Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #1  

Default "Subway Guy Falls Off The Diet Wagon"

This isn't really MRC related but has anyone seen Jared lately? Poor man gained back some of the weight he lost. I noticed that a few of the Biggest Loser contestants have also gained back the weight. It just goes to show that you really have to treat weight loss as a life change. I think MRC is good at helping people recognize that.

Here's the article on Jared:

http://www.thatsfit.com/2009/12/02/subway-guy-falls-off-the-diet-wagon/?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl3|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thatsfit.com%2F2009%2 F12%2F02%2Fsubway-guy-falls-off-the-diet-wagon%2F
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/188/138

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

O I didn't know that!! Poor thing.
ugh- I am getting really sick of people saying that they wouldn't do MRC cause you gain all ur weight back once u hit ur goal. Do you have that negativity where ur from??
Anti Gluten Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/199/160

Height: 5'6

I dont have the negative talk here in Georgia. A friend of mine talked me into doing the program and he lost 130 pounds in 2007 and it is still off. He just says that it is a lifestyle change!
gerdes9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure I'd categorize him as "poor man," the before and after pictures definitely show a gain, but nothing to suggest that he's on his way to gaining back all 250 lbs.

Even if he doesn't re-lose any that he's gained, and chooses to maintain his now slightly-larger weight, it doesn't seem worthy of the "fall of the wagon" criticism.

I've read (but haven't verified) that Jared caught meningitis in 2009 and was very severely ill (bedridden, for quite some time), and the weight gain occurred during his recovery.

If that's true (heck and even if it's not), he deserves to be cut a little slack. The idea that a person will lose the weight and never struggle with so much as a single regained pound, is incredibly unrealistic.

It's a war that will be fought for a lifetime, and losing a small skirmish here and there shouldn't be interpreted as defeat.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerdes9195 View Post
I dont have the negative talk here in Georgia. A friend of mine talked me into doing the program and he lost 130 pounds in 2007 and it is still off. He just says that it is a lifestyle change!
Now that's great to hear! Congratulate your friend and do share with us some of his pointers. Nice to hear folks have been successful upon completion of this program/stabilization & maintenance.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=kaplods;3103173]

I've read (but haven't verified) that Jared caught meningitis in 2009 and was very severely ill (bedridden, for quite some time), and the weight gain occurred during his recovery.

QUOTE]

He might even have been on steroids, for that or any other thing we don't know about.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote