Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 07:35 PM   #1  

Talking Before WW Point System

Hi! Does anyone have the Week One pamphlet that was used before WW went to the point system? I had such wonderful luck following WW before they went to the point system....it was approximately 1997. I would be so thrilled to have that pamphlet back again....I threw it out when WW went to the point system. Thank you, Camille
Old 08-12-2002, 12:51 PM   #2  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

If you are talking about the selection I found a site that had all the information. I will try and find it. I am also doing the exchanges so if you would like some support I will post here. I will be back with the site.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:54 PM   #3  
Bev

Here is the site for the selection plan. I hope it is what you are looking for. Post back about how you are doing.

http://www.geocities.com/george_draper/foodlists.htm
Old 08-16-2002, 12:10 AM   #4  

Thank you, it's my life. I will try this website you have just given me. I will reply back after I look at it. You are so right, you must have positive thoughts to succeed! Camille
Old 08-16-2002, 01:00 AM   #5  

Hi again, it's my life. I have just gone to george's website and it is fabulous. I have printed the foodlist and the weekly worksheet and will begin immediately. Thanks so much. How long have you been doing the selections? Camille
Old 08-16-2002, 02:37 AM   #6  
Bev

I just started the selection plan. I tryed the points and it was not working for me so I decided that the only plan I have ever really losed weight on was the selection plan ( I lost 30 lbs on i with weight watchers). So one night I was hunting for it on the computer and found that great site.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:14 AM   #7  

I also lost 20 lbs in 1997 with the selection plan. The actual Week One Pamphlet is called Smart Start which I emailed George to see if he had it....and, voila! He sent me to his Smart Start website. So in conjunction with the foodlists and worksheet and Smart Start I am very encouraged.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:33 PM   #8  
Bev

what is the address to smart start?

bev
Old 08-16-2002, 08:04 PM   #9  

Hi Bev: http://www.geocities.com/george_draper/smartstart.htm

This is a very structured plan ,however, you can substitute within each food group. It seems like I always have something in the cupboard or refrig that will make this work...and it did. I will be
interested to see if this appeals to you. Cammie
Old 08-16-2002, 11:32 PM   #10  
Bev

I remember smart start. I am going to start in on monday. How long have you been on smart start?

bev
Old 08-18-2002, 10:31 AM   #11  

I have been on smart start since this last Fri. It is going very well. I refuse to get on the scale until I have been on this for atleast one week. This was the plan I have been looking for for quite some time....and thanks to you and george and 3fc I have found it. Hope it works for you starting Monday. Cammie
Old 08-26-2002, 10:09 AM   #12  

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been looking for this plan for a long time. The closest I could find was the Richard Simmons plan but it was not the same. I lost weigh in 94 on this plan and I am confident that I can do it again. I'm on Day 3 of Quick Start (this is what it was called when I did it but seems to be the same thing) and so far so good. I cheated and got on the scale this morning and I'm down 4 lbs. I'm sure its water or something but its still a great motivator. I'm determined to stick to it and if I don't lose the weight its because I'm pregnant (currently trying to get pregnant but want to lose 20 lbs -or more-first).
Old 08-27-2002, 09:22 AM   #13  

I realized why I like this plan so much better than the points plan. I used to get something out of every meeting when I was on this plan, even if I didn't stay for the whole meeting. Every week I would get a booklet and each booklet would have stuff about the plan and it would give you a weekly menu to either follow or use as a guide. The points plan does not do that. Most weeks you don't get any information you simply get a recipe card (and they're usually stuff that I don't like) or you get a booklet but the booklets aren't very worthwhile. The selection plan was structured so much better and was more focused on eating right and losing weight.
Old 08-29-2002, 12:14 AM   #14  

I have been on Smart Start for a week and a half now and am doing very well. My clothes are fitting better....I am still not quite ready to get on the scale yet though. This structured plan seems to be what I do best on because I don't really have to think too much about it. I do not have overwhelming choices to make. Also, I am using the weekly worksheet that seems to go with Smart Start. It balances the food choices for better nutrition.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:22 AM   #15  

Are you doing Smart Start or the Selection Plan? Smart Start is for a week and it provides the menu choices for you. After the week you start the selection plan and that's when you use the worksheet. Which one are you doing?
Closed Thread