Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/135

Height: 5'5"

Default lil help please.

Okay, so, for my plan I am focusing on eating more than just dinner, and counting my calories.

As far as eating more, I did..ok.

As far as getting enough calories, not so good. I am pretty sure that I need to be eating at least 1600 cals. each day.

Here's what I have eaten today

Breakfast - 2 clementine oranges -90 cal
Lunch - Banquet mac n cheese, 2 clementine oranges - 350 cal
Supper - 6oz steak, green beans- 500 cal
Snacks (am/pm) -

total 940 cal

My question is should I try to eat another 660 calories tonight?

I haven't exercised or really moved much today. I know I need to eat more often and more cals, but if I haven't done much today should I even be eating the 1600 calories?
abey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Don't go overboard with restricting yourself. I would keep your calories at a consistent level and not have it be dependent on what you've done during the day. Just as I wouldn't eat more if I worked out, I wouldn't eat less if I didn't. Your calories are your calories. You may burn more or less from day to day, but keep your intake steady.

I think you definitely need more protein spread out through the day. For example, throw in some yogurt, eggs, cheese, or some peanut butter on toast for breakfast.

Maybe a few almonds as a snack or a serving of cottage cheese or a glass of milk. Protein and fat will keep you un-hungry longer than carbs will.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Try and and eat at least 1500 cal's a day. You're pretty much starving yourself and you will pretty much get fatter before you get thin, not to mention major health problems that may come in the long run from this. If your going to diet and lose weight do it a proper way. Eat lots of veggies though out the day you should at least have.

Breakfast
Mid morning snack
Lunch
Mid afternoon snack
Dinner
evening snack.

They don't have to be huge portions but at least make sure it's healthy.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #4  
Hopeless but harmless

You are almost starving yourself, your body will conserve fat for the famine ahead and you won't lose any weight. Try a healthy diet, loads of fruit and veg, you know what, you've heard it all before and make sure you drink plenty of water.. More haste less speed. Be kind to yourself Abs!
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/295/135

Thanks for the responses. I have had bad eating habits (only eating and drinking at dinner) for about 15 years now. I realize that I need to eat and drink all throughout the day, but am fighting off depression at the same time. I have learned so much and have been so inspired by everyone on 3fc. I can already feel the difference that eating more makes.
abey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abey View Post
Thanks for the responses. I have had bad eating habits (only eating and drinking at dinner) for about 15 years now. I realize that I need to eat and drink all throughout the day, but am fighting off depression at the same time. I have learned so much and have been so inspired by everyone on 3fc. I can already feel the difference that eating more makes.
If you've only eaten one meal at night for 15 years, I think you've got a good start going. Yes, eat up to 1600 calories, your body needs nutrition. Work towards eating a larger breakfast, it will help curb your night cravings over time. Personally, I didn't start eating breakfast until about 21 years old, and now my stomach kills me if I don't eat a full breakfast. It takes time to adapt to change.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:41 AM   #7  
Hopeless but harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by abey View Post
Me too! I really didn't like myself much before I met the lovely people on here
Dinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:49 AM   #8  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

You definitely need to eat more!

Breakfast should be the largest meal (so sayeth old wive's tales). Eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a pauper for dinner. Added benefit : you sleep better on a slightly empty stomach.

Not so many clementines. They're good to accompany a meal, but they are not a meal in and of themselves.

Also, try to switch out things high in white flour (like the mac n' cheese), as that spikes your blood sugar and leads to hunger and cravings within a short period of time.

Good luck!
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote