, but I am having a difficult time doing it! I have been counting calories and using one of those armbands that count your calorie burn and steps, and have been working out 5x a week.(moderately) So, here it begins!!
Sandie V is offline   Reply With Quote