100 lb. Club - What is your beverage of choice?

View Full Version : What is your beverage of choice?

mel hughes
01-10-2010, 01:48 AM
I decided as a first step in the right direction, I am going to get rid of all the diet sodas in my life. [Not looking forward to the caffiene withdrawl headaches..:no: ]

What do you ladies prefer to drink throughout your day? Lucky for me, I am a BIG fan of water. But I don't really like to drink water with meals.

I hate milk, but I can definitely make myself swallow some with breakfast. And I have sugar free drink mix I give the kids.

I just want to see what you other girls are drinking all day.

Gracie789
01-10-2010, 01:53 AM
I drink green tea and lots of water. :)

jlady
01-10-2010, 01:55 AM
i love me a big glass of cold water with lime (or lemon) squeezed in and very barely sweetened with a little splenda

ToriLeigh
01-10-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm working on drinking more water. I used to live on Coke Zero, but only had one today. Hopefully I will eventually cut it out completely. I've been drinking lipton peach flavored iced tea to help cut down on the caffeine headaches. Thankfully, I've never been a fan of sweet tea. One of these days, I will have to get rid of caffeine completely, but one step at a time.

mel hughes
01-10-2010, 02:03 AM
I'm working on drinking more water. I used to live on Coke Zero, but only had one today. Hopefully I will eventually cut it out completely. I've been drinking lipton peach flavored iced tea to help cut down on the caffeine headaches. Thankfully, I've never been a fan of sweet tea. One of these days, I will have to get rid of caffeine completely, but one step at a time.

Each time I got pregnant, I cut it out completely. And for about a week and a half my head was killing me! I wish I had never picked it up again..lol. But I LOOOOVE Diet Coke.

VernDern
01-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Unsweet Ice Tea! Yum! I can chug it....water, not so much!

mel hughes
01-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Unsweet Ice Tea! Yum! I can chug it....water, not so much!

I like tea, but I wants TONS of sugar.. So I guess I'll just try to stay away from that altogether.

Aclai4067
01-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I like plain cold water, no lemon or any kind of stuff you shake in with it, just water. Occassionally I like some pomegranite green tea. I try to get my milk in but really only like it with sweets. So I'll have a glass with one of my 1 point WW cakes. I used to drink a LOT of soda, now it's an occasional soda. I used to drink orange juice too, but I hate to drink my calories so I've cut it out while I'm losing weight (except when I visit my parents house, then it's a special treat). I may allow it again when I'm in maintanence.

CLCSC145
01-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Uh, diet coke. Wrong, but it makes me happy.

cfmama
01-10-2010, 03:22 AM
I drink cold tea. A herbal teabag in a liter of water. Yum!

duckyyellowfeet
01-10-2010, 03:33 AM
*raises hand* I drink too much diet coke.
However, I drink a fair amount of really cold water or Crystal Light. I also like herbal tea, hot or iced. When I have it, I like a splash of cranberry juice in cold water

I despise milk. I don't even use it on cereal.

Rosinante
01-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Just water for me. I don't drink with meals at all. For a hot drink, instant coffee, black.

Sskar
01-10-2010, 04:27 AM
I make French press coffee in the mornings (when I have time) - hey coffee is an anti-oxidant!

Water the rest of the day.

In the evenings I drink hot tea, usually herbal but often green or white teas at dinner. No artificial sweeteners because my sweet receptors (if there are such things) get too easily stimulated.

During the ungodly hot summers of Southern Arizona I substitute sun tea for hot tea.

Onederchic
01-10-2010, 04:38 AM
The drink I want the most = sodie, the drink I actually drink the most = water.

catherinef
01-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Coffee and hot tea here, along with water. A bit of caffeine-free diet soda from time to time. I do put a splash of skimmed milk in my tea and coffee, but as I'm always looking for ways to inject more calcium into my diet, it's worth the calorie hit to me.

Elladorine
01-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Most of the time, water. When I go out, unsweetened iced tea. Some plain cranberry juice sweetened with stevia to help with my bladder.

Absolutely no more soda (regular or diet) for me, unless I'm throwing up and can't get anything else to settle my tummy. :p

Taurie
01-10-2010, 05:37 AM
water, green tea and various fruit teas. my favorite in the evenings is chamomile with vanilla and honey. (I don't add anything to these tea bags except hot water).

LizR
01-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Wow. You guys are really motivating me. I am a diet soda junkie. :o I am going to drink water all day long starting today.

ubergirl
01-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Coffee with a splash of milk.
Room temperature water. I know that sounds weird, but if I drink cold water it hurts the back of my throat and I only sip, but if I drink it at room temperature or straight from the tap (cool) then I can chug 8 oz at time.

For a treat-- lifewater zero.

I used to drink a lot of diet cherry coke, but oddly enough, when I stopped eating a lot of sweets I also lost my taste for diet soda.

Symmetry
01-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Water and green tea, and 2 times/week mocha coffee :lol: used to drink that like everyday.
Never liked soda.

Eliana
01-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm another one who WANTS soda, but drinks water and water only. I don't want to drink my calories.

paris81
01-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Water all day long. Except in the morning, when I have coffee (and water too!). Or sometimes if I go out with friends, I'll have beer or wine (with some water!). Somtimes I'll have a coffee in the afternoon too. Or some tea.

My drinking habits aren't much different from before I started being healthy, I've always liked water. The difference now is that I have less alcohol. (MUCH less)

PeanutsMom704
01-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Uh, diet coke. Wrong, but it makes me happy.

yeah, me too! I only have 1 can a day, very occassionally a second one. I buy cans to keep me honest, because I do drink a lot more than that if I have the big bottles.

And I also drink lots and lots of water (at least 10 cups a day, but usually more), so I am keeping my can of diet coke and enjoying it!

cathydoe
01-10-2010, 11:38 AM
The drink I want the most = sodie, the drink I actually drink the most = water.

Wow. You guys are really motivating me. I am a diet soda junkie. :o I am going to drink water all day long starting today.

Wow...what strength!

:tantrum: <----- me throwing a tantrum :mad:

My drink of choice is Diet Dew w/Diet Coke coming in at a 2nd. I am ashamed to say...that I don't want to give it up. It does feel good to admit it though!

SNMomof1
01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Water here. I don't need to extra sodium in soft drinks (even diet). I'm thinking of getting some OJ to keep on hand for those days when I'm struggling to eat all my cals.

Eliana
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Water here. I don't need to extra sodium in soft drinks (even diet). I'm thinking of getting some OJ to keep on hand for those days when I'm struggling to eat all my cals.

Mmm...on those days I like hot chocolate made with real chocolate milk mixed with white skim. Yummy and a little nutritious. (dairy) But I think of it as a food. Is that odd? I'm not quenching my thirst with it...so it's a food???

traci in training
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Coffee in the morning, water in the afternoon, hot tea with sweet & low in the winter, iced tea in the summer, a nice glass of cold skim milk a couple of times a week with peanut butter toast for breakfast. I drink a diet coke once in a while, but probably only 1-2 per week. Oh, and a glass of wine (or two) every couple of weeks when I make Italian food. Had a margarita Friday night when we went out with friends and it was yummy but that doesn't happen very often.

Violet73
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM
One cup of coffee in the morning.....one diet coke per day and all day water, water, water.

My beverage of choice is very sweet tea but I don't drink that anymore.

I really feel great from drinking all the water!

TJFitnessDiva
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Crystal light, coke zero (once a day now instead of all the time), and coffee :) I can't stand water unless I'm working out lol

kuhrisuh
01-10-2010, 12:56 PM
All I drink is water.. except for a special occasion on which I might have tea :)

calluna
01-10-2010, 01:04 PM
I have a cup of coffee in the mornings...I cut that way, way, way back as coffee was my daily fare, spiced with occasional water and diet coke. Now I drink primarily water at room temperature. Occasional treat is tea or a diet coke.

Hello Nurse
01-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I am overcoming a Diet Dr. Pepper addiction as we speak. I am down to one can every other day, no more than one per day. I only have a few cans left in the house and then I am done with them!

Other than that, I drink water, preferably with lots of ice and a straw. Some cold mornings I will put the teapot on and have some hot herbal or green tea. Very rarely I will splurge on a Starbuck's Caramel Skinny Latte when it is cold, but here we are in January and I have not had one since last winter. Maybe unsweetened iced tea in a restaurant if I am really wanting something more than water to keep me off the diet soda.

FitGirlyGirl
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I used to be a mountain dew junkie. Now I drink crystal light (actually I prefer the wal-mart brand as well as some of the ocean spray ones and welch's). I absolutely can't stand plain water. All of my doctors and both nutritionists I have seen have told me the crystal light is fine instead of plain water as long as I'm not getting an upset tummy from the artificial sweeteners. One of the docs only drinks crystal light herself because she hates water too. I don't get ill from it, so I'm fine - I figure why should I force myself to take in something I hate when I can have something I like and still get the benefits. I do still "allow" myself one mountain dew per day (diet these days), but most days I end up skipping it and although I haven't actually counted them up I figure I'm drinking 1-2 cans a week now. I know that at one point I went a full 2 weeks without any.

Those of you with a caffeine addiction - The way I got over mine without having the splitting headaches was to switch my caffeine intake to coffee and blend regular with decaf. I added a bit more decaf each day until I was on total decaf. Now I have some caffeine sometimes, but I got rid of the addiction.

JulieJ08
01-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Coffee in the morning.

Then mostly lots of water. I've been craving it room temp.

Herbal teas in the evening.

Lemon seltzer when I feel like it, nice and cold.

I go through phases. Sometimes I love coffee in the morning every day. Then I go through a phase where it doesn't appeal and I have tea or water instead.

LiN
01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Tea with splenda and water. =) And some crystal light if I'm bored of water.

Black tea and some green tea actually has more caffeine than sodas.

diabetic z
01-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I drink ice water. It's got to have ice or I will feel like I am forcing myself to drink it down. On occasion, I will have diet pop, usually Coke Zero. If I need to warm myself up, I will drink some herbal tea (decaffeinated) with a little Stevia.

gloo
01-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Big fan of water here. Occasionally I mix in a Propel packet, but for the most part it's just water. Hot beverage of choice is and always will be coffee.

emilydreaming
01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Lots of water and a glass of unsweet ice tea daily. Usually a soy au lait and a big, bad regular coke once a week.

TiffanyLC89
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
I am absolutely addicted to juice. Cranberry and Ruby Red grapefruit. It used to be coke, so I guess juice isn't so terrible but it packs a lot of calories.

I try to mix the cranberry with an equal amount of water, but I still drink a ton of the stuff.
Also, I'm switching to Ruby Red grapefruit lite. I don't really care for the artificial sweetner taste, but I can deal.

I guess maybe I could just quit buying juice altogether... but... but... :'(

mel hughes
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I really like juice. I actually prefer it to soda majority of the time, but my husband always fixes us a drink to share. This morning I got out my own cup after he had fixed a glass of Diet Coke, and he looked hurt and confused. :lol:

chicpanda
01-10-2010, 06:59 PM
Home made diet lemonade made with sugar substitute, lemon juice, and water, hot tea in winter, ice tea the rest of the year. and lots and lots of water. For a treat, Mexican Coke (355 ml) no more than twice a month. made with cane sugar not fructose.

Beverlyjoy
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
I mostly drink water...no fruit, please. In the morning I have a cup of coffee. Once in a great while a diet pepsi.

CanadianCutie
01-10-2010, 07:31 PM
For me it's one 20 ounce instant coffee in the morning with 2% milk.
Water throughout the day, and an Earl Grey Vanilla tea with milk in the evenings usually.

traci in training
01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
DH and daughter drink sugar free cherry kool-aid like there's no tomorrow. It's not my drink of choice, but if I'm in the mood for candy or something really sweet a glass of that stuff will satisfy me. It is sweet! And no calories.

gumboot
01-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Water water and more water. And green tea. I love the stuff! I drink it hot, cold and anything in between :)

HeidiNicole
01-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Iced tea with sweet 'n low. It has to be SnL, no equal or splenda or stevia...I dunno wh,y but they just won't do. It's all the same to me in anything else, but not in my tea

Suezeeque
01-11-2010, 05:11 AM
I drink 3-4 16.9 oz bottles of Lipton Green Tea Citrus diet a day. It is not very sweet, which is why I like it. Plus it has green tea which is supposed to be good for you. The only thing is that I wish it had stevia instead of splenda in it. It's very refreshing, very, when you are thirsty.

Trazey34
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I have one coffee in the morning, drinks tons of freezing cold water all day, and i keep a jug of iced tea in the fridge at all times (it's litres of cold tea with a spoon of frozen lemonade in it, takes the bitter edge off and makes it about 10 cals a big glass)

BeachBreeze2010
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I was always a hard core diet soda addict. Now something really strange is happenning. Now that I have cut out other foods with chemicals in them, the diet soda tastes really "chemically." It doesn't really taste good anymore and I am not finishing the glass.

Water on the other hand, is tasting better and better.

I also had an epiphany the other day - I hate the office coffee, so why do I keep drinking it? I like "good" coffee, but not that stuff. I have always drank my coffee black until I started working here and developed the desire for milk. It just occurred to me that I don't have to drink it. I had hot tea this morning and actually liked it! LOL!

Curvaliscious
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Diet Coke. I know. I need to stop. I drink it all day. My son just did a science experiment for school, where he poured coke over a rusty wool pad. The rust was gone within hours. Can't believe I drink that stuff...err...the diet version.

JulieJ08
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I was always a hard core diet soda addict. Now something really strange is happenning. Now that I have cut out other foods with chemicals in them, the diet soda tastes really "chemically." It doesn't really taste good anymore and I am not finishing the glass.

I agree. It goes very well with a fast food meal. It doesn't go so well with roasted asparagus :) To me, it diminishes the flavor of good foods, something like numbing my taste buds.

Eliana
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I had about 1/3 cup of coffee this morning. :p I do not like coffee but I needed a jolt. I am soooooo tired.

time2lose
01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
I am a Diet Dr. Pepper addict but I hold myself to one a day. I drink mostly water but lately have been also drinking propel.

LizJ
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM
I really like Arizona Diet Green Tea, it is prob, my favorite thing to drink. I also love Fresca (all the flavors are good) and Crystal Light.

AbbySinthe
01-11-2010, 02:38 PM
A cup of coffee first thing in the morning, tea sometimes on weekends. And mainly water now during the day.

However, I'm a former Diet Sprite addict. I also used to drink light cranberry juice in diet ginger ale. Every now & then I still have one, but not 2-3 cans a day like I used to drink. And I'm allergic to Crystal Light but I used to drink the Fruit Punch by the gallon