Old 01-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5"9

Default Exercise

My question is probably a simple one for those of you who own the book, or who have done this diet in the past. My question is: what is recommended in terms of exercise?

I'm nearing the end of my 5th day of the detox phase and while I've followed the nutritional elements to the letter, I've only managed to get myself to the gym once so far. I'm planning on going each of the last four days of the phase. I guess I'm wondering if what I'm doing's enough (5 workouts during the 9 days) and whether I can expect the great results everyone talks about.

Thank you so much in advance!
ilunikavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/150

Height: 5'5

Hi,
The recommendation is 30 minutes, 5 days a week. It does not need to be consecutive. So, it's not so much about "lining up" the exercise with the phase, as it is about getting the exercise 5 days of a week. I like to get mine in M-F and take the weekend off!!

There are phase specific recommendations though, as far as the amount of time spent exercising each day:
Phase 1: 5 days, 30 min.
Phase 2: 5 days, 35 min
Phase 3: 5 days, 45 min
Phase 4: 5 days, 60 min

I think the idea here is that as you increase your food intake on the plan, you should be increasing your exercise as well. It is also recommended that you only participate in cardio the first three phases, then add light free weights twice a week in phase 4.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by YumYum 8itall; 01-06-2010 at 05:22 PM.
YumYum 8itall is offline   Reply With Quote