Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Sugar-Free Chocolate

Whilst at Store the other Day,I read the label on a bar of Russell Stover's Sugar-Free Pecan Delights.There is 15 total G's of Carb and 11 G's of Sugar Alcohol!What are we to do when we have a craving for something sweet?
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

I don't know but I bought the little bags of RS sugar free chocolate (I think it has 5 or 6 pieces in a bag) and I ate the whole bag. I was in the bathroom for hours!!! I think I lost a couple of pounds but I really don't want to lose it like that way ever again!
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #3  
Woman on mission!

At the Dollar Store in Town,they sell the small Bags of 6,but packages resembling Candy Bars near the check out lines.Yes,I read on Label excessive consumption may cause a Laxative effect.Russell Stover is also not a low Calorie Food!

P.S. I'm from the great State of Oklahoma!

Last edited by Butter_Butt; 01-09-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

Awesome! I usually get my sugar free chocolate at the Dollar Store! Stay warm, this weather is CRAZY!
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well s**t happens and, if you OD on sugar alcohols, it happens for sure!
I learned that the hard way too with Laura Secord "special" diabetic chocolates. They were "special" all right.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #6  
Woman on mission!

The Russell Stovers Candy Bar is .65 per package,but the only kind this Dollar Store sells is the Pecan Delights.Yes,the Weather is crazy!It was Bone chilling cold the other Day!So far,the only Snow/Sleet we've had was Christmas Eve.I miss the deep and powdery Snow from my Childhood!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #7  
Woman on mission!

Ruthxxx,
You sound like a "corker"! Indeed,sh*t does happen!!I decided to stop eating Store bought Sugar-free Chocolates and dig out a Sugar-Free Chocolate Recipe given me and make for when I have a hankering for Chocolate.I never heard of Laura Secord Chocolates.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #8  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

butter butt, Laura Secord is a Canadian Brand.
I once bought a Lindt nas chocolate bar, haven't seen those since tho. It was quite good, getting sweeting from sugar alcohols and splenda.
I found the splenda quite good in my chocolate /apple cake, but since the splenda is expensive, it may not be used as much. I for one would be willing to pay more for a good quality chocolate using that sweetener.
My name is Madeleine and I'm a choco-holic
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/153/138

Smile

I buy the Lindt 85% cocoa dark chocolate bar, and eat 3 squares of that most days to get my daily "chocolate hit". Or, if you can get the Ghiradelhi 72% dark chocolate and just have a strip of that each day, that is also doable. We are on the "DTour" plan, anti diabetes plan, and the extra dark chocolate is allowed on that. Someone bought us the Russel Stovers boxes of sugar free chocolates for Christmas, and dh and I both felt sick from them, tossed them away and will certainly never buy them. I am still losing weight even though I have the dark chocolate too, so that is not a worry for me. Don't know how others would feel though, just a suggestion for you guys.
results not typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #10  
Madeleine

I really have to avoid the chocolate. I have trouble not bingeing when I get it, and I am still learning to calorie count, just managing not to be hungry with good food and stay within my cals for the day. No room for a treat yet. sure have to do a lot of exercise to enjoy some extra calories. At least I haven't had a period in 4 months, so not having pms chocolate cravings. Maybe menopause is finally here. (have been peri-menopausal for a few years now, would be glad to enter that time of the crone)
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #11  
Madeleine

Default just cant have chocolate yet

I really have to avoid the chocolate. I have trouble not bingeing when I get it, and I am still learning to calorie count, just managing not to be hungry with good food and stay within my cals for the day. No room for a treat yet. sure have to do a lot of exercise to enjoy some extra calories. At least I haven't had a period in 4 months, so not having pms chocolate cravings. Maybe menopause is finally here. (have been peri-menopausal for a few years now, would be glad to enter that time of the crone)
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #12  

I do at least 2 hrs. a day on the exercise bike, plus Jack LaLanne's exercises and some weights, so that helps so you can eat more. The DTour plan lets you have nuts, olives, avocado, and good oils too. It helps, but it's hard to stay away from milk chocolate, that is what I used to eat alot of too. That stuff I can't have now.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #13  

ButterButt
Stay away from that sugar free candy, I went that route in the past. It is a "no-no". When I just cannot stand it anymore and need that sweet, I have a cup of sugar free and fat free hot chocolate, oh yum! When we try to find substitutes for wrong foods we get into trouble. Learning to just say no will keep you alive longer. I know I am 75 and have done it all in the past.
damsel1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #14  

I do the 85% cocoa very dark Lindt chocolate, have 2 squares per day, and still maintain or lose weight. My husband just happened to find it and bought me several bars to try out. It has worked the best for me, far better than any of those so called "sugar free" things out there. Perhaps that would help some of you addicted to some food items. This chronic weight issue we have can only be learned to control, but not cured, so may as well learn to live with it in some kind of peace.