100 lb. Club - I haven't posted one of these in a while...

DCHound
01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
No, not a pic, DC don't post those in public. A surreal NSV! And I had **2** today!!

First, I gets up to get dressed for work. I had bought a couple of tshirts over Christmas, one an L and one a M. I'm like, well, I may never fit into it, but what the hey, I'll try. I suspect the last time I could wear a medium tshirt in public, I was probably less than 10 years old. Well.

I go to get dressed and pull a shirt out of the drawer to go under my sweatshirt (we have to dress sloppy at work, it's messy). And size M shirt falls out on my shoes. So I'm like, hmm, can't hurt to try it on and see just how egregiously huge I look in it. Well.

That sucker FIT! A medium tshirt! Fit!! It wasn't loose, but it wasn't obscene. It. Just. Fit. So I weared it!!!

That's #1. #2 is, Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale. Now, the last time I bought something from VS that wasn't bath stuff was probably, I'm going to say, 1992 maybe. Nothing since. So, after I left work I'm like, hmm, I gots a little extra $$ from Santa, let me go check this out. This of course is after I had a long phone conversation with my BFF who told me, DC, don't be afraid to shop at VS because you are now an AVERAGE size. You can shop there! Stuff will fit!

So I go in and start easing my way around, looking at stuff. Then I noticed, um, there were quite a few ladies in there that I actually think were larger than me. Not one or two, like half a dozen or more (it was really crowded). So a saleslady comes up to me, all nice, and friendly, and instead of running me out, wanted to help me shop. So I'm all like, I wear a 36DD bra and size 14 jeans, what size would that correspond to in here? And she says, a large. So I asked, not an extra-large? And she says, no, you would be a large.

Wow. So I was not even the largest size at Victoria's Secret?! Really?!?! Unbelievable. I mean, I am still well over 200 lbs.

So I'm all looking at stuff, and of course, in the really cute stuff, they only had XS, S and XL left...all the mediums and larges were gone. I guess that means most of the women who shop there are mediums and larges? Perhaps that makes those average sizes?? That's totally insane.

So I dropped $150 on 2 very cute bras, 2 very cute pair of underwear to match and 1 very nice nightie. And a lip gloss, because, why not.

Just to reiterate: 16 1/2 months ago, I weighed 370 lbs and wore a size 32, 2 sizes too large for Lane Bryant. (For the newbies, I didn't have surgery, I do almost no carb.)

My dancing carrots: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

CLCSC145
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Throw in some broccoli from me! :broc::broc::broc::broc::broc:

That's fantastic! You have made wonderful progress!

lottie63
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
congrats! :D

gumboot
01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Good for you sista! Those are awsome non scale victories!
:hug:

ubergirl
01-07-2010, 12:03 AM
That is just amazing!! Amazing!! And Wow! (and you are making me tempted to try doing almost no carb...)

DCHound
01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
The thing about cutting the carbs is, if you think you can't sustain some degree of it forever, don't do it. I will never be able to eat what the average person would consider a 'normal' amount of carbs, or 'normal/typical' percentage of carbs in my diet. I don't think most people are really willing to do that for a lifetime. If what you're doing is working for you, stick with it. Because if you cut carbs to lose weight then add them back in willy-nilly afterwards, you will end up weighing 370 lbs. For example, DCHound circa 2003. :/

ubergirl
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
The thing about cutting the carbs is, if you think you can't sustain some degree of it forever, don't do it. I will never be able to eat what the average person would consider a 'normal' amount of carbs, or 'normal/typical' percentage of carbs in my diet. I don't think most people are really willing to do that for a lifetime. If what you're doing is working for you, stick with it. Because if you cut carbs to lose weight then add them back in willy-nilly afterwards, you will end up weighing 370 lbs. For example, DCHound circa 2003. :/

I don't think I could sustain it long term! But I DO love your results. We're the same height, but I can't imagine that I'm within 20lbs of a medium!

YOU ROCK!

cfmama
01-07-2010, 12:31 AM
DC you freaking rock!!!! I am SO GLAD that you have found what works for you. And I TOTALLY FEEL YOU on the VS thing! I went in there for the first time... ummm... ever last weekend ;) And bought new bra's (38DD) and undies... (XL) STOKED.

I just LOVE your nsv... just love them :)

DCHound
01-07-2010, 12:36 AM
They are pretty cool to experience firsthand, too. :)

medinazarley
01-07-2010, 12:37 AM
That's awesome!! It makes me think that maybe (just maybe) I'll be able to get something sexy for my 1st anniversary mid-april!! If all goes as planned, which lets be honest it rarely does, I'll be thinner than I was on my wedding night!!

You're awesome!!

srr728
01-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Fab! i will have to say girls like you really gave me faith that I CAN do this. enjoy every minute! And the others that that are regulars!

duckyyellowfeet
01-07-2010, 01:00 AM
I'm so impressed! What a postive day :)
Thanks for sharing and major, massive, huge congrats!

nelie
01-07-2010, 01:14 AM
I love VS stuff. I started wearing size XL VS undies when I was 290. I now wear L and was pretty happy when I realized my XL undies were baggy and needed to go down a size.

kuhrisuh
01-07-2010, 01:56 AM
congratulations! i bet that felt so great!

carrot for you: :carrot:

girlonfire
01-07-2010, 02:20 AM
I LOVE VS. yes I know it's a little expensive and overrated, but the lingerie is just super cute and the bras make me feel sexy and attractive ;). now to have the confidence for the lingerie....

girlonfire
01-07-2010, 02:23 AM
oops i totally accidentally deleted the part of my post that said CONGRATS, that is an awesome NSV

Elladorine
01-07-2010, 02:35 AM
That's not only awesome for you but very inspiring to us! :D

PeanutsMom704
01-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Congrats on two awesome NSVs - woohoo!!!!!!

AbbySinthe
01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
:bravo: You are such a huge inspiration and I continue to be amazed by you! You totally rock!!!

Violet73
01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
DC congrats! You have come a long way! I just started low-carb (almost no carb) diet this week. I did this a few years ago and lost a lot of weight and felt great and then was stupid and went back to my old ways. So, here I am again .. I just started it Monday and I'm already in ketosis! yayyyy! Can't wait to see the changes up ahead!

Judy Lynn
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
DC, that is so awesome! Doing the veggie dance with you! :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc:

TJFitnessDiva
01-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Those are such awesome NSVs girlie!!! :cheer2:

time2lose
01-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Wonderful NSV! I don't have the courage to try VS yet.

Eliana
01-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Wahoo! Those are great NSV's (and fun to read too).

DivineFidelity
01-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Thats totally awesome! I bet it felt amazing!...

I can't even IMAGINE wearing a M top...Right now half the time I'm still wearing XXL (and swimming in them) because I don't have money to buy clothes that fit atm...but I think I should be an XL in some, and a L in some...I don't even remember the last time I wore a M top (excluding mens shirts of course)...it was probably like...elementary school. I know I was in an XL in 7th grade...

I'm SO jealous about VS...I can't shop there...I mean, I could find the right band size, but I'm definitely a 36F, and they don't carry cup sizes that high..so I have to find other places to get bras. It definitely sucks, but ehh...

I could never do the low carb thing. I think I might die. Way to go for you sticking to it like this. You're doing so amazing!

DCHound
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
So there's this thing going around on facebook today about posting your bra color for breast cancer awareness...I just happened to be wearing one of the new bras, so my post was "hot pink." Boy, am I getting A LOT of comments...lol.

cathydoe
01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Hoot 4 U!!!

Onederchic
01-08-2010, 04:15 AM
Friggin awesome!! Congrats :woohoo:

Arctic Mama
01-08-2010, 06:25 AM
What fabulous NSV's those are! You GO girlie!

lovemyboy
01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Woo hoo!!! Congrats!

Violet73
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
there ya go! now you can wear hot pink! WTG!!!!!!! :woohoo:

thistoo
01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
That is awesome! I missed this somehow when you first posted it, so I'm glad it got bumped back up this morning. :D

Your progress has been really inspirational to watch, and you always manage to remind me to count my blessings re: my own progress, even when I'm feeling grumpy about how long it's taking, so I thank you for that.

(They are always out of mediums. At every store, not just VS. Being 'average' has its drawbacks after all!)

marigrace
01-08-2010, 09:58 AM
Woweeeeeee!!! Just so very nice to hear your story, DC.

Nada
01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Congratulations. I've never even shopped at VS because I was sure I couldn't wear anything there...........maybe I should check it out.

That was also good advice on very low carb diets. I've seen a lot of people lose on them just to regain when they stopped. So that's why I took a different route---the lifetime part of it.

tbmmom
01-08-2010, 10:32 AM
How awesome for you! And how inspiring for the rest of us! I can't wait to shop VS again for more than toiletries or cute things for my daughter. I can remember one horrible day, after having son number two. I was passing by VS with my ex husband. There was this gorgeous piece of lingerie in the window that caught my eye. It was just before Christmas, and I commented on how beautiful it was. (hint, hint). He turned to me and said..."I highly doubt they have it in your size. If you lost weight, I would consider buying it for you for Christmas." Well, that's just one of the reasons why he is my ex. :)

paris81
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow--a Medium! That's incredible--I feel like I will never be a medium, even if I reach my goal weight, I'll feel like I'll never get lower than large (which is ridiculous, I know).

And VS--sexy stuff! Congrats!