General Diet Plans and Questions - Dr Ian Smith-4 Day Diet

View Full Version : Dr Ian Smith-4 Day Diet

Red Diablo
01-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Is anyone here on this? Its a little different than the Fat Smash Diet, which a lot of people on this forum are on. Today is my 4th day on this and the end of the 1st phase. I wanted to wait until tomorrow morning to weigh myself, but I got anxious this morning. Mostly because I feel like I've been eating so much food that I was almost convinced that I didn't even lose any weight! Well this morning I couldn't hold out anymore and I got on the dreaded scale. I was down 4.8 lbs! Woohoo! I still have today in this phase and I plan on taking this kick-a** kickboxing class at the gym tonight so hopefully I can lose at least .2 by tomorrow morning to make it an even 5 lbs in 4 days!

But I have some questions about this diet going forward. So if anyone has been on it, please speak up :)

calmommy3
02-04-2010, 12:56 AM
I just finished day 12 and I've lost 6 pounds. I'm always a little hungry but it's my fault because I don't eat all the food (laziness and just plain desire for other foods). I'm curious to know how you are doing. I have about 15 more pounds to lose and I'm getting a little desperate. I must say that this diet has been pretty easy to do and the ingredients are simple to put together. I think I've lost more weight, more quickly on this particular diet and believe me I've tried a few. Good luck!!!

Red Diablo
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Woohoo! Good for you! I follow this, but also added my own twist. It works for me, so far I've lost 13.8 lbs and I just finished the 5th week. I've been consistently losing over 2 lbs a week. I do 4 days, then on the 5th day (Friday) I eat like a combo of the stuff that I've eaten over the past 4 days, then on sat and sun I eat what I want, but just watch and make smarter choices. I don't really lose over the weekend, except for maybe a few ounces here and there, but I'm not gaining..so thats good for me! I would never stick with it if I did the phases consecutively. I know I wouldn't be able to eat the specific foods on the weekends. So, maybe I would have lost 5 more lbs than I have already, but I also may have stuck with it this long. I think dieting is about finding what works for you. This way works for me, even if it is slower than the diet plan was designed for. I also go to the gym a lot, so I know that helps me.

15 more lbs to go is awesome! I have 16 more for my first goal, so I'm right behind ya! Then I want to lose another 20 past that, but I'm not even thinking about that right now. For now, its 16 more to go and then I'll see how I feel :)
I do love this diet. Once I'm done, I'll go back to weight watcher for maintenance, since I was maintaining on WW for the past 2 years when I was trying to lose lol I think my body needed a jolt of something different!
Keep me updated on this, no one else here seems to be on this diet :(

calmommy3
02-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Wow, you are doing really well!!! I continue with the same loss of 6lbs. I'm not disappointed because for 14 days I consider that pretty good. You on the other hand seem to be having more success, so awesome. My exercising habits are not as good as yours. I'm getting only 3 (maybe 4) workouts into my week. I really have no good excuse for it. It is what it is!!!

I'm definitely going to finish the seven modules. Hopefully, I will lose at least another 2-4lbs. I will probably start all over again depending on my results. I'm hoping that more weight loss will motivate me to exercise more (wishful thinking).

So have you done all the modules? I'm scared to start the smooth module (I saved it for tomorrow so I could eat pizza at a Super Bowl party). Feel as though I will overindulge. Thanks for sharing with me. I can't seem to find anywhere else to get information.

Wishing you continued success!!!!

Red Diablo
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
6 lbs is great! Think of it this way, you could have not followed any plan and been 6 llbs heavier. The days are gonna pass whether you are dieting or not, so if the day passes, might as well be 1 lbs lighter!
Today I'm starting the 4th stage-I don't have the book on my right now, but I think its the Smooth Module. I know how you feel with thinking that this one may slow down your weight loss! For me, I'm probably going to modify the foods a bit. For example, today it says to eat 2 pieces of pizza. I'm actually going to eat a Lean Cuisine pizza. Its still delicious but yet as much fat and cals as regular pizza. Plus, I'm not gonna order a whole pie for 2 slices :-p
There are some other low fat choices you can make to take the place of the foods on this weeks list that seem a little indulgent. Like I mentioned, I cheat on the weekends, so I try to really strict during the week when its a lot easier for me. So I really don't need to eat a burger and fries when I would have that on sat if I wanted to lol Instead, I'd rather have a veggie burger with maybe some sauted red onion and portabella mushroom on top with a nice salad.
There's also a day that says to eat chili. Sometimes (even during phase 1) I'll just mix rice, red kidney beans, and a little bit of hot sauce (hardly any cals and no fat) with that packaged chilli powder. Tastes like chili to me! And the spicy makes it very filling! I try to add chili powder or hot sauce to a lot of things because of the filling factor.

I hope some of my little tips helped! Like I said, I add my own little twists to this to make it livable for me :)

jenne1017
02-11-2010, 12:43 AM
I am on South Beach but saw Celebrity Fit Club (DVR) tonight and saw the new diet. I'd be interested in both your progress :) Sounds like a neat and doable concept (I love my SB though!).

Winnie
02-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Today is Day 4 of the first module (detox) for me. It is easy to prepare the food and inexpensive. I'm used to much more protein.

I was really hungry both afternoons the second day and third. I saved some of the more substantial foods for supper and that cured it. Rice, lentils, cabbage soup. There were just two or three hours there that my mind kept going back to food. I had a piece of fruit and a salad, but that just doesn't stop hunger very well for me. The "4-Day" part keeps me honest. I can do 4 days! Also, I look ahead at the next module and see some meat in my future! Yea!!

I was really exhausted all day yesterday. Didn't workout at all. This morning I feel much more energetic. I think I'll be up for some cardio. Oh, and I'm also having 3 cups of coffee every morning. I don't find any good reason not to. I will weigh this afternoon, but feel like I've lost some. I don't look as puffy in the middle.

It is hard to find any other information from people who have done it. I'll try to keep updating. Thanks to everyone else who is posting their experience!

ohmai
02-11-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm on SB too, but this looks really interesting. I'm not finding much information on the diet though. Can any one give an idea of what the foods are like?

Red Diablo
02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The first phase is a detox phase. So its mostly fruits (2-3 servings a day, except on day 4 when its unlimited) veggies, lots of salad, lots of beans, and brown rice. I'm actually a really big fan of this phase and I feel great when the week is over. That's why I actually go back to this phase every other week.

The other phases start to incorporate more foods in. Phase 2 allows you to eat 4 oz of chicken or fish daily, as well as 2 100-150 calorie snacks throughout the day. Phase 3 allows some turkey sandwichs, more eggs, and veggie or turkey burgers. In Phase 4 you can start to eat even more foods (pizza on day 1, hamburger and fries on another day) Once you get to phase 4 and 5, its all about portion control and having you fill up on good foods (beans, veggies, salad, fruit, etc) so that your not terribly hungry for the "bad" foods you are allowed to eat. Since I do the detox phase in between each phase, I've only gotten to phase 3. I should have started phase 4 this week, but I was really bad last weekend (ate horribly and no gym at all!) and then Monday I was sick so I ate soup and oatmeal all day (those are my comfort sick foods). I didn't want to backtrack on my 13+ lbs lost, so I did another week of detox.
I think what they do the show is Fat Smash--same doctor, similar diet. I really like the 4 day diet. I did weight watchers and lost 53 lbs, but then I think my body got into a groove and I wound up only maintaining for almost a year. Which is good, I didn't gain, but I also wasn't losing. I wanted to try this to give my body a jolt. So far, so good!

Winnie
02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I was down 4 lbs. yesterday afternoon. Today, I should start the Transition Phase. I'm considering modifying it. For one, I just bought some low-fat yogurt and this morning realize there is none in this phase. Also, I don't like fruit alone for breakfast. I like plain oatmeal with a little banana.

Awh, it looks like that is too much variation. :( I guess I'll stick with Dr. Ian's plan. I hope I can get myself to get through this four days. Overall, it seems like the Fat Smash diet is much less restrictive. I may switch to that if I cant make it on this.

WebMD has a good description of the 4-Day diet. It includes the Day One menu choices.

I just looked and find I could slip the yogurt in under the "snack" list! It's the little things that make it doable!!

Red Diablo
02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I always make little changes where I need to. I think this is basically a calorie watching diet, and not a chemical diet (chemical diet=having to eat a certain combo of foods to make weight loss happen) So, the way I see it, if the substitutions you are making are of equal, or as close to equal, calories to what you are substituting, you'll be fine. I also don't like to just have fruit for breakfast, so no matter what phase I'm in, I pretty much always have either egg white (thats on the weekend) or yogurt with fruit for breakfast.
I've still been successful on this diet, even with the substitutions I've made. You've gotta do what you gotta do to stick to it. So if you have to make some changes in order for it to be livable for you, then so be it! At least it will keep you sticking to it...and its better than the alternative of NOT doing anything :)

Your doing great!! Good luck with this phase! I start phase 4 on Monday.

Winnie
02-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Red! Your success so far is inspiring. I appreciate you sharing your tips.

I just had a yogurt and feel really well. It does seem like eating well is 80% mental. I am really looking forward to a little chicken breast this evening.

Red Diablo
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Aww, thank you! That was very sweet and I'm glad I can help!

I was actually very bad this past week--I haven't gone to the gym since last Tues (due to being very busy last week, then sick, then crazy snow storm here!) And I didn't really follow and phase too well. So, this morning I weighed in an gained 1.6 lbs. But, this is the ups and downs of weight loss. Sometimes life gets in the way, but you just gotta get right back on that horse! I'm going to the gym tomorrow and then picking myself right back up again. This week I plan on losing at least 2 lbs--the 1.6 I gained and then some!

calmommy3
02-13-2010, 02:09 AM
I'm still @ a 6lb loss but surprisingly, I'm still happy. I've done SB but never lost 6lbs in the first phase. I like the this food plan because its doable. In defense of the diet, I haven't done much exercising and I've cheated a couple days. And when I say "cheated", I really really really cheated.
I finally started a zumba class and hoping that kick starts my loss. Good luck to everyone. I'm happy to see some movement on this page.

Winnie
02-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi Calmommy3! I haven't been too regimented with the exercise either. My cardio is cycling, paddling, or NordicTrack. Unfortunately, we are having remarkably cold weather for Florida and I can't get myself to paddle or cycle. Then, our drywallers started working the third day of Phase 1 so I had to put my NordicTrack in storage. We're living on site in a construction trailer while building our house. Anyhow, I have been doing work related to house building that I'm kinda switching out for the regular cardio.

Yesterday, we went to a Mardi Gras Parade. I did really well - drank seltzer water while everyone else had alcohol. We all chased lots of beads and moon pies. That's exercise, right? But then, we went to a Chinese Buffet! I restrained myself, but am sure I ate at least 500 calories and little of it Dr. Ian approved.

So, today I will strive to maintain Module 2 more strictly. I'm still having 3 cups of coffee daily. But, I feel well and pretty energetic. I'm not hungry anymore in the afternoons. Also, I noticed at the buffet, I wasn't tempted by as much and was feeling full early. I think that just that first module kicked in my "healthy eating" system again. I'm not craving chips or croissants. Usually, I'm a 'fat and carboholic.'

I never did South Beach, but was on The Zone before. I had great luck with that and pretty much followed it's basics until last year when we moved out here to build our house. That's when the fast-food and lack of exercise really started adding up. I think The Zone is similar to South Beach. Low fat, lots of simple carbs and protein at every meal/snack.

Winnie
02-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Alright, I made it through the transition module with an easy finish! I had to go to my old house yesterday to do some work, so I took all my food with me. I didn't even eat it all. I was never hungry and had energy the entire day.

I think I am over "the hump." For me, whenever I get in a rut of eating unhealthy foods and too much, it makes me tired and causes cravings for more bad foods. When I eat "clean" for a while, I gain energy and start only really craving clean foods. My salad with chicken on it was soo good yesterday. If only that change where immediate. It always takes some period of time to get back to healthy habits and it seems a little more of a struggle each time.

How are you doing Red? I don't know if I will start the third module or skip to a different one today. I can't wait to find out what I weigh now. I sure feel well, so I guess it really doesn't matter what the scale says. I'm just curious.

Wishing everyone good health! - W

Taurie
02-16-2010, 02:33 PM
I've been on it for a couple days now and I've never felt hungry despite the low calories.

Tomorrow I'll be making the cabbage soup, but I don't want to use ham hock. Does anyone have any recommendations? Would smoked turkey wing be a good substitute?

Winnie
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I used the end of a spiral cut ham I had in mine. I trimmed it and cut it into little chunks. I think anything you like the flavor of would be good - smoked even better. I only made half a recipe and still have a little more in the fridge. That's after eating it one extra day as a snack and my bf having it twice. It makes a bunch! Now you've been warned :D Mine turned out great though. Really hardy and tasty.

Red Diablo
02-17-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm glad to see more people responding on this thread! I was starting to worry it was just me out there in the 4 day diet world :-p

I'm on day 3 of phase 4. So far, so good. I like this phase, good food choices. Last night for dinner I had a veggie burger on a weight watchers wheat bun (those things are soooo good!) and I made a little grilled veggie medley of zucchini, squash, and asparagus. I've been a serious grilled veggie kick. Especially the 3 I just mentioned. Just spray the grill pan with some non-stick spray, then add a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder and good to go! You don't need any butter or anything. Plus, those veggies are pretty bulky, so it fills you up and makes you feel like you ate this huge meal, when all you ate were a bunch of veggies!

I like the cabbage soup actually, and I didn't think I would. I love the carrots in it, so I actually add more carrots and a little less potato. I also never added the ham hock or anything of the sort. I'm sure its probably better with it, but I couldn't be bothered lol I like to add a bunch of spices to it that aren't in the recipe. I add a little cayene pepper (I love spice!) and dill (my favorite spice!) as well as garlic and onion powder. But I do suggest making 1/2 the recipe because it does make a lot!!

I'm hoping to lose at least 1.8 lbs this week--that will bring me to 15 lbs lost on this diet in 5 weeks! woohoo!!

wwnewbie
02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Hello. I just finished the 4 day diet book and I am confused on one aspect.

In what module are the 60 recipes in the back supposed to be used in? All of them look unsuitable for the 1st phase (except for the cabbage soup)..but I was wondering if you can eat any of those recipes on all of the other phases. If someone could break this down for me I would really appreciate it! Way to go to everyone following this program!

Taurie
02-17-2010, 06:14 PM
I ended up using smoked pancetta instead of smoked turkey wing like I planned... store didn't have either ham hocks or turkey wings. It was delish! I'm looking forward to it for dinner tomorrow and I'll freeze the rest for the next time I need it.

wwnewbie - I noticed that too. I'm interested in the answer to your question.

Red Diablo
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I think those recipes are meant more for the maintenance. Just as a few helpful low fat, low cal yummy recipes.

Red Diablo
03-02-2010, 03:23 PM
How's everyone doing? I haven't checked in for a while. I'm doing Phase 5 this week, so far so good. I had a few set backs--3 weeks ago because of weather and snow I couldn't make it to the gym and didn't eat so great as my lazy butt was lying around the house, so I wound up gaining. Then the next week, even though I followed the plan, I STILL gained .2 lbs! I know that happens sometimes even if you do everything right. But still, a bit angering. I didn't let it stop me though, and at the end of last week I lost 3.2 lbs! So I guess it kind of evened itself out. So far, since starting the 4 day diet on 1/18, I've lost 14 lbs! I'll take that! Haha I'm hoping for at least 1 lb this week so that I can reach the 15 lbs mark :)

Taurie
03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Red Diablo - 14 lbs!! :carrot::carrot:

All I can say is that I love this diet. Tomorrow I start Phase 5 (the push module). I've lost 3 lbs so far. Which means I broke through a plateau!! :carrot: I couldn't be happier.

I've had two days where my calories were over 2,000 and half of it was from alcohol, bad Taurie! And, unfortunately I hurt my feet and had a nasty cold which kept me from the gym, so I've only gone 4-5x in the last couple weeks. My cold is gone, but I still have nerve pain in my heels... so tomorrow I'll either do spinning or swimming.

Nieceyeffbaby
03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
HEEEYYY! I just joined 3fc today, and I'm glad to find this group! I just started the 4 day diet yesterday, and I'm so happy to find some others who are also on it. This induction phase has been hard for me after 8 pm when I feel like I'm starving. I binged last night at 9 on 4 Little Caesar's breadsticks (I could have eaten all 8 :o) I said that I'll only eat one, and one become two and yadda yadda yadda you know the rest. For breakfast, I had a low fat yogurt and a cup of coffee with splenda and cream. For snack, I had an apple, banana, and 10 ounces of freshed squeezed lemonade with splenda. I had a tablespoon of psyllium husk but I haven't seen the results of that yet (I only have a bowel movement 2 or 3 times a month). My lunch was a salad with 3 tablespoons of light balsamic dressing, but unfortunatly I got the wrong salad (herb lettuced too spicy:() so I didn't eat it. So when dinner came I made brown rice and lentils, but because I just didn't want that I didn't eat it. I had a cup of berries and a jello (not on the list) with some fat free cool whip. Well, when it came down to working out, I skipped it. I was tired and hungry. By 9 I was starving so I slipped:?: I know my weaknesses now and today has been a lot better. I am keeping a daily video on how my day went, what I ate, and how I'm feeling. I am about to go to the gym now, and I am feeling energized. I really liked how Red tweeked this diet to make it work for her. GREAT JOB! Now I only hope to get a rhythm going. I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments so please keep me posted! I will continue to do the same. Thanks for reading!

:carrot:

Nieceyeffbaby
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
How everybody doin?! I started the induction on Monday, and today I woke up like a kid on Christmas to see how much I weighed. :goodscale I was shocked to see I was down close to 5 pounds!!!! :encore: OMG, I was really surprised seeing how I messed up almost everyday with breadsticks! lol. Hey, can I girl have something ppl geeezz. I have obstained from fried foods, pops, candies, basically everything that I love to eat. I normally eat pizza/pasta/fries or something almost everyday so this was really a challenge. I usually have 2 pops a day as well. I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 40 minutes which is pretty good. :woops: Today is the first day of transition I believe, and I am super psyched about getting two snacks AND a diet pop. YAY! I hope that I can keep this going. :crossed: I hope that everyone is doing well, and I hope to hear from you guys soon. :goodluck:

:broc:

Red Diablo
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
That's awesome!!! :carrot:
The weigh in after that first week is def a good motivator--I know it was for me too! Because you think, "hey, this wasn't really torture. And I still lost weight!" Great job! I hope you continue on with success and to keep your chin up!

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the trials and tribulations of a weight loss journey, but I do want to tell you not to expect that large of a weight loss every week. Some weeks you may lose less than a lb, and some weeks you may gain. This week, for example, I actually gained 1.6. I don't know how. I did everything right, I went to the gym 4 times this week or an hour+ each time. Maybe I'm retaining water, maybe I gained some muscle. Who knows? I know it sucks though! But i also know that means next week I'm just gonna try even harder! I like to use both a loss and a gain as motivation! I'll show you, Mr. Scale!! lol

Nieceyeffbaby
03-05-2010, 12:16 PM
:thanks:, Red. You have really given me some good advice to go on. I like that you said that I shouldn't expect those large numbers every week. I'm the type that would get discouraged if next week I lost 2 pounds, but I won't now. Every pound counts! Just try harder next week. You have a great attitude, and I hope you continue to have success as well! :carrot:
:dust:

Red Diablo
03-05-2010, 01:14 PM
If you lost 2 lbs next week, that would be awesome too! If you lost 1 lb, or if you lost .1 lbs, all would be equally as awesome. No matter how small or big the loss, think of it this way: you are making much better choices then you were before. And we all know how easy it is to make bad choices. So at the end of the week, you could weigh .1 lbs less, or you can give up and easily weight 3 lbs more :)
Weight loss should be more of a marathon rather than a fast sprint. The slower you lose it, the better your chances are of keeping it off because it means that instead of starving yourself on a "fad" diet, you making better decisions that you will always use and will just naturally become part of your everyday life.

SpencerTwins2007
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone. Mind if I join? I just started today!!! I have been following everything to the T today and even did 40 min of cardio at the gym. I do have a couple questions. Can you sub anything during phase 1 and does anyone drink the powder of the fiber or did you eat a fiber enriched cereal?

Nieceyeffbaby
03-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Welcome, SpencerTwins! Sounds like you are on a good start. As for me, I got a big fat F- for the last 3 days. :nono:I messed up on the Induction everyday by eating breadsticks, but for the Transition, I just straight up binged! :eek:I had 3 White Castle hamburgers and fries one day and it tasted better than a Thanksgiving dinner. So the next day, I had some more garbage that I can't even remember, and then finally yesterday pizza AND breadsticks AND a scoop of ice cream! OMG. I am so ashamed and so disappointed in myself that I seriously wanna quit. I have been working out (20 minutes to an hour) everyday, and I have still maintained my weight (so far:crossed:); but, I just feel horrible about it all. It was only a week before I felt like I hadn't ate in months. I want this to be lifestyle change, not just a diet. But I feel discouraged when I look in the mirror, and I see no change but I'm working so hard. I think I'm going to have to modify the diet like Red in order to keep from starving for days and then binging for days. Breakfast and lunch I do ok, but when dinner rolls around I feel deprived and starved. Any advice? :?:

SusanB2010
03-29-2010, 11:01 PM
i purchased the 4 day diet book... I began reading the first part and initially thought I don't want to do all this stuff... I want to jump in and do the diet.. after I thought about it.. i think that is why I fail in other weight loss attempts, so I am taking the time to put down the ground work.. i also want to discuss it with my physician the beginning of next month.. I really need to focus on my motivation etc. I have a question for those of you who have already started the process and have had some success right away... How do you make the lemonade? Is there a recipe? I looked through the recipes and read the initial phase and didn't see it. I want to get everything I need in place when I do start.... in about 10 days or so.. Thanks... It is nice to see others doing the diet and having successs. Thank you for your blogs.. It is great motivation for a newbee:-)

Red Diablo
03-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Welcome aboard!! I've been doing this diet--with my own tweaks-- going on 12 weeks and so far I've lost 17 lbs. I'm a huge fan of this diet! I've also recruited 3 of my friends to do it with me, all doing great with losses ranging from 5-12 lbs. If you get your head in the game, and really incorporate and stick to an exercise plan, I know you'll be successful!

The lemonade was one of my "tweaks". I'm not really a fan of lemonade, so I left it out. I also never experimented with the psysillium husk. The pill was too expensive. I take a multi everyday and also a Fiber 1 chewy tablet every morning. So I think that probably is a good substitute for that.

NewMe2009
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this diet but not new to 3FC. I did another diet last year with lots of success but with also alot of money and very restrictive. I lost a total of 33 lbs in 5 months but as soon as I started maintenance I struggled....big time and I ended up gaining back 20 lbs in a short 9 months. I have been looking for a plan that I can do more easily that is not so restrictive and I think I found it!!

I have been on the 4 day diet since Tuesday, so far so good. I have lost 3.2 lbs in a short 2 days, I weighed this morning cause I just couldnt wait another day :D.

I have been following the program except I didnt make the cabbage soup, I just had beans and rice again, lol. I also have not been eating all the veggies but I have been getting all the fruit in. The only exercise I have been doing is walking on my treadmill. I have a personal trainer....lol, my treadmill has a Jillian Michaels Ifit card and I have been doing that which is 30 minutes of cardio and I have been adding an extra 10 to 15 minutes of incline 3 at 3 mph. I am going to add hand weights today to the 15 extra minutes. I made the lemonade, someone asked how to make it because there was no recipe. I just used my little hand juicer that I bought at target for $2.99 and squeezed a whole lemon and added 8 oz of water to it with one tsp of splenda and I added one tablespoon of psyllium husk to it. I found the pysllium husk at my local health food store for $7, its a huge canister and its in powder form. It did not taste bad.

I only want to lose 22 lbs total so I have 19 lbs to go. According to the BMI chart I will still be overweight but I dont want to get under 165. I am comfortable there so I want to stay where I am comfortable and I can manage for maintenance. Last year I wanted to be 155 so bad that I got discouraged when I couldnt get there and I dont want a repeat performance of the last 9 months!

I hope everyone is doing great out there and are sticking with the program. Please update your progress and I will keep you updated on mine! Good luck!!

shestrying
04-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I am 2 weeks and 3 days, and down 5.5 lbs. Now this might not sound like much at all compared to the #s most people pull on this diet, but I am hypothyroid and it was starting to feel like I'd never lose weight. I have found this so easy to follow (I'm a fan for having things really spelled out!).

I'm 10 lbs down (was doing something else before 4day) and 10 to go. It feels attainable on this. I eat more veg & fruit than I ever have!!

SusanB2010
04-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Thank you, Red Diablo and Newme.. I have a hand juicer... a full lemon and 8oz of water plus Splenda sounds great.. I will try that.. I do plan on doing EA Sports Active for my exercise.. it has a nice combo of weight lifting and cardio. I am excited to begin.. I am tired of the extra weight... I want to do this for me!! Keep posting your results.. i already feel like this is a very supportive group!! I will post mine too.

shestrying
04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
OOH! I got the EA Sports Active for my bday end of last year. I need to try and get DH off the couch to use it again, we were on a real streak and then stopped. It really is fun. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the running sprints (my knees are weak) but we still had fun competing against each other. We bought a 2nd set of the accessories so we could do challenges.

I think I'll try and get him back on board. :D

NewMe2009
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi All!

I hope everyone had a fun holiday weekend with friends and family. I had a great weekend but failed miserably on my diet :(. But I started Monday off the right way, I didn't weigh in on Monday cuz I ate badly on Saturday and Sunday but I did weigh this morning and still doing well. I have lost a total of 4 lbs since last Tuesday.

I do have a couple of questions for you seasoned 4 day dieters. Ok so I did the whole 4 day induction and I was suppose to start transition on Saturday, I didnt do so well even though I had good intentions. So I didnt diet at all on Saturday and Sunday. Is it ok to start transition on Monday or do I have to go back on Induction? I did go ahead and start transition on Monday minus a few items. I didnt have a diet soda or the beans but I did have chicken breast and veggies with fruits plus my snacks. Also, what do you have for breakfast on transition? I have had my 2 cups of coffee yesterday and today but dont know what else to have for breakfast except for fruit, had an apple yesterday and a pear today. Do you have your chicken for dinner or lunch? I was so hungry yesterday that I had mine for lunch at 1:30 and only had a salad for dinner, I woke up so hungry this morning....lol! I dont like this phase and ready to move on...

Have a great day!

shestrying
04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
My opinion is to move forward with transition. You are probably going to have times throughout this 4day plan that you do slip up - but I've just forged ahead after times like these. I don't plan on stopping until I'm at goal anyway, so I figure it just means it'll take me a little longer if I have some cheats here & there. Others opinions my vary!

I don't have my lists here with me at work, so I don't remember what exactly was in transition - but I do remember wondering what the heck is for breakfast on a couple of the modules. I just switched things all around. When you get to the days where you get 2 snacks, there are many breakfast-ee things on those snack lists. I used a snack as breakkie a couple times.

Razz44
04-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I just started this diet last week. Unfortunately I already managed to slip up twice during the first phase. But hopefully third time is the charm

jenne1017
09-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks for this thread. Is anyone still out there using the 4 day plan? I know it's not a long term plan/maintenance but more short term but I'd like to hear from you all!

Sheinthespirit
09-21-2010, 02:51 PM
I am back on regular Fat Smash, not 4 day. FS worked really well for me last time, so I am trying again.

I do hope this time to incorporate some of the techniques into my life permanently. We'll see.

I wonder if there are others who are still FSing?

jenne1017
09-29-2010, 04:19 PM
I think there are a few threads for fat smash...just do a search :)

I am on the 3rd phase now and doing them in order of the book - On protein now. I like the combination of foods on this one. My stomach isn't acting up and it incorporates South Beach in ways too.

So far, after 8 days, I've lost 10 pounds!

omalichand
10-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi all
I just started the 4 day diet today and did well until a few minutes ago after an intense 1 hour workout, I just went straight to the fridge and popped some pastries into mu mouth. Do I have to prolong the first phase because of the cheat or just keep going on?

jenne1017
10-18-2010, 10:52 AM
I'd start all over. Why not?

We got to the protein phase then, yesterday was my birthday so it's back to the first phase me thinks!

DarneyBalarney
01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
hello everybody, I'm so glad I found this group! I have been searching the internet trying to find others on this plan, the doctor has his own site, but there does not seem to be a message board there, I thought that was odd. I have the book and will start tomorrow (Saturday) I am really good on weekends so I thought a day at home to really wrap my mind around this would be great.

I see the last post was in 2010, I hope you guys come back or someone is able to give me an idea of where this plan is supported.

thanks!

Cheree
01-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I have 2 other Dr. Smith's books and I'm thinking of getting this one and giving it a shot! Thanks for pulling this thread up, maybe some others will consider going on it as well and posting. Good luck! :carrot:

ja2ma6lee
02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello,

Is anyone currently doing the 4-day diet? I just started it again yesterday. So I'm a day and a half in. Just looking for others using this plan. I did the 4 day Induction and the 4 day Transition (very losely) back in Nov and probably lost about 4lbs that I've keep off. I want to jump start my weight lose again and know that Dr. Ian Smith's diets have worked for me before. I tend to lose what I want in the beginning and not stick with it. Hopefully, it will be different this time around.

My gf is doing the Extreme and seeing awesome results. I know it will be key for me to workout along with the eating right. I'm never capable of managing to do both at the same time.