100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menu, Support....week of January 11th

mj5
01-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Do you need some accountability? A place to post your Menu? Some support? Then this is the place for you! Come on in!!!!

dgramie
01-11-2010, 08:59 AM
I have my meals planned out for the week. I only lost 1lb last week and decided its time to plan ahead alot better.
food
breakfast- 1 toast 1 egg 1 cheese coffee 7pts
lunch fish fillet green beans 2pt
snack pudding and string cheese 3 pts
dinner porkchop, greens and greenbeans and beets 10pts
22 pts total..allowed 25

isnt it amazing when we actually plan lots of veggies the difference it can make in our menu.
Im planning on having a slice of my daughters icecream cake tommorow. Its 9 points,,so i have to plan them in tommorows menu. Looks like I will be loading up on veggies to make room for the cake.

lottie63
01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
hello ladies, I got that biggest loser wii game and for my height and weight it says I should be eating 2000 calories. I always ignore those types of recomendations but for once I"m going to try it higher, because I was reallylosing slowly at a lower amount. we'll see.

I have no idea what I"m going to eat today.

I finally exercised yesterday. it was great!

mj5
01-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone! My knee is SO much better today. Amazing what some rest, ice, and ibuprofen can do!!!! (I haven't been icing like I should, it's such a simple thing and it helps SO much!!!!) I'm going to hold off on calling the ortho. If it gets bad again, I'll call. I am not going to go to the gym tonight, but will go back tomorrow. So, we'll see....

Beverlyjoy--Glad to hear your back is better. VERY glad you were home when the ice maker started leaking!

Diane--Good luck w/ the challange. That sounds fun. Take it easy w/ that knee!

Passionista--Good for you! I need to get back into making working out a habit, too. GREAT job! traveling and eating healthy is not an easy thing.

lottie--Great! How's the exercising going?

Trazey--Welcome back!

rakel--Great job!

sachiko--Welcome!!! Great job at the store! Having a plan helps!

raebeaR--Congrats on the loss!

dgramie--sounds like a good plan!

I am back to my pre-holiday weight...yippee! I am going to update my ticker because I am still above my ticker weight, but it's time to re-group and get serious. It is very helpful that my dh is eating healthier--I bought some chips for my nephew and dh was NOT happy, of course I sent the chips home w/ my nephew (which was the plan), but dh didn't even want to see them in the house. LOL!!!!

I had a great weekend w/ family. We have had a weird family dynamic. My dad was married before and my older brother and I are from that marriage, but when our parents split, my older brother went w/ our birth mom and wasn't allowed to have any contact w/ us. It's a looooong dramatic story, not worth getting into here, but when I was in college, I finally "met" my brother. (never met my birth mom) We have struggled getting to know each other. We want to, but it's hard to know "how" to....if that makes any sense....anyway, we are finally doing it now and it is awesome! We spent Saturday at my niece's sports games and then went to their house for dinner and game night. It was SO much fun.

Ok, I should really get to work!!!!! Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi chicks - I did well on my plan yesterday...I am so grateful.

My back felt better yesterday - so I did alot of catch up work on my computer - plus my favorite sites. I woke up with a back ache again. I have an ergonomic chair. Just not enough support for a just feeling better back. I just plain sat there too long. BUT (here is the good news!) DH has laptop from when he was looking for a new job last year. His company gave him a new laptop. So....he set it up for me to use in my comfy chair with my support back pillow. I don't know why we didn't think of it sooner!! I am doing a happy dance!

I have my day planned out food, and all my 'change my habits stuff". I am not used to this computer and am s l o w .

mj - so glad your knee has improved. and hooray for getting back to your preholiday weight.

Lottie - enjoy your new wii!

Slashnl
01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi all. Well, my weight was up this morning. Whatever. I think it might be some water retention from some salty stuff over the weekend. I updated my ticker, and that was painful, but I just want it out there. I went and worked out and then I'm going in to the gym in a little while to do the weigh-in and measurements for the 12 week challenge. So, it's all ok. I am going to give it my all! My knee doesn't seem 100%, but is so much better, I think I'll be fine now. Staying on plan this week totally with food. I slipped up a few times last week. Onward!

Beverly - That will be good to have the laptop!! Yay for you!

MJ - Glad your knee is better! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Good for you!

Lottie - It may be a good idea to give the extra calories a try. At least for awhile so you can determine what can work for you.

dgramie - planning is always good! I know I do better with keeping on track when I've planned ahead.

Have a great day everyone!

soulnik
01-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello All,

I like the idea of this accountability thing....

I had a good weigh-in this morning. Down two pounds! Weight Watchers says I can have 35 points per day but I'm trying to do 33 which is plenty of food. I made turkey/veggie chili yesterday so I'm having that for dinner, cold cuts for lunch, cereal for breakfast. Jello, fruit and popcorn for snacks.

I'm having this mysterious back pain so it limits my weight training ability but I walked 30 mins and plan to walk again tomorrow morning.

raebeaR
01-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Hello, chiquitas!! :)

Thanks for starting us off for the week, mj5 -- and congrats on getting back down to your pre-holiday weight!! That's a good feeling, isn't it? Now the holidays are well behind you and you can get ON with this weight loss business!! Really glad to hear the knee is improving as well. I agree with you -- ice is the magic cure!!

dgramie, planning is the key, isn't it? I've found there are some things I just really don't want to give up while on this weight loss journey, and since I've decided it is a lifestyle change and not a diet, then I may as well start building in ways to cope with my preferences now. It's working!! So nothing is really off limits anymore, just very limited quantities of certain things, like simple carbs and wine. Enjoy the heck out of that cake!! :D

lottie63, can I come rub your head and let some of that exercise impetus rub off on me?? I just CANNOT seem to get back to it. Be proud of yourself for getting it done!! :carrot:

Beverlyjoy, very cool about the laptop and getting some relief from your back pain. Hope it feels even better soon. I've had a weird thing happening with my back as I've been losing weight... at my highest weight, I didn't really have any back pain. But as I began to head through the low 250s and upper 240s, I had some real problems. I think that, because my weight distribution was changing, my back was suddenly coping with more stress and strain than it had been -- if that makes sense at all. Hopefully your back pain will resolve as the weight comes off, too!! When I hit the lower 240s, it went away completely.

Slashnl, sorry about the dang scale. The salt really messes with us, doesn't it?? Just hang in there; that scale will move -- promise!! You're doing great. :hug:

soulnik, welcome!! Great bunch of chicks here. :) Hope your back pain resolves soon, too. Your plan looks like it's working well for you!!

Check out the ticker, ladies!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Got on the scale this morning and there it was: The 220s!! Ok, just 229, but man, I haven't been in the 220s for, uhh, a really long time!!! I barely remember the 230s except for 236 and 233... up and down, up and down, and then, whoosh, down to 231 yesterday and 229 today. All I can do is shake my head and stick with my plan... which is really not all that healthful:

Breakfast: 2 slices regular bacon, 1 oz. LF mozzarella cheese, 1 hardboiled egg, 12 oz. V-8 juice

Lunch: Cup of minestrone soup with extra veggies and beans

Dinner: Steamed spinach, baked chicken breast stuffed with ricotta cheese and topped with diced tomatoes and LF mozzarella cheese (I like cheese!!), glass of red wine

Snacks: Cup of cocoa, apple, handful of peanuts

Anyway. It's working. I'm a happy girl!!!

All the best, Rae

Beverlyjoy
01-12-2010, 06:49 AM
HI CHICKS....I just typed out a long post (it took forever because I not used to a laptop.) then my computer froze up. :(:dizzy::(

So...hi everyone. I did well yesterday, glad you are all here! Have a Great day.

lottie63
01-12-2010, 07:42 AM
well, after five days off I"m going back to work this morning. AUGH. I hate waiting for the bus in t his freezing cold.

:(

b: pb and j on wheat, chocolate almond milk
l: vegan mac n' cheese

that's all I know for sure right now. I plan to exercise tonight a bit after I get home.

soulnik
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

raebeaR - Congrats on the 220's!!!

Beverlyjoy - I hate it when that happens!

Lottie63 - Chocolate almond milk? Sounds yummy! Hope you have a good day at work.

I walked 40 mins this morning. Got to work a little early. I realized today that, while I'm staying within my points range, my food choices are not the best. But it's only the second week that I've been back on plan after almost 2 years off. It'll take some time to get back into the swing of things. So today:

Bkfst: WW egg mcmuffin, banana, coffee - 6.5 pts
Lunch: sandwhich, sf jello - 7 pts
Dinner turkey/veggie chile, small corn muffin, 100 cal pack - 8 pts
snacks: fruit/yogurt, popcorn- 7 pts

mj5
01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Good Morning everyone! I'm sad to say that my knee is sore again this morning. Not as bad as before, but not it's not feeling good. I will admit that I did not ice it last night, but I WILL tonight. I'm going to call the ortho later this am and get an appt.

Beverlyjoy--Great idea w/ the laptop!

Diane--Yea, that darn salty stuff...it's ok, though. LIke you said, Onward!

soulnik--Welcome! I made turkey/veggie chili over the weekend. It was SO good!

raebeaR--CONGRATS!!!! That is SO awesome!!!

lottie--getting back to work after a break is always tough for me!

Have a great OP day everyone! I have my gym clothes waiting for me in the car! I can at least go and ride the bike for a while tonight!!!

Slashnl
01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi all. Well, I just did the same thing with wiping out what I had just typed. Dang it. I'll come back later.

raebeaR
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
As a regular poster of too-long posts, please let me tell you what I do to avoid that really annoying situation of getting gobbled by the Post Monster: I either 1) type the post out in Word, then cut and paste it into the reply box; or 2) type it out in the reply box but highlight everything and copy to my cache before posting. That way if the post is lost, I can just paste it back into the box and re-post, thereby forcing you all to read my endless drivel... heh, heh. ;)

mj5
01-12-2010, 03:31 PM
raebeaR--That's what I do too...I type it in either Word or Word Pad...I've lost too many posts not doing that!

SnowboundChick
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Breakfast- 1 cup scrambled eggs, 2 turkey sausage, 1 slice of bacon
Lunch - tuna sandwich, noodle cup
Snacks, apple, yogurt tube, lattes (my both has a tassimo at work so it's 70 or 80 cal a cup, cheaper because i"m not spending $4 a cup now for a fancy latte, I can spend $16 and have 8 plus I don't drink them very often so it's all good.)

Exercise - went to the gym today, warm up and pull workout with a bit of ab work.

Feeling pretty good today! I'll do some catch up reading now.

Beverlyjoy
01-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Good idea about doing post in word. I usually write my post in the answer the message place at the bottom of the page,& copy it in case it doesn't go through . This morning, however, the computer froze up while I was copying it. Argggg.

Beverlyjoy
01-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Good idea about doing post in word. I usually write my post in the answer the message place at the bottom of the page,& copy it in case it doesn't go through . This morning, however, the computer froze up while I was copying it. Argggg.:p

lottie63
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't think I"ve mentioned, but I have chronic pain.

tonight is a bad night.

and I dont' want to exercise, I'm going to try in an hour or so here. (Just ate) but I don't know if I can do it. :( Maybe if I take some ibuprofen.

now to finish my menu:

d: tvp taco salad
almond milk!

Beverlyjoy
01-13-2010, 06:33 AM
HI CHICKS....yesterday was a good day, I am so grateful :) I am down one pound from last week.:) I was hoping for more. I have to remind my self that one pound equals four sticks of butter.;)

today:
meditation
lots of water
log food / feelings too if necessary
eat only when seated
eat slowly and aware
gentle stretches
ice and heat for my pieces and parts

b - egg white scramble with veggies, ketchup, npnb toast, grapes
l - thai sesame noodles, roasted green beans
s - yogurt, fruit
d - turkey italian sausage, pepper and onion, garlic toast
s - sf cocoa, pnb toast
Lottie - I live with chronic pain too. It can be tough.:hug: There are meditation cd's for people with pain. I think they can be helpful'

snowboundchick - good for you...such a healthy day.:)

soulnik - WELCOME s o glad you joinned in. You are getting into the grove! Lots of walking, good points range..go girl! :D

raebear congrats on the 220'S GREAT:carrot::carrot:

MJ - Sorry to hear the knee is painful. :hug: I hope the ortho can help.:^:

Have a great day everyone.:^:

lottie63
01-13-2010, 07:53 AM
b: pb and j on wheat, luna bar, chocolate almond milk
lunch: pb and j on wheat, luna bar (forgot to cook a lunch to take to work today)
d: Dunno yet!

didn't exercise last night, ended up falling asleep.

I decided to just do it on my days off (which are many since I'm part time)

mj5
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Good Morning! I had a rude awakening this am.....I thought it was THURSDAY!!! Ugh....oh well, at least it's 1/2 way through the week! I am going to see Wicked on Sunday night....I can't wait!!! It was a present from dh for Christmas.

snowboundchick--Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Oh man! My laptop is a little funky sometimes too...Great job on the loss!!! Hey, a loss is a loss!!!

lottie--no, I didn't know that. I am sorry you had a bad night. How are you feeling today?

I am calling the ortho today. My knee is sore, but not horrible, but it's been bouncing back and forth between sore and horrible and I don't like that. I have been taking the REAL pain meds at night and I don't like that either....oh well, gotta sleep!

Have a great OP day everyone. I am already drinking water. My gym clothes are in the car waiting for me....I am ready to go!

dgramie
01-13-2010, 09:25 AM
breakfast- yogurt and fruit and coffee
lunch- fish and green beans
dinner - porkchop( if tummy is up to it) boiled potatoes and green beans
Im running my daycare but only have 2 kids..thinking it might be a fun day to try a homemade bread recipe. I need to learn how to make bread and it actually turn out right. My last attempt rose but was tough. Im not using a bread machine just homemade from scratch.
Hope everyone has a good day.

soulnik
01-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Good day yesterday. I walked in the morning then bought a Wii last night (to replace the iPhone that I returned...treat for my excellent bonus from work). I did sports with the Wii for over an hour and LOVED IT!

Today: Walked 30 mins and the food plan is:

Morning
Good Start Lean Breakfast Sandwich 5
1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0.5
yogurt - 2

Midday
small clementine 0.5
Turkey Chile 4
Jiffy Corn Muffins 2

Evening
2 Sugar Free Pudding Chocolate 2.5
mixed veggies -0
Lean Cuisine - 6

snacks
small apple(s) 1
100 cal pack - 2
popcorn 1

@lottie: sorry you're in pain. sometimes you just have to rest and take care to take care of your body.

@mj5: sorry you're in pain too. glad you're calling the doc. the meds can be a real downer but at least they're helping in the short term.

@beverly: go girl! down a pound! Work it!!!

@dgramie: baking bread! more power to ya chica. I don't have the kind of courage. lol. enjoy!

rakel
01-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Just as expected, my weight went up a little bit, but the trend is still downward, so I'm not too worried about it. This week is going to be tough because we have a conference every night at church this week, which means I have even less time to get my exercise in. Thankfully, dinner is provided for, but I also don't have much control over what is there, so I have to have a lot of willpower to eat right. Tonight I did decent. I tried to not eat any dessert at all but the coconut cream cake was calling my name so I took about the smallest sliver I could cut off just to have 2-3 bites and that was sweet enough for me. It was about 700 cals total: a 4" sub (I hollowed out some of the bread from the sandwich because it was just too much), a serving of chips (I counted!), 2 deviled egg halves, a small salad with 1tsp dressing, and of course the 2-3 bites of cake. After I ate, I wrote everything down so when I got home I could put it all into Livestrong and guesstimate the calories as close as possible.

I'm pretty tired, otherwise I would write out more personal notes to everyone... but for those who have lost, congrats! For those having some health problems that make it difficult to exercise: hang in there! New people: welcome!

And with that, I am off :)

SnowboundChick
01-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Today not so good. At home sick.

Breakfast: scramble eggs
Lunch: left over hamburger helper from 2 nights ago.
Dinner: 3 chicken legs, 1 c. rice, 1c. mushroom soup, bunch of raw veggies with ranch dip and a glass of orange juice.
Snack: hot chocolate(am) pepsi (tonight)
Did drink lot's of water though!

No exercise but since I was home ended up switching laundry and moving some stuff around in that room and my bedroom closet. A little organization.

Lottie: that sucks that you are in pain on top of everything else. Hang in there and take care of you!

Beverly: Good job, you are doing great!

Mj5 - that's terrible, skipping a whole day!!

dgramie - sounds like you are on plan. i bought a bosch 2 years ago to help with making bread in our house but I haven't found a good recipe the dh likes. he's wants a whole grain with some flavour and a little density. The one I have is too light and airy for him.

soulnik - you had a yummy day!! I love our Wii, i just wish i used it more!

rakel - sounds like you are very aware and taking care of it! Right on!

dgramie
01-14-2010, 06:58 AM
I found the perfect recipe for rolls...kept sampling them yesterday because I couldnt believe I made them.LOL I will make another batch over the weekend and then freeze them. Everyone raved over them.I am pumped and they were pretty easy overall.
Yesterday didnt go as planned 4 rolls in all...so not a good day with food.
Today will be better

lottie63
01-14-2010, 07:28 AM
thanks everyone, yesterday was good until 430, then the pain got bad, hopefully today will be better, with the weather getting better and stuff.

b: rice and seitan nuggets
l: kun pao vegan lunch box from trader joe's
dinner: zucchini and seitan

Beverlyjoy
01-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi - chicks....I am running out the door. Will catch up later.

soulnik
01-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Yesterday was awesome! I walked 12,000 steps and did the Wii for an hour. I love that thing! Food was good. I went to bed with 6 unused points. I didn't walk this morning but plan to Wii later today.

Food for the day:
Morning

Midday
mixed veggies 0
Deli sandwhich 7

Evening
Turkey Chile 4
Jiffy Corn Muffins 2
100 cal pack 2

Snacks
1 small apple(s) 1
yogurt - Quick-added food 2
3 small Clementine 1

@SnowboundChick - Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon.

@dgramie - Mmmmmm. Rolls. (Said with the Homer Simpson drool.) I can't resist home baked food. Freezing sounds like a good idea. Enjoy!

@lottie - Sorry you're in so much pain. Is there anything that can be done to alleviate it?

lottie63
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
soul, I am going to the doc next month.

mj5
01-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, the day just got away from me. I ran out of time to call the ortho, but I have a note taped to my phone at work....I will call as soon as they open this am!!!

food choices have been pretty good, but I haven't been exercising b/c of my knee pain. I have to get this taken care of so I can move forward.

Have a great OP day everyone!

mj5
01-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Oh, I almost forgot!!! I was quite proud of myself yesterday....it was one of my staff's bday and we always have a special snack at our Team Meeting when there is a bday. I bought stuff for "healthier" make your own sundaes (ff frozen yogurt, lots of fruit, a small pkg of brownies, etc) Everyone LOVED it. In fact, they asked if that could be the b.day "treat" from now on! Plus, everyone had fun making their own sundaes! AND...I had just eaten lunch and wasn't hungry, so I didn't have any. I didn't even want any. We put out the leftovers for the residents in our program AND when I left for the day I saw several of them munching on the fruit--that made me feel good too!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi chicks...yesterday was crazy....I have a cold and towtwo days ago took a non-drowsy cold medcine. However, it prevented me from sleeping one minute. Yikes. I had two performances - luckily the adrenaline kicked and it went well. Boy was I tired last night. Even better news is the my eating was good...I am so grateful.

raebeaR
01-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Good morning, chicks!! :)

Beverlyjoy, well done for staying on your plan despite being sick. I don't know about you, but when I don't feel well, I always want "comfort" food -- which for me usually means things I shouldn't have!!

mj5, PLEASE post that you've contacted your ortho today, ok? Sounds like you're really, really busy, but still spreading a positive message of healthful eating and taking good care of yourself, knee excepted!! You're such an inspiration!!

lottie63, hope your pain is better soon, too -- do you have to wait until next month to see your doc?

soulnik, you're doing so well!! Because of you, I'm going to get on my Wii Fit today FOR SURE. 12,000 steps -- I get exhausted just thinking of it!! Keep going, girl!!

dgramie, I'd love your roll recipe!! I bake all my own bread and have some roll recipes I like, but I'm always on the lookout for a fantastic one. I'm not eating much bread these days, but I still often bake for others, so would you be willing to share?

SnowboundChick, sure hope you're feeling better soon!! You still seem like you're doing reasonably well on your plan despite illness. That's so impressive!!

rakel, great approach to dealing with the cake!! You've got a plan for dealing with a challenging time food-wise. Can't do better than that!!

I'm still on my plan and plugging away... getting ready to step on the scale shortly. Tomorrow I will have officially completed 3 months on my plan, so it's really become a habit at this point. The new sweetie arrives on February 8th for a week-long visit... I want to look the best I can by then.

Ok, ton of work to get done today, so I'd best get moving... take good care, everyone, and stay in touch!! :D

All the best, Rae

soulnik
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Yesterday was good. Stayed on program. I've been trying to stay away from this DELICIOUS kettle corn that I love. 120 cals for 2 cups. Not bad but I can't stop at 2 cups. I broke down and bough THREE BAGS yesterday. I had 4 servings!!! Stayed in my points range but still a bit much. I did the wii for about 1.5 hours. I'm totally sore but loving it.

Food for today:
Morning

Midday
SF jello 0
mixed veggies 0
roast beef sandwhich 7

Evening
Turkey Chile 4
Jiffy Corn Muffins 2

Snacks
3 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 8.5
1 small apple(s) 1
2 small clementine 0.5

@Lottie: glad you see the doc soon.

@mj5: YOU ROCK! Great idea and glad it went well.

@raebeaR: I love my Wii. Enjoy!!! Get "Just Dance". It's so much fun!!!

Beverlyjoy
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Hi chicks- yesterday I stayed with my plan - I am so grateful. :) I am still dealing with a head cold. Just makes me feel blah...but, one thing is ...it will go away eventually.

For today:

meditation
stretches and strengthening
lots of water
log food
fork down between bites
aware eating
no second helpings
eat only when seated

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, pnb toast, clemintine
lunch - turkey and lite cheese wrap with lite cheese, roasted green beans
snack - yogurt, cereal
dinner - ham and bean soup, corn bread, small salad
snackk - oatmeal, flax,milk, cinn.

soulnik - so glad to hear you worked the kettle corn into your plan. :D You're doing great! Wonderful planning!

raebear - glad things are going well. I bet you are anxious to see your sweetie. :):)

Mj = what a good idea for a treat at work. :) Definately filing that one in my brain. Hope your knee is improving.

Everyone = have a terrific Saturday!

soulnik
01-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm running out the door to my Biggest Loser Challenge meeting but wanted to say hi. I find weekends so hard. No routine makes it harder to stay focused. But I have a plan for the day. Going out to dinner with a friend and we're going to Applebee's so I can take advantage of the 550 calorie meals.

Have a good day ladies!

Beverlyjoy
01-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi chicks - I stayed with my plan and am grateful.:) I have a horrible head cold and a very sore foot/ankle. :( Thankfully - I am not overeating because of it. Not exactly sure why not :dizzy: -- but, I'll take it.

lots of water
log food and time I take to eat it
stretches and strengthening - done!
aware eating
fork down between bites
no second helpings
eat only when seated
ice and heat
meditation - haven't done it in a couple of days

breakfast - corn bread, egg white scramble, ketchup, clementine
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich with lite mayo, veggies
snack - yougurt and cereal
dinner - cup of ham and bean soup, corn bread, salad
snack - fiber one bar, grapes

Soul nik- hope your applebee's supper was good.:)

Everyone...have a great day.:D

mj5
01-17-2010, 07:34 AM
hi everyone! Yesterday was super busy....two volleyball games (they are SO long!) and then a basketball game....you would think after all these years they would figure out a way to make bleachers more comfy! LOL! Even with all of my ahem, padding...my butt hurts! I finally called and made an ortho appt. Of course, the first two available dates, I couldn't take...oh well,

Tonight we are going to see Wicked! i cannot wait!!!!

soulnik
01-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Hey Chicas -

Yesterday was good. Applebees was...strange. All they have is the calorie count, no other nutritional info. So you really don't know what you're eating. The fat could be off the charts. The serving size for the 550 cal steak is a 7 oz steak! I couldn't risk it so I had the 7 pt Weight Watchers steak meal. It was a 4 oz steak which is a much saner portion size and at least I knew what I was getting.

Today I'm getting a new Wii exergame called Wii Active. I'm psyched about that.

Food for the day:
Morning
1 1/2 cup(s) Total Raisin Bran 4
1 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 2

Midday
lean cuisine 6
1 c. mixed veggies 0

Evening
1 c. green beans - 0
1 serving extra lean Beef shepherd's pie 7

Snacks
3 small clementine 1
1 medium apple(s) 1
yogurt - 2
2 serving(s) Kettle Corn - Popcorn, Indiana 5

raebeaR
01-17-2010, 10:32 AM
'Morning, chicks,

Just touching base before I get on with my busy day... hope everyone is well!

soulnik, sounds like you are chugging along and doing great! Interesting about Applebee's. I think you made a wise choice!

mj5, so glad to hear you've made your appointment, though sorry you're having to wait so long. Enjoy Wicked!!

Beverlyjoy, sorry you're coping with a cold... it's rough being sick at any time, but especially when you're trying to stick to a food plan. I'm glad you're doing so well despite everything, and I hope the foot/ankle is better soon, too!!

And yes, I'm eager to see my sweetie... for me, it's more than just excitement at the prospect of a new relationship... it marks the end of the very painful, extended grieving period for my late husband. Sweetie lost his wife as well, so we have this in common. We're both exploring Life After Widowhood, and since we were such close friends 20 years ago, it's been relatively comfortable and easy for us. I'm still extremely apprehensive about the whole nekkid thing that's coming up... there's just no hiding this massive belly!! I just realized I've never been in a relationship as a fat person. I have no idea how all that is going to go. Gad. I think I'll go clean my floors and try not to think about it!!!

Best to all, Rae

lottie63
01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
morning ladies,

I'm having a weird couple of days. I ate out a bit, stayed mostly within' my cals but TOO MUCH SODIUM. I am bloated. :(

b: vegan mac n cheese leftovers
l: zucchini and sweet potato stir fry
d: I have no idea.

:P

throw some hummus and veggies in there too!

My mood might be shifting, I'm having a couple of mania symptoms. I'llgive it three more days, if it gets any worse I will have to take some zyprexa for a week or so (which causes weight gain so I try and not take it too often) but this is my manic time, jan-april, sometimes early may.

if i make it till june I'm safe. usually. ;)

dgramie
01-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Rae- you crack me up..at this rate you will be able to eat off your floors. You are doing great keep it up.

mj- I so agree with you on the bleachers. My son wrestled for 12 yrs plus baseball for 8 and football for 9yrs. My girls played volleyball and cheered. I lived on the bleachers and I swear my bottom is shaped like it today.LOL

bev- i think you shared your head cold with me. Actually I went to our local(huge) antique mall yesterday and spend a few hours just looking around and got so stopped up in there. Its in an old building and I guess lots of mold on the antiques and books. I did buy a pretty wineglass for a dollar. :)

soul- I noticed you put the points down for everything..thanks its really helping me.Im new to ww points and still having trouble finding out the points on things.
Im going to meet my sister for lunch on monday. We are meeting at a redlobster.Im going to the dotties website and look at the points in the meals so I can plan ahead.Im planning for 2 rolls.LOL
breakfast- thin bun-1pt egg whites-1pt ham1 pt coffee 1pt - 4pts total