100 lb. Club - I will resist those mixed nuts!

View Full Version : I will resist those mixed nuts!

time2lose
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I have passed by all types of sweets here in the office in the past month. However, today there is a large container of mixed nuts that is just driving me nuts. I just can not get those nuts off my mind! I know that nuts are not unhealthy but if I eat a bite, I will eat too many. :tantrum:

I don't have a food scale or a measuring cup so I can not measure a single helping. Even if I could measure a single serving, I would have consequences:

1- One serving would not satisfy me, so I would be right back to where I am now, wanting to eat nuts.
2 - I would have to either reduce my planned foods for tonight or go over my calorie plan.

Getting to 199 is much more important than being satisfied the 2 or 3 minutes that it would take me to eat those nuts. I am repeating that over and over!

Thank you!

CLCSC145
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Stay strong!! And hide 'em in the supply closet. :devil:

cathydoe
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Keep coming on here and hanging with us "nuts"!

Repeat after me: No No Nuts! No No Nuts! Hey that could be a chant too!

jay41
01-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Yep..I would stay away. I had some mixed nuts over the holidays and was appalled at how much salt they have. I had to brush salt off them to eat them and they were not worth the calories, time, or salty fingers.

I buy unsalted nuts and add my own salt. I count out how many I'm going to have that day and that's it.

Eliana
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I had this problem with M&M's last night. They were calling to me from the top shelf of the pantry. They're not even mine! They were a stocking stuffer to my husband. I actually said good-night to them as I headed up to bed. LOL! If I can resist M&M's, possibly the world's greatest food, you can resist nuts! :D

marigrace
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Sounds like you are in enemy territory....fear not..the3fc infantry has arrived....

HeidiNicole
01-11-2010, 02:25 PM
You know, they might*accidentally* get knocked on to the floor so they spill out and must be thrown away...just sayin' :devil:

Amber1011
01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I have the same problem. Mine right now is with Oreo Cakesters. My fiancee got a case of 18 2 packs from his family - and I sit here thinking I WANT SOME!!! I love them, but they are 250 calories a pack!

With the Nuts, M&Ms, and Cakesters - lets all repeat:

ITS NOT WORTH IT! ITS NOT WORTH IT!

matt_H
01-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Sounds like you are winning this battle! 199 feels so much better than a few nuts.

LizJ
01-11-2010, 02:39 PM
You can stay strong! I know how hard it is though when something is right in front of you! Just think about how good you will feel when you are at goal weight!!

shortandfluffy
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
I actually said good-night to them as I headed up to bed. LOL! If I can resist M&M's, possibly the world's greatest food, you can resist nuts! :D

I am glad I am not the only one that talks to my food. LOL :dizzy:

Keep saying no! I think seeing the 199 on the scale will be well worth it! :cheer2:

time2lose
01-11-2010, 03:07 PM
These are left over from all the holiday food. They were put out by the coffee pot today with hopes that someone would eat them. This is like a gallon size can.

You know, they might*accidentally* get knocked on to the floor so they spill out and must be thrown away...just sayin' :devil:

I like this idea.... Hummmmmmm :devil:

Taurie
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
You can do it! Repeat after me, 'I am in control, I am in control, I am in control.'

I had the same problem with nuts, I didn't allow my bf to keep them in the house. But, then I kept repeating this mantra and it worked! I can eat 6 brazil nuts or 12 almonds and stop there. Oh and I only eat raw nuts.

I had the same problem today with chocolate. I had a craving all day for it, finally I bought a bar of chocolate with the intention of only haveing one square, but when I found myself with a second piece I threw the chocolate bar away. It's wasteful, but at least I don't feel guilty.

You can do it! You are in control!

SNMomof1
01-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Don't make eye contact with them!!! LOL No seriously, I hope you're able to avoid them.

JulieJ08
01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I bet it's a can. Think about how old those nuts are!

time2lose
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I resisted the nuts! Most of the time they don't bother me but, for some reason, they did today.

Thanks for being here. 3FC to the rescue again!!!

saef
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Don't go nuts. Don't go nuts.

Those mixed nuts are the devil. For me, they're a hand-to-mouth food -- that is, the kind of thing you fill your hand with & slap into your mouth. Anything like that, I'm always in danger of eating too much. I don't know if it's the gesture, or the crunchiness, which is reminiscent of too many junk foods. Whatever it is, it leads to cramming, with me eating more while still chewing, with my cheeks full of food, like a squirrel. Nothing could be uglier. It gets to be about quantity, about getting it all in, fast, and then getting more & more, & that's bad. That's not savoring things, or mindful. So I know well the dangers you are facing.

Again: Don't go nuts!!!!

ETA: After I posted, I saw you had resisted. Brave girl. Congratulations. You did not go nuts.

HeidiNicole
01-12-2010, 01:08 AM
:bravo:

marigrace
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Hurray !

JustBeckyV
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I have a jar of nuts at home that drive me crazy. I have started buying those nutrition ones and this last time I bought the digest. I have used them with my fruits though and make sure I have a limited amount!

starfishkitty
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh lord! Nuts can be my downfall too!!!! Love love LOVE em!

I just don't get how some people use them (well) with their diets! I'm like wtf? How do you not eat the entire thing???

matt_H
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Congrats on resisting!

ToriLeigh
01-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Good job on not eating the nuts. Luckily I only like the honey roasted ones and my husband hates them, so I never have to temptation. If they were here, I could seriously eat a whole can.