Mini-Goals - First Mini-Goal, What a Surprise!

View Full Version : First Mini-Goal, What a Surprise!

Beck1Beck
01-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Hey all!
This week, I hit my first mini-goal (20 lbs gone) and it sure did feel good.
I know I've got a lonnnnnnnnnngggggg way to go, but this time it just seems to feel right.
Back in the day when I was a heavy smoker, I quit more times than I can even remember, but when the time came that it just felt right, the quit "took". 8.5 years later, I'm still grateful that I didn't give up trying.
Now I'm working on my weight again and have been seeing some interesting results. For example, I've been at it for ~4 months now and have lost 20 lbs. I also managed to maintain and even drop a bit during the holidays, without working too hard at it.
I'm NOT on a diet, I'm just trying to make some changes and make better choices. It's happening slow, but it IS happening, while life goes on relatively unchanged.
As I said, unlike the gazillion other times I've tackled the weight issue, this time just feels right.
Wish me luck.

jlady
01-06-2010, 02:55 PM
congratulations on reaching your goal.. i hesitate to say MINI, because every step we make to ourselves healthier is a great one! Working at it for 4 months means you are well on your way to a new relationship with food. I too am like you, NOT on a diet, but making permanent changes to the way i eat and treat food. It's the only way to be :)

again, great job Beck1Beck!!! keep up the good work

Coondocks
01-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Thats fantastic! feels good hitting that mark you set for yourself isn't it? Keep it up

leeway
01-07-2010, 02:58 AM
:carrot::cp::broc::cp::cb:
YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! Sounds like you've found what works for you and are sticking to it - the results being those 20 pounds are hsitory and you're that much closer to your goal - how great is that?!:woohoo:

This time feels right because it is right - your approach is a smart one, focusing on health not a diet, not a number - you've got a plan that will not only shed the pounds but that you can also live with after the weight is gone.

Thanks for sharing - keep us posted on your progress - we'll all be here to cheer you on! :bravo:

going2Bhealthy
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey Beck1Beck, Congrats on reaching your first mini-goal! What you said really resonates with me, I'm glad you've found things that really work for you, you sound so positive about your loss, keep it up! :D

jigglefree
01-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Congrats. I am so looking forward to reaching my first goal of 10lbs lost. When I get to 20lbs lost I will be overjoyed. YAY YOU!!!!

Matilda08
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
congrats

specialkonadiet
01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
How inspiring! Congrats! I'm not on a "diet" either, but changing what and how I eat food.

thundahthighs
01-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hooray hooray! :hug:

kimmieone
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Congrats! :)

Judy Lynn
01-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Way to go!

bridietogo
01-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Congratulations.
I won't wish you luck because you won't need it - you've got such a positive mindset and determination that you'll achieve whatever your target is.
Thanks for sharing your story - very motivational.