General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

Default watching in amazement

I teach with a girl who is a good friend of mine and we both are trying really hard to lose weight and become healthy again. I am doing Fat Smash and she is on "another" plan. I don't want to say what plan she is doing because I am not here to trash talk but when I watched her today eat a frozen processed lunch, regular jello (cause it was low in pts), honey twisted pretzels, 3 diet cokes I watched in amazement. I don't know if I finally woke up or if being on FS has made me really watch what goes in my mouth and body! I don't want to have all the chemicals in my body anymore! I think I finally get it
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Based on the fact that you said "low pts," is she doing Weight Watchers? Good for you for being so healthy!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/207.5/150

Height: 5'6

Yes, sorry!!! I really don't want to bash WW because it does help some but not all. I just can't eat that stuff anymore. This eating plan is different from anything I have every been on but in a good way. I love eating healthy, FINALLY!
My3angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/150

Height: 5'5

Default Exactly!

This story is exactly why I am so drawn to this plan. The diet industry has gotten a bit derailed from the idea that it should not just be about "diet - low carb- low fat-low calorie...." whatever, but also about wholesome and healthy!! These processed foods are so loaded with...well I can't even pronounce the stuff and if I can't pronounce it, I'm pretty sure I don't want to eat it!
YumYum 8itall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/240/170

Height: 5'9"

I know what you mean!! I live with 3 girls. And me and another one of my roommates are doing the FS diet with great results!!! But, whenever we see our other roommates eating we realize how bad they are eating and we both realized we used to eat like that. M&Ms, Oreos, and Chick-fil-A don't help with your nutrition! No wonder they are soooo hungry all the time.

I can honestly say I haven't had a problem with being hungry and I am very proud of myself for choosing an apple when people around me are eating cookies!!! Sometimes I find it hard, but I just keep on thinking about my overall goal, to change my eating habits and become healthy!

Here's to our health!!!
capelover11 is offline   Reply With Quote