Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #58

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #58

ECmom
08-11-2002, 07:15 PM
Stay at home Mom's #58
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #57 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny

ECmom
08-11-2002, 07:17 PM
Hi!!!!!!!!
First of all, welcome Anna!!!!!!!! This thread is a fun and supportive place, and I am sure that you will fit in just fine here. You have quite some story with your Dh and your health. I am so sorry- how are both of you?????? Have you both recovered well from the strokes????? But I guess you have more than enough incentive to regain health and I hope that we can help you (or at least entertain you!!! ) on your journey.

Steph! Congrats on losing 3#! You are doing great! Those tapes you are doing, are they Leslie Sansone's? I saw some the other day in Sam's and wondered if that is what you are using. (I have one of her video's, an older one that I like).

Jen- I hope that your family fun nite went well.....sounds like a hoot to me! I would not worry about one sundae......you have to have a treat once and a while!!!!!

Melissa!!!! Congrats on going down a size!!! Isn't that a wonderful feeling??? I am so happy for you. Now, remember to drink you water.......ok? Please !

Spryng- good job staying OP- despite all those food choices. Relax, the weight will come off........ That is true about the slower the pounds come off, the longer they stay off. So that is good news then, right?! Take your time, we are here for all support and hugs that you need.

Michele- I am so glad that your lump was nothing! You must feel a ton better.

Tami-sounds like you are doing well. Hope that your shopping trip was fun and successful. Good for you getting your excercise in!!!!!! Keep it up.

KarenW- I hear ya, most Dh's do not really understand our need to vent/via posting. But we are glad you can share with us. Hope that all went well with your company.

Well, I had a looney weekend. Saturday was a family picnic- and MIL (who is a very difficult person- and that says it mildly) really went off the deep end. What a difficult day until she left (pfew!!!!!!!).

Well, I am going to start a new thread (#58!). Jackie is back- she left a post on the end of # 56 which I am going to attempt to drag over there (and I will do that with this too).
See y'all there!
Ginny

ECmom
08-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm back!! It took me just about 45 minutes just to read everyone's posts. And now...DH just came in for the night after washing & putting the boat away until the next time we use it. I can't post too long tonight, so I'll be more individual later. Our vacation was quite nice. The place we rented was a 3 bedroom cottage/cabin. It was just awesome & so relaxing!! (A little tense from time-to-time, but not bad.) The 4 of us actually got along quite well. DH was a knob on my dd's 9th Birthday & wouldn't let us do anything "special" with her. (Ginny-this was the same day you had such a rough time with the family.) I felt so bad for my dd. DH must have thought things over in his head & was a real sweetheart the next day. We ended up taking the family Horse back riding for dd's belated birthday celebration. We also went out to lunch & then went back to the cottage & spent the afternoon tubing behind the boat. I felt like a kid again!! The cottage is way on top of a hill from the lake, on their land, but tons of stairs!!
I guess you could say that I got my daily exercise in. It really got the entire family's heart-rate up there!! Well-the family needs my attention right now, so I'll close for now. C-U all later.

ECmom
08-11-2002, 07:20 PM
OPPSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I tried to drag Jackie's post (left on the end of thread # 56) here- Sorry that I did it the wrong way- but I wanted everyone to know that she was back. Sorry Jackie- but I am so happy that you are back. Glad that your trip went well.
Gotta go- the troops are getting restless........
Ginny

bobsgal
08-11-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey Ginny! The tape I'm doing is Leslie Sansone. I can't begin to tell you how great it is. You really get a great workout. I think I'm going to invest in the rest of the collection. Hope everyone else is doing well. And welcome Anna.
Steph

mel17
08-12-2002, 12:24 AM
Hi ladies, I'm home too, but can't stay! I just stopped in to check my email, and wanted to say hi! I'll be back tomorrow after a good nights rest! TTFN

sassypie
08-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Good Morning!!!

Jackie - welcome home!! Sounds like you had a great vacation - can't wait to hear more about it when you get the time :dizzy: I'm sure you have a lot to unpack/unload.

Ginny - crazy MIL huh? I've got one of those - is that a prerequesite for gaining a good dh? Hope things didn't get too crazy before she left :) And no, one sundae won't kill me but adding it to Cinnabon certainly doesn't help! Man, I gotta get my act together in the sweet dept.! :o

Anna - welcome!!! I think you'll find you can talk about weight issues, as well as every other little (or big!!) thing going on in your and you family's lives. We are happy to have you and hope you post often. :)

Tami - my mind is going blank. Congrats on losing the #s!! I've never tried WATP but I've only heard positive things about it. Keep up the good work!!

Well, we had a fun weekend. We had our sleepover, made our pizzas (SOOOO good!!), watched home movies and ate popcorn. I was blown away watching the home movies - they were just of the girls when they were little but, my goodness, that seemed like forever ago! It made me think about having more - for a few seconds, that is! ;) Ha ha!! Actually, I'm probably happiest with our family right now and don't want to change that just yet. In a few more years perhaps.....we'll see...........;)

Plans today are to clean up the mess from the sleepover and visit with my sister. I have to do upper body and pilates today so I'm feeling pretty good about exercise. I started a thread in another section asking about good upper body workout videos. I haven't checked to see if there were any responses yet but I would like to ask you all too. If you know of any good ones that target the upper body, please let me know. I need more and don't want to chance getting a bad one and never using it. Have a nice day and talk to you tomorrow :)

KarenW
08-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by bobsgal
The tape I'm doing is Leslie Sansone. Steph [/B]

Steph! I lost 56 pounds doing leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk Tape combined with Kathy Smith's Lift Weights to Lose Weight tape! Took me 10 months but I did it! It's an AWESOME tape!

Freckles
08-12-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi Everyone!

First of all: Welcome to all the newbies here! I'll fill you in about myself & address you all personally when life slows down a bit for me. Who knows when that will be!! We're having dd's family Birthday party late this aft., so I'll be running around getting things organized for most of the day. Golly Gee...I'm a glutten for punishment!! I thought that it would be easy having dd's party a day after we returned from vacation, WRONG!! My house looked spotless when we walked in the door from vacation. (My dm cleaned up after herself, thank goodness!!) The kids sure trashed it in no time at all as soon as they walked in the door!! Ginny: Sorry that I goofed up & posted in #56. I SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THAT TO DO SUCH A THING, BRAIN DEAD,I GUESS!! Things will not slow down 'til the weekend here. DD & I are going to Girl Scout camp on Wed. a.m. & will not get back 'til Friday. I'm hoping that ds can stay at a friends house, so that he won't get bored with NANA (Grandma). I'll cross my fingers on this one! :lol: Well, I suppose I'd better run & get things done around the house. I'll post more at a later time, okay?

KarenW
08-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Good Morning!

I didnt mean to hit enter on that last post! I woke up with a sinus headache and the tylenol hasnt kicked in yet... :dz:

My weekend was crazy. Saturday we went to home depot and bought a bunch of PVC pipe so my DH and I could build a stand for his Miata Owners club banner! What a pain! Then yesterday DH went for a drive with the club and the kids and I stayed home and did laundry! Sounds quiet right? WRONG!! First the kids were just going at it! Arguing with each other.. making me crazy, doing things that they know they aren't supposed to.. etc. Then on top of it all.. my dryer died! or so I thought! When DH got home at 5 he fixed the problem. Sigh... so I am behind on laundry! :?:

Anyway, Today is Monday and I am raring to go! I have SOOO many errands to do this morning! And nothing is open yet!

Sassy - How fun! A sleepover! I want to do that too! My sister lives 900 miles away though.. not to mention a single mom of a 2 year old.. so that wont be happening any time soon! But man it sounds like fun!

Ok.. off to do some kitchen cleaning.. and more laundry.. I will check in later!

bobsgal
08-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Karen- I have the Kathy Smith video also. Haven't used it in a whitl, but maybe I'll dust it off since you had such good results. Sassy- the slumber party sounds like it was a lot of fun. Not too much going on in my neck of the woods. I did get up early and go for my 1 mile walk outside and then came home and did the Walk Away the Pounds tape(2 mile) I haven't added the weights yet, but I'll work up to it. Food wise, I'm still staying on plan. I never used to be much of a water person, but since I started 2 weeks ago, I drink about 120-140 ounces per day. I haven't had any soda in over a week, which is great since that's all I used to drink. Take care.
Steph

KarenW
08-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bobsgal
Karen- I have the Kathy Smith video also. Haven't used it in a whitl, but maybe I'll dust it off since you had such good results.

Just one recommendation! Dont do the KS tape with weights for the first couple weeks! Combining it with Leslie's tape makes a big difference in how tired your muscles get! :)

Sarahbella
08-12-2002, 06:01 PM
Oops!
I just posted on the old thread. I'm sorry :)
It's late, I'm hungry, I'm tired...
Whine Whine Whine ;)

Just glad I found you all!

Sarah
Mommy to Meghan 16 months
175.75/166.5/135
Day one on program...and COUNTING!
:D

bobsgal
08-13-2002, 12:05 AM
Karen-thanks for the info. Sarah- glad you found us. I think you'll find everyone really supportive and fun. Well bye for now.
Steph

sheila061968
08-13-2002, 07:39 AM
I am unoffuically back..wont be posting for another week though..Move went OK will tell ya all about it when I can Take care
Sheila

mel17
08-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Morning,

Sorry I didn't drop in yesterday, but I was here reading posts anyway. We're trying to get ready for school next week, and we've been running like crazy to do everything.

Steph, I also do the WATP tapes, and I think they're great! I'm slowly adding upper body, because I just want to tone. I hope you like them, I even had my mom doing them this weekend while I was at her house! :) She thought it was a fun workout, and she went and bought the tapes after I left Sunday.

Welcome Sarah, we look forward to getting to know you.

Welcome back Sheila, I hope everything went alright with your move. How are things going OP for you?

Karen, you sound as busy as me, but I still haven't made it to the laundry room yet. And WOW 56 lbs. is awesome! Did you change your eating too, or were you just working out?

Sassy, I hope you had a nice visit with your sister! I hope you find a good workout tape, I bought a few but haven't tried them all yet, I'll let you know when I do? I've heard a lot about
"The Firm" tapes! Haven't tried it yet either, just working more on burning calories now, but I need to start a toning workout.

Welcome back Jackie, I hope y'all had a good time for DD's party last night, and I'll bet you could use a vacation from your vacation huh! :) Have fun at girl scout camp!

As for me, well I got most of my running around done yesterday and now it's time to concentrate on my nasty house! But I sure wish maids were cheap, cause I need one! Left the guys home while I was out of town, and now stuffs just piled up! Oh well? I didn't get in a workout yesterday, so I really need to today. I know I feel so much better when I do. That's a main priority for me today, and I'll get some of the house work done too! Guess I better get started!

TTFN

Weigh in is tonight, cross your fingers!

Sarahbella
08-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Hi there!
How is everyone doing today?
What is your game plan for today?

Well, it's day 2 on program (WW) for me! Woo Hoo!
I stayed w/in my points yesterday...even saved 3 pts!

I'm hoping to do a step aerobic video today...soon actually...
hoping if it isn't too hot to go for a nice walk, or go to the park with Meghan....

How about you?

Sarah
Mommy to Meghan
4/22/01

mel17
08-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Hi Sarah,

So how are you liking the WW plan? Today is week 10 for me, and it's still great!!!

I just did 1 mile on my treadmill, and now I'm about to go do my WATP tape. It feels so good to exercise, but it's tough trying to get back into it! I'm still fighting my headaches, but I'm going to go see a Dr. this week if they don't improve . I got my hair cut yesterday, and I'm thinking that's going to help alot! Dh didn't want me to get it cut, but I think it's gonna be alot easier to deal with now (cut it short!).

Have a good day, BBL!

sassypie
08-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Hi Gals :)

So many people here now - it's getting confusing! My tiny brain can't retain all the posts and get the names straight with who said what so please, bear with me :dizzy: .

Sarahbella - nice to have you here!! I think you'll enjoy coming here and chatting with all the nice ladies in this group. I was snooping around some other threads the other day and I saw your daughter - she is absolutely beautiful and so, so sweet! Can't wait to ge to know you better :).

Mel - Short hair can be such a time-saver sometimes, don't you think? Mine is shoulder length so I can still pull it back but sometimes I think about getting it all whacked off.......maybe someday..... Good luck at weigh-in - your track record so far has been great, but even if you don't move much or go in the other direction (heaven forbid :o ), don't get discouraged - you can beat the monster - you've done it so far, right!!!

Sheila - so glad you're back (even if it is unofficially ;) ). Can't wait to hear all about the new place and how you've been - it's been a long time since we've heard from you!! Don't take too long!

Jackie - you sound so busy!! Maybe you need a vacation :s: har har har! I almost signed up oldest dd (6) for girl scout camp but decided to wait until next year when she's a bit older. Please let me know how it was though - I'm interested to get some general feedback. I hope dd's birthday party was a smash - summer birthdays are always so much fun!

Ok, that's all I can remember (isn't that terrible?!) I could go back and check the other posts but I'm afraid I'll lose what I just typed. I have a habit of doing that lately and I haven't figured out yet when or why it's been happening. So if I missed you I'm really very sorry - I'll try to get you in next time :^:

W/o du jour is Latin dance (Kathy Smith). This one is aerobic but it's fun cause you're dancing. It really works the legs - especially the calves! Then after that, I have to measure oldest dd for school uniforms and order online. Uniforms are nice to a certain extent, but this is her first year in them and I have no idea if I'm getting too much or not enough, and will they fit long enough or will I have to get a whole new load next semester? Darn those growing spurts!! :lol: Anyway, take care ladies and I'll see ya tomorrow!!!

KarenW
08-13-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by mel17
Karen, you sound as busy as me, but I still haven't made it to the laundry room yet. And WOW 56 lbs. is awesome! Did you change your eating too, or were you just working out?

Hi Mel!

I was doing the WW plan as well as working out! But I really have to credit the weight loss to the tapes. I know I wouldnt have lost as much or stuck with the plan if I didnt see such a remarkable difference in my body!

KarenW
08-13-2002, 04:40 PM
LOL! Sassy I was thinking the same thing as you about all the new people! To many to keep up with !! :)

Welcome Sarahbella! You will love this groups! I'm Karen. I did WW back in 1999 and lost 56 pounds.. along with the tapes I mentioned earlier! As much as I loved the plan, my lifestyle just wont allow me to count points for the rest of my life, so I am using the Food Pyramid to help me eat correctly with the help of a dietician. My goal is to eat healthier and to work out more often.. and lose the weight of course!

I am off for a playdate with the kids in a few but wanted to check in. No treadmill yesterday... i was running errands all day! UGH! I will get it in today though!

Take care and talk to you all soon! :)

spryng
08-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Hello all I am BACK!
And welcome to Anna and Sarah! Can't wait to get to know you both better. I am Spryng. 22, mother of 2. (2 and 6 months and 1 and 7 months) Married for four years now and trying to get this last 15 lbs off. It was only ten more to go but I have put on 5 lbs this last month for some reason. Some is muscle gain due to exercising regularly and some isn't. I was doing low fat, Susan Powters plan but have stopped. I will explain later. But anyway, glad you have found us and look forward to seeing you post more!
I've been gone two days and it feels like weeks when I see all the posts here.
I discovered I gained another lb today. That's why I am stopping Susan Powters Plan. I have followed it to a tee and still gained this week. And it's not muscle, I know. So I went to the library today and checked out 4 books on dieting. While reading one I discovered what my problem might be. I've been dieting so much that my metabolism has slowed WAY down so it's extra effort to lose on my part. So I need a plan that will boost my metabolism again. I think I found it but I'm not going to say what it is until I feel it working. So I'll divulge that info in a few days if I see some progress. I just don't want to be on another failed diet.... it's so frustrating. But I think I found one that will work with my lifestyle. But we'll see. I'm at 141 now. Hopefully if this diet does what it says it will do I'll be 12 lbs thinner in 3 weeks time if not more. That will put me really close to my goal. But I'll keep you all informed.
Well, sorry I didn't get any personal replies in but there was just too many posts to keep up with. But I am impressed with all the exercise talk going on!! You girls are doing great with your exercise!! Keep up the good work!
I'll check back in later and I'm glad you are back Jackie!! Can't wait to see more posts from you again!

mel17
08-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Good evening,

I'm home from weigh in and I just wanted to share~! I really love to be a loser, when I go in thinking that I'll show a gain. I've been feeling bloated and swollen (think TOM is coming?) so I didn't feel like I'd done very well? Much to my surprise I lost 2.2 lbs. which is what I lost last week too! So, needless to say, I'm very happy! I can't stay, Dh is on his way home, so I'm going to work on folding clothes! Have a good night!

274.2/243.4/135
(total lost since 6/11/02= 30.8 lbs.)

spryng
08-13-2002, 11:53 PM
Good for you Mel! What does that bring your total to now?? You are doing so great. I hope to see some losses too pretty soon. I'm psyked about my new plan I came accross. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it turns out to be the "one". :)
Well, I guess I'll get here. G'nite all!

mel17
08-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Spryng, my total is 30.8 lbs!!! Good luck with your new plan, I hope it works out like you want it to. But please take care, and be careful, we don't want you getting sick! I know you'll do it!

Well ladies, how was your day today? I did get in my treadmill, but not my WATP tape. I did 2 miles on my treadmill instead! I guess I'm gonna get some rest, so I can get up early tomorrow and start all over again!!!

Night!

Freckles
08-14-2002, 01:40 AM
Hi!

Thanks for all the "Welcome Backs" from you gals! Unfortunately... I'm leaving again 'til Friday. My DH has been a real "Bear" today & hopefully camping with a bunch of 9 & 10 y/o's & maybe a real "Bear" will be a little easier on me! :lol: Well, I'm burning the midnight oil here & need my z's, so...I'll try & check back over the weekend. Good Night, everyone! :yawn:

ECmom
08-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Good morning!!!!!!
Wow, has this thread been busy!:)
Congrats there, Mel on your phenominal weight loss. 30.8# since June!!!!!!!!!! (aw, I'd be at goal if I had stuck to my diet......:( )..But I am so happy for you- what an inspiration to us all.

Welcome Sarah! I hope that we can get to know you better and that you find this thread as comfortable as the rest of us do!

Another kooky week for me........ (anyone get the idea that this is normal for me?). Today I am taking the kids down to see my Dm and my Ds and her son (16). This should be interesting......sometimes these dynamics work out with the three of us and sometimes they don't. Guess we will just have to see.

My eating has been fair.....but honestly not good enough to lose any. I have been fighting some wierd stomach bug- not bad enough to make you really sick but it drags me out........I do not have the usual spunk I usually do. I have still managed to get my walks in, but I do that for my head as much as my body!

Sorry that there are really no personal replies today.....I have to go get my day started. Dh just got out of bed......better start up the coffee!

Have a great day.
Ginny

sassypie
08-14-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi gals :)

Mel - what else is there to say but Congrats!! 30.8# is phenomenal! I am nowhere even close to that but still I keep chugging away...I think someone on this site said that the slower you lose the weight, the longer it stays off - that's the philosophy I'm going with :s: . So happy for YOU though - it's just great!

Ginny - good luck with dm and ds - I know how that can be. My ds is the baby of the family and I'm the oldest - completely different perspectives on EVERYTHING!! And since ds is still living at home, hanging out with them is like getting double-teamed sometimes. Good luck and just let it all s-l-i-d-e ;) .

Jackie - leaving us again :?: . Boy, you are a busy gal! Have a great time and don't let dh get to you too much - maybe it's *HIS* TOM this week :s: Don't you hate it when they say that - drives me nuts - my dh has learned that's a big no no in our house! Feels kinda good though to say it back to them, hipocritical yeah, but a *little* good nonetheless ;)

Spryng - girl, you and your diets. I'm exhausted just listening to you go from plan to plan :dizzy: . Have you ever thought that dieting may not be the answer? I'm not *at all* trying to be insensitive, but I notice that you seem to place a lot of emphasis on *how much* you weigh. I just wonder if once you reach your goal weight, will you be able to maintain it? I know you are aware that dieting is a yo-yo process. I fear that you'll reach your goal and then go back to eating what you love and will regain the weight. I fear that you'll end up "dieting" to lose that 10-15# the rest of your life and I'd hate to see you go through all that work! If the pants fit - wear em and be proud! Keep up the exercise - get into a routine where you can just workout 20-30 min a few days/week and commit to eating out less and less. Talk to your dh and get him to understand that you need him to work with you and not bring home "goodies and treats" by surprise. (This can be tricky - my dh used to do the same thing - be gentle!) Again, please don't think I'm picking on you. I just want you to be happy with yourself and not have to try so hard :). Please pm me if you want and we can talk more or tell me to shut up and I will ;)

Karen - how was the playday? Hope you don't have too many gray hairs from it! I have one today and I can feel mine popping out everytime I think about it! When these girls get together, we are in hyper-city!

Well, I should go...this ended up being longer that I planned (me and my big mouth!). I have the playday and I also have errands to run. W/o du jour is upper body and pilates so I better get going before I procrastinate too much and can't fit it in :o . Take care ladies!!

bobsgal
08-14-2002, 01:53 PM
wOW Mel-30.8 lbs! Great job. I can't wait til I can say that about myself, But I'm taking it day by day. I've been doing really good with my eating and exercise. I've been walking 1 mile every morning Mon-Fri and now that I got the WATP tape, I've been doing that every other day as well. The clothes are starting to feel looser already so I'm taking that as a good sign no matter what the scale says. I'm at 272 now(lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks) and still have a long way to go. I'm hoping to lose another 5 lbs by Sept 1st. I think that's realistic. Then I have a drs appt on Oct 1st, so I'm hoping to lose another 7 lbs by then. That will put me at 260, which is about 20+ lbs less than what I weighed last year when I went. So I can use all the support I can get.I ordered the complete set of WATP, including the weights, yesterday. I can't wait until they arrive. In another couple of weeks I'm going to start working on my abs. Anyone able to recommend a good ab workout? I'm open for suggestions. Bye for now.
Steph

spryng
08-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Thank you Sassy for being so honest and yes I have thought about how dietingmight not be the answer. I have been on a ton of diets since joining this thread but I am learning from past mistakes too. Eventually I'll be able to write my own book on it!! :lol: But this diet isn't like the rest, I mean it isn't so crazy. It makes alot of since to me and like all the diets that DO work it's healthy eating. More vegetables, fruits, and weat products, along with small portions of meat etc. It's just done in a certain way that promotes a higher metabolism so that it doesn't slow down and when I go off the diet I won't regain as quickly as a normal person would on a low calorie diet. Hope I made some sense. But I had a nice bowl of banana nut crunch cereal for breakfast with fat free skim milk and am planning on some beans for lunch. So I'm eating well and I already got in 20 minutes of exercise in today. I'm hoping to get in 20 more. This diet wants you to work up to 45 minutes a day. And I want to too. But thank you so much for caring about me. And about being able to maintain my weight when it's lost, I have a plan for that too. My eating has changed so much thte past few months. I now buy wheat bread instead of white, I use fat free milk in every recipe that calls for milk, I use applesauce instead of oil in batters, I prefer fruit over sweets, I eat lots of fresh veggies, so I think maintaining won't be hard for me especially when my body is in good physical condition too with all the exercise I've been doing and will do. Will being 125 make me happy?? The day I see it on the scale will be heaven but it doesn't dictate that everything in my life will go well and I'll be eternally in bliss. But it will help me feel better about who I am. A mother, wife....lover.. But being 125 isn't a magical weight for me. It's a goal. After I get to that goal I'll begin anew again with something else whether it's playing my guitar more or learning sign language again... we are always work in progress... :) But hopefully by losing 16 lbs I'll be able to make healthy choices about not only my food but also about life... that is my goal. To be healthy physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. And losing weight is one battle to get there.
Sorry I went on and on. It's just something that is close to my heart right now.

spryng
08-15-2002, 11:37 AM
Good Morning all!
The thread has been slow the past couple of days. I hope everyong is doing well.
Well I have some good news.... I'm down two lbs this am!!!! 139 now. I think this plan is really going to work for me. I'm in love with a diet again. I know it's just water so far but that's ok. I have to start somewhere huh?? :)
Today I don't have much planned. I'm finishing up the kitchen, peddling for 30 minutes today, and playing with the kids. That's my day. My DH went back to work today after a week off. It's actually been nice having him around everyday and he even mowed our entire yard yesterday, all 1 1/4 acres of it! It looks so BIG now!!
Well I guess I better get my day going and some breakfast in me... hope to see more posts today! Everyone have a great and OP day!

spryng
08-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Oh, I'm changing my mini goal, obviously I didn't make the 5 lb challenge. Any one else make it??

spryng
08-15-2002, 04:41 PM
Where is everyone today??

The forum is going to be changing servers come tomorrow. Please go and read that from Suzanne so that nobody gets "lost" in the move. I just found it and I'm glad I did because email and such might not work for a while.
Anyway... my day is going well. I had a friend come visit today who was so encouraging to me. (not on weightloss, even though she did comment on how well I looked) but on life in general. Once she lef I felt really motivated to get things done this time.
I've eaten well today and got in 20 minutes on the bike. For some reason I always stop once it hits 20 minutes. I want to get in at least 10 more today but probably won't. I'll be gone this evening and then Big Brother comes ontonight that I don't want to budge off the sofa for :) Pathetic huh?? Anybody else like that show? Reality TV to me is addicting. I love it. Some people love soaps, I love Survivor and Big Brother. Never miss an episode.
Well, I went on and on about nothing ... :)
I hope SOMEONE posts soon... I'm beginning to feel so alone here... (echo, echo) Anybody out there? (out there? out there?)

sassypie
08-15-2002, 04:56 PM
Hi ladies -

Posting kinda late today - had tons to do this morning! Youngest dd had a dr's appt for preschool and we thought she would need shots but found out that she didn't - phew! She had been talking about how scared she was from the moment that I made the appt over a month ago! Turns out she's all up to date and won't need any until next year :) . After that we had about 6 or 7 other places to go and just got home about 1/2 hr ago. I'm wiped out!! Taking kids on errands is not at all fun sometimes - today they both had "sticky finger syndrom" and couldn't keep their hands off of anything - UGH! Just glad we're home now - I can finally relax - I think EVERYTHING is finally done for school :dizzy: .

So how is everyone doing? It seems that Sprying's the only one who's been posting lately. Btw, Spryng, I'm glad you weren't mad at me for the comments I made the other day. You made a lot of sense with what you said; and from the sounds of it you've given this topic a lot of time and thought - I'm glad for that and happy that you are comfortable with where you're at. I hope this new diet is everything you need and want :).

I'm a little mad at myself cause I've been procrastinating my workouts lately. I push it off until I practically don't have enough time to get them and a shower in. Yesterday I only did my upper body w/o and not the pilates cause I had a playday to go to. I told myself I'd do it when I got home but I had to get dinner ready and it got later and later and then I forgot about them altogether. I remembered at 10:30pm and by then I was too tired and going to bed. I did the same thing earlier in the week too :^:. I need to get back on track and quick! Help!!

Today I'm going to do pilates first and then taebo. If I do it the other way around, I'll never have enough energy to do pilates and form is so important! Take care ladies!

mel17
08-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Hi ladies,

Spryng, I'm here! Just been kinda distracted, too much going on. School starts Monday, and things will slow down after that. I'm happy that you found a plan you can live with and WTG on being down 2 lbs!! You seem to be more chipper over the last couple of days, and back on track. I'm happy for you, heaven knows it's tough trying to change your lifestyle, but at least you seem to be thinking healthy. "It'll all work out in the wash", that's what my mom used to say. As for me, I'm really having a rough time getting back into my workouts! I've been so tired for the last week, I think TOM is coming. I did WATP 1 mile tape, and walked a mile on my treadmill too, but I was doing so much more before slacking off a week ago! Help! My eating has been good but I know that my exercise is whats taking the weight off. Sassy I can totally relate to whats going on with you, so what do we do now? Since I had my hair cut, my headaches have been a little better, but I know this is all tied together somehow? I'm not giving up though!!! Right now I need to get dinner started, I'll BBL!

ECmom
08-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi!
Well, I survived the visit with Dm and Ds. Most everything went well. Got lots to fill in on what happened.........and they go home tomorrow.
Seems as though this has been busy here. Dd just came home in one doozey of a miserable mood!!!! (how comes this allways happens when I get on the 'puter!).
Gotta go...........see ya later!
Ginny

spryng
08-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Good evening ladies! It's so good to see some posts! I thought I was talking to myself there for a while.
Well anyway. I ended the day well. Stayed OP. It was hard tonight though. I was craving pizza so bad and had already had my limit for today. My DH wasn't much help either, he really wanted pizza too. He kept trying to talk me into it. I caved for about 2 minutes and then thought about how I would feel in the morning, I would feel fat and guilty, etc. So I said no and he didn't bring any home. WHEW! That was a close one.
Melissa, was your hair long and thick before it was cut? I've heard the weight of hair can cause headaches. You should be glad that you are at least getting insome sort of exercise every day even though it's not as much as you would like. It's the same with me. I get on my bike everyday but for no more than 20 minutes then I get off and can't seem to get myself back on. But as long as your eating is good and you are getting "some" exercsise in you should still see a loss.
Sassy, do you see results with pilates?? I've seen it on the home shopping network but never gave it much thought. Is it aerobic exercise or strength training?? I'm content with my bike right now but I am thinking about popping in my denise austin tape a couple times a week for variety. What do you think?
Ginny can't wait to hear all about your visit! Glad it went well. Do you remember when Jackie said she'd be back? Boy I miss her posts, and you to Misty, I really miss you posting often too. I hope everything is alright.
Well, I'm calling it a night. I'll chat with you ladies more tomorrow!! :)

spryng
08-16-2002, 11:19 AM
I'm BACK!! :lol:
You are probably getting tired of my posts by now...
But I have good news!! I'm down 2 more lbs!! 137 now. I think I may make my goal afterall. This is Day three for me and I'm hoping I don't have any temptations today. I want to finish this diet right.
Well I have lots to do today so I need to get off here. Hope to see everyone post today! Have a great OP day!!

sassypie
08-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Hi Gals :)

Spryng - I do like pilates and I've noticed it seems to be all the rage right now! Everytime I check out the fitness section in any store, there're more and more pilates tapes available - it's like every instructor is jumping on the bandwagon! It's considered strength training - it works the core of your body - abs and back. I do several different tapes, (both strength training and aerobics), so I can't credit any one tape, but I will say that I definitely feel the burn while doing pilates. It's slow and very focused - it makes you really think about form. The better form you have the more you'll get from the exercises. I think if you're looking to add something to your routine, pilates would be a great way to go. (End non-paid endorsement :lol: )

Ginny - you survived the visit - congratulations! It's nice to visit family from time to time - even if it's not always as Walton-esque as we would like ;) . I always wonder if my memories as a child were *really distorted* or if my family has just gotten crazier as we've all aged - hard to say for sure - I don't know which way is actually better? Can't wait to hear how it went...

Mel - as far as motivation goes, I dunno... It comes and goes for me. I have decided that I have to and will *make* the time for myself to do my workouts daily. I will be going back to work (part-time) in just a few weeks and with both girls in school, I'll be needing to reschedule many aspects of my life so that I can make everything fit. I guess the main thing for me is that I don't want to go back to where I was a few months ago. I let myself go for too long and I deserve to be taken care of better and cherished more than that - and by *ME*!!! So important!! There's another thread I post on and we were having trouble staying motivated too. We decided to list a pledge of what we would do food/exercise wise for the next couple of days and try to stay true to that. It's a baby step but it's a start. Maybe we could start up something similar like do weekly pledges and list exercise/water/food goals? I'm so up for that if you are (and anyone else is welcome too, of course!).

Well, HOORAY for me!! I did do my pilates and taebo yesterday - I got a huge burst of energy during taebo and really worked it! Today, I have to do abs and thighs. Dh is having another sports party tomorrow - fantasy football this time so I have to get off here and make sure that the house is presentable - not like they really care, but you all know what I mean! Girls are at dg & g's for the day so I can really focus and get done quickly :smug: . I need to get upstairs and finish removing 6 layers of wallpaper that I started in the spring and just have been blowing off ever since :o - no one sees it but us so it's so easy to forget :o . Have a nice weekend ladies - take care!!

spryng
08-16-2002, 01:00 PM
That's a great idea sassy! Count me in! You'll have to start the first one so the rest of us know what we are doing. But it sounds really good. Congrats on getting in your exercise yesterday. Sometimes it's a pain to stop and exercise but we always feel better after we do right?? I know I do.
Well I'm alomost done with the house. It was such a mess by this morning. The kitchen especially. We don't have a door that seperates the livinbg room from the kitchen and its getting old. We have a big archway that leads into the kitchen but because of this I can't keep the kids out of anything in the kitchen. And they get into EVERYTHING!! I'm thinking about buying some french doors or something to make a door. If I can just keep them out then it would stay clean, at least until meal times.
Well, talk with youlater!!

lovmykiddies
08-16-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi ladies!!!!

Man oh man have I been busy! I'm working sooo much this week and I can't wait until the weekend is over and then I'll get some rest! I've been doing awesome with my exercising...I have done the 2 mile WATP with the weights everyday except last night for about 5 days now I think. Last night I only got through half of it because my leg hurt for some reason so I got up bright and early this morning and did the whole tape! I have lost another 2# since the last time I was on so it's a total of 12# lost!!!! Yahoo!!! If I could just do better with my eating I know I would be doing so much better...although I keep reminding myself that 2# is nothing to sneeze at, right????;)

Well it sounds like everyone else is doing really well too!

Melissa-You're doing a great job!! Keep it up!

Spryng-Another 2 lbs gone? Yippee!!!

By the way, as anyone ever read any of Bob Greene's books? I read them both and I found them VERY interesting! Also I just finished a novel called Good in Bed and it's about a plus size woman's life and how she learns to deal with her size....I thought it was very entertaining and enlightening!!! It's by Jennifer Weiner if anyone is interested!!

Well everyone have a great op day!!! I'll check in later and do some more personal responses!

Tami
Mom to Tyler and Emma

230/218/???

spryng
08-16-2002, 01:21 PM
It's so funny you mentioned it Tami because I just purchases Bob Greene's Get With The Program book!! I've had it about 5 days now. I love it. The way he explains the scale and metabolism and why we need water is great. And of course the chapter on motivation was great. There are wriitne exercises in the book to find out what makes dieting fail for you and then explains them one at a time and how to correct it. I really am enjoying his book. Is that the one you have??? Congrats on the 2# loss!! You are doing great! before you know it you'll be below 200 and heading to your goal. You are doing great!!
Well back to the kitchen... (my computer is here in the kitchen so I canstay online and caht with you all..) bye.

mel17
08-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Hello,

Sassy, That's a great Idea, I've already been doing that in my daily journal, and sharing it with y'all will give me more accountability. As for motivation, I have plenty but my body isn't up to it for the last week. I think I know why, this morning I went to the bath room and all of a sudden I felt like I was going to be sick. I broke out in a cold sweat, and the room started going black! I think it's a virus, because I've been weak feeling since then. So I'm going to take it easy today, but tomorrow I'll get back into my workouts.

WTG, Spryng and Tami for your loss! I better watch out, y'all are gonna catch me if I'm not careful!

OK Sassy here goes...

Daily Goals:

( I don't really have any food goals, except to stay in my point range, which I've been doing!)

taking the day off in the exercise dept. (due to sickness)

drink 100 oz. of water

Have a good day!

lovmykiddies
08-16-2002, 04:36 PM
Hi again!

Just got this picture scanned and thought I would share it with you all!!! This picture was my ds and I on the 4th of July and it was RIGHT before I started losing weight!

Have a great day everyone!

Tami

mel17
08-16-2002, 06:40 PM
Just checking in to let y'all know that I'm feeling a little better! Maybe even well enough to try to get in a mini workout tonight, that way I don't feel guilty. :^: wish me luck! I'll check back later.

TTFN

ECmom
08-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Good evening!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I am glad that this week and day are drawing to a close......things could have been a ton worse (and I know that I should count my blessings) but this week has been stressful.
Today especially. Dd blew up at me.......and basically told me that she lives her entire life so that she can stay away from me- can't wait until she is out of the house and that I have been an awful mother for her entire life. My sister is enroute home- after squeezing my mother to pay for the entire week of her visit (car rental, food - as in she and her Ds ate her out of house and home). And my SIL and BIL have basically stuck their heads in the sand with regard to my MIL's insane behavior at last weekends family picnic. I consider myself fortunate that I still have some sanity after this week!!!!! One good thing is that Dd and Dh went to a softball tournament (just as spectators) so there is some peace and quiet in the house right now.
Needless to say, my eating has been pretty bad (keeping in mind that I am a stress eater). The good news is that I walked and my water intake is fine, I do not keep track but I drink a lot of it.

Melissa- glad that you are feeling better!!! You have what sounds like the bug I had a few days ago. Not really bad enough to be sick, but just not feeling 100%. Glad that you are on the mend. Go easy on the workout, but I hope that you got one in!

Tami- congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!! Hey 2# is nothing to sneeze at- and if you took that off each week........that is quite an accomplishment! Thanks for being an inspiration to us. Love that picture of you and Ds. You look like a fun, personable and happy lady. (but then we could tell all of that from your posts).
As a funny aside, about 2 months ago, we had a sort of game where we all guessed what each other looked like- just based upon how we post! The results were very interesting, and sure kept us all smiling.

Spryng- congrats on your 2# loss, and self control with that pizza!!! I am so happy for you that you are able to stay OP fairly easily (that is over half the battle, right?). Glad to hear that the brave mascot of the thread is back in prime form!!!!!!!

Jen- you sound as though you are doing fine also- getting both the tae bo and pilates work outs in! Great idea having us post our goals for each day. I will have to start that next Monday- sometimes getting online is tough during the weekend with Dh home and Dd hogging the computer so much.

Guess I had better go. Hope that each of you has a great weekend!!!!!
Ginny

ECmom
08-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! 4 pages!! I am going to start the next thread-
#59 and transfer my last post. See ya there!!!!!!
Ginny