100 lb. Club - I would do that if I was thinner.

View Full Version : I would do that if I was thinner.

marigrace
01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Some say that you have to start living as though you are the person you want to become. Is there something that you always wanted to do, but you are putting off for that special day ?

TraceyElaine
01-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Running. I can run for a few min. But I would like to be able to realy run.

JustBeckyV
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Wear a tank top - like a sports bra outside the house lol

nineoceansaway
01-10-2010, 08:55 AM
to wear a bathing suit! I haven't done that in like 7 or 8 years and even then I never felt comfortablee

Eliana
01-10-2010, 09:05 AM
So many things. But just yesterday I was thinking maybe next year I'll sled with the kids instead of just watching.

jigglefree
01-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Take pictures and stand in front. Every time it's time to take pictures anywhere, I stand in the back. Never mind that I'm shorter than everyone, I just jump in the back so you can see my face. Of course there are some shots that caught me off guard and I see how big I really am and don't like it.

LizR
01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Take one of the guided hikes in the Grand Canyon. I not only need to lose weight but also win the lottery for this to happen. :)

dixonschubbymommy
01-10-2010, 09:15 AM
i would love to just be able to shop in normal stores at the mall like american eagle or aeropostale its been so long since i was able to fit into any of their clothes!

LizR
01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
I want to be able to shop at the charity store down the road from me. They have so many nice clothes in a size 6. Someday I will be able to wear them.

KmbRN84
01-10-2010, 09:26 AM
I want to run the disney marathon, do a triathlon, go skiing and not have the boots hurt my fat calfs. Lots of outdoor things!

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2010, 09:55 AM
I will be more active with my grandson.

ubergirl
01-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Horseback ride again. I've set an upper weight limit of 215 and I figure I'll be well past that by spring, so I'm planning on riding this spring.

Enduring Infinity
01-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I want to go rock climbing, take tennis lessons, and go on a long hike.

lottie63
01-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I wanted to roller skate.

so I did. and hwen I"m thinner it'll be even easier, but I wanted to do it NOW.

;)

SNMomof1
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
I want to get some boudoir photos done for my fiance. ;) ;)

uclr0028
01-10-2010, 11:32 AM
There are so many things that I want to do that I cant.

- Wear cute boots that are calf high.
- Be able to wear a swimming suit and be comfortable.
- Go to an amusement park and ride the rides. (I suppose I could do that now but it is in the middle of the winter and I live in Minnesota so the Valleyfair is closed)..
- Be able to go clothes shopping with my friends and not feel like the outsider as NONE of the clothes in the cute shops will fit past my knees.
- To be able to finally shop at the Victoria Secret for cute undergardments. I hate always wearing granny panties and lunch lady bras. LOL.
- There is probably alot more but cant think of anymore now

Violet73
01-10-2010, 11:37 AM
I would love just to wear shorts again in the summer instead of always covering up my fat legs with capris! Also, being thinner would allow me to do more with my daughter although being fat hasn't stopped me from doing stuff but some things I dont do cause of my weight.

lottie63
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
There are so many things that I want to do that I cant.

- Wear cute boots that are calf high.
- Be able to wear a swimming suit and be comfortable.
- Go to an amusement park and ride the rides. (I suppose I could do that now but it is in the middle of the winter and I live in Minnesota so the Valleyfair is closed)..
- Be able to go clothes shopping with my friends and not feel like the outsider as NONE of the clothes in the cute shops will fit past my knees.
- To be able to finally shop at the Victoria Secret for cute undergardments. I hate always wearing granny panties and lunch lady bras. LOL.
- There is probably alot more but cant think of anymore now

lunch lady bras? :P Lane bryant has cute bras.

raebeaR
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Horseback ride again. I've set an upper weight limit of 215 and I figure I'll be well past that by spring, so I'm planning on riding this spring.

Yes!! :) That's a goal of mine this spring, too!!!

Also, and this may fall under the 'TMI' category, but I'd like to take the 'top' position again. Right now all I can envision is my big ol' belly slapping up and down with my terror-stricken partner, eyes bulging, underneath, and it keeps things very, umm, missionary in the bedroom. :o

kuhrisuh
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
I'd love to go indoor skydiving... it looks so scary/fun!

FitGirlyGirl
01-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Horseback riding, worry free clothing shopping, mountain climbing, hike the grand canyon, run marathons, martial arts training, and a million other things.

marigrace
01-10-2010, 12:44 PM
I was thinking more about how we could start doing some of the things now...instead of waiting....well obviously it doesn't always work that way...some things, like shopping at "normal" stores, and running won't work for me for a while...but some things like buying nice clothes that fit right now, or being more confident and standing in front in the picture anyway...more adventurous, more physical... like taking a dance class, or doing yoga maybe.

gumboot
01-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Go horseback riding....sigh. I long for the day!

emilydreaming
01-10-2010, 01:50 PM
marigrace, I took my very first yoga class this morning. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but I'd always felt too fat/out of shape. I'm still bigger than the rest of the girls in the class, but I can keep up for the most part and I loved it. And the more I do it now, the better I will be once more of the weight is off.

Wild Vulpix
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Also, and this may fall under the 'TMI' category, but I'd like to take the 'top' position again. Right now all I can envision is my big ol' belly slapping up and down with my terror-stricken partner, eyes bulging, underneath, and it keeps things very, umm, missionary in the bedroom. :o

Don't worry, you're not alone here! :lol:

AzimuthRing
01-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I am going to go on a hike again. I'm planning to be able to do it in February. Last time I was on a hike was about 30 lbs ago. I know I'm not going to be at the weight again in Feb, but I'm going to be able to at least go on one. I can't wait.

TiffanyLC89
01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Pole. Dancing. Workout. Classes.

(And also, maybe looking nice in the majority of things I try on in stores like Wet Seal, not just trying on the biggest of everything and hoping that something is "okay.")

marigrace
01-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Emily...thats what I meant...you are starting to live your dreams now.

DCHound
01-10-2010, 02:31 PM
No, I've put everything on hold long enough. Time to take it off hold. Today, I went shopping at FREDERICK'S OF HOLLYWOOD. Frederick's of Hollywood, people. I'd only been in that store once before, about 5 years ago, buying bridal shower lingerie for a friend. Well, today I dropped $80 on a nightie, matching bra, bra that matches my pajamas, and 4 pair of drawers (no split crotch though, you gotta draw the line somewhere! LOL). Why not?? I can wear a 36DD and L unders...I deserve to shop at Frederick's of Hollywood if I want to! And so do you! So does everyone. And if you have to order extended sizes online, so what???? Do it, you deserve it just as much as anyone. That goes for everything everyone has on hold. As long as it's not something physically dangerous, like maybe bungee jumping at 405 lbs...do it. Don't put it off. You don't know if you'll still be here tomorrow. Seriously.

TJFitnessDiva
01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
No, I've put everything on hold long enough. Time to take it off hold. Today, I went shopping at FREDERICK'S OF HOLLYWOOD. Frederick's of Hollywood, people. I'd only been in that store once before, about 5 years ago, buying bridal shower lingerie for a friend. Well, today I dropped $80 on a nightie, matching bra, bra that matches my pajamas, and 4 pair of drawers (no split crotch though, you gotta draw the line somewhere! LOL). Why not?? I can wear a 36DD and L unders...I deserve to shop at Frederick's of Hollywood if I want to! And so do you! So does everyone. And if you have to order extended sizes online, so what???? Do it, you deserve it just as much as anyone. That goes for everything everyone has on hold. As long as it's not something physically dangerous, like maybe bungee jumping at 405 lbs...do it. Don't put it off. You don't know if you'll still be here tomorrow. Seriously.

:yes: ^^^^^ what DC said!!

CLCSC145
01-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Dating. I still feel so uncomfortable with myself, I just can't think about trying that right now.

DCHound
01-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I know, right. I should have been shopping at Frederick's at 370 lbs (or, fredericks online, at least). There's no line of demarcation between those who deserve the good life and those who don't. If you want to do something DO IT. What's holding you back is all mental. Change your thinking. No one will laugh at you, or feel sorry for you, for leading the life of a normal, average-sized person. And if they do, well, that's their problem, not yours.

marigrace
01-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Amen !

ToriLeigh
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
I want to get some boudoir photos done for my fiance. ;) ;)

My lovely size two sister just had some done for her husband for Christmas. Hopefully the day will come when I can do that as well.

I also want to wear cute little shorts and a tank top to the gym in the summer. I'm sick of working out in baggy guys gym shorts and big t-shirts!

chicpanda
01-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Not be self conscious when I eat in public. "Let's all see what the fat old lady is chowing down on.... "

dessi
01-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I want to look in the mirror and see the woman that i know is inside....the one I used to see in the mirror. And play football with my boys without having to take breaks.

SugarJunkie
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
Ride on the back of my husbands motorcycle!! (He has a Suzuki GSXR that I absolutely adore.)

(I've done it a few times, but I always am too self conscious to actually enjoy it. I mean really, have you ever seen a fat girl on the back of a sport bike, with a skinny guy driving? I don't think so. So I've quit all together. )

NebraskaLady
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
I have always wanted to go kayaking. I love the water and think it looks like so much fun. I've always been afraid I wouldn't fit, get stuck in it or it would sink because of my weight.

salsa chip
01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
This thread is awesome...if my week weren't already chock full of activities, I'd order myself a cute swimming costume (1-piece...for now :D ), de-fuzz the necessaries (sorry, tmi) and get myself signed up for aqua fitness sessions.

As it is I'm at the gym with my PT twice a week, doing Zumba once a week, and will probably start belly dancing once a week too. On a fifth day I've got choir, and that leaves the weekend for household chores and...uh...church!

This isn't directly related to weight loss, and is dependent on lots of other factors that aren't under my control (dammit), but I'd go out there and the guy of my dreams would see me and would not give up until I'd agreed to marry him (which would take him some time as I'm learning to regard myself better than a piece of trash that just falls for any guy who looks twice at her. Don't laugh. It's freakin' painful).

But I may need to work on more than just the weight loss for that to happen. Although I have been reliably informed by some other male friends that my cooking skills alone make me totally marriageable, rofl :D

Symmetry
01-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Wear ridiculous heels.

calluna
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Pull the seatbelt snug in my airplane seat, instead of letting it all the way out and praying it will connect.

Oh, and put my own picture up on my facebook profile instead of my beloved, beautiful, photogenic, entirely nonhuman Great Pyrenees.

honeybjones
01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
I want to be a roller derby girl!!! And make my own clothes which I am doing anyway but plus-size patterns are pretty scarce.

playfullyme
01-10-2010, 08:20 PM

I have the same issue. I feel like my tummy is SOO much in the way that it makes it difficult.

SugarJunkie
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM

I have the same issue. I feel like my tummy is SOO much in the way that it makes it difficult.

I SO agree with this! (Although my biggest fear is silly :o I'm afraid of crushing him... :lol: )

HeidiNicole
01-10-2010, 11:42 PM
1. Dance in public without feeling sooooo self conscious--I believe lessons will be in order to make this happen :p

2. Shop at ATL...and be happy with how I look in the clothes

SwimGirl
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
I can't wait to wear heels comfortably! I have the heels, but they just aren't comfortable at this weight. And boy have I tried!

-Aimee

marigrace
01-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Heels...yes...I have some waiting too....

ubergirl
01-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I noticed there are two kinds of goals on this thread, and for me, both have been valuable.

One is the kind that we can change NOW. Me? I used to skip health appointments, delayed going to the dentist, and let myself grow a skunk stripe every six months because I was too lazy/self-concious to go to the the beauty salon.

I mean, that was a symptom of what was wrong with me. I was worth it then, just as I am worth it now! There are many fabulous beautiful sexy women who are heavier than I ever was. Weight is not worth. I was totally confused about that. One thing I'm grateful for is that early in the process, the ladies at 3FC motivated me to go to the pool in spite of my weight and the grandma swim dress I was wearing. I still go to the pool all the time, but I no longer wear the swim dress! I have a normal bathing suit, and I can walk around the pool not the least self-concious in it even though I still weigh 226 lbs.

On the other hand, there were things I could NOT do before, and it is incredibly inspiring and motivating to see the world's possibilities open up to me as a result of my own hard work: my clothing options are much less limited. I can wear heels. I can run. I am excited about biking and hiking in the spring.

So, I think we should do both. Love ourselves and pamper ourselves as much as we can at every weight. Figure out what is holding us back. Is it really our weight (I could not hike at 295. I wasn't fit enough) or wearing a bathing suit (my self-conciousness was holding me back, not any physical disability.)

Each baby step leads to more doors becoming open to us, but if we don't start with the principal of self-love and self-care at ANY weight, then I think we are doomed.

marigrace
01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
You said a mouthful, Ubergirl !

Curvaliscious
01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Take my kids ice-skating.

LizJ
01-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow there are so many great and inspiring things on this thread, I love it!!

Hmmm there are so many things I can't wait to do when I am thin. I guess at the top of my list is going swimming with my kids, taking sexy pictures for my husband, buying lingerie (and actually wearing it) etc.

wendyland
01-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Fun thread! I really want to do a cartwheel again.

I mainly want to be able to wear regular sizes again and be able to buy cute used clothes. And wear skirts with cute boots. that will actually fit my calves.

Symmetry
01-11-2010, 02:11 PM
To do en pointe again, the little ballerina kid in me is impatiently waiting. :lol:

MoveMoveMove
01-11-2010, 03:11 PM
This isn't directly related to weight loss, and is dependent on lots of other factors that aren't under my control (dammit), but I'd go out there and the guy of my dreams would see me and would not give up until I'd agreed to marry him (which would take him some time as I'm learning to regard myself better than a piece of trash that just falls for any guy who looks twice at her. Don't laugh. It's freakin' painful).

But I may need to work on more than just the weight loss for that to happen.

I need to get out of my house so he can find me.

caryesings
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I need to get out of my house so he can find me.

Never give up hope in this department. I was without a beau for 18 years. My 50th birthday present was delivered to a neighbor in the next block because I was away on a birthday road trip. The neighbor was a 53 year old man who then came looking for me when I got back (there's a single woman, my age, in the neighborhood? he realized), and we've been dating since.

Here's the weight loss irony. This man is really turned off by fat women. While I have lost a fair amount, I am still obese. Once he saw me, he intended to be "just friends". However we took 1 walk together and something about my body confidence completely hooked him, I certainly wasn't trying to get his attention, as I didn't intend to "start dating" until I reached goal.

So if you're like me and had negative dating experience while fat and think that men just aren't going to find you attractive until you've reached your goal, I'm proof that it can happen even after 18 years of bad/no dates.

playfullyme
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
I've never worn heels. Sqweee!! I'd love to wear heels (so long as they're comfy).

Sskar
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
To hike hut to hut in the Alps.

LizJ
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I want to run down the street in a spandex outfit and look and feel like a real runner and maybe get some honks too! Lol.

katkitten
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
i would wear:
heels
sleeveless sundresses
shorts
anything in a "normal" size

iwould go to costa rica and do that swinging over the jungle thing lol

i would go hiking and skiing and run in 5ks and mini marathons

katkitten
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
oh! and i would take surfing lessons :P

want2bdgl
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM
i love this forum! Every is in the same place! I would love to shop at a normal store! Wear cute undies and calf high boots! I want o run on the beach with my daughter....not feel like a cow next to my 140lb husband who is in that army and in amazing shape!

Curvaliscious
01-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Forgot to say that I'm a photographer and would love to get some great pictures of myself one day. For now, I'm terrified to be on the other side of the camera.

medinazarley
01-11-2010, 11:50 PM
So, school starts thursday, and if I were thinner, I'd take the stairs, dress better, and wear make-up more often. so this semester, watch out!!

dolphinmama
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Hi im new to the group. But I must say that's exactly what I want to do too ! Just take off and start running like Forrest Gump !!!!

marigrace
01-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Wow, Dolphin, I haven't tried running in about thirty years...my knees can't take the pounding...I hope that being at goal will give that back to me. It would be so exciting.