Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/304/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Tiny minigoal...but big for me!

Yesterday was the first day of my new life. I actually left HALF of the food on my plate....didn't eat it! I felt so empowered, like for the first in years I felt in control of my willpower. Yay!
I know its probably silly to get excited over this, but for me, its a major step. I weighed in at 309.2 this morning, and I'm gonna get down to 150. For so long, it seemed like such a mountain that I would never be able to climb it...but now it just seems like a bunch of little day hikes. I'm going to set my first real mini goal at 299...I can do that. I gained one lb at a time, and I'll loose it that way, too.

Dessi
"As long as it takes, one cow at a time." Larry McMurtry, Lonesome Dove

Last edited by dessi; 01-09-2010 at 12:34 PM.
dessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #2  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your first of many milestones you are going to reach. Even when you think you are the only one dealing with an obstacle and you post it someone will let you know you aren't alone. This is the most supportive site for weight loss. Congratulations and look forward to many more successes. Just take it one step at a time.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #3  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! It is a major step - getting (and feeling) in control of what you're eating and how much is the key to success and one of the hardest things to do - AND YOU"RE DOING IT!

You also have gotten your head around the other most important reality of losing weight - it's one day at a time, one step at a time - how smart to break it up into manageable, attainable mini-goals that will keep you moving forward towards your goal weight - WAY TO GO!

Keep us posted on all of your victories and milestones as you continue on this journey - it's fun to celebrate with you and also inspires us to do the same.

Last edited by leeway; 01-09-2010 at 03:34 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

dear dessi, i'm so happy for you! i remember what a relief it is just to finally start the program/new life, like you already lost ten pounds. it really is so empowering to know you finally started the journey and you won't be turning back ever.
way to go!
quince is offline   Reply With Quote