Old 01-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/172/160

Height: 5' 4"

Default HNS Substitutes

Has anyone found a similar, less expensive supplement in stores or online? I know dietdirect.com has something similar to the berry liquid protein and it costs less. It is probably cheaper as it comes in a single bottle vs individual packets.

My center said taking 5 HNS instead of 3 would increase my weight loss but that is getting expensive. I am not looking for meal replacements, just HNS replacements. A friend of mine suggested www.genisoy She did say it is a tasteless protein powder but only about $15 for 15 servings. Their unflavored protein powder has:

Calories - 110
Total Fat - 1.5
Cholesterol - 0
Sodium - 280
Protein - 25
Sugar - 0

Just wondering if anyone has had success using alternate supplements.
Would like to find an alternate chicken broth or cocoa.
Helen ready to lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/191/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen ready to lose View Post
Has anyone found a similar, less expensive supplement in stores or online? I know dietdirect.com has something similar to the berry liquid protein and it costs less. It is probably cheaper as it comes in a single bottle vs individual packets.

My center said taking 5 HNS instead of 3 would increase my weight loss but that is getting expensive. I am not looking for meal replacements, just HNS replacements. A friend of mine suggested www.genisoy She did say it is a tasteless protein powder but only about $15 for 15 servings. Their unflavored protein powder has:

Calories - 110
Total Fat - 1.5
Cholesterol - 0
Sodium - 280
Protein - 25
Sugar - 0

Just wondering if anyone has had success using alternate supplements.
Would like to find an alternate chicken broth or cocoa.
The health food store has whey protein powder that has less sodium.
not going to give up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

I order the Protidiet drinks from Dietdirect.com. They have cappuccino's and cocoa too.. I haven't tried them. It does save me a bunch, because I order a lot at once, then get the discount and free shipping. Last time I ordered, I got 15 boxes for $ 84.00.
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233/217/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
I order the Protidiet drinks from Dietdirect.com. They have cappuccino's and cocoa too.. I haven't tried them. It does save me a bunch, because I order a lot at once, then get the discount and free shipping. Last time I ordered, I got 15 boxes for $ 84.00.
MEEZOOGIRL, do you even list the extra hns when you go to weigh in? I have been thinking about order from diet direct too. I just didn't want to hear any mess from my center about not buying from them. Or having a nosy advisor who wonders how I am making my HNS stretch, taking 5 a day but only bought 10 boxes.
harlow grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/154/145

Height: 5' 5"

I ordered the ProtiDiet drinks from Diet Direct.....and they were identical to MRC products. I stopped listing the extra HNS drinks I drink on my diet sheet; because I have started to only buy the minimum amount of HNS drinks from my center and I didn't want them to do the math. They always ask though, and try to go with the higher number of drinks (4 per day). I usually say it varies from 2 to 4 depending on my schedule.
malachite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #6  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Just to let you in on my experience, I have ALWAYS kept to the minimum of HNS drinks. I have lost exactly like I should be and what they said I should, actually even more than they expected. I only take a multi vitamin and Omega 3. So I think you'll lose just fine by doing the minimum but if you find yourself really hungry you might want/need more to keep that under control.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlow grey View Post
MEEZOOGIRL, do you even list the extra hns when you go to weigh in? I have been thinking about order from diet direct too. I just didn't want to hear any mess from my center about not buying from them. Or having a nosy advisor who wonders how I am making my HNS stretch, taking 5 a day but only bought 10 boxes.
I have still been buying the cappucino's and the hot cocoa from the center. I list all of the ones that I take on my food list. So far they have not said anything. I know a lot of posters on here say that their centers are really nosey about what they buy, but mine just seems to note what you buy. They have never been pushy about what to buy either.

It saves me money,so I'll just be honest if they ask me. If they want us to buy all the product from MRC, they need to be competitive in their pricing...
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 206/183/145

Height: 5'6"

Does anyone know if any of the Protidiet drinks tastes like the MRC's Mixed Berry concentrate?
mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
Just to let you in on my experience, I have ALWAYS kept to the minimum of HNS drinks. I have lost exactly like I should be and what they said I should, actually even more than they expected. I only take a multi vitamin and Omega 3. So I think you'll lose just fine by doing the minimum but if you find yourself really hungry you might want/need more to keep that under control.
I have re-upped for 10 more weeks, and I have decided not to do all the HNS's (4@day) & all the pills. I won't be doing all that in real life eating so I might as well not do it now.
I was wondering though, do you do the fiber drinks?
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

I'm right there with you iluvindiana, I am scaling back big time on purchasing the supplements. First of all, they're very expensive and I'm thinking about real life as you mentioned. They suggest the HNS's between meals to keep our bodies from going into starvation mode which makes sense but as you said, I will only be drinking 2 per day. We all need a multivitamin as we get older and maybe the oils but that's it for me. I have not refilled the corti-trim nor will I refill the MRC-6. sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 350/311/222

Height: 5'7"

I agree with what a lot of you are saying about the HNS. I have always only done three a day (even though I'm on Meta-Slim level 3 and could potentially have 5.) I usually do the powder packets from MRC, but I used the Protidiet concentrates from dietdirect.com over the holidays because I was traveling to visit family and they could be shipped to that address easily (thank you again to this forum for suggesting them!) Don't be worried about people at the center asking you questions; I think it's one of those things where you should be able to just say "I'm all stocked up, thanks!" and they should let it go.

Last edited by CJay; 01-13-2010 at 02:10 PM.
CJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #12  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

I was going on and on in my mind about doing the HNS this time around, but I guess I will, but I dont recall if I did them the 1st week our when I started the yellow?
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/183/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTUCKLY View Post
I was going on and on in my mind about doing the HNS this time around, but I guess I will, but I dont recall if I did them the 1st week our when I started the yellow?
You can start the clear HNS when you start the yellow menu.
mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Also remember that the protein drinks are to keep you from losing muscle as well and keeping you from being hungry. If you don't keep your muscles you will not burn the fat.. You need one to do the other.. Just my 2 cents..

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #15  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 145/ticker/130

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Also remember that the protein drinks are to keep you from losing muscle as well and keeping you from being hungry. If you don't keep your muscles you will not burn the fat.. You need one to do the other.. Just my 2 cents..

Ronnie
Thanks, I had some left over but will place my order today, but I am not going to do 5 day that is for sure, just 2
JSTUCKLY is offline   Reply With Quote