LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers: Jan 11-17, 2010

SyracuseNY
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Just to start the new week.

SyracuseNY
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm not disappointed in myself, because I did really good on plan last week. The problem is, I didn't lose 1 pound. I wrote everything down. I passed up on many goodies offered to me. My sister even made homemade cinnamon buns and I even passed on that when offered yesterday. You know how hard that was... :dizzy:

I always seem to be saying the same thing over and over, but the more I try to lose weight, the more frustrated I become. Ever since I went through the COL, I can't seem to lose any weight.

I'm more determined than ever this week to make even better choices, and eat less to see if that will move the scale downwards next Monday. :^:

JLem311
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
hello all. just thought i'd check in and say hi. hope everyone had a nice weekend and is ready for a productive week!

green0923
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
So, today is the first day, and I'm trying to do a pseudo-take off (using oranges). So far, I'm hanging in there. I ate out enough this weekend so I shouldn't feel those urges for a while.

Got up this morning and did 2.2 miles on the elliptical. Not overwhelmingly strong, but still good considering i haven't exercised in ages. Tomorrow I will go a little further, a little longer. Just keep on trucking!

Hope everyone had successful POP weekends!

Repo girl
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh Sy, sorry you are frustrated. My thought is that your body needs a little time to adjust, so maybe you just need to keep giving it a little more time, and things will start to happen.

I am so excited to see some of our old friends back. Kristin, Wendy, Erin, yay!!! I hope that we can continue to encourage each other and get the old support and comraderie going strong. Thanks to all of you for your awesome stories, support, and sharing your journey.

I have talked a little bit about what is going on with me. I have been doing daycare for the last 10 years. I have gotten more and more sick of it over the years, and I have been ready to move on and do something else, but I make a good income doing daycare, so it has been hard for me to say good-bye to. In the meantime, for the last two and a half years, I have been working at a clinic that I own with my sisters on the weekend doing Reiki (energy healing), card readings, past life regression, psychic readings, teaching meditation, etc. I feel that this spiritual work is my true path in life, and I really want to do it full time. So.....to make a long story short, I have finally decided to close the daycare at the end of the month! I am going to work a few hours per week mentoring other daycares for the state, and dedicate the rest of my time working to grow our business. We have a wonderful in home Reiki program for cancer and HIV patients that I want to do a lot more with. I am so thrilled and excited. My DH thinks that I should be worried about money, but I am not. I am certain that things will work out in our favor, and we will be fine. All of this makes me more determined than ever to stop the weight madness, and get these extra lbs off once and for all.

Repo girl
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Great job Erin, that is fantastic!!

SyracuseNY
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Katie: Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm not giving in yet.
Katie, as far as going for your dreams, go for it girl (you may never pass this away again to the opportunity that awaits you). Best of luck and if you need anything let us/me know. It will be an exciting year for you. Me too but not by choice. I do consulting services in IT for a large corporation. I've been doing consulting services at this customer site for 21 years, and this past year they replaced the computers that I manage/support so my contact is done at the end of this month. Then, after 21+ years I go back to working for the large corporation that I continue to work for for the past 31 years. But, since 90% of the employees in my state work from their home office, I don't even have an office to go back to. And, I'll feel like a new employee all over again. Actually, I'm feeling more like a fish out of water. So, now it's up to me to find more consulting work for myself. I'm excited and scared to death after having a secure job for the past 21 years. Katie, I wish I could visit your place so you could tell me what the future lies ahead for me.

Green: Good job with exercising.

mj2007
01-11-2010, 02:10 PM
hello All!

Nice to see this group getting bigger and active ...lots of new and old faces :)

Sy - Hang in here! Drop a plan if you need to. Regarding new numbered plans,unfortunately I know only about Plan 1 and 2 ( or Plan 2 and 3 without lites) so I have no idea what are the servings on the other plan numbers. All I know is if you have 50 - 70 lbs to lose, they put you on Plan 2 w/lites and after 30-35 lbs they put you on Plan -1.
It might or might not help you. This numbered plans are part of Rapid Results plan...you can find a thread by that name on this forum.

Erin- Great job and good luck!

Katie- Good luck to you too!

Happy Monday!

mj2007
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I found this awesome read at the library this weekend called...Slim Forever the French way ...by Michel Montignac.
For anyone interested...it teaches you how to choose low-GI food to trick your body into releasing less insulin and making it use more reserved fat.
This is because excess insulin secreted by a sensitive pancreas( carb-sensitivity or pre-diabetes) is the reason behind fat storage in body. Most people develop a sensitive pancreas with age...or years of abuse with high GI fast food...or may be even hereditory. But ...the book tells you that it is absolutely treatable...you can make your pancreas normal by choosing low- GI food.

I found some useful info such as...if you eat high GI food like Fries ( GI-95/100) with steak or fatty burger, the high GI food releases a lot of insulin and traps the saturated fat from the meat. That is the main reason why fast food combo make us gain weight.

Also some interesting facts like raw carrots ( GI-30) become unhealthy starch ( GI- 85) when it is cooked and the fibre in them are broken by heat...same happens to overcooked pasta.

The best part from the book I like is...you can eat till you are full, as long as you can keep the total GI of your meal very low.

I haven't finished reading yet but so far it makes a lot of sense. So those of you think that you not getting results as you want, you might want to take a look at your food choices.

Kimphin
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi all - it warms my heart to see so many new and old faces here!

Weekend went - OK, I guess. We got all un-Christmassed on Friday night and I cleaned on Saturday, and then painted our master bath on Sunday. Living the dream! LOL. All part of the newer, more organized me.

I skipped 30DS yesterday, and today I won't be doing it because I am hauling my arse back to the gym. Gulp. I'll just sneak in with all of the other New Year's people and be anonymous.

Sy - Stick with it, hard as that is. I never see any good numbers from weeks 2-4. Cruel, cruel world that it is - I do start to lose pretty well after that, and if I can make it to 6 weeks - well, then when I weigh in, the birds start singing, rainbows shoot out of the sclae, and the world is a wonderful place. I was there once or twice - it's nice. I hope to be there again!

juliemarie
01-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Sy-make sure you're not "undereating" as well-if you're not getting enough calories-you're body goes into starvation mode and holds onto the fat instead of burning it. Go to fitday or some other equivalent and put in your info and see what calorie range it recommends and then put in a couple days from last week and see if it's too high or too low. The heavier you are the more calories you need to (get to!) eat and STILL lose weight.

equinetcan
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Happy Monday!

I have been OP for a couple of days now. I plan to do a FF with oranges here maybe thursday/friday or so.

Not a lot to report from here. Had a quiet weekend - just me and the pooch. I am finally feeling better after a month and I am finally off the antibiotics so they just need to clear my system over the next few days.

My friend next door and I are going to start walking at the indoor track starting tomorrow. We are aiming for a few times a week minimum and take it from there. That should be fun. We always chat away while we walk and end up walking further than we originally planned cause we just don't shut up!

I may take a look at this EODD plan and see what it's all about. Don't really know much about it yet.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Mama Nicole
01-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi Friends :)

I love new energy and excitement and it is really rollling on here :) I am happy to report that I completed day 6 (I think) of the 30DS. It took me almost all day to squeeze it in, but I did it. My house is a mess, and I feel very disorganized right now....but I am working out. My eating hasn't been perfect, but one thing at a time, right? I did try to sneak a piece of cake tonight, and CHOKED on it. Yeah......pretty clear sign, huh? :rofl:

Anyway....just wanted to pop in and say hello. I will check back soon :)
XOXO

SyracuseNY
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Kim: Thanks for the encouragement and telling me that it may take me 6 weeks OP to see any weight loss. My husband was telling me the same thing, to give it a couple weeks. He is older than me and has loss the 40# that I've gained. He lost his weight in 'clumps' as he puts it. When he didn't see results, he tried harder. I guess I have to get the fact out of my mind that I should be losing a # a week or more like the olden days (a couple years ago). I'm proud of myself that I'm still OP and didn't give up after 7 days like I normally have the past couple years (and I blamed it on COL). Day 8 is down, and I'm working on Day 9. Thanks again!!!

JulieMarie: Good idea about adding up the totals to see if I'm getting the right amount of calories... Thanks for the idea and I'll try that.

MJ: Any more 'tips' from the book? I knew there was something about carrots because they use to be unlimited at WW, and now you have to measure. Does it give you a list of foods that are low GI? I'd like to incorporate some low GI foods it into my plan.

Katie: How are things?

If I missed anybody, I'm sorry.

Hugs,

Sy

mj2007
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi All!

Finally I made it to the gym after a whole week...and actually I feel great!I have graduated from treadmills and ellipticals to stair climbers and 20 mins of stair climbing felt great :)...after that i did some light training too.

Nicole - You are amazing, really! I love the +ve energy too...and i think one thing about this group is that we are all very positive...no matter what. I can't remember a week where i heard something negative here...that is why I keep coming back no matter how busy i am.

Sy - Last night I read something about AGI ( average glycemic index) of a meal and we are supposed to keep it as low as possible combining all food.
Typically...vegetables/fruits/protein having a GI <= 35 can be eaten as veggies or fruits or protein...but those having higher GI MUST BE eaten as starch...to lose weight.
As for eg...parsnips( cooked),carrots (cooked),fresh/frozen peas,kidney beans, sweet potato,pumpkin etc must be treated as starch.
Also there is something to do with meal combination. Lean veggie protein( without saturated fat) can be eaten with high GI carb (starch)...but never animal protein+starch together...because all animal protein have saturated fat. Animal protein+fat+ low Gi carb( veggies) can be eaten together.
This is because...saturated fat ( animal protein, butter etc)is same as human body fat so it can be stored easily in insulin secretion is spiked by high GI carb...but unsat fat like olive oil,nuts will not have that effect when eaten together with starch.

Also I liked that Dark choclate( 70% cocoa or more) has GI as low as 25...and is a guilt free treat :carrot:.
The book does have alist of low GI stuff...I'll try to scan those over the weekend and email you a copy.

Have agreat day everyone!

Kimphin
01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I just came from a work meeting that has made my head hurt, so I had to stop in here before hitting the grind again. Seriously - I would love to come out of a meeting sometime and not have a mind-boggling amount of ju-ju to accomplish! Argh!

Went to the gym last night - MJ is right - it felt good to go back. I would love to get my butt up and go before work, but I do love my bed. Plus, I don't think I would have time to get my hair dried before I had to go to work. Muscles are now just starting to stiffen up, so I should be completely paralyzed in about 2 hours.

I spend a lot of my time lately watching non-fat people and the way that they approach food. It is very interesting. Even after all of these years of being a fatty, I didn't really think that I had any food issues - I just thought I liked it too much. Denial is my friend, apparently, because I don't think that thin people think about food as much as I do. I start thinking about what and when my next food intake will be even before I finish what I have to eat at that time, and I do not mean that in a "I am planning all of my food properly" kind of way. I am going to try to not look toward my next meal for the rest of the week - there, I have set a non-sclae goal for the week.

OK, gotta start the ju-ju!

Joni135
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Kim - I too headed back to classes at the gym early this morning...your line cracked me up "Muscles are now just starting to stiffen up, so I should be completely paralyzed in about 2 hours." Sorry work gave you a headache!

MJ - hi....I keep checking in for the same reason...there's just some good energy on this site.

Sy - I, too, have to realize that weight loss is extremely slower than it used to be but I just have to hang in there. But, it's really hard. The 'experts' at the gym said I need to eat right, do cardio 3 xs a week and strength train 2x a week. I'm going to do it their way for a few weeks; let them analyze my food log, and see what they have to say. If my past repeats itself, I won't be too happy, but any loss is better than a gain!

Katie - Best of luck with your decision....if you don't do it now you would always wonder "what if"...at least you have a plan and a passion....that, to me, is key!!!

I started my Biggest Loser competition at my gym and the number on the scale was not pretty.....(note to self; don't weigh at night...EVER!)....I'm posting my start weight on this site based on my home sclae....the number still is not pretty but not as bad as last night.....Day 1 has gone good....and I'm just taking it one day at a time!

MrsSassy
01-12-2010, 05:02 PM
only been back on the plan for a week....lost five pounds in 4 days and now i'm just kinda stuck at 5 lbs.
Am I expecting too much?

green0923
01-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Hi, all. Not much time tonite. Looks like we're all hanging in there! 2 days POP + exercise.

GL this week ladies!

JLem311
01-13-2010, 08:34 AM
good morning all. just thought i'd check in, say hi and see how everyone's doing. i'm still going at it with the exercise, etc. and still hanging at the 201 mark. guess my body just doesn't wanna get under 200 just yet. but i will. i've got a few more months before baby X turns 1yr old, so hopefully i can make it close to my goal before then, if not..i'm still gonna keep going.
lots going on in my life right now, but i'm not letting that derail me at all.

hope everyone is having a great week thus far.

carolr3639
01-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I started a thread on EODD if anyone is interested.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/190694-eodd-diet-alternated-day-diet.html

Kimphin
01-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Mrs Sassy - You are doing great so far, don't get discouraged yet! Hang in there and if you stay on plan, you will see results.

Had a little accident with some cake this morning. It was a small 1" square, so I'll have to work that off later. Staying FAR away from the break room from now on!

green0923
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Kim, way to keep a positive perspective ... 1" can be worked off no problem, right? ikwym about breakrooms. I run a training department and we have snacks all day long for our trainees sitting in the hall on a long table. Everything from donuts to coffee cake to chips & dip to cheese & crackers to veggie tray. So I try to look straight ahead when I walk up and down the hall.

Jillian, you are so close!!! It won't be long until you're in onederland again! How much fun 9 month olds are! So smiley and cute.

MrsSassy, 5 lbs in 4 days is awesome!!!

Joni, I can't wait to be where you are ... I have a LONG way away.

Hello to everyone else!

I'm having a day of procrastination... and I need to catch up. Weight loss is going fine. Exercise is going fine (except for my really sore body). But work ... ugh... I'm putting something together that I have no idea about, which makes it tough. I'll keep my head up and know that I'll eventually get it done, I always do.

JLem311
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Kim, way to keep a positive perspective ... 1" can be worked off no problem, right? ikwym about breakrooms. I run a training department and we have snacks all day long for our trainees sitting in the hall on a long table. Everything from donuts to coffee cake to chips & dip to cheese & crackers to veggie tray. So I try to look straight ahead when I walk up and down the hall.

Jillian, you are so close!!! It won't be long until you're in onederland again! How much fun 9 month olds are! So smiley and cute.

MrsSassy, 5 lbs in 4 days is awesome!!!

Joni, I can't wait to be where you are ... I have a LONG way away.

Hello to everyone else!

I'm having a day of procrastination... and I need to catch up. Weight loss is going fine. Exercise is going fine (except for my really sore body). But work ... ugh... I'm putting something together that I have no idea about, which makes it tough. I'll keep my head up and know that I'll eventually get it done, I always do.

thanks! yeah, i'm trying. :) she'll be 9 months at the end of the month. she's such a happy baby overall. i also have a 6yr old and a 4yr old. and a hubby that is in the military and deploying soon. sucks, but at least when he gets back i'll definitely be at my goal and then some! :)

mj2007
01-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey All!

Kim- 1" cake once in a while is not really a big deal. I had 2 slices of DQ stawberry-banana Treatzza ( 170 cal each) over the weekend that my DH bought for my birthday and i still lost 2.4 lbs over 10 days.
I agree with you on the "liking food" issue.Most people who are skinny and stay skinny do not really care much what they eat, when they eat.I have a friend who can gulp down a 1000 Cal meal one day at the buffeteria for lunch and some days she would just settle for a yogurt drink!!! Our problem is too much time and enery goes towards planning meals...lol.

Joni- I never realized being heavier in the evenings is a common thing!I always go for a WI at our local COD after 6 pm ( less traffic).I noticed that there is like 2lbs difference when I weigh myself in the morning at home...I used to blame my home scale !!!!
Like I weighed 145.2 yesterday evening...and I weigh around 143 this morning!!!

MrsSassy- That is probably the water-weight you lost!Same happened to me when I started the program in August...i lost 4.5 lbs in just 2 days after FF and lost only 1 lb in next 5 days.You will start seeing the difference after a week.

Erin- you are inspirational!I wouldn't have been able to resist the coffee cake!!Sometimes I wonder whoever came up with this combination from ****...sugar+flour+butter...ahhhh!!!!

Jillian- I sooooo admire you!!!Home alone with 6,4 and 0 year olds must be a full time job+over time on its own!!!You are doing awesome job with your weight loss.

Later...

BarbaraB
01-13-2010, 02:23 PM
Mrs Sassy, You have a great start! Weight fluctuates day to day more than we can lose in fat day to day, so you have to wait and take the trend over time.

Jillian, You were just burning down the scale there for a little while, so it is just normal for the losing to take a little breather. I swear there was a time that everytime I logged in it was Jillian's down again. Almost enough to get me to find the 30 day shred DVD. I did do the old reliable 8 minute abs and 8 minute arms this morning with the DH. He loves that old DVD, and really it is a good little workout.

Erin, Hopefully you will only be sore for a few days.

Nicole, I know you love cake. Great job on the 30DS.

Joni, Good to see you back posting again.

SyracuseNY
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi Ladies:

Joni, it's killing me but I'm still sticking to the plan and hoping that the 'clumps' start coming off so I know if this is working for me or not. I'd hate to waste 4-6 weeks of thinking I was doing well, and then have nothing happen. As frustrated as I feel, this forum will keep me going - it did before and I was very successful.

Mrs Sassy. I'd love to see -5 pounds on the scale. Even water weight, I'd take it. Believe me, the older we get the longer it takes to see results ( and I didn't even know I was considered older...).:rofl:

Hugs to everyone else. Gotta run, SU is going to beat Rutgers in basketball tonight and I have to see it for myself (fingers crossed of course). I'll be flipping between the SU game and American Idol.

JerseyMadchen
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey guys! So many new faces, it's awesome!!

I've been lurking, not much to report. Been OP for a week now and am down 2.5 lbs. Could have been more, but I know what my issues are and am adjusting.

Sy- hang in there girl. I know how freakin frustrating it is to stall, plateau, whatever you want to call it. I usually give up when that happens! I gave up this past summer after eating OP and working out like crazy for 3 weeks, and I've gained 15 lbs since then! It will come off!

Erin- good luck with TO/FF!! Remember as torturous as it is, you want big #s!! Good job on the elliptical! DH and I are shopping for one currently.

Mrs. Sassy- congrats on 5 lbs, that's fabulous!! Keep it up!!

Katie- that's so awesome that you're pursuing your dream! Not many people can do that and I wish you the best of luck!

Hey Kim!

MJ- thanks for the GI info! Youre an inspiration girl!

Hello to those I missed!

Newbies- we have a group on facebook, you should find us!

SyracuseNY
01-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Hey Jersey Girl : I'm going to lose these 40 pounds this year no matter what. If I'm unsuccessful after giving it my best effort for 4 weeks and I don't see any results... I'm making a doctor's appointment to have blood work done to have my hormone levels checked. We can do this! I can do this!!!

All: I read an article in our local paper this week and wanted to share... http://blog.syracuse.com/healthfitness/2010/01/bunny_dimmel_weighs_in_learnin.html (http://blog.syracuse.com/healthfitness/2010/01/bunny_dimmel_weighs_in_learnin.html)
This article is written by a women "Bunny". She talks her life with food, and how she's managed to keep off the 250 pounds she has lost. This article hit me. She had a husband who died of cancer, something that couldn't be fixed. She decided that her 'illness' (my words not her's) of being overweight was something that could be fixed. She struggles everyday but has managed to keep her weight in check. I like reading her blog, you may too!?

Working on Day 11... The saga continues...

Have a happy day!

LadyZaidi
01-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Good Morning! I've been back on plan and feel SOOO much better. Night time snacking is my biggest obstacle. Glad to see that LAWL still has so many followers!

Kimphin
01-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey there Amy! I haven't been on FB at all lately, and I can't get there from work, so this is my way of keeping up with everyone - glad you checked in.

I went to a Body Jam class at the gym last night (kinda like Zumba) I felt like a total spaz, but so did everyone else there! Kinda funny. I am considering joining their 'biggest loser' competition for their 3rd wave of contestants on Feb 1. The end date would be the end of April, so I will be able to lose anything I might gain in Jamaica before the final WI.

Has anyone here had swai (it's a type of fish)? They were out of tilapia at our grocery store, so the guy talked me into the swai. I haven't tried it yet - maybe this weekend. Just wondering how it tastes.

sweetandspicy
01-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Sorry I have not posted in awhile. Work, Life,Snow everything is taking over. There is something with me and winter when I am stuck inside more I eat way more. I have been trying to resist but temptation is taking over. I know at any moment the scale will definately start reflecting my mistakes. I did the 30 day shred twice last week Just about killed me. Which should not be a suprise but sort of was. I have to do something and fast before I spiral out of control as I have done in the past.

I think that I am going to join weight watchers I think I need accountability. That will help me the most. I am going to go and look that up on line right now. I would love to join LA again but the money is just not there. It would be nice if they would let me weigh in and incourage me for free???

MrsSassy
01-14-2010, 10:45 AM
thanks for the encouragement...dropped one more pound today...You'd think I won the lotto...very bouncy and light on my feet today! Kids are like what did you do thats make'n you so smiley?? LOL

Cleaning and dancing it out with the tunes all morning!

Arkantana
01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Amy,
I can totally relate to the problems during the winter months. Since moving to Montana from the south 2 yrs ago, I went from a 7/9 to a 12 in size, which is why I'm here. You did the shred twice last week, thats great! Twice more than I did;). Maybe try to find more to do indoors that you already do, just bump it up a little. Like Mrs.Sassy, blast some tunes while you are cleaning the house and dance, dance , dance! Give yourself some credit for what you are doing and push forward. You can do this:carrot:

mj2007
01-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Thanks JerseyAmy...good to see you after a while :hug:

Hey everyone..I am having a busy day as usual. It is 3:30 in the afternoon and i was sooo hungry and for the fisrt time, without snacks...then I opened a Crystal Lite Iced tea packet and added to my bottle of water...wow...this stuff kills hunger!!May be it is the sugary taste...or the tea...but thought I\d share my experience. Try it next time you are hungry ;)

MrsSassy
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Hot tea with splenda was my fix today...warmed me up and filled me up!
~kelly

JerseyMadchen
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
So, I tried Starbucks Skinny Latte Vanilla. Mmm!! And 90 calories!

green0923
01-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Howdy ho, ladies!

Good news, the soreness is pretty much over, so persistence is paying off. I did manage to twist my knee a while back, and it's acting up again. Another reason to get this weight off -- my poor knees!

So far so good, the weight is falling off this week. I'm sure it's mostly water, but it's oh so encouraging! Monday will be week 1. We'll see if it stays off through the next couple weeks. I'd love to exceed my goal by a lot! Give me a head start for the next several minigoals.

I'll write more later ... the kids are acting crazy!:dizzy:

Mama Nicole
01-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey ladies.....I just wanted to share that I completed day 9 of the shred....and so did Jillian...and I meant JLem, not Jillian Michaels....HA!

Kimphin
01-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Good for you Nicole - I have been doing Shred on my non-gym days, So I am on day 5(obviously not in a row...) Gym again tonight. It's funny - I dreaded going back - like a sit-in-the-car-in-the-parking-lot-not-going-in kind of dread. But now that I went back, I love it. It is literally around the corner from my house - I am such an idiot for not going for the past months.

We've been remodeling our master bathroom for the past 4 months or so. Normally we wouldn't do that over the holidays, but an untimely leak made the decision for us. DH took today off - and it will be completed by Monday! I am thrilled - we've been using the guest bathroom - but it is really small with not a lot of storage space, so I've been bringing what I need into the bathroom every morning - and that is an added 5 minutes of work I don't need in the morning. I love my new MasterB - corian counter with an integrated sink, Pergo floor, glass and marble tiles. It's the nicest room in the house, LOL.

OK, have a work luncheon this afternoon - at our regional High School vo-tech center with the culinary arts kids cooking. Yummy - but, generally not OP. Ugh.

JerseyMadchen
01-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Kim- your bathroom sounds awesome! Post some pics when it's complete?? Good for you getting out of the car and going into the gym. I totally feel the dread too, why does it have such a power over us??

Nicole-WTG on the Shred! You're more of a woman than I am! I made it to day 5 when I did it, then got bored, and was too much of a wuss to go to level 2!

MJ- I love Crystal Lite iced tea! Will have to put some packets in my desk for s fix! Gum works for a craving, but you end up hungrier later!

So it's going into the 50s today, so the snow will continue to melt! I am waiting for the snow to melt on an outdoor track at my office so I can wAlk on my lunch. Downloaded the c25k to my iPod. So between that and my Nike+ on here I am set! I'll be walking for at least 2 weeks before attempting the running program. My goal is to be running continuously by May when tennis starts. I found a tennis clinic to play in!!

Dh couldn't sleep last night so he cleaned my kitchen, it's freakin spotless! We've been without a dishwasher for over a month now and dang those dishes add up!! When I didn't work it was no big deal... Now I can't catch up! We ordered an LG one to match the other appliances from Home Depot, bur they keep pushing the delivery date back! So we cancelled and ordered a Bosch from Lowes, a better quality dishwasher too! Am so excited!!

Oh, and I'm off today for a Virginia holiday Lee Jackson Day. wow, being a confederate is ok!

MrsSassy
01-15-2010, 10:00 AM
challenging day ahead of me...Physical Therapy then grocery shopping. My old routine would be to stop and get a happy meal at McD for lunch! Today I made a lunch for myself ....and bringing 3 bottles of water. Blinders on in the check outs! NO CANDY BARS!!!!

equinetcan
01-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Today is errand day for me. Groceries, gas, drugstore and go to the vet for a prescription for Chancey. Nothing fantastic by any means but they have to be done.

Got my hair done yesterday so roots are all gone for a few weeks and it is shaped again. Did the usual..red with the blond foils. Everyone likes it this way so I leave it for now. Got it shaped a bit more this time cause my hair grows so dang fast it loses its shape easily. I get my hair done exactly every 6 weeks and there is at least an inch of roots. This time there was a little over and inch. It's good if I ever want to grow it out at all though LOL.

Making dinner this weekend for MIL. She wants to come over to watch a movie I have so we'll do dinner as well.

other than that just me and Chance hanging out for the weekend as usual. Oh AND I have a lunch date tomorrow...yes a real date! ha ha.

Must go get ready to battle the people in the store...hope everyone has a good day!

momofthree
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Mrs Sassy,
Hope you don't mind me asking but is the Physical therapy for you or your kids. My six year old gets therapy every week. They say he has lack of coordination and poor muscle control. It has been a bit of an adventure for me to get him there and to realize he is not broken just needs a little adjusting. The holidays were terrble for me. I gained almost ten pounds and frankly enjoyed every bite. I am still hoping it will come off quick because of how quick it went on:^:. Here's to hoping and trying to eat better. It's amazing how quick the old habits come back. I don't know who said it but I find myself constantly thinking about food now too and also not in the good way of planning out what's next. Well dinner party tonight and my DD and my birthday party this sunday!! Monday will be here soon and I will try not to be discouraged:) Hope you all have a great weekend.

JLem311
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
hello all! just thought i'd pop in quick and say hi.
yep, Nicole and i are on day #10 of the Shred. (this is our 2nd time around doing it too!) :)

having a slumber party with the kids tonight, so that should be fun!

hope everyone has a great weekend.

mj2007
01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
hey all...happy Friday!

I am doing okay with my food...need to hit the gym this evening.I went to our doc for a prescription refill and he was amazed at how much weight i lost ...and all my routine blood work came out amazing good!
A BMI drop from 34+ to 26 can do wonders to our body and mind...and I am glad I made that lifestyle change.

When I think about that extra 42lbs I carried with me...makes me wonder WTH was I thinking!!!!Can't imagine anything tasting that good to have done this to myself!!!!!!

Anyways...for anyone who is feeling a bit discouraged and thinking of giving in to temptations...you can't even begin to imagine what bliss awaits you at the end of the road...I am still 23 lbs away my ideal body but I am already feeling great...so stay on track!

Have a great weekend!

SyracuseNY
01-15-2010, 01:47 PM
MomofThree: I would love to weigh 160 (I did get down to 132 once about 21 years ago, and boy was I skinny). Just looking at your stats with envy. ;)

I didn't have anything to bring for my lunch today. I went to the grocery store at lunch, got some already cooked shrimp from the seafood section (1/2 thawed) and nuked it for about 1 minute in the microwave. Also got a little salad (lettuce) from the salad bar (no dressing or goodies on it). I used spray dressing (which I did have on hand). I think I pulled out a pretty good OP lunch. I'm stuffed!

Well, everyone else have a great weekend. I have a baby shower to go to, and I'm picking up the cake. I have to convince myself that I can handle the food I'll encounter this weekend and eat sensibly (is that a word?). Please send me OP vibes for the weekend...

green0923
01-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Sy, have fun at the baby shower! Sounds nice! And great NSV with the OP lunch.

MJ, you are so right. And what an inspiration. Congrats!

Nicole & JLem are my heroes! Great job, ladies!

Momof3, I can't wait to be where you are. But I know how frustrating it is to pack on lbs so quickly. I'm sure they'll fall off!

Kim, how fun! I know it will be great when you get your bathroom all done. so nice to have a handyman at home.

Amy, my DH is pretty good about helping around the house too. Such simple pleasures in life.

MrsS, great idea packing your lunch. Man, I think if all I ate at McD's was a happy meal I would not have quite as much weight to lose, though :)

Equine, woo woo! Have fun on your date! And with the MIL. That sounds really nice.

As for me, I'm at 4-1/2 days of success OP, with the elliptical each day. I will keep on trucking. The scale's showing me a payoff. No big plans this weekend but I hope to relax at some point, put my feet up, and watch a movie or two. It's been a crazy week at work -- I need it! :)

Have a great weekend, ladies!

MrsSassy
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
taking the family out for the day today...heading to McCormick place for the RV boat show. Challenge is to "cheat responsibly!"

juliemarie
01-16-2010, 02:43 PM
"cheat responsibly"-I like that!

As for me-I up a little but have MAJOR TOM going on right now-so i'll have to wait a few days to see if I successfully got back on track. I think I may just do another BURN day today since I don't feel like eating anyway.

green0923
01-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Finally feeling really good today. one full week with no fast food. Shamefully, I can't recall the last time I ate healthy for a solid week. it's been a while.

Scale showed me down 1.8 lbs more today, but I'm not going to change the sig until I weigh in tomorrow morning. I slept in quite a bit today, and it's possible it's a water issue. But we'll see.

Hope everything had a pretty close to OP weekend.

JM, I get the TOM thing. I started this diet on the tail end of TOM, so it was a rough first couple days. Hope the next few days turn around!

MrsS, how did the responsible cheating go?

JerseyMadchen
01-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Just as a heads up... Kashii now makes granola! It's called Kashii Go Lean Crisp. I haven't tried it yet, but I LOVE granola, and this is a healthier version!!

MrsSassy
01-18-2010, 09:19 AM
the responsible cheating was "okay". My husband is mexican and we LOVE or mexican food!! Havent had it in two weeks. So we ordered chicken tacos instead of steak, and I had flour instead of corn (not sure if that helped) and NO CHIPS. It was soooo good! I had one and a half tacos and it was enough. My hubby didn't have as much self control, lol. But overall we did well.

FYI Erin...I don't think I've ever gone a solid week either..and that includes my first time around on this lossing 50lbs. I think to keep sane , for me at least, I have to responsible cheat one meal a week!

~Kelly

Arkantana
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone,
Really happy to have today off to get some things done or not. I'm starting week three a bit discouraged. I started Jan 4 and lost a few (169 to 162) but for the the past week I have been stuck at 162. I thought I was doing pretty good with the exercise (treadmill) and eating but no change lately. Is this normal? I have to admit that all the talk about 30 day shred got me curious enough to run out and buy it but I only made it through the first half. I'm going to give it another shot as soon as I can walk again :dust:

MrsSassy
01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Arkantana...I dropped quickly the first TWO days..and it's been slow since. but every couple of days it drops a tad more. :o) Just stay focused...the plan works!
If you are working out, muscle weighs more than fat....i'm not expert but that could be part of it maybe?