General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  
Looking For A Life Change

S/C/G: 205/140

Height: 5'3

Default Looking for Advice???

Hello All-I am brand new to this site-

I am a 31 y/o female 205lbs/5'3- I have recently made some great life changes for myself, I cut any alcohol out of my diet this has been over a month, quit smoking which was easy w/o alcohol, I stopped the pill which is know to cause extra water weight (switching to an IUD) I also cut down my red meat intake to less than once a week, I have been to the Gym everyday but 2 days the last 3 weeks and have done at least 30 minutes on the elliptical each time, no machines yet. I have also cut anything white out of my diet, unless ofcourse I eat a Lean cuisine for lunch if I have to. I have been trying to drink protein shakes I get from costco for at least 2 meals a day(160 cal, 30gms protein, 3grams fat, sugars 1) I eat at least 3 fruits a day and veggies, I feel as though I am getting nowhere also since I quit smoking I have been constipated, I go every 3 days or so but its hard to? I just started to take 2 tsp of safflower oil daily (good for belly fat)? I also bought 5HTP-I hear it is a good replacement of serontonin and I do get seasonally depressed-I love the sun-so hopefully it will help. I don't see any difference on the scale, I do feel better-however my husband has lost 10lbs doing the same? Last year I was able to get down to 187lbs and felt good, I would like to get down to 140 for life, all my blood work is great-BP, Cholesterol and Tryglycerides, I have also been checked for Thyroid probs as well as diabetes? I do canstanly think about food...I have gotten better and keep healthy snack around all the time? Anyone else have any suggestions I am lost and getting frustrated????
ladybug1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

How many calories are you eating? You might still be eating too many or too little. Also do you have insulin resistance issues? If you are eating too many carbs that can hinder your weight if you have insulin resistance (I have this). And you say you are constipated- are you tracking your fiber? Do you get enough? You should eat around 25 grams of fiber a day.

Oh and you might be working out daily but if you are doing the same thing everytime your body will get used to it so you won't burn as many calories- maybe do some running and get some weights in to shake things up for you?

Last edited by beerab; 01-11-2010 at 09:59 AM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hi Ladybug and welcome! HOOT on the name!!

I agree with berrab...have you ever counted calories?
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

Height: 5'2"

ladybug- i'm no expert by any means, but you should really check your calories and see where you stand. maybe counting everyday isn't for you, but its good to have a starting point/idea of your normal intake. also, fiber it up. since i've been on this road to health i've found that the smaller portions of real food more regularly are making me regular.
*BUT MOST OF ALL* poke around this site, make contacts, explore options, and seek support. been extremely helpful for me.
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote