South Beach Diet - Weekend Chat

View Full Version : Weekend Chat

Ruthxxx
01-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Here we go with the first "real" weekend of the year. Last weekend was sort of a recovery weekend for most of us. ;)

The darling dogs managed to bump open the kitchen door and joined me in bed last night. I looked at my clock, decided it had stopped and got up and came downstairs. It wasn't until then that I realized the 3:30 reading on the clock was correct! It will definitely be a nap day without the dogs.

The deep freeze continues around here. At least I don't have a citrus crop to fret about! An Irish friend wrote me yesterday to say that it was the coldest winter over there in 100 years and her lovely garden is dead. So much for global warming.

Not much on the agenda today although that could change. I may go down to Bob's Diner for breakfast when he opens at seven to catch up on the Village news. He's been closed since Christmas Eve so there should be a good backlog of gossip!

I hope your Saturday has just enough excitement to make it interesting and, if not, make some! :cofdate:

TwynnB
01-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Good morning Ruth! Does that mean you didn't go back to bed after 3:30, or did you manage to sneak a little snooze in? It would be fun to go to the diner!

I'm sitting her having a glass of water (is that a sin? no coffee yet?) to wake up a bit and do some Wii fit yoga. Then off to work, and back to work on the kitchen. The kitchen cabinets are placed in next Thursday and Friday...then we're close to done!! I wish I could've planned meals better, but I guess the ceiling falling down will interrupt things, eh?

Have a great day, all to follow!

Ruthxxx
01-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Twinn, once I'm up, I'm up! Of course the dogs are back asleep. :shrug:

It's really cold out there so I'm reconsidering walking to the diner. It's very close but 0F with a wind is rather unpleasant. I may drive and then go to the store right after breakfast.

I hope everything stays on schedule for your reno. Yes, having the ceiling fall down is a good excuse for practically anything!

Heidi58
01-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Good morning!

I'm safe and sound in Massachusetts, but it was a tough drive last night. I knew there were flurries predicted but I did not expect such slippery road conditions. :eek: Praise God I had no trouble, but I passed several bad accidents and it took me close to 5 hours to get here rather than the usual 3 and a half.

Ruth, I think you need a new latch for your kitchen door! :D 3:30 is way earlier than I want to wake up! I hope you get to the diner today... Whatever you decide to do, have a great Saturday.

Twynne, Good morning and good for you hitting the Wii so early! The more you talk about your kitchen, the more anxious I am to see those photos you're going to post. :) I hope you have an easy day at work today.

Hello to the rest of you. I love how many new posts there are here now. I don't have time to catch up on them all this morning but I'm looking forward to relaxing and checking them all out when I get home tonight. Enjoy your Saturday, friends! :hug:

Mmckellen
01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Hey all! Here's to a great on plan weekend for all, especially for me. I have a number of challenges this weekend.

First, yesterday, although I did remain on plan, my eating was very uneven. Breakfast was egg salad and celery as usual, same for snack of non fat Greek yogurt. Lunch was the inside of a gyro sandwich. The meat was a bit fatty and though the sauces didn't have any sugar, there was not as much salad as I thought there would be. So no real veggies at lunch. Then, I skipped afternoon snack because I forgot my almonds at home (could have gotten some peanuts from the vending machine I guess, but was involved in cleaning out our supply closet at work so was in the "zone" with that).

When I got home I had my almonds and my usual early evening snack of cottage cheese with caponata. I had more of the caponata than usual because there was only about half a portion left after I served myself, so I just finished it. That's not terrible, but there is a bit of sugar in the caponata. Then I had a pickle and prepared dinner - steak with roasted chick peas and broccoli. Because I was so full from my snack I didn't eat much steak and the broccoli and chick peas burned and were too salty. ARRRRRGH. But, I successfully skipped my Friday evening wine so WHOO HOO for me. Anyway, today is another day.

Today we are planning a trip to the Container Store to buy stuff to organize our house. Even my husband is getting into it!:cheer2: But we will probably be on the road most of the day, and for lunch. So here's my plan for today:
B-egg salad with celery and broccoli sprouts and small salad
Snacks, which will also probably comprise lunch too: almonds, cheese stick, yogurt, romaine lettuce leaves
Snack when get home: cottage cheese with caponata (new container)
Dinner: grilled spanish style chicken cutlets from Trader Joes with some kind of veggie, not sure what?

Have a great weekend ladies!! Sorry this is so lon.

Oh - one other thing - child's birthday party tomorrow thrown by friends who always put on a deluxe spread. Another challenge, but I'm feeling positive.

femmecreole
01-09-2010, 08:12 AM
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! In the teens this morning. I woke up at 4 and just couldn't go back to sleep. Of course the computer is in the sunroom/library..the coldest room in the house with all of the windows!

Ruth, I may be joining you in that nap this afternoon. I'm not a nap taker, but every now and then it's a joy! My husband brought our "citrus crop" inside a couple of days ago. A meyer lemon tree with 11 almost ripe lemons. I was worried that the dogs might look at the lemons and think "neat toys to play with" but so far so good. Everything else outside is a soggy gooey mess except for some parsley. Glad he brought it in. At least spring "cutting back" will be easy...I'll just cut everything down to the ground and pray for the best...if not, new plants!

Twynn, I know you'll be thrilled when your kitchen is done! I had the one in my last house renovated and it was a 3 month nightmare.

Heidi, glad you made it ok...be careful out there!!!!!!!!!!!

No plans for me today. Didn't get around to making my soup yesterday, so today is definately soup day!

CyndiM
01-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Good morning :coffee2: Apparently sleeping in is not allowed here. DW got up at the usual time but I stayed in bed, determined to sleep in. Was just about to get back to sleep (finally!) when the cat started scratching the door frame, his one bad habit. Of course after scolding him I was awake again and just gave up. Oh well.

Ruth - Guess the dogs missed you :) Sounds like a good day to stay inside :brr:

Twynn - I love the Wii yoga in the morning. I have a 20 minute routine of yoga and strength that is just right for getting me loosened up and moving in the morning.
Can't wait to see the new kitchen pics! Is this a working or off weekend for you?

Heidi - Wow, glad you made it safely. That little bit of snow when the temps drop is horrible. Hope your visit is good and your drive home safe and warm.

Mmckellen - Eating on plan is the most important part, especially early on. The quantities will work out as time goes on but you're making good food choices. Hope today is easier and tastes better ;)

Cat - Soup here this weekend too - both days :) Glad yor lemon tree is inside where it's warm.

Cold here this weekend, like everywhere else. I'll probably hibernate a lot, not being a fan of cold. The usual chores on tap with plenty of Wii tossed in for amusement. I need one of those at work. It gets me up and moving more often, a really good thing for my joints.

I have lots of butternut squash I need to do something with. Anyone ever frozen it in chunks? Does it need to be blanched first?

The cats think it's time to feed them so I must obey ;) Stay warm out there!

femmecreole
01-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Cyndi, how about making soup out of the squash and freezing it?
Here is a good basic recipe with some variations at the bottom of the page. (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=1975)
M mckellen...good morning! Wish I could go to the container store with you!
Organizing is fun!

Lexxiss
01-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone:

Apparently, I'm one of the few who slept in...of course it's still a bit early here. We stayed up way too late last night and the troops have outvoted me...it's back to bed for a bit. Just wanted to pop in and say hi. See you all in a bit.

cottagebythesea
01-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Well, slept in this morning. :p I was woken up several times during the night with Jake's tossing and turning and cover hogging, but he claims that I kept him awake with my snoring. :?:

Just a lazy day on the horizon for me. I do want to run up to Walmart for some things, specifically cleaning supplies, but I don't have anything else planned. I'm trying to decide on the ideal spot for my bike so I'll actually use it, and the only place I can thing of is right here in the livingroom in front of the tv. It's my house and I can do what I want, right? ;)

I walked down to my garden yesterday to see if any Swiss chard survived, but nothing was poking up through the snow. I guess it finally succumbed to the arctic blast.

Ruth, I'd love to join you for breakfast at Bob's this morning. Let's make that a must when I come up again, OK? What a fascinating place that diner is!

Twynn, I can't wait for pictures of your new kitchen, how exciting! We're saving for new countertops and maybe it will happen next summer. :crossed:

Heidi, I'm glad you made it safely to your parent's after that harrowing trip!

Cat, I'm thinking soup today, too, since we're only in the teens. Bringing your lemon tree inside must be like a breath of summer in the house, all sunny and cheery! I hope it warms up for you all down there soon!

Cyndi, you're starting to perk my interest in a wii with your enthusiasm. Those things never go on sale though, do they? :(

I'm going to pour myself another cup of coffee and see what Jake wants for breakfast. We don't go to Cracker Barrel much anymore, as they must have gotten a new cook or something, and the food tastes like old grease. Blech.

CyndiM
01-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Cat - I thought about freezing some as soup but I have limited freezer space this time of year (lots of blueberries, greens & leftovers in there). That recipe looks good though

Cottage - two friends of mine got their Wii's from friends of their kids who were selling them. Bet your GD could be a good resource. Honestly if I had known how much I would use it I'd have purchased it last year but I was afraid we wouldn't actually get much use out of it. Yesterday it cheered me for reaching 10 hours already.

Good morning Debbie. Enjoy the extra zzzzzs :)

I'm lazing but it's time for the Wii then breakfast!

femmecreole
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Cyndi, another idea...slice it up and roast it with some olive oil, onions and seasoning. Then you can eat it as a side dish, put it in salads and also put it on sandwiches...should last a few days that way. I like to do that with eggplant...just keep it in the fridge to add to other stuff.

I also like to put roasted veggies on my "weekend" breakfast:
A piece of ezikiel toast.
A little mozzeralla on top of that.
Some spinach on top of that.
Some roasted veggies on top of that
An over easy egg on top of that.
Some salsa or bruschetta and green onions and parsley on top of that...
talk about yum!!!

WaistingTime
01-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Good morning all. May work on my scrapbook today since photos came in the mail yesterday. The hard part is getting myself started. My teen's indoor soccer and rec basketball start this weekend. Otherwise, just trying to keep warm - like everyone else it seems.

Have a good one:)

Lexxiss
01-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi again...the troops are showing some movement.:cp: I napped last evening in order to watch a BB game that didn't start until 830pm. Needless to say, my sleep routine is all goofed up. The cold spell continues, yet I still see a pinhole of light at the end of the tunnel. I love Spring!

Ruth, glad you decided to stay indoors and skip that breakfast outing...from what I can tell, the gossip will still be waiting for the next opportunity.:lol: BTW-I don't use the term global warming, but rather climate change...it certainly seems there are an ever increasing number of "changes". I hope you get a great breakfast at home with the "family".

Twynn, can you find the coffee maker?? I'm amazed your project is going to be finished so fast...it seems there has to be a glitch...I'll keep my fingers crossed :crossed:

Heidi, :wave: See you soon. Take care on those roads..whew 2 extra hours on the road is not fun! I hope it's better today!

Mmckellen, have fun today! Container Store is one of my favorites, but sadly I don't need much anymore! We have one very close to us. I totally agree with Cyndi about OP foods-the quantity will work itself out and it's far more important to eat OP when you're desiring "more"-especially now. Even at the start of P2, the body is still detoxing and would be really happy to have some of that old "stuff". Every day that you eat OP foods is healthier than the day before.

Cat, I'll bet your beautiful gardens are a mess...at least there is hope of a quick recovery-no hope here yet. Enjoy your cold day off.

Cyndi, enjoy your hibernation and Wii amusement...I really want one, but I'm getting enough exercise...I'm looking at a serger instead. Thanks for the glass jar info.

Cottage, good job sleeping in! Here, we just blame any bed hogging or snoring on Bing.:lol: How early can you start planting those cold crops? Enjoy your breakfast at home and $$ in your pocket.

Waisting, enjoy your scrapbook day. With my knitting, the hardest part is starting, too. Just think how great it will be when it's finished. Keep warm!

Off to some home projects. The sun is just rising here so it should start warming up. I had a request for a hat yesterday and she'll come watch the cat while we're gone this week. That is a good trade, since we've been asked to bring a rescue dog back with us when we return on Friday. We're packing very light!

Everyone else, :wave: Have a great Saturday!

femmecreole
01-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Lex, yep gardens are pretty bad, but mother nature will take care of it in the spring! (with a little help from me)

I took this shot a few minutes ago...a little bird "skating" on my sugar kettle on the patio. Those brown things used to be water hyacinths...

Lexxiss
01-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Cat, what a beautiful photo!

Pearlrose
01-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Good morning, I slept in this morning as well just finished making breakfast for everyone who is awake.

Ruth- glad you decided to skip going out into the cold weather, I like to hibernate as well when it is super cold.

Twynn- your project is going fairly quickly, well it seems like it to us probably not to you :), hopefully work will go quickly for you.

Heidi glad you made it safely - drive safely when you go back home.

MmcKellan- have fun at the Container store, I am half organized but definitely need to organize the house a bit more. Keep staying OP.

Cat- glad your DH thought to bring in the lemon tree for you. Hopefully all of your plants will recover.

Cyndi- enjoy your wii fit exercise today- I would love one but refuse to buy another gaming system for this house. I will just stick to my videos.

Cottage- glad you got to sleep in and enjoy your day.

Waisting- enjoy your day today.

Debbie- Wow you did sleep in this morning- good for you. Enjoy your home projects today.

Today nothing on the agenda at all except for DS truck it wouldn't start in this extreme cold weather we are having so we are taking his battery to get checked and see if that is what needs replaced. I rather it be that than the starter or alternator. Still staying OP foodwise- didn't get exercise yesterday but I guess that will just be the rest day for the week and continue on.

Have a great day everyone

CyndiM
01-09-2010, 10:54 AM
:broc: Just had to brag - I had a Kara style whoosh this morning. Guess some of that holiday pigginess hadn't gotten comfortable yet. Now to get rid of the 6 lbs I've been carrying since the wedding ;)

sophie
01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Good morning

Wow what a busy board it is today.

Ruth - hope some quilting in your new studio is on the agenda too

Twynn - Your renovation will be worth it in the end. What kind of floor do you have. We have been looking a laminates does anyone have any experience with those.

Heidi - hope your drive home is better.

MmKellan - here's to a good weekend for you.

Cat - oh having a lemon tree must be wonderful. Love the way you document things with pictures.

Cottage - enjoy your cappuccinos this weekend.

WaistingTime - keep warm.
Cyndi - congratulations, what a way to start a new year.

Pearlrose - enjoy your weekend, you are usually so busy.

Debbie - how many hats does that make this year. Still thinking about my project.

me - going to see Avatar this afternoon and the new kitchen light fixture is being installed, DS is going to help since its quite hard for my DH to keep his arms up for a long time.
take care
Sophie

me -

cottagebythesea
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Cyndi, :cp: on your Whoosh! And thanks for the info! :)

Pearlrose
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Good news, we just had to replace DS battery and his truck started right up. Yeah!!!

Okay now to clean house and get some exercise!

jenne1017
01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
hi all! spent the morning taking down Xmas decor and fighting with DW. Ugh.

Not a good day at all right now.

Heidi58
01-09-2010, 09:28 PM
:hug: Hope the evening goes better Jenn.

I'm home safe and sound. I had a great visit, and an easy drive home. My dad is feeling really good this weekend and my mom and I went out on snowshoes for a short walk this morning! :carrot:

Lexxiss
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Jenn:hug: I hate when that happens...and it's inevitable. I hope you're feeling better. BTW I noticed you're only 2# off your Jan goal! :cp:

Heidi, glad you made it back and that you had a great visit with your folks-and got a little snowshoeing in.

Pearlrose, glad the truck fix didn't cost an arm and a leg. Hope your house is clean and you're enjoying a night at home.

Sophie, I've only finished 3 hats this year. :rofl: How was the movie?

Cyndi, I think it's the Wii Whoosh! :congrat:

We had a nice day at home-we were going contra dancing but decided to stay home and watch basketball. I have a SF lemon cake in the oven-a small one for us and one for our church potluck tomorrow. Hope it survives the SB tweak!

jenne1017
01-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Thanks all. Still tension but at least with the anger we got all the Xmas/Hanukkah decor down and laundry put away! :)

Now I am just awaiting a call from my brother or sister letting me know my niece is born! Today is their bday (sister and brother) so I am hoping the baby holds out 20 more minues :lol:

Ruthxxx
01-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Good morning. It must be still pretty cold out there because Jazz and Disney were back at the door in less than a minute. I'll check for yellow snow later. :lol:

Yesterday was very peaceful. :) I actually stayed in my robe all morning and worked on my quilt then went for produce in the afternoon. It was wonderfully peaceful with no phone calls or drop-ins. I know I sound like a hermit but quiet times are important to me. In Swedish there is a door sign that says "You may as well come in - the day is ruined already!" :rofl:

Off to Church this morning and then another day of quiet although I may drive around this afternoon and deliver the books for the book club.

I hope your Sunday is a day of rest. :cofdate:

WaistingTime
01-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Good morning Ruth, and all who follow.

Last day on Phase I for me. I will spend my day thinking about what/if I add back tomorrow. Last time around it was steel cut oats for breakfast, my hardest SB meal of the day. This time I think I will try to only add things late in the day.

It is supposed to warm up to the 20s today so I am making DH grill outside tonight:)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

cottagebythesea
01-10-2010, 08:16 AM
:coffee: Good Sunday morning!

It's 15* here and Jake just went outside for something in his robe and barefeet. :dizzy: I'm showered and dressed but I'm still huddled under a quilt on my couch!

Jenn, I hope today's the day you become an auntie and that it's a peaceful day in your household!

Sophie, we are thinking about putting in laminate wood flooring for our entire downstairs. My advice is to shop around and look for a high quality product. If you get a good one, it will look exactly like real hardwood and last a lifetime. Good luck!

We did end up going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast yesterday, and we both enjoyed our breakfasts. Ruth got me hungry for poached eggs on toast, and I ordered mine with sliced tomatoes, and it hit the spot! We are staying in for breakkie this morning, though, I and have my oats soaking in almond milk right now.

I think it'll be a serene Sunday here. We got a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle that we started making a lot of progress on yesterday, and will probably while away the afternoon working on that. I expect the kids to be here for dinner and am drawing a blank slate as to what to fix. Maybe Jake will have a good suggestion.

I'm going to make another mug of cappuccino!

CyndiM
01-10-2010, 08:38 AM
Good morning :coffee2: I'm waiting for my latte from Cottage to arrive ;) It's 2.8 here. How is that even a real temperature?! :brr:

Jenn - I know from facebook she waited until today. Congratulations! Hope all is peaceful in their world and in yours today.

Ruth - I'm a big fan of occasional hermit days. One of the reasons I like walking is the enforced solitude and thinking time. What's next for the book club?

Waisting - Sounds like you've got a good handle on this transition thing. I was one of those people who had to keep my grain servings for later in the day early on. Apples or berries are often good foods to add in the beginning if you like those. Eat them with PB or yogurt for a nice snack. Just a thought. Good luck and let us know how it's going :)

Cottage - How long do you soak your oats? I can't remember.
How about something in the crockpot for dinner so you can really relax all afternoon? Speaking of , how was that soup last night?

Another normal weekend day here. We are thinking of seeing Avatar in 3D. It's at the theater near the Trader Joe's we go to. I think that will be part of our long weekend plan though. It's just too darned cold out there today. I think we will hibernate again :) Plenty to do around here because I spent yesterday experimenting with recipes. I even have a last batch of apples to either dry or make into applesauce.

I hope there is a little rest and a little fun and plenty of warm beverages in your day :)

cottagebythesea
01-10-2010, 08:46 AM
One latte coming right up, Cyndi. :D Anyone else?

Cyndi, the soup was pretty bland and I had to add several things to it to jazz it up. I was pretty disappointed and tossed the recipe.
As for dinner, Dustin and Andrea are very picky eaters, but chili in the crockpot sounds doable. I'll run it by Jake to see if he's in the mood for it. I always soak my oats overnight for my oatmeal, then pop it in the microwave for a minute or two in the morning.

Lexxiss
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Good Morning:sunny: Happy Sunday

Hi Ruth, I don't think you sound like a hermit at all. Home time is important! I love the door sign!

Waisting, :cp: on finishing P1! Grilling sounds good-glad to hear DH is up for the task. :brr:

Cottage, Jake cracks me up! Sounds like something Kirk would do. Have fun puzzling-5000 pieces sounds very ambitious!

Hi Cyndi, your day sounds fun. Too bad you couldn't add about 60 degrees to the thermometer. I keep thinking spring spring spring.....

I'm enjoying my quiet morning. We blast off tomorrow AM so I'm getting some things done I won't want to do later. We're travelling super light because we're bringing an extra dog back for our rescue group. The kitty is sitting out this trip.
I have a hat to finish for my water aerobics instructor so I can give it to her at church. It's potluck and I just whipped up Sophie's http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/salads-phase-2/185807-asian-coleslaw.html. I made a SF lemon cake last night which I'll take, as well. I make sure I always take a dessert to potluck so I won't be tempted by all the goodies.
7 minute bike ride to the mall, all I can handle :brr: and maybe a dip in the hot springs....that should make for a day.
Have a great one everyone!

femmecreole
01-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Morning all...keeping warm???? brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I haven't left my house since getting home on Thursday and don't plan on leaving today either. Trying to decide if I want sweet potatoes enough to go to the store. I don't think I do.

Made a big pot of Chicken Florentine soup yesterday. Added some brown rice noodles to it. Hit the spot. Spent most of the day watching movie after movie while my husband played some game he is really into. nice quiet day Today is just powerpoints and laundry and nail polishing. Husband just left for work.

It's supposed to be in the teens again tonight. Going to the gym at 5 will be a chilling experience. Haven't been since Thursday and feeling like a slug.

Chelby29
01-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Happy Sunday!

Ruth, I'm with your doggies. I don't know that I could 'wizz' in sub-zero temps. :lol:

WT, 20* is grilling weather? Funny!

Cottage, My hubby slid across our icy deck with his bare feet getting firewood this week. I think that's called 'more testosterone than sense'!

Cyndi, Hibernating for one more day sounds good to me!

Debbie, Are the roads clear for a bike ride? In my imagination, you are living in frozen tundra with 10 feet tall snow drifts. :)

Me: Auston has been having a party since yesterday at noon. His Aunt and cousins picked him up and went to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. The kids loved it. My SIL said she lost IQ points having to sit through it. :D After the movie, she dropped him off with his grandparents for a spend the night party. I bet he had ice cream sandwiches and chips for dinner. Lucky guy!

Jeff and I went on a date last night. Of course, we went to Sam's Club, my favorite -- Jeff can carry the 50 pound bag of dog food. :lol: Today should be our last frigid day. Yay! By the end of the week, we will be back to seasonal normal temps -- 50s in the day, 30s at night. Perfect!

jenne1017
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Morning all. i hardly slept but my niece was born at 1:34a!!!! I am an auntie AGAIN. Just wish I coulda been there in person. Well, one more week away from NY pizza is a good thing.

:yay:

femmecreole
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Jenn! Congrats to the wonderful auntie and parents!!!!!

Chelby, I'll take Sam's over Alvin any day....lucky you!
Speaking of dog food, I now have to either go to New Orleans, Baton Rouge or Covington to get my Stitch's special dog food. It's working, but man is it expensive. At least we can all sleep at night now. The problem is keeping him out of everyone else's food and vice versa. I've started feeding him in the bathroom!

Pearlrose
01-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone,

Ruth- glad you got your hibernating day in yesterday.

WT- Grilling in 20 degrees brrrr enjoy your food though :)

Cottage- I'll take a cappucino

Debbie- I don't have the motivation to do much outside in this weather. Enjoy your bike ride

Chelby- glad you had a good time on your date last night.

Jenn- Congratulations on becoming an Auntie again.

As for me- today we are going to Church and that is about it again.

Enjoy your day

rdw1
01-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Good Sunday Morning ladies! I have been MIA this week as my computer has been down. I accidentally left the power cord in the hotel room when I stayed at work and it took a few day to make its way down to lost and found. BUT- I have been behaving myself! Its so much harder when I don't have you guys to lean on for support! :) Not a whole lot new going on here- Need to get these Christmas decorations down- a much dreaded task. I think I will be waiting on DH to get up and help me though! Other than that its just a clean house day! I had thought about getting a massage but decided I should set some goals and if they get accomplished this weekend I will get one ;0).. On a BRIGHT note I am 4lbs down this week! yeay!

sophie
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Good morning ladies,
Avatar was amazing, we don't often go to the movies, in fact, I think its been three years, but this was so special, the 3D effects are amazing.

Cottage - thanks, I think one of the important things about laminate is ti know the abrasion count and alot of them don't state it. We are leaning towards Armstrong, in a pecan colour.

Ruth - enjoy your alone time. I love it when I get a few minutes.

Cyndi - hope you get to see Avatar.

Debbie - I really enjoy this coleslaw and hope you do too.

Chelby - Sam's came into our area and lasted only a year. Costco won.

Jenn - congratulations. Its always nice to welcome a new life.

femme - enjoy your day before your week begins.

Pearlrose - hi

rikki - glad you found the computer cable and that you are staying on plan.

me - playing around with the idea to make some ww noodles also time to get all the christmas decorations down. DSs are coming over for dinner and always get baggies to take back.

take care
Sophie

Kim_Star060404
01-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Good morning, everyone. We're just sitting here all dressed up waiting for the clock to strike 10:40 so we can leave for church. We've been busy all weekend and have more going today; pick up house, laundry, put away all the Christmas decor, plan menu for week and etc. I'm also hoping to fit in some time for a blog post and to iron some shirts for the week, but we'll see if that happens. Well, I think I'll throw my apron on and get something done while we wait.

Congrats Jenne!

Chelby29
01-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Sophie, Nothing is better than leftovers from Mom's house! :)

Jenn, Congratulations!!!

Cat, If Sparkit the Great Pyrenees ever needs special food, he's going to be out of luck. He's 8-9 months old and stands nose-to-nose with my 6 year old! He's HUGE! He goes through a 50 pound bag of food every 6 weeks, and eats all the leftovers we make. Crazy!

Everyone else... Get those decorations down! :lol:

zeffryn
01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Morning all!

Yesterday was my youngest son's first birthday party. It was an off plan day, but I knew it would be. I enjoyed it and resisted the urge to make today an off plan day too. :)

Started the morning with a spinach frittata and an awesome cup of coffee.

DH starts school tomorrow :( We are spending today making sure he has everything he needs. I think at some point we are going to go looking for a new grill as well. I can't wait to have a grill again!

The bike trailer that I ordered arrived yesterday and I'm hoping that DH will put it together for me today. It is chilly, but the sun is out in full force and it should be a nice day to ride.

femmecreole
01-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Question...anybody have wii fit plus?

Since we didn't do Christmas presents this year, I decided that it would be a fun family thing to do after dinner (we eat early) instead of watching the stupid tv.

I'm in the wii stone age and have to go get the whole ball of wax. Son and his girlfriend agreed we just HAVE to have one, so they are going shopping with me later.

weezle
01-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Cat - I got Plus for Christmas but haven't tried it out yet, however my friend Marleo LOVES it. I loved the Wii Fit and am anxious to try out Plus because of the new games and features. Been doing the Gold's Gym Cardio routine (owie!!!!) and am going to do the Biggest Loser game when I get home from Key West.

CyndiM
01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
We got plus as soon as we got our Wii. That's what I use every morning and evening now for yoga, strength/stretching and light aerobics. I still do cardio and weight work separately.

zeffryn
01-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I have the plain ol' wii fit. I do like it though :)

cottagebythesea
01-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Jenn, Congratulations on your new niece!

Cat, I'm shopping around for a Wii and the Wii Fit Plus, too. So far, Walmart has the lowest price, but I'm pondering over whether I want to spend all that money on one. :eek: At least if I do splurge on it, I'll guilt myself into using it every day. :lol:

Zeff, Happy belated birthday to little Connor! This year went by so fast and I can remember when we were waiting for him to arrive. :)

:wave: everyone else! It's busy in here today!

femmecreole
01-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Me too, Cottage on the happy birthday to Connor!!!
Zeff, I swear it was just yesterday you told us he was on the way.
The year passed too quickly!!!!

Still waiting for the kids to come home so we can go shopping. I wanna play!

zeffryn
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
As I was preparing lunch, our neighbor knocked on our door and let us know that we had a pipe that was spraying water all over the place. DH looked at it and figured out that it wasn't the pipe that burst, but the coupling. A few dollars at Lowe's and it looks like we're back in business. Thankfully it is going to be warming up soon.

TwynnB
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey Zeff, good to see you again on here! I can't believe the DS2 is one already....I remember you saying you were pregnant! Guess I've been on here a while, huh?

Cottage- I enjoy having the Wii around. My DS is playing the olympics as we speak, he does some Wii fit too, then I don't feel so guilty he's been on it half the day (with remodeling and it so cold...). I've been doing the Wii fit every other day or so. I don't think I'm as enthusiastic as others about it, but I really like my runs to sweat and feel exhausted too. I am enjoying the yoga though to help me stay stronger though.

Cat - are you enjoying that new stove? It sure is a beauty!

Jenn - congratulations!!! Where is the little one at? Somewhere you can visit? Before I had my own kids, I wasn't wild about meeting infants...I didn't know what to do! (my DS was the first time I ever changed a diaper!)

Me - just squeezed in a fast run on the treadmill. Time is getting tight on the kitchen (linoleum in Wed, cab in thurs/fri), and the DH is getting nervous.

Well, the pup is looking at me, begging to go out...have a great one!

jenne1017
01-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Twynn - yes! 4 hours north in NY. We're going next week and luckily we waited as they aren't letting guests in to see the babies b/c of the swine flu (aka Hamthrax - which I already had).

Going to bed. Went to the movies, had no snacking other than a diet coke as a treat (we went out to eat before which helped) and baby shopped so I am too pooped to pop! Night!