WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/192/170

Height: 5'3

Default Movie theater snacks

What to eat @ the movies I know popcorn is good but not the one at the movies theater . Any suggestions? Thank You
Lanetika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:48 AM   #2  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

If you have a big purse, pop a mini bag of low fat popcorn at home and smuggle it in. Otherwise, pack a small granola bar or fresh fruit or whatever your favorite snack is from home - there's very little at the theater that's healthy just because of the portion sizes. Even the Twizzlers - which I thought were a healthier option - have something like 600 calories, so be careful!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #3  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

As far as i know, other then a bottle of water there is nothing that is healthy at the movies...I have had alot of clients ask me this very question, and threw the research i have found....bring your own. Pop your own 100 cal bag of popcorn, or even find a 100 cal choclate bar for a treat...almonds...fruit, veggies, low calorie hard candy, ganola bars ect..

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Do you need to eat anything at a movie theatre? I know, I didn't grow up in North America so the popcorn and soda combo while watching a movie is not engrained in me so deeply as in others. But I make a habit of go to the movies after I had dinner (or another meal) and I don't feel the need to snack.
At Christmas, when I was in the US, we went to see a movie after picking up a few things at Walmart and I was mentally smacking myself senseless for having not purchased some bottled water at Walmart. When we got to the movie theatre I was suddenly thirsty and I got extremely annoyed when they charged me $4.50 for a bottle of plain Asani water (x2, a bottle for each of us). Bloody murder! As a rule, I don't buy anything at a movie theatre so I didn't even know how expensive things got there.

If you MUST snack, why don't you make some trail mix at home (better home-made than the pre-fab purchased one) or bring some almonds or other nuts.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Gosh, I haven't been to the theater much in the last 5-10 years.

My first choice would be carrots and hummus or celery and peanut butter, but I'd feel too noisy!

Maybe some raw, whole almonds. I find a handful pretty filling, and if they're not roasted and salted, I don't find whole container tempting.

Also a bottle of water to keep me occupied. I'd probably go for a lemon seltzer to feel like a treat.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/192/170

Height: 5'3

Thank You all for the great ideas . Well I end up going to the movies with a small apple slice and bag and a bottle of water .
Lanetika is offline   Reply With Quote