100 lb. Club - I WILL proudly say I lost 100 lbs!

Eliana
01-06-2010, 08:24 PM
I just had the oddest thought pop into my head. For half a moment I wished I had 200 lbs to lose so I can one day say, "Oh yeah, I lost 200 lbs." So I thought I'd share that with all of you. No matter how much you have to lose or have lost, it's quite an amazing accomplishment to have lost such a large amount.

I then thought that so many of us are focused on the fact that we shouldn't have been that overweight to begin with. But I say it doesn't matter. In the end, that's quite a number to be really, really proud of.

Stand proud 100+ clubbers!

cfmama
01-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Sometimes it IS embarrassing to say that I have lost 165 pounds and I have 65 more to go! BUT I'd rather say that they say I have 227 lbs STILL to lose ;) Focus on the positive right?

salsa chip
01-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I shovved my goal weight down by a pound to make it even out into a nice round 100lb to lose! ;)

Aclai4067
01-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh man, I think I'm gonna tell everybody when I reach goal weight! It's not like no one knew I was fat. I'm damn proud of the weight I've lost and the weight I WILL lose!

JustBeckyV
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
WTG -- congrats!!

Gracie789
01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Sometimes it IS embarrassing to say that I have lost 165 pounds and I have 65 more to go! BUT I'd rather say that they say I have 227 lbs STILL to lose ;) Focus on the positive right?
So true. I find it kinda weird to say I've lost 100 lbs but I've got 65 to go. I'm so freakin' proud of my loss, but I usually just tell people (other than close friends/family) that I'm 2/3 of the way to my goal. Once I reach my goal I'll probably take out a billboard to announce to the world all that I've accomplished in exact detail, lol. :)

DCHound
01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
People whom I've met recently don't believe I've lost 161 lbs unless I pull out the pics to prove it...it's weird. Then they **really** don't believe me when I tell them I've got about another 50 lbs to go. I guess I look pretty normal/average in clothes but undressed you can totally tell I need to lose another 50.

I can't believe I ever weighed nearly 400 lbs, I can't believe I don't still weigh that much, I can't believe I've lost over 160 lbs, I can't believe I'm going to eventually lose 200 lbs...none of it is believable. But there it is.

nelie
01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Congrats! It is an awesome accomplishment :) I hope one day to say I've lost 200 lbs and I will say it proudly as well.

bluebutterfly
01-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Losing that amount of weight really is an amazing accomplishment. You're right. We can all be proud of the changes we've made and our determination to continue to our goals. Yea!! to all us "fat chicks".

Lori259
01-06-2010, 11:30 PM
I am so proud of everyone On here & all there loss!
I am 5.1 pounds more or less from losing 100 Pounds.
I am so dang excited to that fact.
I Am only 15 pounds overweight now!! CAN Y'all Believe that?
I was 109 Pounds overweight! Now just 15! I am so dang AMAZED WITH WHAT WE ALL ARE DOING & WHAT WE HAVE DONE & WILL CONTINUE TO DO.
I Have thought many times to possibly go to 130 To say I am half Of what I use to weigh...But have decided once I am happy to call it goal and maintain....Other than 150 IS a must for me! That was my original main goal to have a healthy BMI.
Sorry for blabbing on & on!LOL

~I AM PROUD OF EVERYONE~

CLCSC145
01-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I struggle with the embarrassment of "The Number" - both what I've lost and what I have left to lose and the combination of the two. I mean, really, how, how, HOW did I let myself get almost 200 pounds overweight?! 200! That's like I had a full grown man hanging around my waist! :faint: That said, I'm awfully proud of myself. Maybe one day I can say it loud and proud. So far, you all and my therapist are all I've told. And I admit, it feels good to share with people who understand!

rockinrobin
01-07-2010, 12:22 AM
When people hear how much I've lost, not even the exact number, just people that have seen me BEFORE and after (now), many of them speak of what a feat that is, that I deserve a lot of credit... since I still have a hard time taking a compliment, I always say something like, "it was a long time in coming. It needed to be done."

But I guess when you stop to think about it, it is pretty amazing that I've actually DONE it. But then again, now that I HAVE done it, it really doesn't seem all THAT big a deal. It surely did BEFORE I did it, but now it's like, well this is what I should have been doing (eating/exercising) all along!!!

I'm very wishy washy sometimes. ;)

EDITED TO ADD: Still having a hard time writing this out and I'm not sure why - it really is something pretty spectacular, isn't it?

Brit
01-07-2010, 12:38 AM
cant wait until i can finally say that..im 34lbs away from the 100lbs mark

uclr0028
01-07-2010, 03:41 AM
I did finally reach my 100 lbs loss over Christmas time. It is a great feeling knowing that I am finally doing something positive to help my body. I still have over 80 lbs to go before I reach my goal but I know that it will come off as what I am doing has not become a habit rather then a struggle.

PeanutsMom704
01-07-2010, 07:35 AM
this is the only place where I've been able to admit that I need to lose 100 lbs. Other people know I'm aiming for 50, with more after that but not how much more.

I think once I'm down 100 lbs, I will be able to say that's how much I've lost and take pride in that. But for now, I still have a tough time admitting to most people that I have that much to lose (or did - down 21.5 so far, so only 78.5 to go - woohoo!)

Eliana
01-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Just to be clear, I haven't lost 100 pounds. ;) I just need to and I proudly share that with anyone who asks AFTER. In the mean time, I'll share what I've lost, but not what I have to lose. Besides, when I do tell people how much, they look at me like I have an eating disorder. I don't think people have a real accurate perception of what 100 lbs is because I've read a lot of people saying the same thing on these boards.

2fat4me2be
01-07-2010, 09:54 AM

How did you do it?

Aclai4067
01-07-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't think people have a real accurate perception of what 100 lbs is because I've read a lot of people saying the same thing on these boards.

Agreed. When I tell my friends I have to lose 135 total they don't believe me. But here I am, I've lost almost 50 and I'm still a size 20 with lots of extra fat everywhere! I think my goal is pretty darn realitic

But I think part of why my friends don't believe me is they are all shorter than me so they think of what 135 extra pounds would look like on them. I think they're starting to get it now since one of my friends (who's 5'2) has lost just 7 lbs more than me with a waaaay more dramatic difference in her appearance.

brandijune44
01-07-2010, 11:28 AM
You all are so darn inspiring! I've also had a hard time telling people that I need to lose 100+ pounds. It feels like saying it means admitting that I'm a failure. The fact that I have you guys that I can be honest with has really been uplifting. We can do it!

Loving Me
01-07-2010, 12:12 PM
I tell people how much I've lost, but not how much more I have to go just yet, I say "I still have a long way to go".
I actually told a close friend the other day that I'd lost 50lbs and had at least another 50 to go and she was like "no way!". So will just keep going until I get to where I want to be.

TJFitnessDiva
01-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I am very proud of how far I've come and when I reached 100lbs lost I practically shouted it to the world :lol: Gosh everyone knew I was morbidly obese when I started so why not right?

cfmama
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
How did you do it?

If you look up my user name you'll see all sorts of posts from me... But basically it's taken 16 months so far and I've calorie counted with a focus on lots of protein, veggies/fruit and whole grains and good healthy fats. I CUT all the junk food (and I do mean all) and caloric drinks. I exercise by walking and doing strength training with resistance bands.

I eat LOTS of low calorie foods in order to feel full. I stay on plan 98% of the time and if I have a slip I get back on plan THAT MINUTE. Pick up, dust off and get back on that horse.

I come here multiple times a day. I've built a HUGE support system and above all? I love myself. Take care of myself and have faith that I can do this :) Only 65 pounds more to go!!!!

Eliana
01-07-2010, 03:15 PM
and if I have a slip I get back on plan THAT MINUTE. Pick up, dust off and get back on that horse.

Oh, I LOVE that. I've heard "that day" before but not "that minute". Too true.

Botzz
01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
I just had the oddest thought pop into my head. For half a moment I wished I had 200 lbs to lose so I can one day say, "Oh yeah, I lost 200 lbs."

Watch what you wish for! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! lol and...oh yeah..

I lost MORE than 200 pounds! :^:

and still going ;)

As Ever
Me

saef
01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I consider it to be a form of privileged information. I will tell some people "100 pounds" or "just over 100 pounds," but not everyone. Only close friends or those who would understand or benefit from knowing. It's not embarrassment, really, because everyone could see me & might have been able to guess.

When I reflect on it, I guess it feels to me like going around saying how much money I make.

Eliana
01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Watch what you wish for! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! lol and...oh yeah..

I lost MORE than 200 pounds! :^:

and still going ;)

As Ever
Me

And I have such admiration for you! :carrot: That's what I mean. You have really accomplished something. Something most people will never be able to accomplish whether because they simply never will or because they will never need to. It doesn't matter. You did it!

lovemyboy
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
Every one of you who has lost 100 or more pounds should be extremely proud of yourself.

When I can say the same, I'll say either the total loss or the current weight. Why? Because I hate it when people try to do the calculations in their head. That and some coworkers already give a women there a hard time about loosing quite a bit of weight (likely 100-ish pounds) and talk about how unhealthy it is! :dizzy:

I never want to provide enough information to have to listen to that mess. "Safe" people I'll gladly tell though.

Eliana
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
That and some coworkers already give a women there a hard time about loosing quite a bit of weight (likely 100-ish pounds) and talk about how unhealthy it is! :dizzy:

You're kidding! Did she go too low or something? Since when is losing 100 lbs unhealthy? It's carrying it around that's the problem.

lovemyboy
01-07-2010, 06:09 PM
No, she looks to be in the "normal" range to me and she didn't do some strange unhealthy diet. It is people of all weight ranges that say it too. If it makes any difference people There have no trouble commenting on other things besides weight too.

Mikayla
01-07-2010, 08:39 PM
A year ago I thought it was petty much impossible for me to ever lose 100 lbs. Now that I know that I will lose over 100 lbs, I cannot wait to reach 100 lbs lost. Right now I'm keeping quiet about my weight loss at work( I started In August) but once I reach 100 lbs lost I plan on telling anyone within earshot! I am proud of my weight loss, and and everyone is going to know it damn it!

matt_H
01-07-2010, 09:23 PM

I hear ya sista!

I lost 200 pounds and I'm still obese :o

Onederchic
01-08-2010, 03:18 AM
:woohoo:

undertall
01-08-2010, 03:57 AM
HI guys

this is why I decided to register! Every one on this site is absolutely amazing!
I have about 116 pounds to lose, and when I read all the posts and look at the before and after photos, I KNOW I WILL GET THERE!
KEEP IT UP EVERYONE, YOU ARE AN INSPRIRATION!:D