Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Core Chat: Jan. 11- Jan. 17

Tejas
01-11-2010, 09:21 AM
New Pages!

:gossip: :grouphug:

Tejas
01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Good Morning!

I'm off soon to meet the new trainer. His name is Todd, he's young and cute: that will motivate me!

The sky is pink, and all is well here. I hope you're having as good a day as you possible can.

We all know what to do: stay OP, move, and drink that water.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi Rhonda, thanks for getting us started and congrats on knowing DH for 50 years!!! Wow. DH and I have known each other 26, and been together 18 of those. Time goes by....

In my town there is a farm that is being started up again this year. They offered CSA shares and I bought in. If you're not familiar - CSA is Community Supported Agriculture. There were 40 slots offered, we each pay to join which helps support the farm. In return we get weekly supplies from the farm from April till November. It comes out to be about $20 per week, which I spend much more than that at the Farmer's market weekly. I can't wait for the first weeks basket in the spring! Has anyone done something like this in the past?

Have a great week! I'm doing really well. Still have not officially wi, maybe Friday. :o

Vickie
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Good Morning chicks! I'm off to JC and then to get my hair cut and colored. Big day for me. I hope I can sit in the chair long enough.

Paula, I LOVE that idea. I have always been tempted. We don't eat all veggies and fruit. I'm not sure they'd let us pick and choose.

nancy237
01-11-2010, 11:57 AM
Okay Rhonda..We all want a picture of Todd :strong:
maybe he can motivate us all.:angel:

L.J.
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi All...NO internet connection all weekend..ughh. At&T just left. Back up and running.
Thanks Vickie for the welcome back and well wishes. I'm hanging in there. I still have "my" moments of disbelief, and get angry, but I always say, I'm here to talk about it.

Was very cold here this past week, something we're not used to and I noticed the cold kind of "wet" my appetite. Weird I'm sure. I am now tittering back and forth between Pts and Core....If Pts, can I still post here?
I've also looked at some other weight loss programs, I have been doing WW for 9 years, (still in good standing) however some days I feel burnt out, but it is a great program.
Anyway...it's still cold here..I'm working from home today, so I'm good. Believe it or not, I'm hungry...what is up with that...I'm telling ya, it's the cold :D Going to go have a cup of coffee.
C-ya later....
Oh and Rhonda, I agree with Nancy a photo of Todd would be just fine. Enjoy your workout ;)
Happy 'belated' Birthday Sandra. :hat:

L.J.
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Vickie, I just noticed that WONDERFUL number on your Chick!!
Congrats!! That's awesome!!!!

Vickie
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Hey Chicks. I just stopped in to have lunch and put my food away before my hair appointment. Between last week and this week, I lost 1 pound. Not satisfied but I'll take it. I guess that's not bad for eating out twice and no exercise. I'll do better.

Linda, no one leaves here unless they want to. We are all supportive of Core. In my case, I plan to go back on WW and Core/Momentum as soon as Jim tells me that he's ready for me to start cooking again. Thanks for the congratulations.

I'm going to work really hard to lose at least a pound this week. I've got some social eating occasions, but I'm going to try. It would be great to mark off another fifteen pound marker and get my 45 pound chick.

Everyone....drink your water. I've been lax with mine. I'll do better too.

beach bum
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
HI Ladies:)

Had my first attempt in making Beef Stew with Guinness Stout.Leo always made the stews & chilis for extreme cold days,but now its my turn if I want them as a cold winter nights meal.Had my first taste and its wasn't bad,I think I put too much of the stout in it but I'm learning right!!!!!

GOT ON THE SCALE TODAY AND I'M DOWN TWO[2] LBS. so I guess cooking & tasting isn't the culprit. Its mere portion control with small dishes.

RHONDA=Walked with Leslie for 15M and will go on my bike for 30 after I post here. Thanks for starting us up today. I think in order it keep me moving I will have to exercise in the morning before breakfast.

PAULA-Is that a community farm that supports the the food centers. Everyone in the town can get a plot and grow all sorts of veggies and in the process you share with the ones less fortunate than yourself.

VICKIE-Congrats on your lost pound. JC is really working for you.I had my hair cut also this weekend,glad to the mess off my head.

LJ-Its cold here too but a least we had the sun out all day and melted some of the ice and snow.

Have a great evening,have to put my stew away in the freezer.

Tejas
01-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I have a picture of me with Todd, but I don't know how to attach it. Help!

DH has said that he will attempt to eat only what I put in front of him and not snack at home...wish me luck!

Rhonda

L.J.
01-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Hi Again Everyone....
Thanks Vickie, I hate to leave now that I found you all again :hug: It was like coming home.
A pound is a great loss. Remember it's 3,500 calories you didn't take it. So Good Job!!

I didn't have a great day today. I seemed to have started out good and then, wham-o. I was all journaled and everything...go figure! So any suggestions are welcomed.
What I need to do is get some walking in, I love to walk... but it has been so cold. I did get a bike from Santa and was able to ride during the Christmas holiday, but the last 10 days have been waayyy too chilly.

I have a splitting headache now which I think is from the choices I made so far today. Tonights dinner may just be...something simple.

I'm going to journal my day for tomorrow.. A CORE day
Anyway, I am glad you are all here for moral and emotional support.
I had an emotional day today and I guess I fed the feelings....
Have a wonderful evening....stay warm.

nancy237
01-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Rhonda...
I found this information under the general forum information.
I have not done a photo before but maybe the information will help.

You may use attachments to attach an image to your post.

To attach an image to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: gif jpeg jpg.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message.

nancy237
01-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Rhonda,
I tested out the picture posting info and it worked.
I think you have to do a "new thread" post.

Under the post area click "attachments"

Click "browse from your computer"
select the picture in your files.
and then select "open"
and then "upload"

The picture thumbnail should appear in your post.

Hope this helps.

I just saw the same attachment option under the " reply"
screen , so maybe it doesn't have to be a "new thread"

sloanie
01-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey chicks, we go back to school tomorrow. It feels like we have been out since before Christmas, but who's complainin' ? I've been embarassingly lazy, so I need to go back just to get motivated. Sandra, we have 13 snow days in our calendar, so we don't have to make up days unless we go over 13.

I just got home from Bible study, and it's late so I can't speak to everyone. I'll check in tomorrow. Have a good night, y'all.

blessedwithsarah
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, isn't Tod a cutie!! And Rhonda you look FABUlOUS! The working out has really paid off!

Vickie
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just flying through. I have to get my tree down in the next couple of days so I don't dare tax my hamstring sitting here too long.

Rhonda, you look awesome!

Mary Ann, it's fun to cook and will be a nice distraction for you.

Linda, isn't it great that we know when we haven't made the best choices? Now you just have to correct. That's the hard part. I hope your evening went well.

Sloan and Paula, how are things going?

I'm hungry all the time lately. I'm thinking hormones.

beach bum
01-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Ladies

The sun is shinning and I'm going to Leo's grave as it 2 months now that he was buried. I want to see whether they have the permanent grave stone on yet.

Nothing new going to have my homemade stew for my main meal.

RHONDA-WOW Todd is a good looking instructor,and you are looking great,see what being fateful to exercising does. Have to start doing it again.

VICKIE-Thanks, Its more like a soup than stew have to add some tomato paste to thicken up the liquid.

See you guys later.Have to go, have my dinner and than go to the Christmas Tree Shop and than to the cemetery.

nancy237
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Rhonda... Todd is a real cutie!!! You look great..

That is a great idea to get a personal trainer.

Robin is doing his Nutrisystem Plan and not complaining too much.
Last night I fixed stuff to go with his meal, steak and potato for my son and
chicken soup for me.

It will be easier when we get used to his plan.

Vickie
01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Good luck to him, Nancy!

Tejas
01-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Hi All:

Todd looks like my DH's youngest son, so that's a little interesting. Thanks for the cudos. My body is reshaping itself even if the weight isn't falling off as quickly as I want it to do.

DH said that he had to get serious about his weight. I told him about the various views on Nutrisystem. But, I also said that if he would eat only what I put in front of him, he would lose weight. He's going to try that approach.

Vickie...congrats on the 44 pounds down.

I'm going to take a nap and then go to spinning or aerobics class.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Rhonda, you look awesome! And Todd? He's a cutie, too.

I thought I'd posted yesterday but see I hadn't. Sorry about that. Guess I'm having senior moments.

Vickie, congratulations on losing that pound. You're doing great. Are you wanting to start cooking or are you still good with JC?

Maryann, we're all still learning in the kitchen. I'll bet your stew was good and perfect for cold weather eating. Congratulations on your 2 lb lost.

Sloan, I'll bet you almost feel spoiled being out so long. Don't get too tired when you go back. Take it easy and don't lose your voice.

Waving at LJ and Nancy. It's good to have you both here. I need your support.

I'm typing quickly as it's about time for me to leave to go to :swim:. I just bought a 30 visit pass. Life is good.

Rhonda, Doyle will probably lose a lot quickly. I remember how well he did just cutting down on bread and potatoes. Tell him I wish him the best of success. And tell him I'm still working at losing, too. I'll bet he'll be surprised I'm not down to 120 or something by now. (Just kidding!)

Got to go. The pool opens @ 4 and I want to be there in line. The Cleburne Swim Team will be there training. Can you imagine how different I look compared to them? :lol:

sloanie
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey chicks, boy am I tired! I did a lot of work at school today then took DD shopping to get her some new jeans. She has been pretty faithful to core for several weeks now and has lost 5 pounds. Her college girl wardrobe is awful! I told her that I thought she would be more motivated to lose the weight if she felt like she looked good right now, not after the weight is gone. Since my budget is tight, we just got one pair of jeans (one size smaller than the last ones), a sweater and a cami. Hopefully, we can build on that very soon. As soon as I got home, we had supper, and I have been working on school stuff ever since. I'm bushed! I'll try to speak to each of you tomorrow. Nighty, night!

Tejas
01-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Good advice to your daughter, Sloan!

We should all remember that we need pride in our appearance.

Rhonda

Tejas
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi:

I get the "last on, first on" prize today. I just deleted my post with Todd's picture. I realized that I shouldn't post it without his permission, or at least I feel that way about it.

I subscribe to the Mayo Clinic newsletter and received an email today about weight loss. They have a very thorough piece about it, but continue to stress that eating is the MOST important issue in weight loss and that is as simple as calories in and calories out. 3500 calories equal a pound. So get rid of 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week.

There was also a calculator about how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. From that you can subtract the 500 calories a day and determine what you should eat to lose a pound or two a week. According to those calculations I would be starving if I tried to lose two pounds a week :lol: No wonder it is so slow, and that is probably why exercise helps, when it does.

I hope you have a great day!

Rhonda

L.J.
01-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Good Morning Chicks :D....don't think I've been here in a few days, but anyway...those days were so totally off program. Sad but true. I had some emotions going on, and fed the feelings.
I feel 'anew' today and realize I "must" be diligent (sp?) in my efforts. So today, is my 'new' start date. I will be following SFT/CORE. I am even going to pick up a whole chicken and make my own rotiserrie chicken. I got the recipe a few years ago from one of the other CORE boards...maybe BootCampbuddies. But it's great and the meat falls off the bone. I will read and re-read my week 6 booklet for empowerment. I really NEED to do this.
Now that the weather is warming here, I can continue my walking.

Rhonda, Todd is a cutie patutie, but I understand why you had to take the pic's off. I envy you for having a trainor. As for the calorie calculations, I also read lower them by 500 wkly to lose 1 and 1000 to lose 2. I think that is a bit extreme. Following the WW Healthy Guidelines for the most part is all we need to do.
Sloanie Kudo's to your daughter, that's inspirational
Sandra We have water exercise here as well, but it's outdoors, so the past few weeks no one was there :D

I may have a Fruit Smoothie as a snack, anyone who knows me here knows I have a hard time with Fruit...I am a BIG veggie person. Vickie taught me a long time ago, the trick of getting my fruit in is by having a 'homemade' smoothie. I never forgot your advice, Vickie. Today will be Strawberry Smoothie.

I dont' know everyone's name yet, but I hope you all have a wonderful day. I feel SO focused....guess eating like I shouldn't have the past several days has put things into prospective for me.
I will be checking the Recipe board as well.
I also think I need to come here more than every few days.

L.J.
01-13-2010, 10:04 AM
PS...not being here for a few days at a time..unfortunately, makes for a longer post :D sorry about that!!

nancy237
01-13-2010, 12:33 PM
:tantrum: where is Todd.
Good thing I had already made a wall size poster of him :joker:

Rhonda, Seriously , I am sorry I talked you into posting his picture.
I never thought about the fact he might mind...good thinking about taking the picture down.

Maybe I can find that caloriecalculator on the Mayo web site.
Robin was just asking me about maintenance calories last night.

LJ ..is that rotisserie chicken hard to do ??? Sounds good.
I like the idea about the fruit smoothies.
I have trouble with enough veggies ,so I hide those in my soups.
Don't apologize for long post..We like hearing what is going on with you

Vickie
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Good Morning Chicks! The hamstring is still hurting but I'm forging ahead.

Sloan, I'm so glad you have your daughter home with you. She will heal and be good as new in no time.

Rhonda, I've used the Mayo calculator and I think it's quite accurate. I think it said that just to live and breathe I need 2050 calories a day to maintain. I'd have to go down to 1550 calories to lose a pound on those weeks where I don't do any exercise. I don't want to ever go that low even though Jenny wants me at 1500. But, I'd have to say that the calculator is pretty darned accurate. I normally eat around 1650 calories a day which is a 400 calorie savings per day. Times 7 it's 2800 which comes out to .8 which is generally what I lose each week when not exercising too much. So.....to much math? Anyway, that was my long way of saying....check out the calculator. I love that it tells you what you will burn at your age, height, weight, and sex which is different for me.

Linda, as long as I'm around you NEVER have to worry about long posts. I'm the Queen. I never think to apologize for it. I guess I figure if folks think it's too long, they won't read or they skim! I'm glad you are still enjoying the smoothies. I could go for the Chocoloate Banana one!

I'll be back.

Vickie
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think the link to the Mayo calorie counter is illegal. If it is, the Administrator will remove it.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

nancy237
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
With the calculator I get
2200 calories for Robin at 260 pounds
and 2300 calories at 215 pounds.
Both are at 58 years/6 ft/ and inactive(because of knee pain)

We are trying to figure out maintenance once he reaches 215.
Maybe I am entering info wrong.

Vickie
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I got the same thing, Nancy. I'm not an expert at this but maybe when he is at 215 he has more lean muscle mass and therefore will burn more calories just "breathing" than he is now.

Maybe Rhonda, or resident healthy girl can explain.

blessedwithsarah
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the calculator. I was just playing with it -- at my current weight I need 2150 calories to maintain, 10 less its 2050 and 20 pounds less its 2000. No wonder I feel like I'm eating the same amount of food but not losing!!!!! I really need to CUT back to 1500 calories to make a difference -- or I could start exercising more.....

Hope everyone is doing well. I cooked like crazy yesterday. I made turkey chili and a spinach quiche. I bought a chicken rather than cook it. Just too easy. So I have tons on plan food.

I did finally decide to go back to core but a low carb version with NO processed foods. So, very similar to SBD but I missed my fruit too much. I"m going to do this for a few weeks and see what happens.

BBL.

L.J.
01-13-2010, 02:37 PM
The rotisserri (not sure of spelling) is so easy. You know the old saying, if I can do it, anyone can.
Well I'm here to tell you in this case that is true.
All you need to do is remove skin, that's the most work..Take it off before you cook it. Season to your likes, and I usually spray with Pam or some sort before, so the seasons stick.
Place it in the crock pot in one of those crock pot liner thingys, breast down. Roll up medium size balls of tin foil under it to lift it. I put my yams in tin foil and use that to raise it.
Place on 8 hours, sounds long but if you go about your day when it's done ,you've got a great meal to enjoy...it's dee-lish!! You just need to figure the best time of weekday or weekend best suits you. It's worth a shot.
It really is easy. This is coming from someone who thinks cooking is SO overrated :D
I picked up the chicken and yams and will do it for tomorrow night's dinner. Change of plans, tonight will be Shrimp and Brocoli stir-fry.

BlessedwithSarah...that's funny when I 'tried' SB, I missed my bread items :D
I'm with you on the processed stuff. My goal is to get away from that, that is why took a stand today, I took out my Turn-Around cookbook. Anyone remember that?
Good Luck to you. I hope to report a loss to all of you from my next weigh in.
I'll BBL

blessedwithsarah
01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Oh, I like the idea of putting sweet potatos in the foil. Need to try that one!!! Thanks LJ.

beach bum
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Another busy day,I'm almost finished with the computer room. Found a Cannon Camera book that Leo had going to give it to my daughter,as shed a camera buff.

Made a sauerbraten chicken for dinner.I Really mad a saurbraten gravy and than poured it over the cooked chicken.

SANDRA- The stew turned our OK after I put some tomato paste and a little flour to make the both thicker.

RHONDA-I believe that the Mayo clinic is right. That the reason I eat a certain amount of calories than I minus my activity to get my total calories for the day.My calories were 1465 - 311 burned exercise cal =1154 total cal.

LJ-I go to freedieting.com for my calorie count.I guess either way is correct.

Have to go start my supper,we see you in the A.M.

sloanie
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Hey chicks! I'm still soooo tired today! I didn't sleep well last night, so I need to go to bed early. Thanks for the kind remarks about DD. She told me today that she has lost 7.5 pounds since she came home in Dec. She is very excited about that. Also, she interviewed for a job this week, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for an opening soon (she's a hair dresser).

I plan on going to the calorie calculator when I finish posting. I'll let y'all know how many calories I should be eating.

I've got to get off here before I fall asleep while typing. I'll check in tomorrow. TTFN

Tejas
01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I did the calculator again. I should be eating 1250 to lose one pound a week. I couldn't possibly take off another 500 calories, so I'll have to exercise them off.

Oh well....

Sleep tight!

Rhonda

nancy237
01-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Okay..whatever the heck combo type diet I have come up with is not working.
I gained another pound and my avatar weight is not even close.
I am going to change it to the correct weight of 146...
I am so disappointed that I have gained 4 pounds in just a few months.

I have decided to go back to a strict Core diet and I need a few reminders
about how to handle cold cereal, potatoes, and pasta.
If they are whole grain do I have just one a day.

Core will be easy to do with Robin doing Nutrisystem because he needs a lot of fruits and veggies also.

ps. I changed my picture to remind myself to walk in the morning..(but not in green pajamas and a hat ;)

Tejas
01-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Good Early Morning:

See what I get for bragging about how much weight I can lift with my legs! I am so sore from yesterday's lower body workout that I may have to crawl through the house today. If I can actually move by 9AM I might go to aquafit. But, then, again, I might NOT!

Nancy, since you are gaining, why not be really strict for a while and have the bread/pasta/potatoes only once during the day? Surely it isn't going to hurt you in any way to see if cutting back those kinds of carbs helps you over a week or two. Perhaps if you eat cereal, you could sprinkle some wheat germ on it (don't forget the calories in that), or put ground flax seed on those types of carbs...you'll get the fiber and the B vitamins and healthy oils.
Also, check your cereal and bread for the sugar content.

BTW, I have no idea why someone would get more allowed calories at a lower body weight!

But, I do accept that it is basically math and physics: we want more calories out than in. I accept that there are plateaus and special situations, but mostly it's just "do the math" I believe.

Rhonda

L.J.
01-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Morning All....how is everyone??
I had a great ON program day yesterday. I feel proud. Totally SFT/CORE. No pts used, and a very satisfying day I might add.
I did the calorie thing too, but if I start thinking that I'll totally messed my focus up, so I'll continue with Core/SFT, and now that it's actually going to be warm here today, I just may talk a walk if my day allows. I do have the Wii in case, so really no excuse not to do anything :D
Nancy Potatoes, WW Pasta, Brown Rice= only one of these a day without having to count. If you have a 2nd then you would count it.
Cold cereal has to be eaten with fat free milk, it's also a 1 meal aday item. Unfortunately cold cereal doesn't work well for me. I had oatmeal cooked with FF milk yesterday instead of water for the 1st time, and that kept me for several hours. I had a great eating day yesterday. I truly believe if we follow SFT/Core as written we don't have to worry about all the rest. There are minor adjustments to SFT. Condiments are not on the Filling Foods list any longer, but a serving size is either 0pts, or maybe one if you double it. If I can help in any way please let me know.

Vickie I SO enjoyed my 2 Fresh Strawberry smoothies yesterday. One midmorning, one midafternoon.

Today I have lots of errands to run inbetween work. I have my journal done so I am good to go.
I hope everyone before and after my post has a wonderful day.
Because I need the support I will be back here later...to read and get inspired.
Ciao for now....

nancy237
01-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the help everyone..

Rhonda..
sorry you are sore . At least you know you are
working some new muscles.. Lots of water and some easy stretching
will help your sore muscles. Do you have a hot tub?? That might help.
I like the wheat germ idea..I forget about that food.

LJ
Thanks for clearing up the core info.
I am not much for the cold cereal either, so
I just need to remember to only have a
potato/brown rice OR WW pasta daily (probably dinner)
and count any bread I have.

I have some Lean Cuisines I hate to waste so if they have one
of these foods I can still use them up.

I am being so good I even counted my coffee creamer this morning.
It is 40 calories. If I switch to hot tea I won't need the creamer.

I am trying to start walking also. I run errands every day so I thought I could combine a walk and errands daily. Early morning would be my ideal but
I don't have the will power right now to do that with the cold weather.

Vickie
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm running out to appointments and errands but wanted to say hello.

I love that there are so many of us here now. I got an email from Froufie and she says a BIG hello to everyone.

Rhonda, I agree with you about reducing calories. Dr. Oz says we should never eat less than 1800. I told my JC counselor that and she rolled her eyes. It's hard to know what to follow, but I've decided I'm not ever going below 1500 if I ever get there. Exercise is just going to have to do it for me too.

I'll be back!

blessedwithsarah
01-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone. Doing well this week. Getting back to Core with no extra stuff or processed has been easier than I figured. I do feel in control so far, which is big for me.

Vickie -- just looking at your siggie while writing this. Your so close to 15 pd #3!!! Keep it up girl.

Nancy - be sure any cold cereal has no sugar in it. The only ones I ate were Fiber one, shredded wheat and grapenuts. I seem to do better with protein in the morning. I made a quiche this week (sauteed onions mushrooms and spinach. put that in a pie plate, topped with low fat cheese; top with 6 eggs scrambled with some ff milk. It made enough for 6 breakfasts and its a good size).

Hi Rhonda, Sandra, LJ, Maryann, Sloan. Sorry if I missed anyone!

L.J.
01-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Good day today so far.
BlessedwithSarah (please forgive me, I don't know your first name?)
you are right about the cereal having no sugar.
The one's I have had are Fiber One, Shredded Wheat, and now Ezekiel 4:9 the original (kind of like grapenuts) is also on the SFT list, amongst others in the new CFC. Your breakfast sounds great!! Sounds like something I will do for tomorrow breakfast :D Thanks for sharing!
Vickie I remember Froufy...hope she is well. You are one busy lady :D
Nancy by all means you can have the Lean Cuisines, just need to count the points. I think that is what you were asking. I have few myself, that I may use next week, once I get this week done and am successful. Are you counting or doing SFT/Core?
Rhonda Hope you feeling less sore. I'm sure it gets better.

It's nearly 4pm, and by then I'll be ready for a PM snack...not sure if I'll have a smoothie or a sliced HB egg w/side of Compari tomatoes. Got my all my water (liquids) in even though now any liquid counts towards it, but if it has pts, it must be counted.

Looking forward to dinner....WW pasta, with soy crumbles, tomato sauce and I'm going to mix in peas and carrots, kind of like a stew.

Last night for a snack, would you believe I had 4 oz (my left over for the day) of Fat Free milk. It was quite satisfying.
Well I have some work I have to catch up on....I'm going to try and read more later, as I need the reinforcement.
Enjoy your evening. Sending hello's to Sandra, Maryann and Sloanie :wave:

Tejas
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Everyone who has posted today sounds really upbeat. That's nice..let's do this!

Yes, I have a hot tub, and I just got out of it. Unfortunately over the last week the water went from questionable to disgusting and we had to change it and heat it yesterday. But, it was ready for the afternoon today. I sat in it and then did some stretching. I'll survive, I think!

We went out for breakfast and I was proud of myself: egg beaters, turkey bacon, dry ww toast, tomato slices! NO hashbrowns, biscuits, gravy, butter...nothing that was "bad" for me. I'm with Paula about protein in the morning. But, I love oatmeal. So sometimes I'll have a boiled egg, or babybel light cheese with it to get more protein.

Hope your days are going well.

Rhonda

L.J.
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
So funny about the protein for breakfast. I need 'warm' things for breakfast. Go figure!
So, I had oatmeal again this morning and I thought, let me try something else with it...so I opted to have an egg as a side. Both were great!
I'm finishing today on a successful note as well....planned great meals which I followed, and my fruit smoothie late morning. Also got my veggies in, and then some, and was able to check off all of my GHG again.
You all are making me so conscience of my choices and program. It's great to read here and see such positive outlooks,and support.

Not sure if I'll have any PM 'snack' If so maybe FF/SF jello.
I need to keep my hands busy so I think I'll go journal for tomorrow. Tomorrow night is my chicken rotisseri with yams night, can't wait. I'll start that before I leave in the AM in the crockpot. By the time we get home, dinner will be ready!

I wish everyone a wonderful peaceful evening....:hug:

ontarget
01-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi there. I've been running in circles the last few days so I've been MIA. Well, guess I was somewhere in a circle. Yesterday was girls' day out. We went to On the Border then to see "It's Complicated." Today I subbed. Life is good.

Now I need to go read what's happening with each of you.

ontarget
01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Just checked the calculator. It's right on with what I'm trying to do now using [U]EAT THIS NOT THAT[/U

Sounds like you're all doing well. Makes me smile. I may go to :swim: tomorrow after Curtis and I get home from the movies. (Assuming we go this time)

Vickie
01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I was SO busy yesterday and now I need to catch up. I had a Doctor appointment and then we went to shop at Whole Foods. It was much bigger and nicer than the first one that we went to. I got veggies to make a new HUGE pot of WW zero point soup. The veggies were gorgeous. I also bought some blueberries, cut up cantaloupe, navel organges, and honey crisp apples (our favorite!). It all looks great and I can't wait to eat it. It's more expensive than the grocery store but so worth it at this time of year. If I have to eat this food then it has to taste good.

We also tried a pink lady apple. It was pretty yummy too but I didn't buy any.

No exercise for me still but I'm working on my water intake. I have to keep it good for my kidneys and to lose weight.

Talk to you all soon.

nancy237
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Vickie..
I like Whole Foods too but we have a joke around here where we call it
Whole Paycheck . LOL. I agree their produce is nice /lots of organic too.

I want to check out our ALDI store.

I am doing good with being strict. I have even been counting my coffee
creamer which I never did before. I would like to switch to hot tea in the am
with splenda but that will have to be gradual.

Hubby has had some good foods with Nutrisystem, so next month should be easier when he selects his foods and can pick the ones he likes.
The nacho soy chips for dessert were really good (he gave me a taste)

Still not walking...My day gets busy so I wish I could make myself
do it first thing.. Other option is to find a friend to walk with after dark in our neighborhood. I sorta like walking alone because it is so peaceful
and I use it for some Prayer time.

ontarget
01-15-2010, 01:15 PM
Vickie, choosing good looking/good tasting fruit and veggies is a big key to weightloss/health success. I'm happy for you. I am still reading my EAT THIS NOT THAT books and will stock up on goodies soon. Today I'm trying to "declutter" our pantry by using up a lot of what we have. I know canned fruit isn't as good or healthy, but we have it and need to use it up.

Looks like we are going to see AVATAR today. Life is good.

ontarget
01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
Nancy, I haven't done any exercise since Tuesday. Exercise is one of those things that's easy to do and easy not to do. Congrats on making healthy eating choices. I'm doing better today than I did the last couple of days. (Thank goodness!)

Vickie
01-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Jim said the new Flatbread Herb pizza was the best of the pizzas. He likes the Spaghetti with meat sauce, Mashed potatoes, Mushroom risotto, Ravioli, Lasagna, Mexican Style Tortilla soup, Black Bean Tortilla soup, Tomato and corn chowder, Chewy Nougat peanut bar (like a snickers), Chocolate Crunch bar (like Nestle Crisp), White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie is the best of the cookies to him and most of the breakfasts. He said the oatmeal was awful. The chicken breast is nasty. He gets the burger too. You have to buy you own bun. He likes it because he adds tomato and FF cheese and dill pickles. He feels like he's not dieting for a moment.

Hope this helps. The white cheddar soy chips were what knocked me off Nutrisystem for good. I saute mushrooms for us a lot and he adds them to his some of his meals. He says this helps if your DH is a mushroom eater. Adds veggies and fills up one's tummy. I use some garlic in them too for flavor. Hope this helps. I know it's good for you to have him on a program too.

Vickie
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I understand what you mean, Sandra. I just looked at canned veggies again and may have to rethink my wax beans in the can. I can't believe how much sodium there is. I eat the whole can and it would like 1600 grams of sodium. Do you think there is that much in the beans even if I drain and rinse?

I also bought some frozen veggies at Whole Foods; butternut squash, cauliflower, and a package of a blend that I think I will try to roast. Do you think I can roast frozen veggies if I thaw them first? Otherwise, I'll just steam them.

ontarget
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Vickie, I think draining and rinsing the canned veggies would help reduce the sodium. As to the frozen ones, I'd just steam them. I don't think they'd be firm enough to roast. But I'm just guessing.

I added some sauteed in evoo spinach/orange, yellow, & green bell peppers to spaghetti today. It was awesome!

We leave in half an hour for AVATAR. I've been to the movies twice since last time Curtis and I went. He's due for a movie. Should be fun. Hope I can stay awake. I'm sleepy. I think it's from the pain in my right hip. I reinjured it Monday @ :swim:. And I'd just gotten a cortisone injection in it on Jan 7. Life goes on.

beach bum
01-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Slept to 9:30 this morning and than I had to pick up my new glasses and than start my dinner.So it was a total rush that I didn't have time to post.

I got to get my walking done this morning and completed 2M,and my total calories for the day will be 1450c-186=1264c

Can't believe I didn't post yesterday,I really don't have time to read each post as I have to get back to my paper work for tax purposes. See you gals tomorrow morning if not than have great weekend and I see you on Monday.

L.J.
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Hello Everyone....not much going on in my world today. Just getting in, and I can smell my rotisseri chicken and yams cooking. Put it on before I left today.
The past 3 days have been great eating wise. Still on SFT program.
I have made great healthy choices and not have had any 'junk' I cooked up some Bulger early this morning and had that with peas and carrots in chicken broth for my lunch. It was really good. I like Bulger because it has fiber and protein in it. Some grains don't have both or not enough to speak of.
Anyway...I picked up ingredients for my Sat and Sun meals. One being Shrimp and Red Potato Tapas, and one being (96/4) Beef and WW Penne Casserole, both from the WW TurnAround cookbook. Anyone remember it? That one is my favorite. I am in such a cooking mood, so unlike me :D.....but I feel focused and motivated, and making these meals is good for me.

This weekend we have some 'house' projects planned. Well, I have the ideas and my husband executes them :D Thank God the weather will be nice. I also tell him, I have plenty of ideas where the last one came from. He just laughs. He's a good sole, and has been the most wonderful support during my 'ordeal'
So after all his hard work, for me, I will be fixing him a good meal, something I rarely do ;) but being back at this board has rejuvanted me, so Thank you All.......We both follow SFT.
I just picked up fresh veggies too because I rethought my can veggies. Love fresh vegs. Love, love, love fresh mushrooms fried as an added attraction(in pam or evoo)

Not sure if I'll be back later...but I want to wish everyone a wonderful evening in case :hug:

Tejas
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
I managed to crawl to aquafit and feel a little better. But, then we went out with DH's daughter and grandsons and I ate a bar-b-que sandwich with beans. That ought to use up all of my calories for the day! Oh well, what the heck ;)

I hope you're all well today. Sandra, sorry you hurt yourself swimming...

Rhonda

sloanie
01-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Hey chicks, it's been a long week eventhough we had Monday off for snow. My eating has been op and offp, but I'm maintaining this week. DD and I will drive the 10 hour round trip to Johnson City tomorrow to retrieve the rest of her things. She has really started to separate herself from college life and is looking forward to starting new things. She is dreading the trip tomorrow, but it is necessary in more ways than one. Of course she needs to finish cleaning out her room, but she also needs to completely separate herself from her old life so she can begin fresh. We will listen to a book on tape, visit, and shop along the way, so it should not be too bad.

I'll try to get back here before too long so I can speak to each of you. Hope you all are doing well.

nancy237
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
2 quick questions.

If I eat 2 % cheese,cottage cheese or milk do I count the whole
serving?? It seems so close in calories to the nonfat.

I have about a dozen lean cuisine entrees that I want to use up.
At about 300 calories I think I can have one every few days without messing up my Core diet. Should I count them into my points . One tonight had
pasta so I thought that could be my pasta for the day (but it wasn't WW)

I'll try to post more later also...

L.J.
01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Good morning All ...
Nancy as for the Lean Cuisines, of course use them, just count the pts if you are following Core/SFT. I have 5 or 6 in the freezer, but don't want to use them right now. Trying to stay clean from frozen or processed food right now. I don't quite understand the cheese, milk question. What ever serving size you use, just count the pts for it, again if it is not a SFT/Core item. Maybe someone else can add to that.
Sloanie I hope all goes well with your daughter.
Rhonda Sounds like you're feeling a 'bit' less sore. Water exercise is great. We have it here but unfortunately it is during the week, and I have technical problem called work :D I have mangaged to take time a day or two when they do have it. It's fun...
Maryann Good going on the walking...I didn't get to do mine, but I have Wii, and Wii fit as well as some others that I am going to attempt.
Need to get the body moving.
Vickie and Sandra I picked up some fresh veggies as well. I love them, well except brussel sprouts and lima beans :devil:
Sandra I hope your hip is feeling better. I can't imagine getting a shot in my hip...:hug:

Today is day 4 of being 100% on program and 4 days Sugar free. I feel good, phyically. I have made some great choices and have tried different things.
The chicken and yams were awesome. Couldn't even get the chicken out, without it falling off the bone...dee-lish.
Looking forward to tonights meal as well...Shrimp and Red potatoe Tapas, with steamed brocoli.
Lots of errands to run today. Got to get out there early, because in the afternoon traffic is crazy. Still have the house projects to get done...it never seems to end, does it?
I am looking forward to my weekly weigh in on Wed or Thurs, not sure which day yet. I will let you know how I did. If not anything else, I feel good and not so tired or sluggish.

Well, have a wonderful day. I may come back later to read, and get inspired.
The laundry is calling my name....
Ciao for now......

Tejas
01-16-2010, 09:55 AM
LJ, get those errands done---we're all coming to your house for dinner!

beach bum
01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Good Morning Ladies:)

The sun is out and I'm deciding to walk today or to ride my trusty bike while watching a DVD. Cleaned up the paper work now I have to start on my kitchen and bathroom floors. They got messed with all the snow & salt that was dragged into the house.Have to go later and pick up some milk.

I heard or saw that process food is really not good for the body I have a few Lean Cuisines in my freezer,but I rather make the regular meals but use the portion control dishes.

SLOAN-Congrats to your DD losing 7.5 lbs that wonderful. Crossing my fingers that she get the hairdressing job.

NANCY-I tried the Flex for 13 weeks & Core for 13 weeks under that guidance of my WW leader to no avail, did my weight come down,NO!! in fact in went up so I quit WW. Hope the Core will work for you.

RHONDA-Interesting how different calories effect different people.I used to go by the mayo clinic chart but its to low for me, as that's where WW wanted me to be,but it didn't work. I'm now eating 1500 [30P]deducting 180c from exercising and that bring me to a total of 1320[26P]if I go lower from 1000 to 1200 it mad me gain.

VICKIE-I agree with Dr Oz. I think that if we go to low in calories we gain and if we eat more than we are suppose to be lose.I seen that so many times in my weight & other around me. I choose 1500 and when I exercise I count the the calories to be deducted and wind up with 1300 cal.I lose SLOWLY[feeling like eternity] but than I'm still losing.

VICKIE-Frozen veggies are better than canned,I buy the low sodium type of canned veggies when buying them.

LJ-I agree with protein for breakfast it fills you more than plain bread carbs do. My breakfast has either veggie bacon or sausages in it. Hope to walk again today,if I get out in time,they are talking about snow again. HOPE NOT I really looking forward to SPRING.MY DD has the WII and my DGC are always on it,playing some type of sports or games.

SANDRA-I like to see that Movie Avatar but my friend are into comedy or bios,so If I want to go to the movies by myself I guess I could go to those type of movies.

Have a great morning,will come back later if I'm not too busy

ontarget
01-16-2010, 06:08 PM
Maryann, I highly recommend "Avatar." It is a well made movie--and beautiful, too. You'll see what I mean by "beautiful" if you see it.

My hip is better today. I have bursitis in my right hip. That's where I got the shot. Then Monday I stayed in too shallow of water and did some jogging that jarred it. I think I'll be all right to hop back into the water by Tuesday. Monday we'll be keeping the grands while their parents work. (They are out of school for MLK day.)

Sloan, I'll bet you and dd enjoy your journey today. It actually sounds like fun to me. (More fun than cleaning a room.)

LJ, what time is dinner? Should I bring wine?

Rhonda, bbq sandwich and beans sound good to me. We had lunch at Luby's today after shooting. I had salmon with veggies.

I'm watching football right now and Curtis is napping. He wasn't able to shoot today because of shoulder pain. I hope he feels better after his nap.

Tejas
01-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Sandra, they closed the Luby's in Denton! What a disappointment that is. We're going to go see Avatar tomorrow with my niece and her husband. Or, at least that is the plan.

I've been very low calorie today, and I hope I can stay that way until bedtime. Sometimes when I do that I wake up very hungry at 2 or 4 AM.

Have a great night everyone!

Rhonda

ontarget
01-16-2010, 09:27 PM
Rhonda, there have been a lot of Luby closures. We eat at the one on E 820 on the north side of Ft. Worth when we shoot tournaments on North Beach St. That's where we were today. We didn't get to have lunch till almost 1:30. That's late for us, and we were starved.

You're going to love AVATAR.

nancy237
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Lazy day for me .
Step daughter & grandson spent time over
and we played games and enjoyed the hot tub.

Made a bad lunch choice because I got caught
needing to eat in 10 minutes in the car. At Wendy's
the better choices seemed like they would be hard to eat in the
car (chili,potato,salad).

I weighed 144 this AM Yeah.. The strict core(except lunch today) seems to be working for me. I was 147 last week.
I have had a few lean cuisines for dinners but at 300 calories
I think they did not throw me off. Also I could have counted most of the
calories (points) and still been legal.

I like the fact hubby has a small pack of munchies at night on his
nutrisystem so I went and bought a few types of 100 calorie packs of
sweets and chips. On days where I still have 2 points left I plan to
have one at night.

Does anyone else just calculate calories instead of points.
A point is usually about 50 calories , so with 35 allowed per week
I just estimate 250 calories(5 points) a day that I can
have for non core food that day.

Still not walking. I need a :kickbutt:

Tejas
01-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Here you go, Nancy :kickbutt: :drill:

Funny you should ask about calories instead of points. In the last few days that is what I've been doing. I'm trying very hard to stay at 1200-1250, precisely.

We're off to see Avatar!

Rhonda